• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

MechaX

Seems like the Patch notes are up.

I saw that PvP exp "adjustment" coming from a mile away. Seems like you'll get different exp depending on match duration and win or loss.

Guess Who

Banned
Bard - Troubadour - Now effects both self and nearby party members.

Finally.

EDIT:

FIXED: An issue wherein the bard action Battle Voice had no effect when used immediately after Mage's Ballad, Army's Paeon, or the Wanderer's Minuet.
* In addition to addressing this issue, party members are no longer required to be under the effects of a song to receive the effects of Battle Voice.

Double finally.

Sandfox

Seems like the Patch notes are up.

I saw that PvP exp "adjustment" coming from a mile away. Seems like you'll get different exp depending on match duration and win or loss.

People were ruining PvP with the current method so they kinda had to.

Alex

Yay they added the FFVI sprite based Magitek Armor as a mount now, too.

PvP change is possibly moronic, especially with gigantic DPS queues.

Sandfox

Yay they added the FFVI sprite based Magitek Armor as a mount now, too.

PvP change is possibly moronic, especially with gigantic DPS queues.

Right now there are a ton of people who just go afk for the entire pvp match since it doesn't matter.

iammeiam

RIP having a method to get to 61 that wasn't soul-crushing.

Omega normal gear to copy pasta the Alex normal model; gonna embrace delusion for the moment and hope they sneak in some crafted gear too. pls no farm normal pls

scy

NIN change is confusing, I wasn't aware Baklava needed the help.

Bloodspiller is interesting since it basically makes TBN Bloodspillers a like ~2 potency loss now or basically beyond caring and basically a variance loss. That's uh ... kind of potentially gamechanging for them.

Stuart444

How is an increase from 550 to 600 a nerf

Because it is now magical instead of physical and doesn't benefit from the slashing debuff/etc. Before it was like 720 potency or something (read this on reddit) because of that.

Now being magical, it does less dmg than it was when it was physical

Luminaire

Ah, makes sense! Thanks for clarifying.

As you can likely already tell, I'm a terrible ninja
still at level 50something idk

Demoskinos

RIP PVP. Going back to being dead.

PvP going back to the people playing actually caring about PvP and not AFKing for EXP.

I'm all for the changes. You have to actually try now to get decent xp from it like it should have been in the first place.

iammeiam

They translated that 4.05 thing. Nothing new or surprising in the translation:
Regarding FFXIV Job Adjustments in 4.01-4.05
Hello, everyone. This is FFXIV Producer and Director, Naoki Yoshida.

Following the release of Stormblood, there has been much community discussion about jobs, and I'd like to thank you for all your feedback. The team has divided your concerns into a number of categories, and as we speak, we're in the process of reviewing each job and implementing adjustments. As the adjustments are quite far-reaching, the details won't be available until they're implemented, but today I'd like to share with you our current plan.

■Patches 4.01 and 4.05■
First of all, to clarify the timeframe. Patch 4.01, featuring the raid Omega: Deltascape, will be released on July 4. Job adjustments will begin in earnest from patch 4.05, and we are currently in the process of reviewing player feedback while applying adjustments and conducting tests.
■4.01 Adjustments■
Ahead of 4.05, we will be making enmity-related adjustments for the three tank jobs. In light of the large amount of feedback we have received, we will boost the effect of enmity-generating combos and AOEs in order to make enmity management more predictable during the lower levels and while leveling. We would appreciate your continued feedback with regards to enmity following 4.01.

Furthermore, immediately after 4.0's release, we've made adjustments to certain actions that were deemed necessary.
■4.05 Adjustments■
Patch 4.05 will see the release of Omega: Deltascape (Savage), and at the same time we will be implementing the first round of job adjustments.

A lot of the adjustments are intended to improve job usability, and we will be fine-tuning various actions and tweaking systems. As the changes are wide-ranging and we're in the middle of working out the precise values, the details won't be available until release, and I ask for your patience and understanding in the meantime. I plan to provide you with an outline of our plans in my 37th LIVE Letter, scheduled for July 15.

Of course, the adjustments will not be limited to those mentioned here. We'll keep on reviewing jobs as we move forward, and we welcome your continued discussion and feedback.
■Balancing DPS Roles■
I already touched upon this in my previous LIVE letter, but I'd like to take the opportunity to clarify balance among DPS roles.

Recently, samurai damage has been the subject of much debate, prompting many comparisons between jobs. In bringing samurai in line with other jobs, however, we not only look at solo damage values, but take all of the following into account:
Damage dealt when solo.
Susceptibility to mechanics (jobs affected more by mechanics deal slightly more solo damage, and vice versa).
Ability to raise a full party's total damage.

For instance, dragoon can greatly increase party members' damage, but deals less solo damage than samurai. In contrast, samurai boasts high solo damage, but cannot do much to increase party damage. Things such as the aforementioned susceptibility and the ability to perform ranged attacks are also considered.

We can't say with absolute certainty that the values will be perfect from the start, and it will be difficult to get a feel for the adjustments before they are released alongside Omega: Deltascape (Savage). For now, we will work towards applying those changes deemed necessary to 4.05, and we look forward to your feedback after you have played the raid.
■Damage Calculations for Tank Roles■
Lastly, players have expressed concern that enmity is difficult to sustain. Some have taken to using ilv 270 STR accessories to address the issue, and numerous measures have been put forth. We've received requests for damage calculations to be made VIT-based again, like they were during the 3.X patch series. As VIT also influences HP, however, adjusting it is liable to lead to HP inflation, and so we have no plan to adopt this method at present. (VIT-based damage was deemed workable during 3.X and was employed in the interim.)

However, as ilv 270 STR accessories don't increase HP, this places an increased burden upon healers, and we are working to address the issue by 4.05. While we must ask for your patience, please rest assured that we are working on this as a matter of priority.

In closing, we will continue our work on the adjustments while keeping you informed via the forums as well as LIVE letters. Again, allow me to say how grateful we are for your discussion and feedback. Thank you for your continued interest and support!

PvP going back to the people playing actually caring about PvP and not AFKing for EXP.

I'm all for the changes. You have to actually try now to get decent xp from it like it should have been in the first place.

Anyone who sets something up so the auto kick doesn't get them isn't going to be affected by the change.

They are still going to leave the game and do something else with their time so they're still getting that free exp whether they win or lose.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
They need to make it so you can glam that gatherer and crafter armor on regular jobs.

It looks too good to be seen so rarely.

K.Sabot

I'd rather have loot drops.

At least it's more exciting to see drop than just stupid fuckin tokens that require multiple weeks to get anything.

kaze343

It's no longer affected by the ninja skills that were buffing it since it was being calculated as physical damage which made its potency 726.

unless im not understanding the venom traits, isnt it still being buffed by said traits?

Omni

That enmity buff is nice.

Currently levelling ninja since I need a dps so I'm not always hogging healers with my friends. In the last four dungeons I've been in, I've ripped hate off the tank while they're in their tank stance. So then I get hit and die :mad:

Also another frustrating thing is when I write in chat "just gimme a 10 second countdown at the boss and I'll shade you so you don't lose hate" but nope, tanks just ignore it and are ALWAYS just rushing in because reasons and lose hate by the time I finish my opener. Like what are you doing? If you just waited you could have dropped tank stance and everything, giving you higher dps. Which more than makes up for the 10 seconds countdown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

iammeiam

It's HW all over again. I don't expect MCH to be touched for a few patches, honestly.

I've seen this a lot, and it never starts making sense. In 3.0 MCH played really well but was tuned like garbage; Bard had similar issues and they both got their first round of adjustments in 3.01 alongside the normal raid. It was a series to get MCH into a good place, but they did acknowledge at least some of the problems right away.

Now the damage is bad and the core gameplay loop is jacked up; in terms of DPS jobs that need things addressed, MCH is currently pretty high up there--all else aside, SB's revamp was supposed to boost the job out of its low-adoption rate; creating a more convoluted and punishing job that's going to go into the first set of raids looking like garbage is kind of a huge failure.

Sandfox

Anyone who sets something up so the auto kick doesn't get them isn't going to be affected by the change.

They are still going to leave the game and do something else with their time so they're still getting that free exp whether they win or lose.

Their team losing gets them less exp and pvp is a less attractive grinding option now since it seemingly gives less exp in general now.

Unless people are really undergeared I don't see how they are losing aggro even against Samurai and Red Mage burst.

Use some aggro combos and chances are you're good for the rest of the fight.

Their team losing gets them less exp and pvp is a less attractive grinding option now since it seemingly gives less exp in general now.

The thing about that is that winning and losing in frontlines is a coin toss.

You more or less play just to maybe get a few kills, but the outcome of the match isn't determined by what you personally do.

The people who go through the trouble of setting something up to circumvent the auto kick after 2 mins probably aren't going to care about getting a little less exp ever couple of games or so.

Top Bottom