• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Zomba13

It's Heavensward all over again. Hope you enjoy! Dont forget on the 18th that tomestones of creation are 450 capped. Nothing in the endgame has changed.

This is stuff I just hate. I understand the reason for capping loot and currency, I just hate it. I want to be able to grind out my stuff if I want to. I'd much rather be able to do that than just logging in every day for 20 mins to run a dungeon then logging out and doing the same every day to cap the tomes and then play a little extra one day to do the raid stuff and get tokens.

Qvoth

I've pulled aggro a few times as blm in dungeons against mobs
After the 1st set of enemies blm will probably have foul at the start of every new set of mobs

Kenai

Glad I zoomed through RDM leveling in PvP (no I did not afk) cause I knew that wouldn't last. SCH can be slow and steady in roulettes.

iammeiam

More substantial balance adjustments to come in 4.05.

Guys stop making a big deal out of WHM lilies. It was an old build! Things have been adjusted since then!

like at some point they could probably start using their words; they took time out to specifically address SAM being OP in relation to other melee.

I don't even care if they fix the potency, just make the job stop playing like garbage. Bard is boring.

Zomba13

Glad I zoomed through RDM leveling in PvP (no I did not afk) cause I knew that wouldn't last. SCH can be slow and steady in roulettes.

I only got SMN through with PVP, and even that wasn't all with PVP but with a bunch of SB sidequests too. My RDM is still fresh 60 and my SAM is still POTDing.

I really should've spent my sanity on PVPing RDM and doing dungeons for SCH but I didn't have any level appropriate healing gear and damned if I'm buying the vendor stuff (you seen those prices!).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
This is stuff I just hate. I understand the reason for capping loot and currency, I just hate it. I want to be able to grind out my stuff if I want to. I'd much rather be able to do that than just logging in every day for 20 mins to run a dungeon then logging out and doing the same every day to cap the tomes and then play a little extra one day to do the raid stuff and get tokens.
What's there to not understand? If you have to log in for a certain number of days, there's a higher chance that you'll subscribe for the next month.

Pancho

Qurupancho
And no fix yet on that uninstall bug :(
I've been super unlucky and have had 3 power surges over the release of Stormblood so I have done the 22gb install 3 times
Fucking bullshit.

Also, Omega being copy/paste in terms of how it works with weekly caps and parts to exchange for gear really fucking sucks. They should've stayed far away from the poison known as Alexander raid. That shit made too many players quit the game (including myself)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Guys stop making a big deal out of WHM lilies. It was an old build! Things have been adjusted since then!

like at some point they could probably start using their words; they took time out to specifically address SAM being OP in relation to other melee.

I don't even care if they fix the potency, just make the job stop playing like garbage. Bard is boring.

?
It's pretty clear they take time to test and apply whatever changes they may deem necessary. I may not like it either, but it's not about them not seeing what the problems are and more about not wanting to accidentally make it even worse, which they very well might with hasty touches.

Also bard is boring, what?

Also, Omega being copy/paste in terms of how it works with weekly caps and parts to exchange for gear really fucking sucks. They should've stayed far away from the poison known as Alexander raid. That shit made too many players quit the game (including myself)

Story mode loot system made people quit the game? What?

Qvoth

People quit the game because of savage gordias and midas' difficulty, not the raid loot system

Zomba13

What's there to not understand? If you have to log in for a certain number of days, there's a higher chance that you'll subscribe for the next month.

I know. That is why I said I understand why it's that way. I said I don't like it.

duckroll

Does this mean if I do PVP Frontlines I have a better chance of my team giving a shit and winning now?! I need those wins for the mount....

Phew, got a match for Steps of Faith with just ten minutes to go before maintenance and I thought, no way in hell is this getting cleared in time. Turned out to be more like a trial than a dungeon and we finished just in the nick of time.

Praise be to PS4 UI size increase! The highlight of the update :D

iammeiam

?
It's pretty clear they take time to test and apply whatever changes they may deem necessary. I may not like it either, but it's not about them not seeing what the problems are and more about not wanting to accidentally make it even worse, which they very well might with hasty touches.

Also bard is boring, what?

Their repeated mantra is, essentially, just wait and they'll fix it. They'll tell us what they want, when they want, and just keep waiting. It's tiring, in part because often times what they tell us does seem a little out-of-sync with reality:
Lastly, players have expressed concern that enmity is difficult to sustain. Some have taken to using ilv 270 STR accessories to address the issue, and numerous measures have been put forth.

It was about the DPS, not the threat. The threat was a side bonus, but turtle tanks spamming Flash weren't the ones going full 270 right side.

It's not super out of line to wish that they'd publicly acknowledge the problems they're secretly feverishly working to remedy, to give an indicator of what they're actually going to address since an across-the-board potency boost won't fix the core gameplay loop for MCH and they have yet to really address that jobs don't just need balance changes, in some cases they need actual functional adjustments.

scy

Bummed about the PVP change. Winning or losing seemed like a roll of the dice, so having the exp take a hit gives you no reason to gamble.

My best guess here is just a complete lack of ability to gauge participation in a better way.

Ideally, they'd buff the EXP for winning with a small loss for last place. Realistically, they probably just gutted it.

Yam's

I wonder if those pvp changes will really affect queues. As long as there will be a tank shortage, dungeons won't be a viable option to level a dps.

Fates are alright, but most of them take too long and I don't know why but sometimes special xp Fates lose their bonuses right when you complete them (seems like it happened mostly when I was fishing for them with instance changing, could be intended).

So I guess pvp, even with those changes, will still be the most efficient way to level dps. I hope that this will push people to play a bit better, but I don't have much faith in leekers. The moment someone decides his time is best spent playing afk and moving every 2min, I'd think that he doesn't care about optimal xp either. Guess we'll see. At least pvp is a blast with the gameplay changes, so that's that. They just need to nerf distance dps a bit though. Playing against a full distance alliance with healers as melee is not fun :D

As for tomes, I'm sad they, although not surprised, they decided to stick with it. I really wish they'd change their stance on that. At least make a role weekly cap, rather than a character weekly cap. That way I could cap my tank, then play dps/healer and still gear them up. It still baffles me how a game with such a focus on multi-job gameplay is unfriendly towards gearing up alts.

My best guess here is just a complete lack of ability to gauge participation in a better way.

Ideally, they'd buff the EXP for winning with a small loss for last place. Realistically, they probably just gutted it.

Was AFK'ing that prominent? I never really came across it in all the games I played, though obviously that's anecdotal.

Alex

As for tomes, I'm sad they, although not surprised, they decided to stick with it. I really wish they'd change their stance on that. At least make a role weekly cap, rather than a character weekly cap. That way I could cap my tank, then play dps/healer and still gear them up. It still baffles me how a game with such a focus on multi-job gameplay is unfriendly towards gearing up alts.

Yeah, I've been saying this since ARR. I don't have a lot of big complaints but this is def one of them. Role would make a lot more sense.

Felessan

And devs don't want you or anyone else to get everything possible in 2 weeks and unsubscribe for 6 months.
Also this is bad for progression raiding (Savage) that is structured to gradually decrease difficulty over time as people obtain gear from flatten gear curves in the game. Otherwise it will be hard to balance raid to be both interesting(challenging) and "accessible" (still reasonably doable with their skill within sane timeframe) for many people.

Yam's

Bummed about the PVP change. Winning or losing seemed like a roll of the dice, so having the exp take a hit gives you no reason to gamble.

I've done over 60 games last week and my winrate was over 70% as a freelancer. Just try to lead a bit (most players don't seem to play with the map opened or by looking at points) and this will help quite a bit. Obviously you will still get games where you get 20 people doing random shit all over the map or attacking small crystals up north as a full raid when an A spawns south, but just accept that you cannot win them all.

duckroll

Only if you join Adders.

Fuck Adders.

I've been an Adder since day 1. I've actually had some good Frontlines matches as an Adder, but yesterday was one of the WORST I've seen on Shatter. Totally disorganized team, rushed all over the place, missed the big crystals, in the end if was like 1600 Maelstrom, 1300 Immortal Flames, and I'm not even sure if we cracked 1000. :/

iammeiam

Seriously.

It's pretty hilarious how not long after I switched GCs from Adders to Maelstrom, they started to dominate Frontlines. With my luck, if I were to rejoin, they'd go back to being Badders.

The worst thing about queueing in a group with other people is having to go in and check off Frontlines Freelancer knowing it's going to cost me my access to the easy Adder victory. Other people suck.

scy

Was AFK'ing that prominent? I never really came across it in all the games I played, though obviously that's anecdotal.

I only did two jobs to 61 via PvP and it wasn't a lot of AFKs so much as people who just basically faceplanted into enemies a lot and ignored objectives. So basically like normal Frontlines, I guess?

But that was also really early on and probably before the like 60-80+ PvP matches burn out kicked in.

The worst thing about queueing in a group with other people is having to go in and check off Frontlines Freelancer knowing it's going to cost me my access to the easy Adder victory. Other people suck.

my GC outfit has a better hat okay

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wish the FFXIV dev team wasn't as conservative as their government.

Does the ninja mudra crit ability work on the 3 mudra nuke?

So that the double potency fuma shuriken is a crit as well?

Wasting a mudra reset is never ideal. But it would be interesting to be able to sneak something extra like that while under certain buff windows.

I played over 100 matches of Frontlines this week because I hate myself, and I'm cautiously optimistic about the EXP changes. After all, if it ends up not being worth it maybe I finally stop!

iammeiam

I played over 100 matches of Frontlines this week because I hate myself, and I'm cautiously optimistic about the EXP changes. After all, if it ends up not being worth it maybe I finally stop!

you're just going to end up in infinite PotD

is that really better?

really really?

RK9039

I really enjoyed leveling my Warrior in PvP, I barely touched any side quests in Stormblood.

Holmgang is epic in PvP, I feel like Scorpion every time, and Tomahawk slows players down.

Danj

How does that Frontline thing work anyway? I tried it once, but whenever I got to anywhere where there was fighting, a whole group of people would just gang up on me and instakill me. Is it intended for level 50/60/70 or something?

Heartfyre

You know that you're an odd type of FFXIV player when you're more excited for yellow scrips rather than Omega.

I've been pining for them for a week!

studyguy

How does that Frontline thing work anyway? I tried it once, but whenever I got to anywhere where there was fighting, a whole group of people would just gang up on me and instakill me. Is it intended for level 50/60/70 or something?

Play PLD, walk into a group of people. Bop someone.
Burn them alive with holy. Walk away.

It's a lot more fun in a group since you can coordinate attacks.

iammeiam

C'moooon patch, i need data mining to know how sad I need to be about how much normal raid I'm going to be running in the near future.

That's basically how it works, it's not a level thing. Stick with your group, don't venture into enemy territory alone, know your PVP skills to GTFO quickly when things go south.

Groups are pretty good about picking off stragglers because it's so easy to do.

Edit:
81e90fce6f6036ad9a55e1823aed659a1851ee56_1.png

That got added to the cash shop.

It's pretty neat looking.

But also wut. if these are last year's event items i feel like i should have seen more, but I think I also missed the event last year so.

RK9039

Just rush every single Crystal that spawns.

Danj

Play PLD, walk into a group of people. Bop someone.
Burn them alive with holy. Walk away.

It's a lot more fun in a group since you can coordinate attacks.

That's basically how it works, it's not a level thing. Stick with your group, don't venture into enemy territory alone, know your PVP skills to GTFO quickly when things go south.

Groups are pretty good about picking off stragglers because it's so easy to do.

OK so it needs a group and it needs fighting-y kind of classes, got it. Won't bother with that for the moment then as I'm WHM.

iammeiam

OK so it needs a group and it needs fighting-y kind of classes, got it. Won't bother with that for the moment then as I'm WHM.

As a WHM your group should have your back, basically? Stick in the pack, heal your teammates. I haven't looked at WHM PVP skills post-4.0 so I have no idea if they still have the bubble that boosts everyone's mdefense but dropping one of those and then regenning myself and popping attunement and laughing at people's ineffective attempts to LB me to death was a pretty good time.

Top Bottom