• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Meguro

Banned
Troubadour change for Bard is nice though I still wish they would make it so that the crit buffs from the songs work for the Bard themselves as well.
(It'd also make Battle Voice work on us which would be swell.)

duckroll

Only if you're not on Flames. Flames are a lost cause no matter what.

There was once I saw Flames lead. We thought we were going to lose it. We fought hard but it looked like a lost cause. Then at 1400 or something, they choked hard, we got a big crystal, and then we proceeded to slaughter all the players around the crystal after it was done. Adders won again.

Luminaire

Seriously.

It's pretty hilarious how not long after I switched GCs from Adders to Maelstrom, they started to dominate Frontlines. With my luck, if I were to rejoin, they'd go back to being Badders.

I was Adders at the start (mained DRG for a while!) but then saw how atrocious their Hunts gear was. Swapped to Mael like everyone else and their mom for that omnom coat. Haven't swapped back yet.

I've been an Adder since day 1. I've actually had some good Frontlines matches as an Adder, but yesterday was one of the WORST I've seen on Shatter. Totally disorganized team, rushed all over the place, missed the big crystals, in the end if was like 1600 Maelstrom, 1300 Immortal Flames, and I'm not even sure if we cracked 1000. :/
Ha, cute.

Mael gets devastated sometimes. We have a match where we never even cracked 500 while the other two were fighting it out at 1400 or so. Numbers may be a little closer but it was an embarrassing shutout. Adders just seem to have their shit together more often than Mael, so s'why I given 'em middle fingers out of envy and spite.

Gimme that magitech

c7000a2c3090615aa23cbf5529691b3fadfb35e5_6.png

Alex

Was AFK'ing that prominent? I never really came across it in all the games I played, though obviously that's anecdotal.

I can only speak for my own experiences but I only noticed one prominent AFKer, whom was quickly told off and vote kicked by another member of the party. I can see how it could be a thing with how oblivious some groups are, though.

The system probably needed some kind of participation monitor, IMO. Rather than just AFK pruning, measure role activity and have it suspend players from queueing if they do next to nothing across several games.

I sometimes see that hit with a rebuttal that people wouldn't be able to guard the home point with that in place but I don't feel like that kind of defense has any significant merit anyway. Just seems like an excuse to idle.

Zomba13

I was kicked once for AFK in Frontlines but that wasn't on purpose, I went into the instance, went to get a drink and completely forgot I was in frontlines so I was just browsing GAF and wondering why it was taking so long for my queue to pop then I saw the message in chat about me being kicked for AFK.

hit 95percentile on bard in sus; only 3450~ dps. Close to my goal of 3500 but ehhh. I know I can do better

I got ixion mount so that was a win for me today.

KuroNeeko

References are easy!
Localization is effortless!
I bet nobody will notice we used the same joke three times!

lol

Oh, man. Yeah, it's hard to keep track of all the cultural references / gags after a certain point, especially when you have a localization team numbering in the double digits.

It looks like they're also things that show up at completely different times in the game: one in the beginning, one at the end of ARR, and one in SB.

Sure, it looks bad, and yes, they should not get a free pass for it, but man, it IS hard being cognizant of everything you've done over the span of x years.

This could be avoided (probably) if they had stuck with the original text, but then you'd probably get something like "XXX Master I".

I can forgive this kind of oversight as opposed to the Mid rewrite and the Moenbryda minion flavor.

Alex

Know what's worse than that? 23/24 are DPS.

And there's only one healer for the entire alliance.

Last queue I was in our group had five healers and the other two groups had none.

I was on Astro so I swapped to Dark Knight for the duration (you get XP on whatever the match finishes on, so you can play whatever and just swap at the end) but no one else did so we were... a very healthy group!

Luminaire

Last queue I was in our group had five healers and the other two groups had none.

I was on Astro so I swapped to Dark Knight for the duration (you get XP on whatever the match finishes on, so you can play whatever and just swap at the end) but no one else did so we were... a very healthy group!

I forgot you can switch! That's how long I was away from FL. Once they nerfed my unstoppable healer train of death I kinda piddled out of it.

Orgun

So why are they being targetted by a DDoS attack?

Was going to automate some crafting while I work from home but can't log in.

scy

Well, they're down right now because patching in the normal mode raid tier (and some other things).

Luminaire

As others explained that it's not down currently, many MMOs are the target of DDoS attacks. Sometimes it's a hardcore fan of a rival game, othertimes it's someone who is upset at being banned for something. They consider it there way of getting back at the company and costing them money, somehow. Of course it may just be a sociopath who really only gets off anymore people complaining on forums about not being able to connect to their games. I imagine all of these may apply in this scenario equally.

This is stuff I just hate. I understand the reason for capping loot and currency, I just hate it. I want to be able to grind out my stuff if I want to. I'd much rather be able to do that than just logging in every day for 20 mins to run a dungeon then logging out and doing the same every day to cap the tomes and then play a little extra one day to do the raid stuff and get tokens.

But the dev team wants us to put alts in crafted or raid normal mode gear like always. But what if we don't want to? Nope, no other solutions but waiting 7 weeks for the weapon and months to gear up. It's real silly and very very lazy to copy paste everything as it was. I expected an endgame that changed, an endgame that would be somehow more exciting with different ways to gear up but nope, we can't have that in FFXIV. I am subbed because I love this game but I think at this point it may even be a few days before I'm playing something else. It depends how long I decide to level classes to 70, etc.

The whole
Warriors of Darkness
thing made me want to go back and give Marauder some more play.
Switched over to it only to remember and see it at a lowly Lv6...
Nope, nevermind.

k1t4j

I'm somewhat drunk and just bought Stormbrood on steam. How do I activate it on my account?

Dunk? somehwhat? are you prone to get a hight blood alchohol level while gaming?

Play these classes:

Paladin
Warrior
Dark Knight

Rumour has it drunk tanks are best tanks... :D

Edzi

Dunk? somehwhat? are you prone to get a hight blood alchohol level while gaming?

Play these classes:

Paladin
Warrior
Dark Knight

Rumour has it drunk tanks are best tanks... :D

No lie, I HATE it when I get into a dungeon and the first thing in chat is "sorry, super drunk right now". Happens way more often than I thought possible and it's the worst.

Luminaire

No lie, I HATE it when I get into a dungeon and the first thing in chat is "sorry, super drunk right now". Happens way more often than I thought possible and it's the worst.

Even better is when you die and someones like "lol sorry high as fuck keep going"

I once did a T9 with a drunk tank. Fun times.
No, it was the worst, waste of time.

Wait, is the patch supposed to be 9 gigs?

That seems...large, for whats in the patch notes.

Is this something to do with dropping PS3? lol

Top Bottom