• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Luigi87

Gimme that magitech

c7000a2c3090615aa23cbf5529691b3fadfb35e5_6.png

Yessssss
Best Magitek Armor.

styl3s

Is anyone here a White Mage? I rolled a White Mage with the new expansion (first time ever playing a healer) and so far even up to extreme i have done what i think is a pretty damn good job at healing but i noticed in a few dungeons people have remarked i should also be doing DPS and i don't know if they are referring to my dot or my rock ability because in some dungeons i struggle enough with mana just trying to keep some people alive and i am using cure 1 first off to help save mana.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or maybe a proper rotation maybe i am doing something wrong but. I have often thought about just switching to a Red Mage since i am used to more warlock/mage type DPS or even a Samurai.

Robin64

Someone in the datamine thread says "If you are a FFV fan you are going to shit yourself over this music". Can't wait!

"It's remastered music from FFV. The Decisive Battle, Fierce Battle, The Prelude to Empty Skies and another one that seems like a spoiler."

duckroll

Is anyone here a White Mage? I rolled a White Mage with the new expansion (first time ever playing a healer) and so far even up to extreme i have done what i think is a pretty damn good job at healing but i noticed in a few dungeons people have remarked i should also be doing DPS and i don't know if they are referring to my dot or my rock ability because in some dungeons i struggle enough with mana just trying to keep some people alive and i am using cure 1 first off to help save mana.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or maybe a proper rotation maybe i am doing something wrong but. I have often thought about just switching to a Red Mage since i am used to more warlock/mage type DPS or even a Samurai.

Next time someone complains that you should be doing DPS, do DPS instead of healing that person in particular.

Luigi87

Man I'm thoroughly enjoying Stormblood (only at lv.63 quests currently), but the big FFV fan in me is gonna be a tad jealous of everyone running Omega!

Someone in the datamine thread says "If you are a FFV fan you are going to shit yourself over this music". Can't wait!

"It's remastered music from FFV. The Decisive Battle, Fierce Battle, The Prelude to Empty Skies and another one that seems like a spoiler."

I think one of those names is plenty spoiler enough :p not sure what the other could be. Crazy hyped now though.

Sandfox

I'm guessing
the last is Clash on the Big Bridge.

Robin64

FTFY

RIP free hunts and 3x the ixions.

Yeah, those are nice perks, but it's annoying being on a quiet server and heading in to a zone to see (12), (10), (13).

But as I've said before, it should scale, so it should be off for quiet servers and on for large ones.

Whogie

Anxious to see the PVP changes. Not enough people on atm to get in.

Edit: In, 24 people. Was ~760K EXP pre-patch. We'll see.
3rd place, flat 540K EXP

Doombear

V1.0 complete! What a fight. Was so close a few times. On to 2.0 but we nailed it on first try. Let's see how long that luck lasts =P

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Luckily no problems with the solo instance even without cutscene skipping, despite a huge crowd around the npc. In queue for 1.0, luckily it's only 5 min (DPS).

Baleoce

njy4ZxJ.png

pou_7153.png

I kid xD It was pretty ridiculous EXP for the time investment required. And it was likely pulling people away from exploring the expansion properly. This'll probably help stop AFKers and the likes too. So it's a good thing.

Orcastar

I don't know about anyone else, but if everyone's health is fine and the tank has regen up, I'll always use Aero III, Assize and Holy spam on groups and Aero III, Aero II and Stone spam on single targets and bosses. Always prioritise healing of course, and use Lucid Dreaming if your mana is getting low. Just play it by ear, mostly.

I don't remember how much exactly I was getting before maintenance, but first place in a 12 minute Shatter gave around the same amount of EXP as I was before. I'm not sure what the drop off is for second and third though and the queue times are a little long atm for me to want to find out. I'm assuming that it's still going to be worth it for the AFKers unless the drop off is massive.

Baleoce

If anyone's in the UK and with O2 for their mobile phone, click here.

You'll get three ingame items:

Housemaid Attire
Butler Attire
Original Fat Chocobo Mount

when you sign up and create a game account. Hurry and get yours now as the codes will go quickly and there is limited availability.

Weird, the wording makes it sound like it's for new accounts. I'm assuming that's not actually the case. Also, I wonder why it's limited? They're digital items xD You'd think they could just ask for more codes if the demand was there.

Top Bottom