• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Robin64

So does each x.0 drop a specific type of loot, or could I get, say, 4 x Deltascape Shafts in one week, one from each x.0?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is it even possible to hit enrage in 2.0? I think everyone died AT LEAST 2-3 times and we still cleared it.

Cmagus

All finished, not too bad overall. The last fight was pretty decent, easy once you get the patterns down, 3/4 drops so far just need to get the shaft.

Samus4145

Are the raids doable in DF? I'm still working through 2.0, but wondering if raids can be done for a newbie like me or will I be shunned?

iammeiam

So our first pull on 3.0 went to enrage

I got to healer lb3 twice

it was pretty amazing

(also you can two man soak the stack thingy with a tank if you shield yourself enough. WHY DO I KNOW THIS.)

Dunk? somehwhat? are you prone to get a hight blood alchohol level while gaming?

Play these classes:

Paladin
Warrior
Dark Knight

Rumour has it drunk tanks are best tanks... :D
Luckily my drinking habits are unpredictability at their best and that's why I'm dps :p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
We would've totally cleared 4.0 with my first party, but 2 people had to go, so we disbanded. Right when everyone understood all the attacks...

Finished this round of Omega.

On 3.0 I had to use healer LB3 three times. Right after last time we hit enrage and got wiped right after.

Needless to say we lost. Thankfully the main tank was paying attention and figured out the vast majority of the things we had to do at different times and we easily beat it the second time around.

2.0 is the hardass one because we beat that and I'm not sure I fully understood everything we had to do.

Qvoth

omega raid gear really is the samurai warlord set
man this shit looks pretty bad
wtzgU.gif

MikeBison

Are the raids doable in DF? I'm still working through 2.0, but wondering if raids can be done for a newbie like me or will I be shunned?

I'm fairly certain you can't use DF for raid, need to go in with a full party using Party finder.

Could be wrong though.

Hyped to get home and give this a go. Well, get up to the i295 requirement first. Beat the final boss last night and sit at around 290. So a few roulette runs for verity should sort me out.

MikeBison

You only need a full party for Savage and even then there's the Raid Finder.

Oh shit. Then I'm totally wrong. Good to hear as my FC is minuscule in size so it's hard getting a full party together.

My friend must have been thinking back to Alexander savage when they told me.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
1.0~4.0 finished with DF groups. 4.0 was really easy with the second group, but people still
ran away from thunder, even when the boss wasn't doing the powered up version of the attack

I'm still not sure how to dodge some of 2.0, but aside from that I think I'm good.

Is SAM the new loldrg? I've seen so many SAM who acted as if they were unable to learn how to dodge attacks, multiple times in a row.

1.0~4.0 finished with DF groups. 4.0 was really easy with the second group, but people still
ran away from thunder, even when the boss wasn't doing the powered up version of the attack

I'm still not sure how to dodge some of 2.0, but aside from that I think I'm good.

Is SAM the new loldrg? I've seen so many SAM which acted as if they are unable to learn how to dodge attacks, multiple times in a row.
No SAMs are the new "i need to get muh max DEEPS jst heal through the damge lol" It isn't that they are bad at dodging like DRGs they simply refuse to dodge.

Rua

Cleared all 4 on my first try.. then I go back to get my loot and it takes like 3 wipes each. ಠ_ಠ

There was a tank with slaying accessories that refused to swap to fending ones. He kept dying a lot, poor healers.

Wagram

"For instance, dragoon can greatly increase party members' damage, but deals less solo damage than samurai."

Not really. You took most of that damage increase away.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, with the same system from Alexander...

No one will have the Omega body or pants before Savage hits.

What's the point of having gear that's obsolete before anyone can even get hold of it?

What's the point of having gear that's obsolete before anyone can even get hold of it?
You can get pants in two weeks though and if you go for the lore chest or pants you can get an upgrade on the other one alongside it.

Sorian

Banned

So I expect you'll be showing off your savage chest piece for us within 4 weeks then?

R0ckman

Seems like the Patch notes are up.

I saw that PvP exp "adjustment" coming from a mile away. Seems like you'll get different exp depending on match duration and win or loss.

Quick lazy solution will just make people more toxic who are there just for the experience, should just figure out a way to punish AFKers. Even someone gaurding a post should move a bit. Thankfully I have no use for it anymore.

R0ckman

Because it is now magical instead of physical and doesn't benefit from the slashing debuff/etc. Before it was like 720 potency or something (read this on reddit) because of that.

Now being magical, it does less dmg than it was when it was physical

I thought allowing the traits to effect Ninjustu was intentional? Thats what Mr. Happy said when he was testing them out at the event. Were people complaining?

MechaX

Quick lazy solution will just make people more toxic who are there just for the experience, should just figure out a way to punish AFKers. Even someone gaurding a post should move a bit. Thankfully I have no use for it anymore.

I agree, but I still understand that they are between a rock and a hard place with this one. On one end, having victory be the deciding factor between decent exp in a 1v1v1 where only first matters is pretty rough. And in Shatter especially, some of the spawn points of crystals can at times be heavily, heavily beneficial to a team more than the others. Moreover, there are some situations where guarding does make a lot of sense (especially when an enemy team wants to just push through the middle for no real reason in Shatter, and it's almost essential in Seize). But yeah, they could find a way to punish AFKers for more than 2 mins or so.

Moaradin

Pretty fun raid. Definitely the best first part out of the 8 man dungeons. They have a good excuse to have the bosses and arenas be pretty varied lol. No more goblins 24/7

Didn't get any of the gear but did get the minion.

Reknoc

Is anyone here a White Mage? I rolled a White Mage with the new expansion (first time ever playing a healer) and so far even up to extreme i have done what i think is a pretty damn good job at healing but i noticed in a few dungeons people have remarked i should also be doing DPS and i don't know if they are referring to my dot or my rock ability because in some dungeons i struggle enough with mana just trying to keep some people alive and i am using cure 1 first off to help save mana.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or maybe a proper rotation maybe i am doing something wrong but. I have often thought about just switching to a Red Mage since i am used to more warlock/mage type DPS or even a Samurai.

Firstly tell them they don't pay your sub

Secondly actually, you should probably be doing some DPS. you shouldn't really be running out of mana unless your party sucks and are taking way too much damage. Hard to really say how to do it without knowing your level but mostly it's just get your dots up, pop some cooldowns and then SPAM THE SHIT OUT OF HOLY UNTIL YOUR PARTY WISHES YOU STOP DPSING "whrmmmmPSHHHwrmmmmPSHHH"

ebil

Pretty fun raid. Definitely the best first part out of the 8 man dungeons. They have a good excuse to have the bosses and arenas be pretty varied lol. No more goblins 24/7

Didn't get any of the gear but did get the minion.
I haven't done this yet because waiting on people, but the positive reception is encouraging. Anything but Gordias please. D:

Top Bottom