• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Aeana

Everybody enjoy the first several hours where you get to learn the fights as you go, before everybody insists you know the fight and have beaten it 4x minimum.

ebil

I don't know, I've personally never enjoyed any of Gordias aside from Living Liquid, even going in blind the first time. The environments being claustrophobic didn't help at all.

Danj

What do culinarians do with all the food products they produce? Is there much of a market for them, or is it just a case of vendoring them or giving them away to friends/FC members?

Moaradin

What do culinarians do with all the food products they produce? Is there much of a market for them, or is it just a case of vendoring them or giving them away to friends/FC members?

Food is in demand for raiders and endgame crafting/gathering.

Culinarian is also usually pretty good for scrip turn ins, which you can use for your other crafting classes.

ebil

There's a very profitable market for the best raiding and crafting food items. They're rarely big ticket items but they're great for steady income.

Vhalyar

Is anyone here a White Mage? I rolled a White Mage with the new expansion (first time ever playing a healer) and so far even up to extreme i have done what i think is a pretty damn good job at healing but i noticed in a few dungeons people have remarked i should also be doing DPS and i don't know if they are referring to my dot or my rock ability because in some dungeons i struggle enough with mana just trying to keep some people alive and i am using cure 1 first off to help save mana.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or maybe a proper rotation maybe i am doing something wrong but. I have often thought about just switching to a Red Mage since i am used to more warlock/mage type DPS or even a Samurai.

I'm wondering what is going on that you'd run out of mana frequently enough as a white mage, just from healing. With Stormblood WHM basically get to drink the mana kool-aid.

1. Do you have Lucid Dreaming from the Role section? if you know you are going into a mana heavy fight, pop it ASAP and keep popping it.
2. Are you using Assize whenever you can? It's 10% mana every time, always have it going.
3. Are you using Thin Air? If things go south and you are looking at Medica 2/Cure3/spamming heals, pop Thin Air.

As for the DPS thing, well, unlike Astrologian or Scholar the White Mage doesn't bring any kind of party buffs. Instead White Mages shits out damage, so more than any other healer you want to contribute to the DPS.

Cleric Stance -> Thin Air -> Presence of Mind -> Holy Holy Holy Holy -> Swiftcast -> Holy.

Also, back to the mana thing. You should not be having any issues with that - in fact, you should have so much mana that you can almost entirely ignore Cure 1 in favor of Cure 2. That should save you a few casts throughout fights that you can instead spend on DPS. Remember: you don't need to keep everyone at 100% health. Don't waste time and mana topping up everyone unless the encounter specifically requires it (it almost never does).

So.

Omega down.

I got one accessory, loot from all four, and I won the
Exdeath minion

The only fights I really understood were the third and fourth ones. I was totally winging everything else the entire time. :p

Pretty fun, but as much of an FFV nerd I am, I feel like I might have liked Alexander more. It might be because I adore the normal boss Alexander theme.

Anyway, super fun.

kiyomi

Is nobody else getting constant disconnects? I've been 90k'd every ~5 minutes today but I don't see anyone else complaining about it.

Danj

Food is in demand for raiders and endgame crafting/gathering.

Culinarian is also usually pretty good for scrip turn ins, which you can use for your other crafting classes.

There's a very profitable market for the best raiding and crafting food items. They're rarely big ticket items but they're great for steady income.

right but I mean all the lower level stuff, the stuff I'm churning out just to get to the next level... like for example at the moment I'm making Knight's Bread, it's not anything super duper, would people buy it or should I just vendor it? I have lots of miscellaneous stuff of this nature cluttering up my/my retainers' inventory.

ebil

right but I mean all the lower level stuff, the stuff I'm churning out just to get to the next level... like for example at the moment I'm making Knight's Bread, it's not anything super duper, would people buy it or should I just vendor it? I have lots of miscellaneous stuff of this nature cluttering up my/my retainers' inventory.
Unless it's used in levequests or for your Grand Company daily turn-ins, you can vendor it, yes.

Doombear

Yeah, it wass pretty awesome. We wiped once because we had no idea wtf was going on but so good. The mid section was fun.

I feel like we're in the same party :p

Maybe we were =P

I am going back in on v2. Only drop I have left. I am at a total loss in that fight. I think I understood some of it, but ... man it was messy. Here goes round 2 for v2!

The guys and gals who have beat the Raid, do you have a regular hardcore Raid group or did you do it with randos? Finally caught up on the content and finished Stormblood and I'd like to know how I can get into raiding.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
The guys and gals who have beat the Raid, do you have a regular hardcore Raid group or did you do it with randos? Finally caught up on the content and finished Stormblood and I'd like to know how I can get into raiding.
This is the "story mode" version of the Omega raid, and it's tuned so that the average player can easily clear it in DF/PF for entry-level raid gear and to see the story.

In two weeks, the hard (probably called savage) version of the same raid will appear, and will be much harder than the version released today. That's the version that you typically want to run as a dedicated group, or at least in a group of people you know and trust. It will drop better gear than the story version.

To find a group, people sometimes advertise for static groups either on PF or on forums like here or Reddit. Sometimes FCs form raid groups from people who are interested.

Everybody enjoy the first several hours where you get to learn the fights as you go, before everybody insists you know the fight and have beaten it 4x minimum.
I remember coming home from work one day to check out a new patch, and immediately getting that shit from people. :(

Bowlie

Banned

I must have died over 10 times in V3 and it was very fun. The tank who had done the fight before was kind by not telling us what to do at first.

Is anyone here a White Mage? I rolled a White Mage with the new expansion (first time ever playing a healer) and so far even up to extreme i have done what i think is a pretty damn good job at healing but i noticed in a few dungeons people have remarked i should also be doing DPS and i don't know if they are referring to my dot or my rock ability because in some dungeons i struggle enough with mana just trying to keep some people alive and i am using cure 1 first off to help save mana.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or maybe a proper rotation maybe i am doing something wrong but. I have often thought about just switching to a Red Mage since i am used to more warlock/mage type DPS or even a Samurai.

I'm wondering what is going on that you'd run out of mana frequently enough as a white mage, just from healing. With Stormblood WHM basically get to drink the mana kool-aid.

1. Do you have Lucid Dreaming from the Role section? if you know you are going into a mana heavy fight, pop it ASAP and keep popping it.
2. Are you using Assize whenever you can? It's 10% mana every time, always have it going.
3. Are you using Thin Air? If things go south and you are looking at Medica 2/Cure3/spamming heals, pop Thin Air.

As for the DPS thing, well, unlike Astrologian or Scholar the White Mage doesn't bring any kind of party buffs. Instead White Mages shits out damage, so more than any other healer you want to contribute to the DPS.

Cleric Stance -> Thin Air -> Presence of Mind -> Holy Holy Holy Holy -> Swiftcast -> Holy.

Also, back to the mana thing. You should not be having any issues with that - in fact, you should have so much mana that you can almost entirely ignore Cure 1 in favor of Cure 2. That should save you a few casts throughout fights that you can instead spend on DPS. Remember: you don't need to keep everyone at 100% health. Don't waste time and mana topping up everyone unless the encounter specifically requires it (it almost never does).

To add to this, cure 2 automatically adds 1 lily to your stack (assuming you're already well above 60 for this), which can be used to cast Divine Benison to your tank, which will absorb 15% of the damage they take, lightening the load a bit on your tank and not forcing you to heal them constantly. Also tetragrammaton is your best friend. It's a very strong healing spell which is free MP, no cast time, and it's CD will regen way faster if you cast it while you have lilies stacked.

Also, make sure you're using skills like largesse to boost your healing potency while always keeping regen on your tank (unless you're close to the end of a fight) while also using asylum on the tank/melee dps to keep them healed. One of my favorite healing combos is largesse -> regen -> asylum, then another regen when largesse is about to expire, because basically the tank will never die and unless they're doing huge pulls, will always heal more than the mob and sometimes even the boss is doing which will let you conserve a massive amount of mana and let you go in with the dps.

Also, before you go in with the TA -> PoM Holy spam, putting an Aero 3 dot on the mob will go a long way. In general with single enemies/bosses though you basically want to stack aero 2/3 on them at all times and go in with stone 4. That's really it.

Edit: In general tho, you don't need to worry about optimizing your DPS as much as other people. Healers should DPS because that's how the meta of this game just works out, but no one's gonna give you shit if you're letting your dots fall or whatever as a healer, in general the jobs that have literally no other responsibility besides doing damage should be the optimal ones.

I started a PF group, called it "blind, everyone welcome". We did everyone on the first try except the last one, where we wiped twice, before we got it.

I don't think this normal is at all reflective of authentic raiding experience.

Wagram

I miss the days when it felt like I actually earned the raid story. That feeling is totally lost with the story mode version. I understand it's needed, but I wish there was another method.

wamberz1

All deltascapes down! Thank god for tank queues, was able to beat them before work!

It was really fun, although the fact that I haven't played FFV (or any of them except xiv for that matter) may have hampered my experience. I still knew who
exdeath
was and got hyped for them though.
Thoughts on each battle -

O1 - What the fuck is happening

O2 - Ok this was really cool. Thought the boss design was lame but yeah yeah it's probably based on one from FFV or whatever. The levitation mechanic was dope and I'm extremely excited to see what they do for savage. MULTI LEVEL AOE DODGING

O3 - Probably the best fight, WE POKEMON NOW BOYS. Figuring out when to get hit and not get hit by ribbit was fun. Sand minigame was fun.

O4 - What the fuck is happening, why does he have moves named the same that do different things, how the hell do I dodge that one blizzard attack, oh god he did that vacuum attack and now everyone is dead

wamberz1

How long does this part of the Omega Raid take to run through the first time?
Paying attention to the story with a few wipes, I did it in about 2 hours and 30 minutes.

But I was tanking, so It would be about.... adding 20 minute queues in if you're playing DPS... 3 hours and 50 minutes

Seijuro

Well the quick leveling dream in pvp is dead for now it seems (unless you are on the winning team). Was only a question of when the nerf hammer would drop though...

Sad nonetheless, I wanted to grind out a few levels for my RDM/SAM. have to settle for the old mix of PotD and PvP then.

BlackJace

Honestly this is what pisses me off the most about the community. The PF is littered with elitist-sounding descriptions for help. Like, why would I look up a video for a BRAND NEW fight?

Like this is my first MMO, so this might be a common thing, but I've never seen people expect perfection from other players on such a short basis.

Demoskinos

Just finished Omega.
I really enjoy the concept that they have which really freely lets them pull from anywhere in FF fiction and for things to still make story sense.

GIVE US AN Ultimecia FIGHT!!

That being said I enjoyed the FFV flavor this time around.

Bowlie

Banned
I laughed so much at this

u7id0hvlbl7z.png

Moaradin

Honestly this is what pisses me off the most about the community. The PF is littered with elitist-sounding descriptions for help. Like, why would I look up a video for a BRAND NEW fight?

Like this is my first MMO, so this might be a common thing, but I've never seen people expect perfection from other players on such a short basis.

It's stupid, and the groups that have "Ilvl 310 Susano EX clear party die and get kicked" a week after the expansion is out hardly ever go that well to begin with. I've had more success joining learning groups than these big dick dps clear parties.

Top Bottom