• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

That was a really fun set of encounters and it was nice to see some FF5 love. Looking forward to running those a few more times over the coming weeks and obtaining that minion.
Paying attention to the story with a few wipes, I did it in about 2 hours and 30 minutes.

But I was tanking, so It would be about.... adding 20 minute queues in if you're playing DPS... 3 hours and 50 minutes

Yeah, taking my DPS queues into account it took me about 3 and a half hours I think.

wamberz1

Bloodspiller Potency has been increased from 380 to 400.
Dark arts potency has been increased from 520 to 540.
kid-birthday-hat-gif.gif

ITS ACTUALLY WORTH IT TO USE TBN OUT OF GRIT NOW
No enmity buff for Abyssal Drain or Quietus
FUCK

duckroll

OM(e)G(a) that was SO FUCKING GOOD. Going in blind with a bunch of blind players from GAF FC. Did all 4 raids. OSHGFOHFoahfoiafhoahf FFV joygasm. Excellent mechanics. Really fun unique stuff. Woooooooow. T_T

4.x starting with a bang.

Wilsongt

StevenColbertcalledit.gif

So looks like they ended up changing the name of Haukke Manor HM boss to rectify theri problem with Omega lol

Alrus

So the new mount drops in the lvl 70 Story Dungeon
Ala Mhigo
. I almost got it during an exdr but of course somebody rolled 1 higher than me.

Also the Omega raid is great in normal, lots of things to do and great fanservice.

Wagram

Omega has been much better than Alexander so far in both story and fights in my opinion. V2 is going to be fun as hell in Savage.

Qvoth

done with deltascape, just need pedal from floor 2 and i'm done for the week
good glimpse of what's coming for savage
and i'm already enjoying the story more than alex and the dumb goblins so that's a plus
wtzgU.gif

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Well, the boss in part 4 of Omega was a pleasant surprise. Should tanks be swapping at any point. I noticed we were getting vulnerability stacks, but there were multiple kinds at once, then we'd eventually get hit really hard by something (didn't catch what). I'm wondering if the swap would be worth it of it that's being overly cautious. Also, is there a way to avoid the blizzard that freezes players in place for a few seconds?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
good thing i glamour all my headpieces to Oval Reading Glasses

Someday I hope they had another equipment slot for glasses.

Make it purely cosmetic, no stat bonuses, but I would love to wear some of the game's headpieces and glasses. But glasses take priority.

Ataxia

I feel like I just did four random primal fights. Not something that's part of a raid

I suppose there's not much difference between the two. And they gave us story reasons as to why things are as they are

Just not feeling it. Apparently there are lots of old FF references so maybe that's just something I'm missing out on IDK

Ataxia

Also the gear is ugly as hell, wow

Maybe I expected too much coming from the final floors of Alex to the first tiers of Omega hmmmm

wamberz1

So do ya'll think
we will be getting different bosses from different FF games for the next 2 raid tiers? I'm pretty sure they've exhausted pretty much everything from V so which game would you like to see next?

demonkaze

So my PLD is 70 now and was wondering on some things. What is the general best role abilities to take, especially for the ex primals/raids?

Also, when should I be using passage of arms?

Alrus

I just can't get over how ugly the alex gear looks, hopefully the tome gear we're getting in 2 weeks is less gross.

chogidogs

Just wrapped up Dragon Ba.. I mean 3.5. This team is really good at ending campaigns!

Onwards to Stormblood. Hope I don't miss the Omega party entirely.

R0ckman

As painful as this is I'm going to have to pass on all gathering except fishing for now, the people at the unspoiled nodes are screwing things up and causing me to make mistakes, there had to be a better way to do this surely.

DarkKyo

Anyone else extremely disappointed/underwhelmed by the look of the raid gear?

Would have been great to have some omega-alien themed gear or even FFV-looking armor, but instead we get more asian-inspired gear that looks like it could be 60-70 leveling armor. The raid itself is stationed on the Gyr Albania side, so why is the gear Doma-themed? Meh, makes no sense no matter how you look at it. Hope the next level of raid gear looks cooler or more appropriately themed.

duckroll

Omega raid spoilers!

So do ya'll think
we will be getting different bosses from different FF games for the next 2 raid tiers? I'm pretty sure they've exhausted pretty much everything from V so which game would you like to see next?

I see two possibilities. Either they do a different game every tier, or they go all in on FFV. There's still room for a few interesting FFV bosses which are unused (the 3 colored demons, Gogo, Azulmagia, a new Gilgamesh), and the final tier ending with Neo Shinryu, Omega Mk2, and Neo Exdeath seems like it could fit.

If they are doing different games though, FFVIII and FFX would be good fits I think. Both are underrepresented in FFXIV so far.

Wilsongt

So do ya'll think

They'll go all in on bosses from
FFV. They still have IR bosses as well as lithograph bosses

Meguro

Banned
Omega spoilers!!
I'm already good on reference fights, thanks.
Especially because a second tier of reference fights would just mean another remix as a boss theme :(

duckroll

Let's put it this way. If the final tier of Omega doesn't end with
a full glorious 3D reproduction of Neo Exdeath in all his fucking insane glory, wtf is the point of us even living on this planet. Right? :)

Anyone else extremely disappointed/underwhelmed by the look of the raid gear?

Would have been great to have some omega-alien themed gear or even FFV-looking armor, but instead we get more asian-inspired gear that looks like it could be 60-70 leveling armor. The raid itself is stationed on the Gyr Albania side, so why is the gear Doma-themed? Meh, makes no sense no matter how you look at it. Hope the next level of raid gear looks cooler or more appropriately themed.

We already got Allagan based gear on 2.0...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
It's stupid, and the groups that have "Ilvl 310 Susano EX clear party die and get kicked" a week after the expansion is out hardly ever go that well to begin with. I've had more success joining learning groups than these big dick dps clear parties.

Absolutely. I am kind of shocked at how crazy fast many of the highest ilvl clear parties fall apart. Learning groups tend to often carry discipline, patience, and awareness. None of these qualities are often present in the more abrasive clear parties. Really frustrating.

Stopped playing FFXIV before the first expansion was released, sadly. Kind of hit a road block with regards to end-game stuff as my Grand Company was completely inactive and then just didn't have the time to play because my free time was spent with my girlfriend. Haven't really had the time to read up on all the changes that have been made since I left, but considering I never played through the first expansion and now with Stormblood (and all the patches), is it reasonable to assume there a substantial amount of varied content now?

I'm itching to get back into this at some point soon. Hopefully I can convince my girlfriend to join me.

Guess Who

Banned
Stopped playing FFXIV before the first expansion was released, sadly. Kind of hit a road block with regards to end-game stuff as my Grand Company was completely inactive and then just didn't have the time to play because my free time was spent with my girlfriend. Haven't really had the time to read up on all the changes that have been made since I left, but considering I never played through the first expansion and now with Stormblood, is it reasonable to assume there a substantial amount of varied content now?

I'm itching to get back into this at some point soon. Hopefully I can convince my girlfriend to join me.

Between 3.x and 4.x you have practically two games' worth of content to go through.

R0ckman

Absolutely. I am kind of shocked at how crazy fast many of the highest ilvl clear parties fall apart. Learning groups tend to often carry discipline, patience, and awareness. None of these qualities are often present in the more abrasive clear parties. Really frustrating.

The way you guys talk it sounds like I'm playing an entirely different game than you guys. Have things changed since several years ago? When I used Duty Finder on harder content, elitists and assholes were very rare. They were usually the odd men out, so they would opt to leave or at most make a smart mouthed comment and quickly bail. If a team just didnt have the synergy everyone understood and just left to requeue.

I realize party finder is different, but you would think it wouldn't be worse than duty finder. I guess its because PF gives people more control so you will funnel control freak type people into that mode more often.

Sami+

yo super newbie question

how tf do you use the hotbar when using the DS4 on PC? I don't understand these controls at all. :<

Thorgal

yo super newbie question

how tf do you use the hotbar when using the DS4 on PC? I don't understand these controls at all. :<

did you put the controls on controller setting in the options menu ?

the game asks pretty muxch at the start wether you play with controller or M/kb

Top Bottom