• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Let's put it this way. If the final tier of Omega doesn't end with
a full glorious 3D reproduction of Neo Exdeath in all his fucking insane glory, wtf is the point of us even living on this planet. Right? :)

Surely it's in Savage.

Sami+

did you put the controls on controller setting in the options menu ?

the game asks pretty muxch at the start wether you play with controller or M/kb

Fuck. Is there any way to change that? I didn't have my controller on hand during my first session and picked m/kb but I want to switch.

edit - I do have it set to "controller" in the settings but all the icons and HUD are still m/kb

ryseing

Someone mind PMing me a referral code? About to buy a sub and figured I would help a GAFfer out as well as get my stuff.

Got one, thanks y'all.

Baleoce

When you do PotD in a matched group, is it done in instances of 10 still? So do 10 floors, then find another group and do another 10? Is it fairly laid back?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i forgot how to play my lvl 50?scholar and want to play new content

can i buy stormblood & get the samurai job? or do i have to go through all the heavensward story content first?

Berordn

When you do PotD in a matched group, is it done in instances of 10 still? So do 10 floors, then find another group and do another 10? Is it fairly laid back?

Yes to all. Nobody stresses that much over it, though it helps to know the strategies on the major bosses so you don't spend all that time and wipe with nothing to show for it.

wamberz1

Surely it's in Savage.
I would hope so. Considering
Exdeaths model kinda doesn't look great and several of his attacks are straight up just dark knight animations I'm thinking they saved the budget for something else. Or maybe that's just me being hopeful.

ebil

Is it normal for Savage to have completely different bosses though? I thought it was mostly mechanics and attacks which get added and expanded on, like with Extreme fights.
A8 had an extra phase with a slightly different boss model so that wouldn't be completely unheard of. Plus they're looking for extra incentives for people to actually do Savage.

wamberz1

Is it normal for Savage to have completely different bosses though? I thought it was mostly mechanics and attacks which get added and expanded on, like with Extreme fights.
The fourth battle of Delta has quite a bit of new production which isn't in the normal version, so please be proud of all the people who worked on it (Laughs).
https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/1...E3-Interview-with-Yoshida-Famitsu-Translation
Take that as you will. Could be nothing, could be a huge change.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Fuck. Is there any way to change that? I didn't have my controller on hand during my first session and picked m/kb but I want to switch.

edit - I do have it set to "controller" in the settings but all the icons and HUD are still m/kb
Switch on the top left should be purple. If it's blue you're still on mkb mode.

pl3Xn7m.png

If it's purple and the hud layout is in kb mode. Try going to hud layout and hiding the hot bars and unhiding the cross hot bar.

Cmagus

Usually it's just mechanics, sometimes though like A8S they add a while new phase. An example being the Deltascape 3rd boss, the floor panels were always in the middle 4 I garuntee you that mechanic will be all over the room and one person per panel that's usually how it goes and the frog mechanic will probably have to be handled in the same regard with only certain people taking it.

i forgot how to play my lvl 50?scholar and want to play new content

can i buy stormblood & get the samurai job? or do i have to go through all the heavensward story content first?

Did you finish the original main story (not the patch stuff)? If you did, then you'll be able to immediately unlock Samurai if you buy Stormblood. It starts at 50 too, so you won't need to grind it up.

Arkeband

Banned
Also what the heck are you supposed to do in O2 when
the eyeball markers pop up around the arena?

Run to the one(s) that the markers disappeared from.

It's not very intuitive but it's easy once you know it.

Let's put it this way. If the final tier of Omega doesn't end with
a full glorious 3D reproduction of Neo Exdeath in all his fucking insane glory, wtf is the point of us even living on this planet. Right? :)

I can see that happening in either Savage as an additional mechanic or as O8's fight.

The last fight (O12) will have to be Omega (did you forget about him?)

Sciel

Doing A1-A4 after HW Launch:
I don't care about fking Goblins

Doing v1.0 - 4.0 after SB Launch :
This is fking Awesome

This xpax is off to a really start already.

ps: the new gear is absolutely the ugliest set in game.

Stuart444

Someone mind PMing me a referral code? About to buy a sub and figured I would help a GAFfer out as well as get my stuff.

Got one, thanks y'all.

I'm always late at seeing posts like this XD.

Oh well, if anyone does need one in the future, feel free to pm me. Would be nice to get at least some of the free stuff XD.

Baleoce

Yes to all. Nobody stresses that much over it, though it helps to know the strategies on the major bosses so you don't spend all that time and wipe with nothing to show for it.

Would you say it's the best way of getting a job from 50-60 outside of Heavensward dungeons? (Not that I'm opposed to doing them, I'm just kind of guessing the queue times for PotD is better than individual dungeons for a dps class?).

Danj

Unless it's used in levequests or for your Grand Company daily turn-ins, you can vendor it, yes.

awesome I will start doing that next time I log on (which is going to be Thursday now, back to work tomorrow and also I have club meetings on Wednesdays)

Berordn

Would you say it's the best way of getting a job from 50-60 outside of Heavensward dungeons? (Not that I'm opposed to doing them, I'm just kind of guessing the queue times for PotD is better than individual dungeons for a dps class?).

POTD is probably the fastest leveling up to 60, but I find it really hard to do for too long just because it gets boring fast.

For DPS, definitely faster than sitting around in a queue.

Ruff

Speaking of POTD, it's probably a bad idea to try it on an alt class that doesn't have a job yet right? I'm guessing that would be annoying to your party

Just finished Omega. Some cool fights here and there.

Spoilers:
I dont really like FFV but why was Exdeath the last boss of the first tier? I expected him in the last tier if anything. He got sucked up into the void so is it possible we might fight Neo Exdeath in the 3rd or 2nd tier? Imo, the bosses were cool but the first was very lacking. The 2nd took some time to get used to but after 2 wipes it was cleared. 3rd boss had interesting mechanics and the savage fight shall be a treat.
The last fight with Exdeath though, imo was pretty underwhelming. We cleared it in one wipe.

All blind runs but it was fun. That being said.... the gear from this first tier is abysmal in terms of design. We had to milk samurai more so let's give it designs in Omega... ffs. At least the story of Omega seems pretty interesting. A little similar to Alexander with the whole
wipe out human race thing
but I look forward to the savage fights.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There's a hakama tanking glamour but not a hakama SAM glamour.

thinking.gif
thinking.gif
thinking.gif
thinking.gif
thinking.gif

Berordn

Speaking of POTD, it's probably a bad idea to try it on an alt class that doesn't have a job yet right? I'm guessing that would be annoying to your party

The early floors are so easy that it really doesn't matter. If you're still concerned, you can always just do 1-20 and reset until you can get the job.

MechaX

Welp

FFXIV has its tournament arc

If they play this right, this could end up being the Dark Tournament arc of FFXIV.

Also, I love how (Omega Spoilers):
Midgardsormr not only comes back and is like "I was content on sitting out of the story entirely after the Dragonsong War, but this shit is a bit too serious for me to ignore. Oh, where and how I know Omega from? Don't worry about that; follow this goofy Chocobo and fight this Evil Tree Dark Mage."

Valonquar

Other than SE's claims that it is a DDoS, the timing feels a LOT more like thier servers just can't handle the wombo combo of new expansion and holiday weekend.

kromeo

All the people who rushed the story in 2 days then haven't been on since are probably back for omega

400 queue on Goblin, the previous largest I've seen was about 20

Top Bottom