• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Yes, you just have to be subbed for 90 days during the campaign.

Ah ok awesome. Not like buy a 90 day sub but just have at least 90 days at some point during the campaign? Cause subbed for the full 180 days just before this started and cant add any more time.

Also do you have to buy a copy of Stormblood during the campaign period? I preordered Stormblood digitally so I don't know if that counts.

Robin64

Queued for 30 mins for a Duty Roulette to get some Verity I need to hit 295 for Omega.
Finally got in, it was Aurum Vale.
"this is so gay lmao" says the tank and leaves.
Then a DPS leaves.
Then the server dies.

Think the game is trying to tell me to go do other things.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Apparently "Server Time" in this game doesn't really show server time.
It must be calculating the delta between supposed server time zone and yours based on your system settings rather than getting this data off the server.

Which is how I nearly missed a raid group meeting because my "Server Time" shows an hour behind everyone else!

Awful goddamn design. XS linkshells can't come soon enough.

Keasar

giphy.gif

Is there a recruiting thread on GAF? Any way to use my friend referral code if I don't actually have friends? I want that exp bonus for low level classes :(

Queued for 30 mins for a Duty Roulette to get some Verity I need to hit 295 for Omega.
Finally got in, it was Aurum Vale.

I almost used duty finder for Aurum Vale earlier! I just want to unlock that quest in Vesper Bay, sorry.

Jeels

About a mil exp left until I hit 69. They didn't give enough msq/side quests to get from 68-69 for me so doing the sightseeing log.

Danj

Recipe level penalties: am I right in thinking that if a recipe is between 0 and 5 levels above your crafter level, there is a 5% penalty in progress per synthesis per level difference? What about recipes that are higher than that, or are those not accessible?

(I'm looking at a formula and it's giving me the wrong answer, I think I understand why but I need to understand what the right answer is first)

I'm really loving these new mechanics. Duty actions are the best

Also loving how extremely varied the arenas are. No more bronze arena into bronze arena into bronze arena into bronze arena into bronze arena into bronze arena into bronze arena into bronze arena into giant bronze platform.

Sami+

I just ran into a GAFfer named Tree Stump in Limsa lol. They teleported right before I could say anything tho ripppp

I bought the game so I could join the FC and make friends and shit, anyone got a referral code? I tried Bowlie's but it didn't work :<

B.K.

I went into V2 through the Duty Finder and all seven of the other players were from Ultros. That will probably never happen again.

Firebrand

Wait. [RAID SPOILS]
Exdeath
is the new raid boss?

Oh my God I'll actually have to raid. Favorite FF game.

Don't be afraid to jump into any of that Omega, Alex, Crystal Tower or Void Ark stuff. It's pretty casual on normal difficulty, not any more time-consuming than any other duty and have some nice storylines as well.

Really liked Omega 3!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
O1: Bad
O2: Boring but could be fun in Savage
O3: GOAT
O4: Mechanics vomit but could be fun in Savage

IvorB

I just ran into a GAFfer named Tree Stump in Limsa lol. They teleported right before I could say anything tho ripppp

I bought the game so I could join the FC and make friends and shit, anyone got a referral code? I tried Bowlie's but it didn't work :<

You can try mine: SEN9JMMB

IvorB

I'm really loving these new mechanics. Duty actions are the best

Also loving how extremely varied the arenas are. No more bronze arena into bronze arena into bronze arena into bronze arena into bronze arena into bronze arena into bronze arena into bronze arena into giant bronze platform.

Variety is nice but I really loved the aesthetic in Alexander. Maybe I'm the only one.

Arkeband

Banned
How's that PvP experience?

Allright, found a chart:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/334426-PvP-and-Leveling-EXP-Charts.

Sounds like we shouldn't be ignoring dungeons in favor of PVP no mo. The PVP experience is still pretty high even if you lose.

My favorite thing about the new raid tiers hitting is everyone trying to be super respectful about spoilers, and then you zone into the endgame city area and there are 20 spoiler minions running around.

I had a group for O2 that kept dying to the stupid tentacles and one guy said he could explain it but his friend wanted a blind run. At which point we all wondered what the fuck these people think a blind run is if we've seen and died to the same mechanic like four times.

U dun pai muh sub!!!

iammeiam

My favorite thing about the new raid tiers hitting is everyone trying to be super respectful about spoilers, and then you zone into the endgame city area and there are 20 spoiler minions running around.

O1 I think I mostly settled on "I hope this is actually the Faust of the fight." It just fell into dungeon boss territory for me, and didn't really throw anything out that seemed like it would get cooler in Savage. Oh boy Photon + Whirlwind again.

2-4 all have a ton of potential, O1 just felt uninspired.

Wilsongt

O1 I think I mostly settled on "I hope this is actually the Faust of the fight." It just fell into dungeon boss territory for me, and didn't really throw anything out that seemed like it would get cooler in Savage. Oh boy Photon + Whirlwind again.

2-4 all have a ton of potential, O1 just felt uninspired.

The sarg facebook page had someone posting youtube videos of the first two section's music which had boss spoilers.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
O1 was not gonna be anything crazy, I'm expecting O1S to be a complete gift boss.
The age of Faust gating bads for weeks is gone.

O2 is just a gimmick fight which is to be expected from Refurbisher designer.

Mr. SCOB needs to design EVERYTHING.

iammeiam

I feel like the bar for first fight of the tier keeps falling for no reason; A9S was pretty bad but at least it had a cool gimmick and I came out of normal thinking Savage could be cool. A9 itself was fine for what it was. A5S seemed generally universally liked, and it had a bunch of unique one-off things, half of which were present in A5, and A5 was _fun_. It's not that O1 needed to be hard, it's that it 'felt' more like 24-man trash mob or a deleted Neverreap boss. Not difficulty, just design.

O1 legit seemed like a trash fight until I realized how slowly the HP bar was going down.

Arkeband

Banned
I feel like the bar for first fight of the tier keeps falling for no reason; A9S was pretty bad but at least it had a cool gimmick and I came out of normal thinking Savage could be cool. A9 itself was fine for what it was. A5S seemed generally universally liked, and it had a bunch of unique one-off things, half of which were present in A5, and A5 was _fun_. It's not that O1 needed to be hard, it's that it 'felt' more like 24-man trash mob or a deleted Neverreap boss. Not difficulty, just design.

O1 legit seemed like a trash fight until I realized how slowly the HP bar was going down.

Considering there were some people who still couldn't figure out what to do in my DF group, you're expecting too much from Normal.

I mean, O4 has a Blizzard mechanic from Snowcloak and I explained it and people STILL got Deep Freeze every fuckin' Blizzard. People are really dumb and skip potion probably made it worse.

Top Bottom