• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

this is a god send. the google doc was a giant mess, and one couldnt tell the difference between the pvp versions of skills.

No difference with this one, it's still the same order of skills and stuff, the only difference is it doesn't use all the color code stuff and instead just color the text right away so the lines aren't as long, and it's more readable on skills with long descriptions.

It still goes like 2.0 skills(including removed stuff), gathering/crafting skills, summon skills, ninja skills, Heavensward skills, DRK/MCH/AST skills, HW gathering/crafting, SB skills, SAM/RDM skills, SB gathering/crafting, PvP skills, with some random mount/item skills mixed in all over the place and some of the SB stuff in different places.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Don't know why Titan-egi is still there without sustain, or a proper heal. It's just a Stoneskin in another body while leveling that has to get recast.

I guess SMN soloing things like fate bosses was bad?

My favorite egi since I started playing has been Ifrit but he seems to have such limited use. Garuda seems to be the default choice for all group content and I use Titan while soloing.

I look forward to the higher numbers to reach.

That ifirt fending tome gear is the worst example, if you're a dude, it stops on your nipples. It's weird.

Nothing live giving burly dudes a boob window of sorts.
WM46M9J.png

Thank you for saying this. Why am I get a swoop neck piece of armor when I'm supposed to be getting hit! lol

Guess Who

Banned
Yeah, the expansions are just that, expansions, because Square didn’t want to confuse people by selling base game without expansions, base game with expansions, and expansion with no base game. You gotta buy the $20 base.

but they do sell

1) just the base game
2) just the expansions
3) a combo of the base game and expansions

Zomba13

So yeah, while my replacement PSU for my computer is still on its way from EVGA the back up one I found appears to work fine with my GTX780 once I got a 6-pin to 8-pin converter cable for the PSU. Should be good to go for SB. I am bummed I missed the GAF HW Goodbye stuff though, cable came this morning instead of yesterday and I really didn't want to go around the game at 20fps.

Super pumped for SB. And I think RDM will be added to my DPS class list. SMN and RDM for Deeps, DRK and PLD (and maybe WAR, who knows) for Tanking. That way I can don't really need any more space for glamour gear ebcause RDM can use my caster shit :D

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
So, I still have to clear many HS main scenario quests before I can hit up SB. But, I do want to try Red Mage right away. Is there info on where to pick up the first Red Mage quest?

iammeiam

but they do sell

1) just the base game
2) just the expansions
3) a combo of the base game and expansions

Yep; it has nothing to do with not wanting confusion and everything to do with them wanting to avoid the WoW danger of people resubbing for a short period every few years, happy to be an expansion behind current, never buying an expansion because they keep folding them into the base game.

The way they do it now, you'll always have to buy an expansion to do anything after the end of ARR, can't just wait it out.

Bowlie

Banned
What if I told you using Reload for Wildfire is now probably bad.

I haven't seen math this morning, but my impression of MCH so far is it's 3.0 MCH inverted. Instead of simple job with complicated facade, it's simple facade for complicated inner workings.

Because Reload (or more appropriately, ammunition) will reduce the Heat Gauge increase?

Ammunition use may also increase the rate at which a weaponskill's additional effect is triggered, as well as lower the accompanying Heat Gauge increase...

That's in the Reload tooltip, but I didn't see the tooltips in the Shot weaponskills mentioning that specific effect.

---

lmao at the Stun Gun:

Delivers an attack to all nearby enemies with a potency of 1,000 for the first enemy, 25% less for the second, 50% less for the third, and 75% less for all remaining enemies.
Additional Effect: Stun
Duration: 2s
Overheats Gauss Barrel upon execution.

Guess Who

Banned
So this "FFXIV job guide" mentioned in the patch notes. Are we thinking this is probably basically a manual for each job?

And how long will it take before theorycrafters find out how incredibly suboptimal the rotations and guidance in said manual actually is?

So this "FFXIV job guide" mentioned in the patch notes. Are we thinking this is probably basically a manual for each job?

And how long will it take before theorycrafters find out how incredibly suboptimal the rotations and guidance in said manual actually is?

I think it's just patch notes for the jobs. What changed, what got removed, what was added, the job gauge explanation. That's probably it.

rubius01

Huh, it didn't occur to me, but this "job guide" *might* be a rotation guide? So no more non tank stance tanks in df anymore? No more ice mages?

Edzi

What's a good glamour body armor option that resembles the Warrior's lvl 50 job armor? I have that glamoured currently, but I want something in a similar style that I can dye.

Guess Who

Banned
I think it's just patch notes for the jobs. What changed, what got removed, what was added, the job gauge explanation. That's probably it.

Guide seems like a weird term to use for that though (you'd usually call that, you know, patch notes, or a change log), and it's weird that it'd be published as a separate thing from patch notes.

It's funny that the "fake" leaked portion of the patch notes were actually real.

It's good though because Skill Speed got a pretty nice buff in said notes. Affecting AA could potentially be a big deal.

iammeiam

Because Reload (or more appropriately, ammunition) will reduce the Heat Gauge increase?

That's in the Reload tooltip, but I didn't see the tooltips in the Shot weaponskills mentioning that specific effect.

---

lmao at the Stun Gun:

Nope, because it's a waste of ammunition. Which sounds insane, but aiurily's prelim math seemed pretty sound.

Essentially if you use ammo during Overheat/Wildfire to force a proc, the ammo only 'gains' you whatever potency increase that GCD has over just hitting Cooldown instead. Since you're already in Overheat, you don't have to worry about building or wasting heat during the WF window, and smashing Cooldown without ammo should be 230 potency for the first 3 Cooldowns, 150 potency for the last 2, using 0 ammo. You then have your 3 ammo ready to use after Overheat and Wildfire ends, when you wouldn't be able to use Cooldown, potentially giving you more damage per ammo by using it desynced with Wildfire.

It's all super preliminary and I haven't gone back to rework it after the more final numbers came out, but it kind of stands out as an example of how weirdly counterintuitive new MCH looks like it can get.

Chille

What's a good glamour body armor option that resembles the Warrior's lvl 50 job armor? I have that glamoured currently, but I want something in a similar style that I can dye.

If you augment it via items from MB/Alchemy crafted, can dye it

Maybe it's for people who paid to skip to 60?

Did I read somewhere they buffed FATE exp? Praise Bahamut if true.

They pretty much had to allow leveling through FATEs again and also have PotD in order for all the new RDM and SAM to not riot because their dungeon queues were literally infinity. Especially since no new tank or healer classes were added and all the talk about tank and healer changes has been negative.

Bowlie

Banned
Nope, because it's a waste of ammunition. Which sounds insane, but aiurily's prelim math seemed pretty sound.

Essentially if you use ammo during Overheat/Wildfire to force a proc, the ammo only 'gains' you whatever potency increase that GCD has over just hitting Cooldown instead. Since you're already in Overheat, you don't have to worry about building or wasting heat during the WF window, and smashing Cooldown without ammo should be 230 potency for the first 3 Cooldowns, 150 potency for the last 2, using 0 ammo. You then have your 3 ammo ready to use after Overheat and Wildfire ends, when you wouldn't be able to use Cooldown, potentially giving you more damage per ammo by using it desynced with Wildfire.

It's all super preliminary and I haven't gone back to rework it after the more final numbers came out, but it kind of stands out as an example of how weirdly counterintuitive new MCH looks like it can get.

Thanks for the math, and its detailed explanation; I had missed the Cooldown skill (bad name for future conversations), it really seems to bring ammo's usefulness down during burst.

RPGCrazied

I never made any of the HS jobs. Do they give you one skill at a time to be able to learn it, or do they give you every skill and you have to learn on your own?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Hei guys on Ps4 here, trying to launch the launcher of Stormblood and all I get is this message:

"Cannot start the application (Ce-30022-7)

What's this?

IvorB

I think they saw the PoTD spam and how empty the world's became so they upgraded Fates.

They pretty much had to allow leveling through FATEs again and also have PotD in order for all the new RDM and SAM to not riot because their dungeon queues were literally infinity. Especially since no new tank or healer classes were added and all the talk about tank and healer changes has been negative.

That's cool. I like PotD but I would rather be doing FATEs out in the open field any day.

It's going to be pretty crazy to see how bad DPS queues for dungeons get though.

Top Bottom