• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

iammeiam

In case the Lily system wasn't shitty enough, Benison can't be used without one Lily, awesome

Yeah, that's been one of the problems with Benison. It's Stoneskin instant cast and oGCD, which is nice, but:

- 30 second base recast
- Requires at least 1 lily
- Eats however many lilies you have at the time
- Recast shrinks with additional lilies but shield is flat 15% no matter what.

Like, if lilies were super interactive and Benison was just an emergency vent, it'd probably be fine. But as is it's... ok? I guess?

Okay, another question then. Below are two pictures. The first is my old service account I used for the PS4-version. Oddly, there also seems to be a pc-account connected to it? That might be from a loooooooooong time ago. Anyway, below that is the second service account that is activated with the Steam-key from the A Realm Reborn Starter Edition. I havent used my Stormblood code yet. What should I do now? Besides calling Square I mean. I really dont want to wait two weeks for a merger.

tULsKN2.jpg

Dc3t5C2.jpg

Can someone clarify, if I get standard Stormblood, can I upgrade to collectors whenever I want? Tried doing it at the mog station but I might its giving me a "No digital upgrades can be purchased for this account" message.

Feeroper

So is there a best NA server to play on? I have a couple characters on Gilgamesh (not leveled very high), and I created a character on Ultros as well.

I've heard that Balmung is the server to go to for role-playing, but is also the highest populated server in that regard.

I know that Ultros is the GAF FC server, but how is it otherwise? Is it well populated?

Looking for any advice on server selection before I commit to a character - I do like RP in general, so I though Balmung sounded good and it is heavily populated but I understand it is difficult to get a character on there outside of paid transfer?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Squishy3

Okay, another question then. Below are two pictures. The first is my old service account I used for the PS4-version. Oddly, there also seems to be a pc-account connected to it? That might be from a loooooooooong time ago. Anyway, below that is the second service account that is activated with the Steam-key from the A Realm Reborn Starter Edition. I havent used my Stormblood code yet. What should I do now? Besides calling Square I mean. I really dont want to wait two weeks for a merger.

tULsKN2.jpg

Dc3t5C2.jpg
You... might be SOL on getting a refund for the ARR copy, since you applied it to an account, but it would be worth trying to navigate through the process for a refund, since you aren't going to use it at all.

To determine if the Windows license associated with your existing service account is a PC or Steam License, see if there's a payment option for Steam wallet, if yes, it's a Steam license, and you'd be able to apply the Stormblood steam license to it. If not, you'll want to refund that copy of Stormblood and buy a PC copy direct from Square or Greenmangaming or any other digital retailer.

Shahed

I've always liked the gender equality of skimpy glamour in this game TBH. It's only fair that everybody of all genders and sexual orientations has something enjoyable to look at all day!
Levelling subligars for everyone.

Lv 50 DRG armour is still a thing though

And you downloaded 2 patches? I have the same number as but only got 1 download. Maybe I got it earlier pre patch or something sometime in the past.

On PS4? I only downloaded the on file as well

LordKasual

Banned
Everyone bitching and moaning about WHM

i'm just gonna wait for it to actually be fine, but then they slingshot buff into the cosmos anyway and i'm just playing the best healing class :D

BLM FLARE GOT BUFFED
Has an actual MP cost now rather than all your MP, and the cost goes down for each Umbral Heart you collect, which means you can use the spell in your rotations much more often.

What the FUCK?

What did they nerf to potency to then????

Bowlie

Banned
And you downloaded 2 patches? I have the same number as you but only got 1 download. Maybe I got it earlier pre patch or something sometime in the past.

Yup! One ~2GB, closed the launcher, opened it again, and another ~3GB. As long as you are in the same version it should be fine c:

iammeiam

Wait, I heard that Sustain is gone and SMN Physick still scales off MND. Is this true?

True to both. Chicken Nugget's life just got a lot harder.

tULsKN2.jpg

Dc3t5C2.jpg

OK so good news, bad news.

Good news is you have a Windows license already and can probably log in to ARR just fine.

The bad news is you cannot mix-and-match Steam keys and not Steam keys. You will never be able to use a Steam key on the account your PS4 stuff is on. You can use PC keys from any other source, just not Steam.

This is a permanent thing that as far as I know, nobody has ever been able to get them to merge away. Basically see if you can return your Steam purchase, and go buy a PC non-Steam code for Stormblood. It'll include Heavensward, you can register it to your original account, and you'll be able to play your same character.

I think the ARR registration means you should be able to download the PC client, log in, and start downloading all the files during maint while you sort the rest of it out.

Everyone bitching and moaning about WHM

i'm just gonna wait for it to actually be fine, but then they slingshot buff into the cosmos anyway and i'm just playing the best healing class :D

The problem is not now and has never been that WHM is not considered viable, it's that 4.0 WHM is basically 3.0 WHM with a bunch of excess RNG tacked on. It's bad design. It can clear shit, but that doesn't make the flat bad class design thumbs-up worthy.

OK so good news, bad news.

Thanks a lot! Okay, so I've basically given up on playing the game on Steam. I asked Steam for a refund on Stormblood. That should be no problem since that key is unused.

So I'll buy a pc-version elsewhere. I will get a new code then I suppose. Where on Mog Station do I add this? I don't want to mess it up again.

Tiops

Can't wait.

Unfortunately I'll not work on the MSQ at the start, as I have to get my RDM to level 60 first lol. Fortunately, my wife plays SCH and will help me with insta-queues :D

dramatis

Hi guys, I am just starting to play again after finishing Heavensward months ago. I am up to the latest main quest which is to infiltrate this new Wall dungeon (patch 3.5). Unfortunately I need ilvl 230 for this and I left my character with only ilvl 217! Do I really need to get through these quests to access Stormblood? How the heck can I get my ilvl up that high in a short amount of time? I really hope I don't have to do a bunch of grinding...
When Stormblood updates come in, you will be able to buy the original Lore/Scripture gear using Poetics tomestones. You should be able to get a few pieces that way.

There's other changes too. Ishgard vendors are apparently going to sell level 60 gear, so you can check to see if they will be selling stuff that helps you climb the avg ilvl hurdle.

There is also a possibility they will remove the ilvl requirement, but that is less certain.

iammeiam

Thanks a lot! Okay, so I've basically given up on playing the game on Steam. I asked Steam for a refund on Stormblood. That should be no problem since that key is unused.

So I'll buy a pc-version elsewhere. I will get a new code then I suppose. Where on Mog Station do I add this? I don't want to mess it up again.

This will walk you through how to get your (non-Steam) Early Access code registered; the final registration key will happen later when SB officially comes out.

Just make sure the service account you select when registering anything is the one your PS4 stuff is on, and you're golden.

yaffi

Yup! One ~2GB, closed the launcher, opened it again, and another ~3GB. As long as you are in the same version it should be fine c:

Actually what I stated earlier isn't exactly correct. That's just the launcher version, not the game's.

adversarial

Just bought Heavensward for PC the other night, as I have a PS4 account at the moment and wanted to be able to play on whichever depending how I feel. Didn't realize if you buy Heavensward, it doesn't come with the base fucking game.

Bowlie

Banned
Actually what I stated earlier isn't exactly correct. That's just the launcher version, not the game's.

I'd assume those two go together for the new expansion, right? But I can't say for sure.

---

Could someone give me an explanation on how MCH will work? I know there's some gauge, will every action fill that gauge? What happens when it reaches the maximum?

iammeiam

Wait, WAR and DRK are bad now? lol, that's what I get for leveling them both to 60.

PLD is OP as hell, DRK is apparently a little more boring, WAR is apparently a little clunkier to play. There are a lot of ways things could break in the next few weeks; PLD has the tentative WAR slot and WAR and DRK fight it out for the other so far.

The struggle with a lot of this talk is that in the wider view it doesn't matter. It matters specifically if you're invested in the growth of a specific class, or if you progression raid, or if you've dropped a class for a specific issue. It's worth talking about, and with the tank situation in particular if you raid you want to make sure you've got the bases covered.

But for like 80% of the game do whatever is fun the rest will sort itself out.

-- Signed stubborn 3.0 Machinist; can't make me raid on bard if I don't upgrade from the law bow.

Just bought Heavensward for PC the other night, as I have a PS4 account at the moment and wanted to be able to play on whichever depending how I feel. Didn't realize if you buy Heavensward, it doesn't come with the base fucking game.

They're doing a reverse Blizzard. Instead of adding old expansions and the base game together, they add old expansions to the new expansion, meaning you'll always need to buy either ARR itself or a bundle containing ARR. At this point for PC you'd need base ARR (which will give you another month sub time, FWIW, cutting down on the cost), and then Stormblood. Stormblood will include HW, so HW itself isn't worth buying at this point.

aceface

So is there a best NA server to play on? I have a couple characters on Gilgamesh (not leveled very high), and I created a character on Ultros as well.

I've heard that Balmung is the server to go to for role-playing, but is also the highest populated server in that regard.

I know that Ultros is the GAF FC server, but how is it otherwise? Is it well populated?

Looking for any advice on server selection before I commit to a character - I do like RP in general, so I though Balmung sounded good and it is heavily populated but I understand it is difficult to get a character on there outside of paid transfer?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Ultros population is fine, it's about in the middle of the US servers population wise so not huge but hub areas always feel well populated to me. I don't know how much of an RP presence there is on the server as it's not something I'm participating in. If Ultros feels empty to you, you could go with one of the Gilgamesh characters as Gilg is the second highest populated NA server after Balumng.

Yeah Balmung is the RP server but it's also the highest populated server (by like, thousands of people) so not only can you not create a new character on that server, they've also shut down paid transfers to it for the time being. Gilgamesh is also shut down for new character creation and transfers right now.

Armaros

Don't know why Titan-egi is still there without sustain, or a proper heal. It's just a Stoneskin in another body while leveling that has to get recast.

I guess SMN soloing things like fate bosses was bad?

I was never too serious abou WAR nerf, but the job looks less fun to play. I don't really care about potencies and stuff.

People looked at the 6 fell cleaves and lot their shit, but I never cared about DPSing with WAR, after all it's a boring DPS job, but actually dungeon tanking was fun. And that didn't looked a fun thing for dungeon tanking and tanking in general.

iammeiam

Thank you, that answers my questions about Machinist. The new system doesn't look too complex, now I need to get a feel for the timing.

What if I told you using Reload for Wildfire is now probably bad.

I haven't seen math this morning, but my impression of MCH so far is it's 3.0 MCH inverted. Instead of simple job with complicated facade, it's simple facade for complicated inner workings.

sqwarlock

Finally preordered Stormblood.

My BRD is level 56 or 57 and about half-way through the 3.0 MSQ. I will probably grind to 60 over the weekend, but I also want to buy a story boost because I know there's still so many hours left to play through. Just not quite sure if it's worth doing.

Yeah, the expansions are just that, expansions, because Square didn’t want to confuse people by selling base game without expansions, base game with expansions, and expansion with no base game. You gotta buy the $20 base.

Top Bottom