• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Kasha
Side Combo Bonus: Increases Kenki Gauge by 5

Gekko
Rear Combo Bonus: Increases Kenki Gauge by 5

I take these to mean you get double the Kenki gauge increase when used positionally in a combo

Goddammit, my eye skipped right over them. Sorry bout that.

Bebpo

Banned
How easy/hard is it to get into the Omega raids in df? Since it's just normal mode, is it as easy to get into as your average dungeon/trial? Or because its a raid does no one use df? Got to i295 last night, so hoping to give it a run tonight or tomorrow.

R0ckman

Anyone else interested in seeing a true stalker rival in FF14? I mean one that has no real stake at whats going on in the main story or arc only cares about causing trouble for WoL. Can transcend all logic and reason; they can ocassionally hijack mid dungeon boss encounters maybe even an ocassional gimmick heavy raid encounter.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
How easy/hard is it to get into the Omega raids in df? Since it's just normal mode, is it as easy to get into as your average dungeon/trial? Or because its a raid does no one use df? Got to i295 last night, so hoping to give it a run tonight or tomorrow.

Same as any other dungeon.

ebil

Anyone leveling or who has leveled ALC to 70 have any tips? Doesnt seem very grind happy given the recipes...
I got to 70 spamming the growth formula Eta levequest. I sent my retainer after moth scales while grinding CRP and I was pretty much set when I started.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Farm Susie on SAM.

Get PLD weapon.

thinking.gif

Sapientas

Happened last night for me between 8/10pm UK time and 5am UK time >_< and happened a few times today as well.

Tried playing all day yesterday and couldn't stay in for more than 5 minutes. Today I tried just 2 times and both ended within that same frame. Pretty iffy if this is real, though I kinda doubt that they would outright block access like that.

Is that the Heroic Spirit Shield? If so, you get it from the Disreputable Priest in Wolves Den for 1,200 Wolf Marks.

Isn't the Heroic Spirit Shield invisible, not holographic-style?

They might be thinking of the Padjali Shield, which is a Palace of the Dead item.

RK9039

Does anyone use reshade? I tried using it, but I don't know how to save changes after selecting the options I want to apply.

If you save the files you edit, it should just apply the changes even with the game running. It will freeze for a few seconds and have the settings applied.

If you save the files you edit, it should just apply the changes even with the game running. It will freeze for a few seconds and have the settings applied.

I don't see a save icon in the menu, the closest is "reload" which just reloads the profile (which has nothing enabled).

Reszo

Lol just ran potd with three tanks. Why it look like they were all fighting for aggro lol. Or is that just how their skills work?

This is the exact path I followed, MNK and then SCH. They're still my two main jobs. I play solely on controller.

The two most important things to understand about SCH are that you're not simply a pet class, and that you're not simply a healer.

Your fairy is less of a primary thing for you than it is an accessory. She is, functionally, your stance, as you have two options with meaningful differences, but you are still functionally the same in either one, each just adds some extra stuff.

The attitude of a SCH is so far removed from what it is to be "just a healer." Though a non-negligible amount of what made SCH special was removed as of Stormblood, the general play style remains the same; Think of yourself as a support character, rather than a straight healer: You proactively prevent damage, and prepare the party for the situations you're aware that they're going to get into, in order to minimize the damage actually taken by them. Your goal is to leverage your shielding, mitigation abilities and fairy in conjunction to buy yourself as much time to flex as possible - be it through healing multiple people that need it, or laying down DPS on enemies whenever you can.

In essence, stay a step ahead of your teammates, get them prepped for what they're going to run into (usually AOEs...) and then do what needs to be done from there.

Though our ability to do so has been hampered and the job isn't in the best spot right now, it's still functional and still has the same general play style - just, you'll be casting Physick a lot more often than you would previously.

As a general play style, healing is still "heal people that need to be healed, and do damage when they don't," for all three healers, WHM is very blunt and straight-forward about it, having the most up-front and powerful direct heals and damage spells of the three. SCH is, thematically and functionally, a job about tactically-useful spells and abilities that feels rewarding to play well. AST is like a cross between the two, emphasizing supporting the party's offensive output over their own damage, though they're subject to the randomness of card drawing.
Thanks a bunch for the info, SCH definitely sounds like my thing. I'll definitely be leveling one now.

I love how Musosai so nonchalantly completely mispronounces proper names.

Anyone else have an issue where the sound randomly cuts out when returning from alt+tab? It's super annoying because it's so random.

Ok, I thought this was isolated, but it's happened to me twice. Have to completely close the game and relaunch to get it to work again.

Edzi

Anyone else have an issue where the sound randomly cuts out when returning from alt+tab? It's super annoying because it's so random.

This has happened to me like 3 times on random dungeon runs, but I don't think I was alt-tabbing. The sound just cut out until I restarted the game.

Ok, I thought this was isolated, but it's happened to me twice. Have to completely close the game and relaunch to get it to work again.
Yep, exactly. Super annoying.
This has happened to me like 3 times on random dungeon runs, but I don't think I was alt-tabbing. The sound just cut out until I restarted the game.
Wow, that's even worse. Though, I did have to do the most recent 8-man raid with the sound muted. That was pretty rough - turns out audio cues are pretty important in this game haha

Vic_Viper

Is there any way to improve your chances of getting certain items to drop in dungeons? I've been doing the last 2 HW dungeons over and over trying to get the full SAM/NIN Fillibuster armor set but have had horrible luck so far.

Is there any way to improve your chances of getting certain items to drop in dungeons? I've been doing the last 2 HW dungeons over and over trying to get the full SAM/NIN Fillibuster armor set but have had horrible luck so far.
If you're not doing a 51~59 or 61~69 dungeon, nope

Apoptomon

I've only had it happen once in recent memory, but I did have the audio cut out halfway through a run of the vault one time. Had to restart the client.

Arkeband

Banned
The whole game has had abysmal audio support since 1.0, you can't even switch audio outputs without a third party tool or relaunching the game. And if you unplug a microphone/headset it throws DirectX errors and crashes.

Apt101

I want to register the game on Steam, but I lost my e-mail with the registration code I received for it when I purchased it digitally from SE way back in like 2013. Is the original registration code listed someplace in my Mog Station? I've looked everywhere.

iammeiam

I want to register the game on Steam, but I lost my e-mail with the registration code I received for it when I purchased it digitally from SE way back in like 2013. Is the original registration code listed someplace in my Mog Station? I've looked everywhere.

Won't work. Steam version and non-steam version are incompatible; an account on a non-Steam key cannot be registered on Steam.

Guess Who

Banned
Try Roegadyn / Lalafell upper body beasts with baby legs and feet.

roe/lala half-breeds are just hyur. midlander is lala dominant, highlander is roe dominant.

this is canon. it's gonna be in the next lore book. don't pester koji, he's already confirmed it and he's busy

I still remember the cutscene before the assault on Ala Mhigo, where you're standing around the war table and Lyse is super gung-ho about the operation and I chose the dialogue option where it was something like "hey, let's just go in with a level-head, no one needs to die unnecessarily." And she just snapped. "DON'T YOU THINK I ALREADY KNOW THAT!?" She got super angry like a teenager. Like, gurl I do not have time for your sassafras

What's the best way to level from 46 to 49? I was pretty surprised when the next MSQ was three levels higher rather than the typical one level higher.

Jeels

Wiped at the end of the first trial in the Lochs. :) 8 vulnerability stacks and I provoked the enemy because I'm dumb.

Top Bottom