• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Sorian

Banned
Let's be real, every x.0 patch has had these fates. No one will give a shit about Ixion in a year, to the point that people lttp will be begging for pity help to get their kills.

Finally beat the main quest!

Man, that last fight was really tough. Took me a good couple hours to find a group that could deal. Lot of fun, though!

I've never done any of the difficult 8-man content before, for I am a filthy casual. How do the bosses compare to that final boss fight?

Isaccard

Let's be real, every x.0 patch has had these fates. No one will give a shit about Ixion in a year, to the point that people lttp will be begging for pity help to get their kills.

Took me a year to kill Coeurlregina simply because I just kept missing her when she showed up. When Odin spawns all you get is apathy and a hand full of people trying to kill him and getting wiped in humorous fashion.

Sorian

Banned
Finally beat the main quest!

Man, that last fight was really tough. Took me a good couple hours to find a group that could deal. Lot of fun, though!

I've never done any of the difficult 8-man content before, for I am a filthy casual. How do the bosses compare to that final boss fight?

It's very easy compared to the savage level fights. Probably on par with the easier primal hard/extreme modes. It's hard to gauge because the final trial isn't really hard, it's more just a mechanics/stamina check. He throws a lot at you but none of it is individually punishing.

Sorian

Banned
Took me a year to kill Coeurlregina simply because I just kept missing her when she showed up. When Odin spawns all you get is apathy and a hand full of people trying to kill him and getting wiped in humorous fashion.

Someone called out the coeurlregina fight the other day and I was bored so I went. Laughed when the achievement popped for my first clear of it. I assume I looked at the shit pimp suit that was the reward and noped out.

It's very easy compared to the savage level fights. Probably on par with the easier primal hard/extreme modes. It's hard to gauge because the final trial isn't really hard, it's more just a mechanics/stamina check. He throws a lot at you but none of it is individually punishing.

Damn! He just seems to deal so much damage, I don't know how the healers keep up.

Wilsongt

Really wish they released Savage now, it feels like there is nothing to do all the content has been so easy that I've done it all now lol. I dunno if I wanna level a third job cause it's kind of boring right now and I'm out of leves for crafting and gathering.Feels like there is less and less people logging in each night already.

It took two weeks before I saw a post like this.

Not bad.

ebil

I'm not sure I understand. Are you guys talking about
Fordola
? I must have missed something.
Yeah.
She's basically enhanced with artificial Echo, which lets her predict what her enemies are about to do. Just like (most of) us with enemy markers and cast bars.

Cmagus

It took two weeks before I saw a post like this.

Not bad.

Nothing wrong with a post like this, let's be real the expansions difficulty has been a joke so far and the simplifying of everything has basically made all the content so far a face roll. The primals were some of the easiest released yet, nothing changed with dungeons challenge wise, Omega raid is a pushover (expected for normal). Honestly our FC has gotten everyone through almost everything and this is only playing a few hours a night.

Compared to HW it just seems like there isn't a whole lot here and yeah I'm working on crafting and gathering slowly but it's not exactly exciting. I mean as someone who is usually behind the curve and playing catch up I was surprised at how easy it was to clear everything so early. I will work on leveling other jobs but doing it just because is not exactly fun just for the sake of something to do and the queue times are still crap.

mcw

Stupid question time:

I've received my first levequest but there appears to be no way to actually start it. I go to the green area on the map outside Bentbranch and open the quest in my journal-- there is no Initiate button. (PS4)

Nothing wrong with a post like this, let's be real the expansions difficulty has been a joke so far and the simplifying of everything has basically made all the content so far a face roll. The primals were some of the easiest released yet, nothing changed with dungeons challenge wise, Omega raid is a pushover (expected for normal). Honestly our FC has gotten everyone through almost everything and this is only playing a few hours a night.

Compared to HW it just seems like there isn't a whole lot here and yeah I'm working on crafting and gathering slowly but it's not exactly exciting. I mean as someone who is usually behind the curve and playing catch up I was surprised at how easy it was to clear everything so early. I will work on leveling other jobs but doing it just because is not exactly fun just for the sake of something to do and the queue times are still crap.

Queue times are gonna be crap for a long time. You should've expected this when they decided to add 2 DPS jobs to Stormblood

ebil

But there's exactly as much content as Heavensward at release? I agree that the Extreme Primals are easy but at least both of them are relevant for item level upgrades, unlike Bismarck.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Man, if it's really true that SE is actively blocking international players from the US servers...

Man, if it's really true that SE is actively blocking international players from the US servers...

If by international you mean from china/korea, then yeah it's standard for mmos to lock regions that have their own version of the game because they sold the rights to publish the games there. Otherwise no idea what you're talking about.

Tiops

How... do you.... wipe.... in the Vault...? :(

T_T

Whoa, you never got a party that absolutely couldn't beat Ser Charibert (last boss)? I think I got at least 3 parties that abandoned in that fight during Heavensward days lmao.

"Guys, break the chains apart. Guys... the chains... PLEASE!"

Cmagus

Queue times are gonna be crap for a long time. You should've expected this when they decided to add 2 DPS jobs to Stormblood

I did and that's why I haven't exactly been jumping into leveling another dps class because the wait times are 30+ minutes.

But there's exactly as much content as Heavensward at release? I agree that the Extreme Primals are easy but at least both of them are relevant for item level upgrades, unlike Bismarck.

That's fine, I'm just making an observation based on my experience with this expansion so far. If you're having a blast and everything is great, good, I enjoyed the story but personally have found things a little lackluster so far overall.

Ikkarus

Stupid question time:

I've received my first levequest but there appears to be no way to actually start it. I go to the green area on the map outside Bentbranch and open the quest in my journal-- there is no Initiate button. (PS4)
Go to your journal and you'll find your levequests at the bottom where you can initiate it.

The Vault could be a nightmare when you got it in leveling roulette. Something about that dungeon brings out the stupidity in the player base.

I did and that's why I haven't exactly been jumping into leveling another dps class because the wait times are 30+ minutes.

That's fine, I'm just making an observation based on my experience with this expansion so far. If you're having a blast and everything is great, good, I enjoyed the story but personally have found things a little lackluster so far overall.

This was predicted months before the release that people would complain there's nothing to do exactly like with HW. There's nothing to do because some people only play a little bit every now and then and they want them to still have a decent chance at doing savage when it releases and stuff. If you play everyday yeah there isn't anything to do anymore but that should have been obvious from the start that 3dungeons and 2 ex primals wasn't going to hold your attention very long, and especially not for 4weeks. Difficulty of the ex primals is entirely irrelevant too, still wouldn't take long to clear them.

FFXIV does that a lot. It adds a lot of content, but it's for the most part content that's "easy" to clear. I mean just as a reminder, once you clear savage, there won't be anything interesting to do for the next ~6months until 4.2. 4.1 will be 24man easy raid, 1 possibly hard primal but once you clear it it'll be easy and some random side stuff.

Can always take a break and come back later.

Personally still leveling a lot of stuff so don't really mind, but I like alts. Got monk to 70, then AST, then PLD to 66 but changed my mind and leveled Nin to 70 instead then leveled RDM and BLM in parallel, BLM hit 70 a few hours ago and RDM after daily reset, will go back for PLD and do BRD too and then maybe WHM+SCH for the Goddess of Magic title. Meanwhile Fishing at 66, Bot/Min at 63, crafters at 62 with CRP at 68. Don't really have time to get bored yet.

adversarial

Cleared EX LAK last night, fun fight. Is anyone doing EX Susano tonight? Up for EX Lak again too. Lucifer / Zan not sure if you guys keep an eye on this thread, I'll be on tonight for sure.

Luminaire

The Vault could be a nightmare when you got it in leveling roulette. Something about that dungeon brings out the stupidity in the player base.
"We're chained?! Best to stand on top of one another! HEY! Why are we dead?! Stupid healer!!"

I did a run as a BLM and the healer simply could not keep up on that last boss. They'd be out of mp and we couldn't survive the ultimate. Also we didn't have enough dps overall to kill all the orbs, even with me using caster LB2 to take out two of them. I think we wiped 5 or 6 times. Really slaps you in the face with the average players skill level.

adversarial

This was predicted months before the release that people would complain there's nothing to do exactly like with HW. There's nothing to do because some people only play a little bit every now and then and they want them to still have a decent chance at doing savage when it releases and stuff. If you play everyday yeah there isn't anything to do anymore but that should have been obvious from the start that 3dungeons and 2 ex primals wasn't going to hold your attention very long, and especially not for 4weeks. Difficulty of the ex primals is entirely irrelevant too, still wouldn't take long to clear them.

FFXIV does that a lot. It adds a lot of content, but it's for the most part content that's "easy" to clear. I mean just as a reminder, once you clear savage, there won't be anything interesting to do for the next ~6months until 4.2. 4.1 will be 24man easy raid, 1 possibly hard primal but once you clear it it'll be easy and some random side stuff.

Can always take a break and come back later.

Personally still leveling a lot of stuff so don't really mind, but I like alts. Got monk to 70, then AST, then PLD to 66 but changed my mind and leveled Nin to 70 instead then leveled RDM and BLM in parallel, BLM hit 70 a few hours ago and RDM after daily reset, will go back for PLD and do BRD too and then maybe WHM+SCH for the Goddess of Magic title. Meanwhile Fishing at 66, Bot/Min at 63, crafters at 62 with CRP at 68. Don't really have time to get bored yet.

Jesus.

iammeiam

Maintenance got rescheduled to be four hours earlier, so now the game is basically down for all of PST's prime time, from 8PM to 11PM. Boo, hiss, etc.

4.1 is also supposed to add the super savage "don't complain if it's too hard" thing; how well they design that is going to matter a lot for how the rest of SB plays out I think.

Not gonna lie, I think I somehow lucked out on my path of leveling my Bard first. I'm going back and leveling DRK because I wanted to do a different class and don't feel like being a Healer. Leaving a lot of sidequests to do helped a bit, but there are many dungeons that I only ever did once and moved on.

Doing multiple runs of one, getting about a level each run, has been nice and breezy and given me time to work on tanking "properly" for now. Once I reach a threshold for a new dungeon, I switch to it. In fact, once I hit 50, I'll have several side dungeons I never even did before to get even more EXP from, plus opening others I may have missed because of it. Same with 60, to a lesser degree.

iammeiam

Goddamn, do they have maintenance every fucking other day? Is this normal?

This one seems kind of abnormal; they do warn people at the start of every expansion to avoid windows they think they'll do maintenance on, which is a bunch of days every week to fix whatever bugs pop up.

This one being so early in the evening is weird, though. I haven't heard of any massive 4.01 bugs that would require an emergency patch, so super curious what's in there.

Cmagus

Maintenance got rescheduled to be four hours earlier, so now the game is basically down for all of PST's prime time, from 8PM to 11PM. Boo, hiss, etc.

4.1 is also supposed to add the super savage "don't complain if it's too hard" thing; how well they design that is going to matter a lot for how the rest of SB plays out I think.

I'm interested to see how that plays out, I really hope it's as tough as they say it's gonna be.

Maybe I just do need a break altogether but I dunno maybe it's just the games formula I'm a bit worn out on at this point because I felt like this for awhile now and yeah it's a new expansion but it just feels like the same old stuff just in new areas.

Sylas

I'm interested to see how that plays out, I really hope it's as tough as they say it's gonna be.

Maybe I just do need a break altogether but I dunno maybe it's just the games formula I'm a bit worn out on at this point because I felt like this for awhile now and yeah it's a new expansion but it just feels like the same old stuff just in new areas.
Meanwhile, in casualsville... I just got my Susan/Lakshmi kills and am looking forward to the capped tomes/crating gear because I'm actually getting invested in gathering/crafting this time around.

FFXIV doesn't add a ton of grinding content in general (save for relic) unlike WoW, so it's easier to feel like you've done everything. Plus, we've always had something I call fairweather players that come back for the content that interests them and then leave until more of that happens. It's by design because they firmly believe that you should allow MMO players a chance to go play other stuff. At the end of the day, if you're bored you should take a break rather than sitting there doing stuff you aren't having fun with. The beginning of an expac is always a general dearth of longterm content.

Patch is likely to fix whatever is keeping EU players who play on NA from being able to play. Constant and immediate 90k for those people unless they use a VPN. Been like this for a few days. Or maybe it's not and Square will continue to pretend it isn't a problem despite the long threads on the OF and Reddit.

Stupid question time:

You might've figured this out already but you should have two quests, one for unlocking leves in the area and then one that's the leve itself. Make sure you're checking for the initiate button on the leve and not the quest.

atmuh

How hard is it to do this? I've do e gatheres and moving to that
it's not bad. if you have a full leve allotment that'll take at least 2 to 70 easily. collectibles take longer but if you don't mind dropping a ton of gil for mats it can go fairly quickly as well

iammeiam

Hopefully removing str accessories for tanks, but I guess they would have changed that already

What would this actually accomplish? Like, patching them out gains _____ for the people who believe tanks should be VIT4LYFE? VIT doesn't mitigate damage, so healing them takes as many casts as STR tanks, and none of the tank busters in-game have an HP check that's impacted by the right side stuff.

I get that some people want to just stack VIT and that's fine, but I don't get the not wanting other people to have the option.

Top Bottom