• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Cmagus

Really wish they released Savage now, it feels like there is nothing to do all the content has been so easy that I've done it all now lol. I dunno if I wanna level a third job cause it's kind of boring right now and I'm out of leves for crafting and gathering.Feels like there is less and less people logging in each night already.

iammeiam

Eh, I'm fine with the delay. The month lag for Savage is good for the game overall in a lot of ways. They get more time to see how their imagined balance testing plays out in the real world, players have time to level up at their own pace and try out multiple jobs, anybody thrown off by the early technical issues has more than enough time to get stuff done, etc.

It beats having the real raid drop now alongside capped tomes, and then having everyone tilted in two weeks when they adjust jobs and make people regret past capped gear purchases.

Additionally the kind of tuning they're saying they aimed Omega at will probably mean a relatively short raid tier again; having it hit a month into 4.0 should hopefully mean 4.1 around when farm fatigue starts setting in for early-but-not-world-prog clearers. Maybe. People will log in less, but if it keeps content consistent enough that they still log in at all, it's for the good.

I do wish we got clearer information about what was coming in 4.05--crafted gear this tier, or no? What scope of balance changes? But that's the same old complaint as ever.

adversarial

What are the rules about getting a wife / significant other / sister invited to the guild? Can they apply or will they just get denied immediately?

Cmagus

Eh, I'm fine with the delay. The month lag for Savage is good for the game overall in a lot of ways. They get more time to see how their imagined balance testing plays out in the real world, players have time to level up at their own pace and try out multiple jobs, anybody thrown off by the early technical issues has more than enough time to get stuff done, etc.

It beats having the real raid drop now alongside capped tomes, and then having everyone tilted in two weeks when they adjust jobs and make people regret past capped gear purchases.

Additionally the kind of tuning they're saying they aimed Omega at will probably mean a relatively short raid tier again; having it hit a month into 4.0 should hopefully mean 4.1 around when farm fatigue starts setting in for early-but-not-world-prog clearers. Maybe. People will log in less, but if it keeps content consistent enough that they still log in at all, it's for the good.

I do wish we got clearer information about what was coming in 4.05--crafted gear this tier, or no? What scope of balance changes? But that's the same old complaint as ever.

I get it and why they do it but I just wish they didn't go so light on the content difficulty.

Apoptomon

What are the rules about getting a wife / significant other / sister invited to the guild? Can they apply or will they just get denied immediately?

I'm not an officer, but since the current stance is "Currently only accepting GAF members and friends/family. Please include your GAF username in your app message if you have a GAF account.", they probably just need to include "I'm [your] [wife/significant other/sister]" in their application message. The GAF FC is almost at capacity though (506 members).

RDM final quest spoilers
I love how they acknowledged I liberated Ala Mhigo and it was cool that we got to got to Mhach. Arya's pretty mysterious though. I would like to see her come back

Luigi87

Hit level 70 and did my SCH job quests.

Also finished the level 64 MSQ.

The cutscene with Estinien showing up with Stone and Steel playing gave me chills.

Perineum

I made some serious progress. I am now almost level 45 and past the Garuda stuff. Garuda was epic! Why it takes ARR so long to finally pick up is beyond me, and Garuda has been the only highlight of this shit so far. Ugh.

I hope I am not getting swindled and that Heavens Ward will be lit AF. I am excited to become a SAM once I get 50 as well.

Luminaire

I made some serious progress. I am now almost level 45 and past the Garuda stuff. Garuda was epic! Why it takes ARR so long to finally pick up is beyond me, and Garuda has been the only highlight of this shit so far. Ugh.

I hope I am not getting swindled and that Heavens Ward will be lit AF. I am excited to become a SAM once I get 50 as well.

It takes so long to pick up because it's content stretched over 50 levels. It picks up after Garuda quite a bit and then the train keeps on rollin'. HW is good. SB is even better. E~n~j~o~y

Nochii

Neo Member
Ok i have a little problem, i want to buy the digital copy of stormblood the one it cost 39.99 but i only find the complete edition, i already have ARR (phisical) and HW(digital).

Garuda is where things really take off.
Hold on to your butts.

Berordn

Heavensward takes a while to get rolling, but not nearly as long as ARR. And when it kicks it into high gear, it just doesn't stop.

B.K.

I got another Susano Ex clear tonight. It went pretty well. I thought we were going to start farming, but one guy had to go to the bathroom after the first run and people started leaving.

A shit ton of people are lined up and mobilized in the Lochs waiting for Ixion.

6yby949.jpg

Are there any controller settings that can make it easier to see what I'm targeting? My biggest problem is that I can't see what I want to target sometimes and get overwhelmed with crap going on. Is it best to turn off the names/bars?

I don't know what's going on.

I'm not sure if this expansion has just brought them out of the woodwork, or if I've been grouping with my tank buddy way too much, or if I've just been really lucky with randos my entire time playing this game...

But since early access, I have been blessed by grouping with the worst fucking tanks I have ever played with in ANY MMO. And I've been doing this for awhile.

I just wiped in Susano normal four times because tanks either weren't doing the blade mechanic, weren't using cooldowns, or weren't soaking the orbs. One pull, a fucking BARD did the blade. This is AFTER I explained the mechanics fully after the first wipe.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Are there any controller settings that can make it easier to see what I'm targeting? My biggest problem is that I can't see what I want to target sometimes and get overwhelmed with crap going on. Is it best to turn off the names/bars?
While you can't turn off actual animations, you can turn off the effects of them. This can help with performance and visibility.

Go to Character Configuration -> Control Settings -> Character and look for Battle Effects settings - you can choose to Show all, Limited, or None for you, your party, and others but most people just set the effects to limited including myself because we still need some idea of what other players are doing.

Bebpo

Banned
Omega V3 is the first time in like 600 hours with this game that I'm actually a little annoyed at my teammates. Was about to head to sleep but the queue popped after 40 mins of waiting in df, so figured why not.

First time was learning mechanics, sure. Second time was a lot of people still messing up on mechanics and dying and hitting enrage timer at like 10%, ok, no worries. Third time everyone had all the game/frog mechanics down, the AoEs and everything should've been fine but apparently half the party did not understand the stack arrows symbol which I don't understand how that's possible this far into the game. Everytime I would run up to help the person with the arrow and there'd be like 3-4 people mostly DPS in the stack and we would all die and sit until someone revived us. This kept happening and all the DPS dying every other stack and being out of commission killed the DPS and we hit enrage at 5% even though we pretty much nailed every other mechanic. Then everyone abandoned and that was a waste of an hour :|

Like I'd get it if the other patterns were killing everyone, but to continually die because half the party doesn't stack is frustrating. Like if running into the stack of 3-4 people is just going to one-shot me, I might as well not join in and let them die while I stay alive doing DPS. But at the same time I don't wanna be that guy that kills everyone because he doesn't join the stack so I keep joining in :(

Edzi

I'm not sure if this expansion has just brought them out of the woodwork, or if I've been grouping with my tank buddy way too much, or if I've just been really lucky with randos my entire time playing this game...

But since early access, I have been blessed by grouping with the worst fucking tanks I have ever played with in ANY MMO. And I've been doing this for awhile.

I just wiped in Susano normal four times because tanks either weren't doing the blade mechanic, weren't using cooldowns, or weren't soaking the orbs. One pull, a fucking BARD did the blade. This is AFTER I explained the mechanics fully after the first wipe.

I'm a tank, but I just had a really shitty MT while doing Susano. He knew the mechanics and all, but he was incredibly rude the whole time despite me and a few others being new to the trial, even when he was the one who messed up. Dude blew up at me after he went AFK and lost aggro to me, even though I wasn't in Defiance. I think the new expansion just brought back all the shitty players who only care about clearing content quickly.

Gunblade47

Neo Member
All this Lyse hate is surprising. She definitely isn't on par with Ysayle but man..... haters gonna hate.

I personally dislike her because they basically wiped my favourite scion's personality and history to make room for her. I would like her more if she was just a completely new character altogether instead.

She also steals the spotlight from the WoL more towards the latter half of the game. She's like cataclysm Thrall to me, a character I once loved but started to dislike towards the end purely because of how badly the story was trying to sell that they are the important actors in the story. Not the hero character.

My girlfriend likes her tho and says the expac is basically her coming to reality of whats actually going on in the world.

We both agree that Allisaie stole the show this time around. Had a massive grin on my face every time she took the focus in a cutscene. Something I cant say for Lyse. In many ways Allisaie reminded me more of Yda than Lyse actually did.

I'm a tank, but I just had a really shitty MT while doing Susano. He knew the mechanics and all, but he was incredibly rude the whole time despite me and a few others being new to the trial, even when he was the one who messed up. Dude blew up at me after he went AFK and lost aggro to me, even though I wasn't in Defiance. I think the new expansion just brought back all the shitty players who only care about clearing content quickly.

I think you're right.

...Right after my Susano debacle, I got Chrysalis, and I wiped there too.

Then after that, I got Vault, where we wiped on the first boss.

It's like I'm back in 2.0 tonight. I should really give up, but I still have one more roulette and I'm finishing it goddamnit.

duckroll

I think you're right.

...Right after my Susano debacle, I got Chrysalis, and I wiped there too.

Then after that, I got Vault, where we wiped on the first boss.

It's like I'm back in 2.0 tonight. I should really give up, but I still have one more roulette and I'm finishing it goddamnit.

??????????????????????????????????????????

I almost don't believe you because that's some really fucking awful luck. :(

MikeBison

Omega V3 is the first time in like 600 hours with this game that I'm actually a little annoyed at my teammates. Was about to head to sleep but the queue popped after 40 mins of waiting in df, so figured why not.

First time was learning mechanics, sure. Second time was a lot of people still messing up on mechanics and dying and hitting enrage timer at like 10%, ok, no worries. Third time everyone had all the game/frog mechanics down, the AoEs and everything should've been fine but apparently half the party did not understand the stack arrows symbol which I don't understand how that's possible this far into the game. Everytime I would run up to help the person with the arrow and there'd be like 3-4 people mostly DPS in the stack and we would all die and sit until someone revived us. This kept happening and all the DPS dying every other stack and being out of commission killed the DPS and we hit enrage at 5% even though we pretty much nailed every other mechanic. Then everyone abandoned and that was a waste of an hour :|

Like I'd get it if the other patterns were killing everyone, but to continually die because half the party doesn't stack is frustrating. Like if running into the stack of 3-4 people is just going to one-shot me, I might as well not join in and let them die while I stay alive doing DPS. But at the same time I don't wanna be that guy that kills everyone because he doesn't join the stack so I keep joining in :(

Dude. Fucking same. Well, it never actually caused us any problems in the end as I ran v3 like 5 times last night in separate groups and only one was a wipe, then an immediate clear. But this was mainly down to my red mage friend and her AST boyfriend having to res everyone constantly.

I don't know wether people don't know the stack marker or they're just that fucking selfish that they think they don't need to stack because it'll be ok if they don't. What's worse is if nobody stacks, 1 person dies. But when 3 or 4 people do the right thing but the rest don't, 4 or 5 people die. I lean towards the latter and it's people being selfish because it doesn't affect them. In this fight particular because it comes at the same time as other AOE's.

Anyway, super, super fun fight! Pissed myself when
she is done with your shit and sends you through a tear whilst she drinks some tea

Also, I really dig v4.
I feel they managed to capture the feel of fighting an old school FF boss like Exdeath really well. His design is in contrast to most other famous FF adaptions, he looks quite cartoonish. And his move set is just full of nostalgia. I know it's nothing ground breaking but it comes together for a really cool fight I feel. But fuck me if people don't keep attacking him during Fire III despite multiple warnings to not do so. Need to get me that minion.

Atolm

Leveled all my crafters to 70 but Cul and Alch (those will come a bit later, they're 64 and 65 atm), as well as miner and botanist. I crafted the full i290 crafter set and the tools, still missing the gatherer set, because the retainer is too slow bringing the mats.

Those past few days have been hell.

Sorian

Banned
All the complaining about the stack marker in the third fight. You all know that there is also a mechanic there that forces people to run a certain direction so if everyone isn't facing the same way, they all disperse like chickens, right? Just want to make sure. I know there are trash players in the game but want to make sure it is actually a case of trash.

MikeBison

All the complaining about the stack marker in the third fight. You all know that there is also a mechanic there that forces people to run a certain direction so if everyone isn't facing the same way, they all disperse like chickens, right? Just want to make sure. I know there are trash players in the game but want to make sure it is actually a case of trash.

It's not even that one, because I understand that. Although you usually still have time to stack depending on which way you get sent running.

It's the other time the stack marker comes as the same times as some ground AOE's that fan output have gaps between them. People just go nah, fuck you, I'm dodging AOE's, don't care about your stack marker.

Orgun

Hmm what would y'all reccomend as the quickest way to get to 50? I'm currently level 43 and would like to try and hit 50 this weekend.

I'm a Scholar/summoner if that matters.

It's not even that one, because I understand that. Although you usually still have time to stack depending on which way you get sent running.

It's the other time the stack marker comes as the same times as some ground AOE's that fan output have gaps between them. People just go nah, fuck you, I'm dodging AOE's, don't care about your stack marker.

Had the exact same thing happen when I ran it. At a certain point I just accepted that there was going to be at least one death during that section since most of the group seemed to have no interest in even trying to stack.

atmuh

almost got all my crafters to 70 finally. also I just transferred to ultros to play with some friends so you'll see me around I suppose. my character name is intestinal happiness. are there good hunt linkshells on the server that have room?

Sorian

Banned

Fun fact because i didn't realize for a couple cycles either. That's not actually a fan pattern. It's just a bunch of mini cleaves targeted on random party members. It just looks fanned out because of how people tend to naturally spread during fights.

But yes, people are bad. This is why I don't do that stack mechanic on that A rank in steppes. No one else wants to mechanic and I don't like lying down.

R0ckman

almost got all my crafters to 70 finally. also I just transferred to ultros to play with some friends so you'll see me around I suppose. my character name is intestinal happiness. are there good hunt linkshells on the server that have room?

How hard is it to do this? I've do e gatheres and moving to that.

Interestingly, I use to constantly get people asking me to join FC because I have all the gatherer and crafter things leveled high. In Stormblood not one person has randomly bothered me.

Surprised you guys wiped from the off tank not taking the orbs. It happened on my run and only me and maybe one other person died from it.

Top Bottom