• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

LowParry

Same problem here. Probably we have to wait until psn unlocks the game?

Fixes I've read are to redownload the game.

Facebook:

"An update for PlayStation®4 users encountering the ”CE-30022-7" error when attempting to launch the game.

While we are currently looking into the matter, based on the error that is displaying, we believe the game data was corrupted due to some unknown reason.

If you are currently experiencing the error, the issue may be resolved by reinstalling the game.

We will provide an update once we have more information on the matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

iammeiam

Thanks for the math, and its detailed explanation; I had missed the Cooldown skill (bad name for future conversations), it really seems to bring ammo's usefulness down during burst.

It really is bad word choice; it's sort of the appeal and fear I have for new MCH honestly. It's a streamlined system on top but I can see a lot of the 'git gud' stuff being things that feel super counterintuitive coming from old MCH.

It's not inherently good or bad, and I think there's room for some really interesting discussions, but depending on how they present the changes it's also going to be super easy to get everything wrong in a way that seems right.

I dunno, my relationship with SB MCH is going to be a weird one.

kaze343

Hei guys on Ps4 here, trying to launch the launcher of Stormblood and all I get is this message:

What's this?

try hitting the options button and updating the game thru that menu.

although from the sounds of it, reinstalling might be the only choice for some.

Lain

I stopped playing back in April of 2014. I bought Heavensward but never played it in the end. Now I got Stormblood and plan to play, as I'm installing it this time and got 3 months paid.
From what I gather, I'm looking forward to do a lot of stuff before I get to see the new new content.

I stopped playing back in April of 2014. I bought Heavensward but never played it in the end. Now I got Stormblood and plan to play, as I'm installing it this time and got 3 months paid.
From what I gather, I'm looking forward to do a lot of stuff before I get to see the new new content.
Yeah, except for certain things like the new classes (you can get those in Ul’dah with only having finished Realm Reborn/2.0). But good news, Heavensward is great.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member

You can buy a Heavensward main quest skip for like $25, otherwise, yeah, you have to do all the main Heavensward quests before you can access Stormblood. You can still access the two new classes, though, without going through all of that.

Armaros

Also if you want the new classes you only need 50 and HW to try them all out. (Including the HW classes)

Stormbood classes just need lvl 50 and are in uldah.

yami4ct

*Hops into a DRG theorycrafting channel*
*Instantly gets very confused*

Well, uhhhh. I'll just let the smart people figure all this out by the time I hit 70 anyway.

Luigi87

If you don't buy a skip potion, assuming you played up through 2.2 (which released March 2014), then you would have roughly 199 MSQ to complete to start Stormblood.

Squishy3

Huh, it didn't occur to me, but this "job guide" *might* be a rotation guide? So no more non tank stance tanks in df anymore? No more ice mages?
It's not going to stop that at all. Those people already had other resources to look at and it never stopped them before.

Leunam

Is the human warrior dude in that an actual character or just a Warrior of Light stand-in?

Warrior of Light stand in. People (still) call him Derplander, which always sounded obnoxious to, even though he does have a first and last name.

His first name is referenced somewhere as Meteor.

Kawngi

About to try this out to supplement WoW for my MMO fix. Feeling super overwhelmed looking at some of these resources :x

Warrior of Light stand in. People (still) call him Derplander, which always sounded obnoxious to, even though he does have a first and last name.

His first name is referenced somewhere as Meteor.

He's also doing double duty as
the Warrior of Darkness
now.

There's even a lore reason why
the Warrior of Darkness
looks the way he does.

iammeiam

Sooooo, Lily trait appears unchanged:

400 Secret of the Lily white mage 52
Grants a 50% or 100% chance that a Lily is added to your Healing Gauge upon the execution of Cure or Cure II on self or a party member while in combat. Lilies will lower the recast time for Asylum, Assize, Divine Benison, or Tetragrammaton by a percentage corresponding to the number of Lilies stacked at time of action execution (at which time the Lilies are removed).<br>1 Lily: 4%<br>2 Lilies: 10%<br>3 Lilies: 20%

This seems like it should have been a super easy Live Letter question to answer, given that the answer appears to be dealwithit.

About to try this out to supplement WoW for my MMO fix. Feeling super overwhelmed looking at some of these resources :x

It's designed to be a first-time-MMOers-MMO. It'll ease you in and you'll find a lot familiar.

This seems like a flawless addition to the PF. I see no flaws with this plan.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6hf8uk/you_can_now_filter_out_people_from_xpf_who_havent/

inb4 you can't join any PFs anymore if you don't clear content the first night because they are all locked out as previously cleared players only

Loooool

I feel I heard once YoshiP speak against something like this years ago...

This seems like it should have been a super easy Live Letter question to answer, given that the answer appears to be dealwithit.

Argueably, that was exactly the answer YoshiP gave us lol

Foxxsoxx

Wait so there is going to be another patch at launch or no?
Just downloaded a 5 gig patch from the launcher but that can't be it can it?

Squishy3

This seems like a flawless addition to the PF. I see no flaws with this plan.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6hf8uk/you_can_now_filter_out_people_from_xpf_who_havent/

inb4 you can't join any PFs anymore if you don't clear content the first night because they are all locked out as previously cleared players only
If people don't want bonus there's nothing wrong with weeding out people that haven't cleared to avoid those shitty situations where they join anyways and say nothing, wasting everyone's time and getting the rest of the party disbanded after a stupid wipe. If you want to join a farm party as someone that hasn't cleared the fight then you're the asshole, not the guy saying no first timers.

Armaros

That's ok, PF farm parties are bad anyway.

"[insert primal here] farm party no bonus"

4 people die to the first mechanic

I had to do the second Titan (hard) for MSQ.

One healer could not avoid landslides for the life of him and the other did not believe in medica, and tried to heal through raid AoEs with cure and cure II.

I just sat at my screen flabbergasted.

How they did even get past nid if they can't do titan hard after all this time.

The game does a really good job of easing you into the game, as most of the content you'll be doing while leveling is braindead simple. The nonsense only really begins to show its face when you start getting into the 8 and 24 man raids, and even then, mostly in the Savage difficulties. Like, most of the cause of failure in the 24 mans is down to people getting overly cocky and thinking that they can brute-force old content and ignoring mechanics. Or not knowing the mechanics, not speaking up, and deciding to wing it.

Don't worry, though, because the duty finder will constantly amuse you with new and innovative ways to wipe even when you think you've seen everything. It's half the fun of the game.

If people don't want bonus there's nothing wrong with weeding out people that haven't cleared to avoid those shitty situations where they join anyways and say nothing, wasting everyone's time and getting the rest of the party disbanded after a stupid wipe. If you want to join a farm party as someone that hasn't cleared the fight then you're the asshole, not the guy saying no first timers.

This is gonna make PF even a worse eltism tool than already is. It should be a way to help people clear content, not the contrary.

If you want farm parties get a static or a hardcore FC...

Alo0oy

Banned
I haven't played XIV since before Heavensward released, am I still in the GAF guild? I just bought Stormblood and the game is downloading.

Also, I feel like I forgot almost everything about the game and I need a refresher. If I remember correctly, my gear before I stopped playing was around i130 or something like that. Does the game have a way to refamiliarize yourself with it?

iammeiam

Raid Finder already made it possible to enforce no bonus, it just turned it into a witch hunt hoping somebody would own up to their own sneaking in. PF now just puts it up-front.

I dunno, for the most part getting the initial clear in PF has been doable for recent primals even weeks or months later, it just took time investment (although I think the worst was joining some random Zurvan PF a month+ in to help out and spending 4 hours rotating through people before we killed it, but we killed it.) Not being able to skip that step based on faith in one's own skill is I guess a bummer, but having a checkbox to flip between 'willing to wipe and help people' and 'dude I just need two more freaking tokens I am so done' in PF isn't horrible.

I haven't played XIV since before Heavensward released, am I still in the GAF guild? I just bought Stormblood and the game is downloading.

Also, I feel like I forgot almost everything about the game and I need a refresher. If I remember correctly, my gear before I stopped playing was around i130 or something like that. Does the game have a way to refamiliarize yourself with it?

Game doesn't but there are a lot of YouTube videos out to help you catch up. At work or I'd find a link for ya.

This is gonna make PF even a worse eltism tool than already is. It should be a way to help people clear content, not the contrary.

If you want farm parties get a static or a hardcore FC...
Uhh no, PF is a way to meet people with similar interests to clear content, not some community-led echo.

No one wants pissy, impatient people whining about wipes in a learning party.
No one wants people that have zero experience with the fight in a clear party.
No one wants people that haven't cleared in a party meant for farming.

Anything in between can be solved with communication. But don't go telling people are wrong because they want a specific experience. If you are dissatisfied with PF offerings make your own instead of expecting people to cater to your needs.

This doesn't make sense. Are you saying they shouldn't allow farming PFs?
If you want to clear content, join or make a learning PF without that option. It's simple.

Sooooo, Lily trait appears unchanged:

Welp, RIP hopes and dreams.

Halabane

The story skip is a potion you have to buy from the shop, but assuming you do buy it, it clears every story quest and unlocks everything related. It's still unclear what happens to quest rewards(like mounts and what not) although it's assumed you'll either get them, or tokens to buy them or whatever.

If you don't buy the story skip potion, then you still need to do all the story.

txs...interesting...not sure I would want to skip story arcs. Though it would be nice to skip the mandatory group stuff that I end up doing as a PUG. Which is often a PIA.

I had to do the second Titan (hard) for MSQ.

One healer could not avoid landslides for the life of him and the other did not believe in medica, and tried to heal through raid AoEs with cure and cure II.

I just sat at my screen flabbergasted.

How they did even get past nid if they can't do titan hard after all this time.

I actually had to do that Titan Hard for MSQ last night. I was amazed when it popped. I was less amazed when at the end the only people alive in my party were me, the PLD, and a WHM. Everyone else was off the arena.

The PLD was a sprout. No one else was. Yeah. He was cool too when someone said just switch to Sword Oath and let me tank Titan. That WHM was pretty awesome lol and somewhere after Titan's Heart I remembered the Mountain Busters pattern and we ended up one-shotting it that way. The 3 of us killed Titan from 40% to zero.

For those PS4 users affected with this error:

Fine whatever stupid image hosting doesn't wanna work today!

. SE just posted on their Facebook that if you get error CE-30022-7 error, that the only major fix is just reinstalling.

Armaros

I actually had to do that Titan Hard for MSQ last night. I was amazed when it popped. I was less amazed when at the end the only people alive in my party were me, the PLD, and a WHM. Everyone else was off the arena.

The PLD was a sprout. No one else was. Yeah. That WHM was pretty awesome lol and somewhere after Titan's Heart I remembered the Mountain Busters pattern and we ended up one-shotting it that way. The 3 of us killed Titan from 40% to zero.

You know in the last phase where Titan does his raid aoe slams after he does his ult? The remaining WHM tried to heal through it with cure and cure 2 and nothing else. All the DPS slowly got melted and then he died cause he was still single target healing and we just wiped twice that way.

We finally succeded when the other healer didn't die in the second landslide and we had proper raid healing during the last phase.

Ironically the DPS was overall fine and it was the healers. (I guess looking to speed through queues for the new classes)

This doesn't make sense. Are you saying they shouldn't allow farming PFs?
If you want to clear content, join or make a learning PF without that option. It's simple.

I'd say that without people who cleared the content a learning pf is destined to fall. HARD.

IMO PF has a purpose and is not farming parties.

If you are dissatisfied with PF offerings make your own instead of expecting people to cater to your needs.

Shouldn't this go both ways?

Top Bottom