• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Aeana

This is why I never use party finder. I just hope that I can form something via FC, and do my best to make it work. I don't enjoy putting up with party finder shenanigans.

plake

Hey GAF!

Sending our regards from Odin! It was a while ago we were as hyped as today with the launch of HW.

Myself, Lirion and Ravishan are on Odin and enjoy playing with people in the same time zone although we do miss you and our epic shenanigans. Take care and enjoy the launch!

/Dani Branford

iammeiam

None of the 3 warring triad fights, was less than 250ilvl these days on my server. Even Sephirot which drops 220ilvl weapons.

Even several 260ilvl pf easily.

Learning parties or bird farms? It'll vary between datacenter, but learning party iLevels have usually stayed sane. Farm is a different thing, and the more 'casual' a party leader is the higher the iLevel will usually climb for that extra padding. Bird farms are this weird black hole of nobody is ever going to be happy, though, and even those are usually at 'casual' gear levels. 250 is stupidly high for clearing Sephirot, but this late into the gear cycle is also kind of a functional "are you actually bothering to gear whatever you're gonna show up on?"/"kill him before the mechanics happen because I don't remember how they worked"

I dunno, I just know that I had no problem getting into Sophia learning parties at i235-ish despite being on a server where I knew, at the time, nobody.

Gnomist

About to try this out to supplement WoW for my MMO fix. Feeling super overwhelmed looking at some of these resources :x

It's designed to be a first-time-MMOers-MMO. It'll ease you in and you'll find a lot familiar.

Despite this there are plenty of features/content locked behind quests that are easy to miss. If you're brand new to FFXIV (or used to how WoW would announce when features become available) I'd recommend using this page as a helper to keep track of all the elements of the game you'll have available to you:

https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content

Perhaps someone here knows of a better or more up-to-date list, but that one should be fine. In general you will want to treat this like a single player Final Fantasy and make sure to focus on all Main Story and Job quests. Those will unlock the bulk of the game's content for you. Have fun!

Alo0oy

Banned
I hate how the game downloads in-app, I want to play something else while it downloads 22Gigs. I was excited when I downloaded the game, only to be greeted with another big ass download that blocks me from using my PS4.

Redhood

This story is what I did. I trained for Nidhogg extreme but was having a really bad luck with parties. I secretly joined a clear for a friend party not disclosing that I had also not cleared it. We cleared it in third try with me only dying once in final phase of second attempt.

I think this checkbox doesn't change anything. People usually avoid the no bonus parties. This is just one way to enforce it. There will still be plenty of clear for friend and training parties and I feel this will not change anything except give people in farming parties the peace of mind that only people who have cleared the content once can join (regardless of their skill level)

Shahed

that ilvl was reachable by people who didnt raid in alexander. getting gobtwines and coats was possible thanks to the 24 man raids and from hunts.
Not in the first week that came out. Unless they Hunted their life away, they'd onky be able to upgrade one piece from the 24 man, and maybe one more from Hunts. If you raised the ilevel to 265 on week to it would scale with that

This is why I never use party finder. I just hope that I can form something via FC, and do my best to make it work. I don't enjoy putting up with party finder shenanigans.

I found a charming spanish FC in Ragnarok, is quite empty but seems some people will come back for SB. Otherwise once I had to deal PF shanenigans I would have stopped playing in just a few weeks.

Even more now that they are making it worse.

Learning parties or bird farms? It'll vary between datacenter, but learning party iLevels have usually stayed sane. Farm is a different thing, and the more 'casual' a party leader is the higher the iLevel will usually climb for that extra padding. Bird farms are this weird black hole of nobody is ever going to be happy, though, and even those are usually at 'casual' gear levels. 250 is stupidly high for clearing Sephirot, but this late into the gear cycle is also kind of a functional "are you actually bothering to gear whatever you're gonna show up on?"/"kill him before the mechanics happen because I don't remember how they worked"

I dunno, I just know that I had no problem getting into Sophia learning parties at i235-ish despite being on a server where I knew, at the time, nobody.

Is EU datacenter, not sure how hardcore it is, since I just came here some weeks ago.

But yeah, the 250ilvl number was for clear parties.

Thorgal

Hey GAF!

Sending our regards from Odin! It was a while ago we were as hyped as today with the launch of HW.

Myself, Lirion and Ravishan are on Odin and enjoy playing with people in the same time zone although we do miss you and our epic shenanigans. Take care and enjoy the launch!

/Dani Branford

once Servers go live come give my FC a visit :p

MI6 Goblet ward 1 lot 30 ( or 31? can't remember :p)

Foxxsoxx

I hate how the game downloads in-app, I want to play something else while it downloads 22Gigs. I was excited when I downloaded the game, only to be greeted with another big ass download that blocks me from using my PS4.

Yeah it's annoying as hell but I don't think the devs really have any way around it. Otherwise their updates would be relegated to delayed official patches.

Luigi87

Even though I'm working through HW, all the hype for SB's release makes me really, really want to play right now, lol

Assuming no log-in issues tomorrow, I'll definitely be playing before work.

Alo0oy

Banned
Yeah it's annoying as hell but I don't think the devs really have any way around it. Otherwise their updates would be relegated to delayed official patches.

I wouldn't mind waiting an extra day or two for the really big and important patches like expansions.

I wanted to play something on my day off after rarely touching my PS4 over the past few weeks.

* Due to the large amount of data, the patch will be split into multiple parts. If you have already downloaded the patch prior the date and time listed above, please login to the game client at a later time and make sure you have downloaded the most recent patch.

How many chunks of download are we supose to get 2? 3?

Why don't you tell us the actual number!!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I believe all the patches are already out. 6.1gb total.
What's in /ex2/ folder is about the same size as HW was at launch.

KanameYuuki

Huh so it seems active time maneuvers will be more prominent, I'm kinda glad, liked that really small one about jumping out of the ship, I may be one of the few people that has no problem what so ever with QTE.

I'm a bit sad that Monk got no love, Sure chakras are finally going to be somewhat more usable but it is still a really boring mechanic, at least I never felt bad because I don't raid at all and when doing content I knew I was doing damn good numbers but they are nerfing most of their basic skills, I feel I'll just end up giving up on that class and just be a SAM as DPS class since they are now the new and actual selfish cannons.

Huh so it seems active time maneuvers will be more prominent, I'm kinda glad, liked that really small one about jumping out of the ship, I may be one of the few people that has no problem what so ever with QTE.

I did that one, it was pretty cool, but don't you have like 3-4 seconds to push the button? Is much less in savage or somethin?

studyguy

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng ads pls
wXFxEsR.jpg

Jijidasu

Nice OP. Bunch of resources (such as the fishing one) I had no idea about lol.

Might take a moment to drop some information here for people living in Japan or other Asian regions who are looking for a FC/LS to play with. A number of JGAF play on Durandal and we're always open to new members. We're small in number and while only a handful of us are active year-round, with a better roster we could effectively begin routine activities. We also have a Japanese FC and side-LS for those who can communicate in Japanese.

So, if anyone is looking for a new home, now is an especially good time as there is going to be a world-shift program with great benefits for moving to underpopulated worlds. Durandal isn't confirmed as one of the target worlds but we wouldn't be surprised if it was.

(I'm at work right now and will not be able to check the thread often but in the off chance this piques someone's interest, drop me a PM!)

Just a quick update for everyone who likes cheap and readily available housing plots; Durandal has been officially listed as an option for transfers from congested worlds.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hmm there are 2 very different chain stratagems in the game now
Increases rate at which target takes critical hits by 15%Duration: 15s

Increases target's damage taken by 10%Duration: 6sAdditional Effect: Reduces Aetherflowrecast time by 5sAetherflow Gauge Cost: 1

iammeiam

Increases target's damage taken by 10%Duration: 6sAdditional Effect: Reduces Aetherflowrecast time by 5sAetherflow Gauge Cost: 1

PVE vs PVP; PVP overall is just eliminating crit entirely so that has to function differently.

Also the second one appears in the skill list next to the 25% PVP Benison.

Allard

One is likely PvP.

Top Bottom