• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

grimmiq

Still not sure what kind of answer you're looking for. If you want to know whether they're strong, they are. Great damage, good utility, a rotation that's very difficult to completely mess up. They're probably going to be a very strong pick for progression raiding. They do well in dungeons too. Their AoE isn't absurd but they hold on really well.

Keep in mind that next week's patch will be a balance patch so it's kind of difficult to pass judgement right now. What's true today may not be next Tuesday.

To be honest I've had a RDM in every single Omega party when I farmed it today. I even got 4 in an O4!

Cool thanks, Going to finish leveling my RDM and gear it up ASAP..then pray they don't nerf it too hard without buffing DRG.

ebil

Well, I mean, around 20% of RDM's damage is piercing damage, so I kind of hope they fix DRG! :p

(And I hope WAR gets some love as well, otherwise I'll be asked to come NIN)

Watcher

I just downloaded the steam demo last night and looking to make my journey into this whole MMO thing. Looking forward to playing with some GAFfers

Omega speculation

I hope they add Kefka as a boss. That's one boss in particular I would like to see them recreate in FFXIV.

That ascending tower of bosses along with a Soken rendition of Dancing Mad culminating with Kefka himself at the top.

Just got menagerie in the primal roulette, was not expecting that during remote play lunchtime FF lol.

With the job reworks, which healer is generally considered the easiest to pick up right now? I'm main melee DPS but feel like switching up.

ebil

Just got menagerie in the primal roulette, was not expecting that during remote play lunchtime FF lol.

With the job reworks, which healer is generally considered the easiest to pick up right now? I'm main melee DPS but feel like switching up.
White Mage is still the easiest healer to pick up and play. Straightforward, potent, almost infinite MP, no card minigame to distract you.

Xux

Hagakure's kind of exhausting. Just when I was getting kinda bored with SAM, it's, like, want your decent AoE to be a bit more decent? Breakdance like a crazy samurai, samurai!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
going by the conversation with Lord Doome who didn't 90k, I lost on a V2 piece with a winning roll, because I ended up 90k'd out because we were waiting so long because a healer who was DC'd the whole fight hadn't rolled yet. Rolled a 95, guy who won the lens rolled a 77.

Game was barely playable after I got back in, and now calling it a night. DDoS won tonight.

Kremzeek

We just bombed out on Coeurl.

Everyone had D/C symbols over their head in Rhalgrs Reach, people teleporting everywhere, takes 20 seconds to get off your mount.

I'm 3 quests away from finishing up 3.5part 2 and got dc'd in cutscene thanks to the ddos. Luckily not even mad, I needed to stop for the night haha.

I'll have a level 66 DRK when I hit stormblood. IDK if that's a good or a bad thing but once I hit 70 I'll just switch to my 60 Pld or start finally leveling up my first DPS class rdm.

Grisby

Installed Stormy Blood. Splash screen is that derp knight dude fixing to throwdown with this blonde reddish girl.

Awwww man, What's going onz. All aboard the Mystery INC mobile.

royox

I feel like such a twat watching story cutscenes in dungeons when everybody else is clearly just wanting to get on with their Duty Roulette done with lol.

Don't. They (we) are getting a bonus for that. More exp, more Tomestones and Wondrous Trails points if there's a new person.

So if I have a friend purchase base FF14, make a mogstation account, use the ff14 game code, and then use my referral code I'll get 5 gold chocobo feathers and they'll get friendship circlet, aether tickets and silver chocobo tickers still right? Or was that a limited time thing.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Finally hopped into this after a week away at a conference.

I'd be having fun if it wasn't for the incessant 9002 errors, I thought they would have had it fixed by this point.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Quest chains

God tier:
GSM
BSM

Decent tier:
WVR
CUL
ALC
LTW

Crap tier:
ASM
CRP

Thorgal

It needs to be really due to it's lack of utility. Damage is all Sam brings to the table

Lower that damage any and Sam would be relegated to monk 3.0 status.

Baleoce

Surprised at how quick I got my armourer from 53-60 with just the moogle dailies. Really useful as a catchup while also going for that mount.

KuroNeeko

Just curious but do you guys feel like the title of ultimate support class goes to RDM now over BRD?

Seems like they just have more utility and DPS.

Just curious but do you guys feel like the title of ultimate support class goes to RDM now over BRD?

Not really. RDM's support stuff is a bit more situational than BRD. The only thing RDM has that BRD doesn't is a raise - and a heal but then again Minne kinda counts? - but RDM should only be raising people in if both healers can't do it.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

I wouldn't think so.

Being able to ressurect people just like every Summoner/Astrologian/Scholar/White Mage in the game while occasionally casting a curing spell isn't my definition of a "Support Job".

MrHoot

Damn, I really like the Susano and Lakshmi fight but them having to pop up every time on the trial roulette is just draining. These fights are way too long and I don't get how so many people, at that level, still get caught so often in very obvious telegraphed attacks. Just wasted 50 mins on Susano and had to abandon cuz the healer kept dying. And everytime this fight just takes forever as Susano is such a damage sponge

Makikou

Damn, I really like the Susano and Lakshmi fight but them having to pop up every time on the trial roulette is just draining. These fights are way too long and I don't get how so many people, at that level, still get caught so often in very obvious telegraphed attacks. Just wasted 50 mins on Susano and had to abandon cuz the healer kept dying. And everytime this fight just takes forever as Susano is such a damage sponge

I've done trial roulette pretty much every day since launch and haven't gotten any of the new trials even once :'D

Sorian

Banned
Not really. RDM's support stuff is a bit more situational than BRD. The only thing RDM has that BRD doesn't is a raise - and a heal but then again Minne kinda counts? - but RDM should only be raising people in if both healers can't do it.

Why? RDM should always be raising unless it is going to MP starve them. Unlimited swift casts.

Top Bottom