• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

LordKasual

Banned
So yes I still feel that a RDM shouldn't be wasting their own MP and GCD to help the Healer out for whatever reason but at the end of the day I will end up doing it because I'm always wearing the Mentor Status so I will act the part.... except when I'm playing with my in real life friends.

You are not helping the healer, you are helping the raid

nobody cares about your MP or GCDs, if the party fails a DPS check, or the healers fall behind, or the tanks can't do mechanics, we're ALL going to die. And if YOU could have prevented it, then it's just as much your fault as the people who fucked up.

What you describe is the difference between a "good" RDM and a "bad" one. You should have rolled Black Mage or something where you didn't have to worry about the responsibility. Your mindset for raiding seems a bit skewed.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I mean, play RDM as you want to play, it's a very "customizable" experience. Yes, backing up the healer really shouldn't be necessary on 4 player dungeons (and I'm not sure on 24 player raids because I haven't waited long enough to queue one yet).

Just that the whole premise behind it (and the overall history of the job) was a mix between "black and white magic." It's a mix/support job. If it's just about the DPS, BLM uses almost all the same gear as RDM.

It should be ~5 ilvl higher than omega normal. I wonder if this tier will have faust that slaps down all of the dreams of people who thought they waned to raid.
I don't think so since none of the NM Delta floors has any trash.

Unless they add a Savage version of that story duty instance where you had to kill boxes and monitors, that is

The real problem is how unattentive and unaware players in general are that raises can even be a point of contention and that these days healers outright demand that the group would save LB3 for them in case DPS start to die to trivial mechanics because they don't trust themselves to keep the party up or situations where healers actually expect SMN and RDM to raise before them - to the point of outright standing there and not raising people, or trying to raise people through mechanics going on and getting other people killed and basically talking about optimization of mana really is quite silly where people should start by optimizing their brains.

Another reason why I don't like to raise is that healers are usually unprepared for it! A guy gets up and healers don't even throw a cure their way. Well that was a nice waste of my time, thanks for playing. I do raise healers themselves though.

In WoW raise isn't a commodity and only specific classes have battle raise which aren't even always healers. That makes you treat dying as something really inconvenient and it means you can't just roll your face against mechanics and expect healers or casters to raise you.

And I don't wanna hear "working with the team" as an argument because people coming into your DF aren't thinking about working with the team. they treat you as disposables while doing pathetic performance and just going for loot, because the game is designed that way. I am a firm believer that it's better to cause a wipe and make people learn something through mistakes than to raisebomb through encounter with your face and leave that one bard with a thought that they did nothing wrong.

This isn't to say RDM should never raise. It just shouldn't be pushed as any kind of priority to make DPS raise over healers because healers right now (except for scholar) are basking in MP and free time.
Well, I wish.
You say that has though you have to raise the moment I toss you a raise. If I raise you and you decide to accept the raise right before Susanoo does his raid wide AoE don't get huffy at me because you died just before I was able to lustrate, Essential Dignity, or benediction IF I even had it ready at that moment you got up.

Speaking for myself I am typically the healer that is sure to top the rezzed person off immediately and recast protect on them but I do note a some other healers do not do this.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
You say that has you you have to raise the moment I toss you a raise. If I raise you and you decide to accept the raise right before Susanoo does his raid wide AoE don't get huffy at me because you died just before I was able to lustrate, Essential Dignity, or benediction IF I even had it ready at that moment you got up.

Speaking for myself I am typical the healer that is sure to top the rezzed person off and recast protect on them but I do note a lot of other healers do not do this.

I'm sure you do that but I've seen quite a good number of healers that don't even notice RDM just raised a party member and the guy goes for a good chunk of time without healing.

LordKasual

Banned
The real problem is how unattentive and unaware players in general are that raises can even be a point of contention and that these days healers outright demand that the group would save LB3 for them in case DPS start to die to trivial mechanics because they don't trust themselves to keep the party up or situations where healers actually expect SMN and RDM to raise before them - to the point of outright standing there and not raising people, or trying to raise people through mechanics going on and getting other people killed and basically talking about optimization of mana really is quite silly where people should start by optimizing their brains.

Another reason why I don't like to raise is that healers are usually unprepared for it! A guy gets up and healers don't even throw a cure their way. Well that was a nice waste of my time, thanks for playing. I do raise healers themselves though.

And I don't wanna hear "working with the team" as an argument because people coming into your DF aren't thinking about working with the team. they treat you as disposables while doing pathetic performance and just going for loot, because the game is designed that way. I am a firm believer that it's better to cause a wipe and make people learn something through mistakes than to raisebomb through encounter with your face and leave that one bard with a thought that they did nothing wrong.

This isn't to say RDM should never raise. It just shouldn't be pushed as any kind of priority to make DPS raise over healers because healers right now (except for scholar) are basking in MP and free time.

Jesus Christ this is bad

1) how is any of this the healer's fault explicitly

2) there are so many reasons why a freshly raised member might die immediately afterwards, but again, this isn't always the healer's fault at all, and the problem is only greatly exacerbated if the healer used their own MP to raise

You and that other guy sound like the kind of people that made me quit League of Legends.

"I didn't do anything wrong, it was that guy, i shouldn't have to help the team, what is this a team game, fuck you how about I just make us all die then lulz"

No one's saying that though? Priority should always be healers if they can ress, I just expect RDMs to pick people up if neither healer is able to for whatever reason.

Hell, my group's RDM is super eager to ress people to the point I need to tell him to chill.

Berordn

I'm sure you do that but I've seen quite a good number of healers that don't even notice RDM just raised a party member and the guy goes for a good chunk of time without healing.

Or it could be they can't drop everything to heal them just yet either.

Ressing them is appreciated, but it also helps if the person being ressed does so at a good moment - IE not when a raidwide AOE is about to hit.

Crosseyes

Banned
That Xenos state of the realm podcast episode is... yikes.

Xenos strikes me as cut of the same cloth as hard core Trump supporters. Accepting that people call him toxic and elitist when by his own admission sometimes you just gotta call people retards in party finder for how bad they suck.

IvorB

Or it could be they can't drop everything to heal them just yet either.

Ressing them is appreciated, but it also helps if the person being ressed does so at a good moment - IE not when a raidwide AOE is about to hit.

Well, if someone accepts the raise and doesn't move after raising they are invulnerable for a brief window. I don't know how long that window is though.

royox

*Begins casting Verraise*

In all seriousness thou how I feel about the Red Mage and how I actually play as one are two different things. As an example I think all the Ranged DPS and Casters who love to stay out of my AoE Heals and Buffs every time I play as an Astrologian should be left to die without heals but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop reviving it healing them even if I feel I have the right to do so.

So yes I still feel that a RDM shouldn't be wasting their own MP and GCD to help the Healer out for whatever reason but at the end of the day I will end up doing it because I'm always wearing the Mentor Status so I will act the part.... except when I'm playing with my in real life friends.

I use vercure on me as if it was my defensive CD and some instant cures to pary members with very low HP that could die with any random whole raid aoe damage because I like feeling I'm usefull to the group and RDM was supposed to be a mix between black and white so whynot?

But we are expected to instant-verraise someone if he dies (better losing a bit of dps than half the healing) and give MP to our comrades if they need it.

Luminaire

Xenos strikes me as cut of the same cloth as hard core Trump supporters. Accepting that people call him toxic and elitist when by his own admission sometimes you just gotta call people retards in party finder for how bad they suck.
I haven't listened to it yet. Will today, not sure what to expect.

Pls make Merri permanent member 5ever kthx

It's best to ignore everything Xenos has to say beyond job/fight guides
Well, if someone accepts the raise and doesn't move after raising they are invulnerable for a brief window. I don't know how long that window is though.
You can move, you lose the invlunerability when you do any action or 9 seconds have passed.

iammeiam

And I don't wanna hear "working with the team" as an argument because people coming into your DF aren't thinking about working with the team. they treat you as disposables while doing pathetic performance and just going for loot, because the game is designed that way. I am a firm believer that it's better to cause a wipe and make people learn something through mistakes than to raisebomb through encounter with your face and leave that one bard with a thought that they did nothing wrong

This mindset is why the OT constantly turns into "Tales of How Primals in PF Are Constant Suffering."

Seriously every single time the thread goes on a tear about how impossible clearing in PF is, I go join a random clear party to see if things have gotten worse. They haven't. People die to the same dumb stuff as always, tanks fail the same things, healers panic at the same spot, whatever. The key is literally making sure everyone thinks of mistakes as "How do we recover?" and not "X fucked up. We are going to wipe and it is his fault. PF is awful and full of people fucking up and this is impossible unless everyone else stops fucking up."

Which means, heals, sometimes you keep things rolling so the potato bard who can't jump rope doesn't trash the run. But what actually happens is people realize this stuff isn't that hard. It's recoverable. The group moves from finger pointing and failure cascading every mistake to trying to actually get past it. The DPS is still PF DPS. The tanks still occasionally forget to cooldown. But they fuck up less, it dies. They farm, they get better.

This isn't even the RDM thing at this point, it's basic how2approach PUGs and how to make the community better instead of just crankier. People learn to work together when you make it an actual group effort. When it's just force wiping and finger pointing, people don't even understand the context of what is happening half the time. Nobody ever comes to the OT with tales of how I couldn't farm a primal because I couldn't handle the situation, it's always how bad everyone else is.

You fix that by helping people see shit is recoverable and getting them to think about what they can do differently.

None of it applies to statics but, seriously, people never blame themselves for things going to hell. Forcing a wipe isn't going to change that; forcing a recovery has a chance to actually improve how people approach the fight in future runs.

chogidogs

Healing is a 0-100 life real quick at times.

Everything is fine, everyone is dodging things fine.

...One dps just died, that's fine easy reez, top them off and protect and let's continue on.

Two dps died at the same time because they didn't dodge the AoE and got killed by the raid wide damage. Oh no my swift cast isn't ready to rez one of them. Oh GOD the MT has 3K HP after that tank buster, oh shit AoE, oh shit my hp is low, oh shit raid wide damage is coming gotta heal, oh shit gotta time my AoE heal right so I can run from AoE at the last second to make sure everyone else doesn't die. oh damn I got hit and died.

"WOW WAY TO FUCK UP HEALER!"

"..."

Things get more interesting when a tank is the one to fuck up because suddenly the boss turned around and decided to cleave/decapitate you.

Yeah, the whole play-your-class-right is really intimidating as someone who just finished the MSQ and is looking at Omega right now.

I just learned how to use most of my skills by the end of Royal Menagerie. I don't want to get yelled at for "not playing my class right" by someone how has high/narrow expectations. I'm anxious enough trying to keep up with everybody. Maybe at a certain point I'd probably won't bother especially when I can just play another game that doesn't stress me out as much.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
As a SMN, I consider raising to be my job. If people are dying, chances are good that the healers have other stuff to be dealing with.

Probably my FFXI SMN habits kicking back in.

Luminaire

Oh god it gets worse. "Man I love jumping in premades and we just rape kids til' they leave, butthurt and bleeding."

People... wanted this guy!?
Ok, pausing the 90k episode of Mogtalk. (OMG Arthys is so god damn funny when he's mad. He sounds like a very angry Korean mother and it's beautiful.) Time to listen now to the Xeno train wreck.

Gunblade47

Neo Member
Honestly this is like the old 2.0 bard song "discussion" all over again.

A good player knows what to do. A new player learns what to do in time. A bad player refuses to learn.

If you're not helping your team when they need it because you think too highly of yourself for such petty tasks then you're just a dead weight holding everyone else back. Including that dps that died to an AoE.

Admitting to personal fucks up is hard yo, but I fuck up a lot too shit.

I've fucked up a handful of Susanoo runs because I was the guy who directed the lightning bolt right up the safe zone and got everyone killed or I wasn't smart with my healing and MP management and was out of mana and the other healer got stressed during a healing intensive part of the fight. Things happen, just learn from them and move on.

Luminaire

If you're an RDM and refuse to raise a healer or tank because muh deeps, you're a bad RDM.
I treat RDM raises as a privilege and not a right. If swift is down for both us healers and damage phases are coming up, or MP is an issue assuming disaster is striking, I'll ask the RDM to raise if they can spare the mana. Of course that's with our RDM who is happy to help. I'd never expect it from a PF/DF RDM, but if they do, they'll get my comm/thanks for helping.

studyguy

I FUCK UP ALL THE TIME.
In fact it'd be faster to name the times I didn't fuck up.

Doesn't mean you still can't clear content in this game.

I mean at one point I was dying more at enrage than actual mechanics at susano. When you enrage at 30%, is not the time to ask "how we can recover from this?" Is a matter of people need to stop dying. We can recover from people dying eating thunders or badly placing clouds or whatever mechanics. The problem now is that ppl needs to do mechanics semidecently or we enrage. So at that point, pointing fingers is not a bad idea, even if I'm normally contrary to the idea.

Of course there's the mean way of do it (You suck, git gud scrub) or the correct way (Hey Mr X, you need some explanation from certain mechanics?, cuz you're dying a lot)

The problem I saw a lot of times is that people never stopped to ask those questions, not even "hey, we're failing a lot in this mechanic, should we go over it again?", ppl after a wipe would just go again instantly ubtil ppl just starts leaving the pt...

More often than not people know the mechanics but they tunnel hard and put themselves into shitty positions. You can't really teach people how to pay attention to thunder markers or to be aware of Line of Safety placement during Line + Churning so they can be in position before line goes off.

iammeiam

I mean at one point I was dying more at enrage than actual mechanics at susano. When you enrage at 30%, is not the time to ask "how we can recover from this?" Is a matter of people need to stop dying. We can recover from people dying eating thunders or badly placing clouds or whatever mechanics. The problem now is that ppl needs to do mechanics semidecently or we enrage. So at that point, pointing fingers is not a bad idea, even if I'm normally contrary to the idea.

In my experience it takes roughly two enrages for the group to start talking things out; getting to enrage is key so people stop trying to make it a tank or healer issue. We got you to the end. It's not working. What now? Most of the time, it works. People realize what is actually causing deaths--it's not the initial electrocuition, usually, it's the second hit. So they start popping a self heal if they can't get a dedicated heal for reeasons, and start surviving. They talk out churn+knockback. Not every group succeeds, but once the actual end problem--that it can't be healed around or solved by tanks pushing damage a little harder, people just need to stop dying--becomes obvious, people deal with it.

Not every party I've joined clears, and occasionally you do have to have The Talk about specific people failing specific mechanics, but my success rate seems to be freakishly high and generally people leave the parties better equipped to actually get shit done than they started.

wamberz1

More often than not people know the mechanics but they tunnel hard and put themselves into shitty positions. You can't really teach people how to pay attention to thunder markers or to be aware of Line of Safety placement during Line + Churning so they can be in position before line goes off.
I get really good result telling people to spread out so they can tell if they got the marker more easily or not. If someone is still having problems I'll place them right near the rift so they can hop it easier.

One good thing about playing tank is everyone assumes you know what you're doing and listens, lol. All about that soccer coach life

BlackJace

ft9cC25.jpg

Oh sure, sure, no problem.

I get really good result telling people to spread out so they can tell if they got the marker more easily or not. If someone is still having problems I'll place them right near the rift so they can hop it easier.

One good thing about playing tank is everyone assumes you know what you're doing and listens, lol. All about that soccer coach life
In farm parties I just start moving myself even if I don't have the marker and usually move a bit alongside me thinking its the other thunder phase. More often than not this gets the thunder player to notice their marker and get to the other side in time.

Thanks Pavlov

wamberz1

WTB mod to turn Dark Arts sound effect off

With how much you use it now it's driving me insane

WRRERUUU WRRERUUU WRRERUUU WRRERUUU WRRERUUU

ebil

Yesterday's O3: both healers die to a late Spellblade Holy, I rez them both with a Vercure on the tank in between, then die to whatever, group finally clears on what would have been a wipe, with me dead for about two minutes. I'll take that utility (I would have taken the commendations and a Raise too, but alas).

Baliis

I treat RDM raises as a privilege and not a right. If swift is down for both us healers and damage phases are coming up, or MP is an issue assuming disaster is striking, I'll ask the RDM to raise if they can spare the mana. Of course that's with our RDM who is happy to help. I'd never expect it from a PF/DF RDM, but if they do, they'll get my comm/thanks for helping.

If the RDM can't spare the mp they've done something horribly wrong. I've done fights with 7-8 raises without mp issues. Unless the fight is nonstop casting, I've had times where lucid dreaming comes back off CD and I still have like 90% left.

That said, I never get comms for raises anyways. No love for DPS

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

It's always an interesting time to see how people react by expressing conflicting opinions on how a player should or shouldn't play the game but despite my narrowed minded opinions on the community and the Job roles as a whole I wouldn't ever act on them (I never said I wasn't a hypocrite) because doing so would be a detriment to the in game community and it would contradict my status as a Mentor that I wear in the game but in my opinion people are free to play however they want and are free to make their own mistakes while doing so.

I don't like to call out other players on their performance or how incorrectly they are doing things. The only thing I can do on my part is provide assistance when I'm being asked,provide information when the opportunity arises or at the very least properly try to perform adequately on whatever Job I'm using at the time so I won't have other players comment negatively on my performance.

So yes Healers I will always Mana Shift your way every time I see your MP drop below 60%,I will try to beat you to the punch and Resurrect someone before you get a chance to do so,I will help you recover MP/TP as a Bard,go ahead and make as many mistakes as you want I will always try my best to keep alive with healing or Resurrect you as much as possible until I run out of MP every time I'm playing as an Astrologian,need help with some content? I will try to drop whatever I'm doing so to help you out. I'm a Mentor such behavior is expected from me and you won't ever hear me complaining in-game for doing so and at the very least I have never heard anybody complain about my performance from anyone in the GAF FC.

Luminaire

If the RDM can't spare the mp they've done something horribly wrong. I've done fights with 7-8 raises without mp issues. Unless the fight is nonstop casting, I've had times where lucid dreaming comes back off CD and I still have like 90% left.

That said, I never get comms for raises anyways. No love for DPS
I haven't played RDM yet so I've never really known their MP economy. It's good to know it shouldn't be an issue!

scy

Yeah, the whole play-your-class-right is really intimidating as someone who just finished the MSQ and is looking at Omega right now.

I just learned how to use most of my skills by the end of Royal Menagerie. I don't want to get yelled at for "not playing my class right" by someone how has high/narrow expectations. I'm anxious enough trying to keep up with everybody. Maybe at a certain point I'd probably won't bother especially when I can just play another game that doesn't stress me out as much.

This may fall on deaf ears in the midst of most of this conversation going on but the true secret to a lot of content in the game is that this applies to most random people. This isn't to say "trust yourself for being better than everyone else!" since that's what leads into the whole "everyone else is the problem" behavior in the first place but accept you're not perfect, accept that others aren't perfect, and go from there on trying to improve.

I FUCK UP ALL THE TIME.
In fact it'd be faster to name the times I didn't fuck up.

I don't think I can go a minute into any given pull in my logs without wondering why I'm a massive pile of failure.

My take on people is less how good or bad they are in terms of performance but how good or bad their outlook on their performance is; the worst thing I can think of for anyone to do is to be 'finished' on self-improvement.

Yesterday's O3: both healers die to a late Spellblade Holy, I rez them both with a Vercure on the tank in between, then die to whatever, group finally clears on what would have been a wipe, with me dead for about two minutes. I'll take that utility (I would have taken the commendations too, but alas).

Did you forget to frog. I bet it was the frog.

Ultimately for DF/PF, it's 'whatever it takes to clear' since that's the big goal. I've gotten to the point with DF/PF that my comms are pretty much strictly on what utility I remember seeing happen and not anything to do with like ... actual performance.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

The only time I've turned State of the Realm off early. The guy sounds like a giant asshole.

Stuart444

On the RDM conversation:

I've been rezzing a lot as RDM as it helps if healers are strained (from so many deaths/avoidable dmg eaten by the others) or if so many have died that their swiftcasts are used up.

Only issue is after 2 rezzes, it's easy to become mp starved and if lucid is down, rip. I'll of course prioritize rezzing any healers so they can help if more than one dps is dead.

I had to do multiple chain rezzing in V2 because the tank tanked the boss over the tentacle and many of us didn't notice that it was the one not moving until it was too late, a healer and all dps got hit. I was the only one who survived.

Raise healer -> raise dps -> lucid -> wait a tick or two -> Raise second dps while a healer raises the third dps.

The other healer who didn't get hit didn't bother to raise (at least until I had done most of the work) as if they expected a wipe.

I got no commendations ;_;

Still after 2 rezzes with 3000+ mp per rez, it's easy to become starved for mp I find. Still if you're an RDM who can raise or act as a healer (temp) then do so, adjust to your party. It's a team effort and if you can cover until someone gets back on their feet do so.

See a healer who has used their swiftcast on one dps while a second dps is down? Raise that dps for them. No reason not to unless you're low on mp.

See 2 healers down? Raise one and then chaincast vercure on the tank (if they need the heals) until the healer gets back on their feet.

Ideally you shouldn't have to but in a random PF or DF group, you should always be ready to adjust :)

Luminaire

The only time I've turned State of the Realm off early. The guy sounds like a giant asshole.
About 40 mins into it currently. Not a nightmare so far but some cringey stuff has been said. He does have some good points about WAR and how it needs to change, but he really needs to find words other than "shit", "rape", and "retard".

One thing that has always bothered me about Xeno is how his voice, tone, and attitude shift dramatically from one sentence to the next. One moment he sounds like a cool, calm, collected, laid back guy. The next he sounds like a hyperactive angry nerd fanboy who struggles with human interaction. I do like how Sly and Happy are giving him shit and trying to keep the train rolling.

Baliis

I haven't played RDM yet so I've never really known their MP economy. It's good to know it shouldn't be an issue!

Just glancing at a Susano video I have, over 8 mins into the fight when my LD comes off CD I'm still sitting at like 11500mp. I think the BRD in the group may have been helping with that, but idk

Lakshmi is pretty similar, I use after LD after the first Divine Doubt (no idea why, I was already at full mp) and at the next Divine Doubt when it comes off CD I still have about 10k left, 70% ish.

Atolm

Can't wait for Savage. Right now I have nothing to do. I don't have the patience to farm doges, my crafters are all 70 already and making me good amounts of money just by checking them twice a day, and I'm too lazy to bother with leveling a DPS with such queues. I've been trying with PvP a while but I get bored after a few rounds.

/spoiled child rant

Stuart444

Just glancing at a Susano video I have, over 8 mins into the fight when my LD comes off CD I'm still sitting at like 11500mp. I think the BRD in the group may have been helping with that, but idk

Lakshmi is pretty similar, I use after LD after the first Divine Doubt (no idea why, I was already at full mp) and at the next Divine Doubt when it comes off CD I still have about 10k left, 70% ish.

I probably should be using Lucid more but I've almost trained myself to save it since some tanks don't try hard enough to keep enmity from me and I need to pop lucid >.> (and this is in higher level dungeon/content)

Hell, I've used it more than I probably should during the add phase in Lak EX because some tanks just let me tank it/gave up or something. (though I started moving to different adds now whenever i get yellow enmity which helps)

But yeah, raises costing over 3000mp, having to raise 2 or 3 people can starve me, even more so if my LD is on CD. :(

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
In a perfect world you wouldn't have to raise, but this isn't a perfect world. A perfect world a healer wouldn't have to raise either, or it come to the point where a RDM is needed to raise, but it happens. You were given this utility for a reason. If you need to alert the healers that you are raising someone, setup a macro with a message and sound effect.

I don't think I can go a minute into any given pull in my logs without wondering why I'm a massive pile of failure.

My take on people is less how good or bad they are in terms of performance but how good or bad their outlook on their performance is; the worst thing I can think of for anyone to do is to be 'finished' on self-improvement.

I think you might be too analytical for your own good. I can't do all the number crunching you normally do in games.

Baliis

Tbh I don't ever call people out in game, but I wish people would utilize what the game provides you more. SSS isn't the best way to see if you're doing enough damage, but as RDM at least I could get the Lakshmi and Susano one down with just the verity gear no problem. People going into Ex primals doing sub 2k do, it should be really obvious you're doing something inherently wrong when you fail SSS with like 25+% left.

I probably should be using Lucid more but I've almost trained myself to save it since some tanks don't try hard enough to keep enmity from me and I need to pop lucid >.> (and this is in higher level dungeon/content)

Hell, I've used it more than I probably should during the add phase in Lak EX because some tanks just let me tank it/gave up or something. (though I started moving to different adds now whenever i get yellow enmity which helps)

But yeah, raises costing over 3000mp, having to raise 2 or 3 people can starve me, even more so if my LD is on CD. :(

I usually have to pop it early too so I don't pull, even with diversion, especially on Lakshmi where the OT needs to be second. Veraero/thunder + fleche/contre sixte right on the pull is hilarious threat. And yea, if you have to raise 3-4 times with no LD it's pretty bad, but that's the point where shit has hit the fan anyways and you're just trying to save the attempt. 2 you should still be alright unless you've been totally neglecting LD and let yourself drop to like 7-8k mp, but then you should have LD up anyways.

Everytime I watch my vids and catch myself casting jolt when impact is procced or even blowing Dualcast on jolt I cringe and wonder wtf I was doing.

iammeiam

Im supposed to be the unlikable elitist firmly ensonced in a raid bubble and incapable of understanding the struggles of the common man. It legit weirds me out that I seem to be cooler with PF than most people. Like, I enjoy watching groups go from hitting enrage to the PF standard 9-ish minute kills, and there is usually a point where people finally get that "can kill you" and "hard" aren't the same. I'm mostly disappointed Lakshmi is the way she is, because it'd be nice to see people cut their teeth on Susano and move on to something a little harder. Build momentum instead of dropping people back in the nerf-padded realm of the rest of the game until 4.1.

I think you might be too analytical for your own good. I can't do all the number crunching you normally do in games.

No. Do not encourage him. He needs to feel bad about literally every Assize he pops that converts Stellar Explosion a second later to 70% overheal.

I can't plan around this Lily bullshit. :|

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I just feel the dualcast raising ability to be an extremely powerful tool, in the right circumstances. Thinking on it, the quickest time a healer can throw out 2 raises is what, 8-9 seconds? That's with starting the second cast the second after the 1st one is swiftcasted.

RDM can throw out 2 in about 4-5 seconds, if you proc up the raises with one of the 2.5 second casts.

Not taking into account time to retarget the spells.

Baliis

Im supposed to be the unlikable elitist firmly ensonced in a raid bubble and incapable of understanding the struggles of the common man. It legit weirds me out that I seem to be cooler with PF than most people. Like, I enjoy watching groups go from hitting enrage to the PF standard 9-ish minute kills, and there is usually a point where people finally get that "can kill you" and "hard" aren't the same. I'm mostly disappointed Lakshmi is the way she is, because it'd be nice to see people cut their teeth on Susano and move on to something a little harder. Build momentum instead of dropping people back in the nerf-padded realm of the rest of the game until 4.1.

I definitely min max, but I wouldn't call myself elitist. I'm more than happy to spend the full duty timer working with a group and then go back in for more. My first Sophia Ex kill was like 5 <3% enrage wipes in a row before we got her. Occasionally though you have to recognize when a group is a lost cause. A 5-10% enrage wipe with several deaths you can clean up. A 20% enrage on Lakshmi with no deaths and 3 dps doing sub 2k is a bit beyond hope. There's only so much you can do when people fundamentally don't understand their class.

Top Bottom