• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

To say they made a price mistake and see if I am willing to return the item.

Well, obviously I don't think you're obligated to do anything in this situation. Personally I would just keep/sell the thing. I actually did the same screw up in an Auction post in WoW. Just wrote it off as a lesson learned.

You would be doing a nice thing for the person I suppose. If they were really ungrateful about you returning it, would you still be happy you gave it back?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Since the ddos attack is attacking isp servers now, some people have mentioned having luck using a vpn that skips those nodes.

Finally hit stormblood content and got graduated from the novice chat. Made me realize I don't have any linkshells. What linkshells should I look to be apart of? I know theirs got to be hunting one, any just social ones? Or is that left to just FC chat.

What's the best way to get invites to ones other than shouting. Just trying to be more social in my mmo haha.

Squishy3

It does? That explains why it worked better for me. Used it far more than I remembered using it before
Yeah, Siphon Strike in Grit refunds your Dark Arts cost now. Blood Price got nerfed, but that's because there's a trait that makes it so Blood Price and Blood Weapon generate lots of blood for the gauge they added in Stormblood, plus Delirium gives you a bunch of MP and refreshes them if they're up when you use it.

Quick newbie question. I hit 50 and picked up my class armor from the class quest. I have the leveling boost from creating a character on a low pop world, so I'm only at level 35ish quests in the MSQ. Where is a good place to pick up a level 50 weapon?

So used DRK in a dungeon for the first time, got the vault. It went pay okay but is it just me or is blood price a bit shit now? Feels like it is anyway

Blood Price only becomes useful once you get the Blackblood bar. It's used for filling that gauge more than MP nowadays.

Quick newbie question. I hit 50 and picked up my class armor from the class quest. I have the leveling boost from creating a character on a low pop world, so I'm only at level 35ish quests in the MSQ. Where is a good place to pick up a level 50 weapon?
The easiest way would be to ask somebody with access to Heavensward to buy you a 50 weapon from the vendor.

Which low pop server is it? If it's Zalera I can get you one.

Speaking of Dark Knight, can I just say how awesome it feels to tank a big hit that you know is coming using Blackest Night, then punish it with Bloodspiller.

Stuart444

Yeah, Siphon Strike in Grit refunds your Dark Arts cost now. Blood Price got nerfed, but that's because there's a trait that makes it so Blood Price and Blood Weapon generate lots of blood for the gauge they added in Stormblood, plus Delirium gives you a bunch of MP and refreshes them if they're up when you use it.

Blood Price only becomes useful once you get the Blackblood bar. It's used for filling that gauge more than MP nowadays.

Thanks for the information guys.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I work from home and normally check the marketboard throughout the day, buy cheap stuff and relist it. I just bought something where the seller obviously left off a number and I got the item for 10 million cheaper. What is the protocol here? Should I hold it for a certain about of time to see if the seller contacts me before using the item or relisting it?

Congratulations, you just found 10 Million gil lying around.

yaffi

Now if I'm on my Blm, by all means go crazy, I'll spam my Fire II until the key falls off, but at least take a second to understand what abilities your group has available before you go crazy.

Problem is a lot of people don't even understand how their own job plays.

Trojita

I may try them for the first time tonight. Welp. Let me know if you wanna give it a shot, I guess?

I wonder if we can get a Friday night or weekend party going for it. Maybe if we can get some people already experienced with them 😘

Orcastar

Started leveling BRD this week. Only up to lvl 41 so far and I already never want to see PotD again. Should have just bought the potion...

Trojita

DEnHZVQW0AAQOK9.jpg

R0ckman

I work from home and normally check the marketboard throughout the day, buy cheap stuff and relist it. I just bought something where the seller obviously left off a number and I got the item for 10 million cheaper. What is the protocol here? Should I hold it for a certain about of time to see if the seller contacts me before using the item or relisting it?

Eh this doesn't really make sense, it depends on the value tier but unless the item is hot, relisting it at a higher price slows down the odds of a purchase which increases the odds of someone coming to undercut current prices.

kiyomi

I wonder if we can get a Friday night or weekend party going for it. Maybe if we can get some people already experienced with them 😘

I'm sure we can get a few people together from the FC! What's your character name, so if I see you around, we could give them a shot?

Started leveling BRD this week. Only up to lvl 41 so far and I already never want to see PotD again. Should have just bought the potion...

PotD is monotonous, unrewarding and carries the all-too-real risk of getting to a boss and having a party not understanding the most basic mechanics and wiping, thus wasting your time completely.

I've completely stopped doing it now. I'd rather go into a random dungeon and learn my class in more realistic situations a bit better.

Luminaire

Finally hit stormblood content and got graduated from the novice chat. Made me realize I don't have any linkshells. What linkshells should I look to be apart of? I know theirs got to be hunting one, any just social ones? Or is that left to just FC chat.

What's the best way to get invites to ones other than shouting. Just trying to be more social in my mmo haha.
If you do hunts, get one or two hunt linkshells. If you build a static for raiding, one for that. Otherwise you can just get social linkshells. I ditched 5 of my linkshells because they were dead, looking for new ones as well. Might just throw up a pf looking for new ones. You could go that route, or shout for one.

R0ckman

I'm sure we can get a few people together from the FC! What's your character name, so if I see you around, we could give them a shot?

PotD is monotonous, unrewarding and carries the all-too-real risk of getting to a boss and having a party not understanding the most basic mechanics and wiping, thus wasting your time completely.

I've completely stopped doing it now. I'd rather go into a random dungeon and learn my class in more realistic situations a bit better.

Grinded that thing pretty intently and never encountered a group of people terrible enough to wipe to the PoTD bosses.

kiyomi

Grinded that thing pretty intently and never encountered a group of people terrible enough to wipe to the PoTD bosses.

You got lucky. I've been in more than one party that wiped to Edda, not understanding the gaze mech. I dread to think how those people cope with the rest of the game, lol.

eizarus

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked recently (couldn't see it in a skim read of the last few pages), but I used to love MMOs and then go too busy for them. Tried this on PC when the ninja class came out but was really a fan of it (mostly due to time, barely made it past the start of the game. How is the game currently on PS4? Tempted to jump in.

Zomba13

Sorry if this has been asked recently (couldn't see it in a skim read of the last few pages), but I used to love MMOs and then go too busy for them. Tried this on PC when the ninja class came out but was really a fan of it (mostly due to time, barely made it past the start of the game. How is the game currently on PS4? Tempted to jump in.

I don't play on console but from my understanding it's fine on the PS4. Much better than the PS3. Playing with a pad is a perfectly acceptable way to play and my preferred method and I'm on PC. You can use a kb/m on PS4 if you'd like, either to play or just for the chatting and menu stuff.

Orcastar

Sure, actual dungeons would be infinitely more interesting, but then I'd have to contend with those 30-minute DPS queues.

So far I've only had one wipe in PotD due to an idiot tank who thought that pulling the entire floor at once was a good idea. No boss wipes so far. *knocks on wood*

kiyomi

Sure, actual dungeons would be infinitely more interesting, but then I'd have to contend with those 30-minute DPS queues.

So far I've only had one wipe in PotD due to an idiot tank who thought that pulling the entire floor at once was a good idea. No boss wipes so far. *knocks on wood*

Yeah, I forgot about queues. I guess if I was levelling a DPS I'd probably end up doing a fair amount of PotD.

tribal24

Banned
So I just started the game only on a realm reborn, and i saw another thread about the transporting to different places. I'm basically fresh into the game so how do i get tickets to teleport?

eizarus

Banned
I don't play on console but from my understanding it's fine on the PS4. Much better than the PS3. Playing with a pad is a perfectly acceptable way to play and my preferred method and I'm on PC. You can use a kb/m on PS4 if you'd like, either to play or just for the chatting and menu stuff.
Tempting. Might just hook up my keyboard.

Trojita

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DErVXXQUAAA70KG.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEqH9RCUAAEOgXF.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEa09kKVYAAstvK.jpg[/IMG]

R0ckman

You got lucky. I've been in more than one party that wiped to Edda, not understanding the gaze mech. I dread to think how those people cope with the rest of the game, lol.

I think outside of gathering and crafting percentages screwing me over too often in sucession, I've been pretty lucky in this game. Very rarely see drama, and my DF exeperiences are usually smooth. Even the disasters have been fun on ocassion. No one gets mad, people usually just leave or a person decides to lead the group through chat.

Vic_Viper

nwNjhu.png

This is awesome! Which Knives are those? Garuda Trail?

Just hit 70 finally, still need to finish the MSQ and Job Quest though, too tired to do it tonight.

Does anyone have a link for the location of the FATE for the Fox Minion fragments? Not the actual Fox Lady, but the FATE. Ive done it once already but completely forgot where it was, all I remember is it was by a lonely tree in the middle of a shallow lake.

Top Bottom