• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

iammeiam

More was added, Ixion FATE problems being addressed, time for AST hype:
Even more:
Putting instances for The Lochs back in
The "fun" of Machinist is managing the Heat Gauge just right, but it isn't meshing well with the content, so there will be adjustments
Astro cards will be visible in the party buffs again, plus other adjustments to Job UIs like simplifications and making it transparent
There will be some changes to Scholar

p l e a s e let me click them off. please!

and I'm actually curious what they think "just right" is, but this at least indicates some understanding of the problem.

MNK outdamaging SAM?

iwannaseethereceipts.gif

I half expect it to be their raid DPS contribution can beat out SAM, because utility!

Edit: and more monk stuff added:
One of the reasons they put slow on Riddle of Fire because there are a lot of abilities to get through (? not too sure of my translation of this one)
They tested Greased Lightning 4, but it seemed like there would be too much disparity between good and okay players, so they dropped it
Riddle of Fire will show its true strength in the Savage raids
...and if it doesn't, they'll make adjustments.

I'd really like to see them allow spells to proc chakras with Brotherhood. I think Monk is quite a bit more fun than Samurai when playing with multiple physical jobs because SO MANY CHAKRAS, but my static has dual casters which doesn't feel quite as good (unless the RNG stars align lol).

Edit: Like I had a Susano with all phys DPS and I got all 5 chakras at once... muahahaha

Moaradin

Yeah, the problem with Brotherhood is how much is relies on physical DPS. When you have the perfect party comp and RNG is on your side, it's so much fun. I think they should shorten or remove the 5 second recast time on Forbidden Chakra, and also apply the 5% damage buff to the Monk so it isn't a completely useless skill outside of parties.

Riddle of Fire is fun for the first few seconds when you can double weave all of your oGCDs (after years of not being able to do this, it feels pretty novel), but then they run out and it's just slooow. I'm suppose that I'm mostly used to it now though.

Actually they should totally add GL4 and give us the cool blue aura like derplander has in the new opening.

Alrus

Please make AST cards buffs again so I can click them off, would make Sleeve Draw even better (it's a bit clunky right now imo).

Riddle of Fire just feels like trash, it's a good skill but I'd take no speed penalty and 15%dmg(or whatever the % is so it does the same dmg) over what they have. Also it punishes bad players because there's some timing windows to get as many oGCDs as possible while it's active, with some worth holding for a few seconds and some not and so on. And Brotherhood is dumb with the melee focus and how it does jack for you if you don't have a raid with a bunch of melees. Should be 3% dmg increase to everyone and reset on casts as well, or 5% phys but affects yourself too. Not that monk is terrible but yeah.

Not that monk is in a particularily bad spot, just feels kinda meh.

scy

A very small amount of STR on VIT accessories.

It's a win but the sheer amount of "no but seriously, like a small amount really small" going on is a thing. This is literally going to be the few free points of Accuracy on healer gearback at thew end of ARR. And it won't even scale with the expansion(?)

oboy

Edit: PLD nerf incoming. No cost WAR stance change. Dark Arts increases, Quietus bonus effect to come. lol.

Danj

Anyone got any suggestions for getting 117973 xp real quick at level 49? that's how far I've got left to get to 50.

Googling suggested a FATE called Dark Devices, but apparently that was way back in 2.0 and isn't a thing any more / got nerfed / doesn't spawn very often now or something?

Anyone got any suggestions for getting 117973 xp real quick at level 49? that's how far I've got left to get to 50.

Googling suggested a FATE called Dark Devices, but apparently that was way back in 2.0 and isn't a thing any more / got nerfed / doesn't spawn very often now or something?

Go do some Palace of the Dead. You'll level up very quickly.

iammeiam

Sounds like PLD getting a nerf?
Yoshida admitted that PLD is being very strong
One thing to note
PLD was used on Savage during the adjustments
They adjusted Holy Spirit's cast time to be longer
oh wait
not the cast time(edited)
but the POTENCY

iammeiam

SCH getting what sounds like substantial buffs in 4.05. Oh boy.

AST getting Unspread. Sleeve Draw now 55000% less annoying!

OH MY GOD STOP TRYING TO MAKE LILIES HAPPEN YOSHIDA. THEY'RE NOT HAPPENING. STAHP.

lol ppl thinking sam will stay relevant if drg gets buffed.

MNK/NIN/DRG/RDM will be meta if drg ever gets buffed and everything stays as is. MNK already brings more raid dps currently and that will continue to scale the more ppl get geared.

duckroll

Doubling the Dragon Sight range will make it easier to cast, but I'm not sure it really fixes it being an annoying skill to use. There's also no mention of any intent to adjust the actual problem with LotD, which is the eyes system.

iammeiam

MCH getting potency adjustments, turretnado kick getting a massive potency buff. Both live translations seemed to drop a bunch of details--I heard Quick Reload and Hot Shot mentioned by name--so unsure if they're actually changing the gameplay loop or just making bigger numbers.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
MCH getting potency adjustments, turretnado kick getting a massive potency buff. Both live translations seemed to drop a bunch of details--I heard Quick Reload and Hot Shot mentioned by name--so unsure if they're actually changing the gameplay loop or just making bigger numbers.

Hot shot is 8% now

Doubling the Dragon Sight range will make it easier to cast, but I'm not sure it really fixes it being an annoying skill to use. There's also no mention of any intent to adjust the actual problem with LotD, which is the eyes system.

Yeah, DRG still remains clunky as is due to these exact things.

One of the biggest complains SMNs had in 2013 was that it was a DoT class with shitty little summons and now people complain that their DoTs were fucked and Bahamut is too big.

Qvoth

triplecast 60 sec cooldown is pretty huge
base casting time reduction for fire4 blizz4 is great too
i think there's another change regarding foul but i didn't catch it
i'm happy enough with these changes
AU7Amsc.gif

iammeiam

OF translation of the tank thing:
Q3. Currently Paladin feels like it excels both in offensive and defensive capabilities, are there any plans for adjustments to Warrior/Dark Knight?

A3. We will be increasing Warrior and Dark Knight damage.

Making the cast time for Paladin's Holy Spirit so short made it too powerful, so we will be making adjustments around that point. We'll also be removing the reduction in the Oath Gauge when switching oaths.

Warrior's Shake It Off will be adjusted.
Plans for adjustments are currently being talked over, and will be implemented sometime after 4.05.

We have removed the halving of the Beast Gauge when changing stances.
Additionally, the potency during Storm's Path combo will be increased starting 4.05.

Dark Knight will see potency increases in combo damage.

And Officially Tilted By This:
Q4. With role actions, each of the job are now able to take various roles; however, for healers, there are important role actions such as Protect and Esuna, so I am having trouble deciding on what to set. Do you have plans to increase the amount of role actions that can be set?

A4. Since players can select the actions, we have no plans to do this. However, during 4.0 we discussed on what do with Protect.

We discussed that in actuality it doesn't matter if it's there or not, but we ultimately decided to leave it in. Please continue to leave your feedback regarding things like this!

- Make protect mandatory by balancing everything around everyone having protect
- Move a bunch of required healer stuff to cross role
- Force people to waste a slot on useless protect

:|

duckroll

Yeah, DRG still remains clunky as is due to these exact things.

I'm really baffled that they thought adding a DRG buff skill that requires targeting another player (especially one that prefers fellow DPS) in the heat of battle, is a good idea. Seems to go against everything the DRG play style trains players for.

Also who the hell complained about Sonic Thrust? Why is Sonic Thrust even something that they care about? Why is that more important to tune compared to BotD/LotD dropping due to boss patterns?! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. /whine /rage lol.

"Players found a stronger rotation than we anticipated... on Ninja"

What year is it?

"We suck at our own game." - FFXIV Team Forever

studyguy

Alliance Raid Roulette is everything I don't want
Better give me a good reason to run it, it's gonna be like the inverse of a regular roulette. DPS take 2min to queue, tanks 2hrs.

Top Bottom