• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

xkramz

Lol, how'd you end up doing that? Leve's?
No I don't run leves..and i barely did Palace. I guess since I finish ARR when close to 50, I went into HW around 55ish and finish hW 65. I guess since there were no level cap I just kept leveling up. Idk

Grisby

No I don't run leves..and i barely did Palace. I guess since I finish ARR when close to 50, I went into HW around 55ish and finish hW 65. I guess since there were no level cap I just kept leveling up. Idk
Wow, yeah. Back when I finished HW a few months after it's release I think I ended up at 59.

Taking a break from tanking to level other stuff, and wow am I seeing some ambitious tanks when I queue for other roles. And by ambitious, I mean lacking in sound judgement. They'll pull packs of 8-10 mobs in leveling dungeons and wonder why they melt after. It's not so bad in synced 50 and 60 dungeons where that thing is a lot more manageable, but doing it unannounced when they may potentially have new players that won't be able to keep up is dumb and wastes time when their bad decision wipes the party. Are these people watching streamers and YouTube videos with big pulls and thinking that it's the absolute norm? It's like they have their mind set on it and never once gauge their party to see how doable it actually is.

I had one pulling from the start of Stone Vigil to right before the room with 5 mobs in it. So he had 7 or 8 on them that all hit hard and he got 2-shot basically. Had another in Gubal Library pulling two rooms at a time in a pug with no warning. I'm not sure he was even using cooldowns (not that he had many as a DRK) because his HP was plummeting fast. Dear aspiring tanks, just because you saw Xeno do it, doesn't mean you're gonna be able to pull it off.

I saw this post this morning but i need to go back to it now because i agree.
TODAY , as a healer i had nothing but these.
So annoying , not even wanting for the rest of the party to be ready , pulling the boss , even when the teammates are far behind or recovering ( couldn't even have time to re-summon my eos ) because someone wanted to rush.

Why the rush ? making everyone job more difficult just to save 4 minutes in the end ?
So dumb

Apoptomon

Just saw this on the Lodestone Suspension of Free Trial to Full Version Upgrades on Mog Station

We have identified an issue wherein the ability to upgrade to the full retail version of FINAL FANTASY XIV via the Mog Station was being abused for malicious purposes by those involved in illicit activities. As a response to this, we have decided to suspend the ability to upgrade to the full retail version on the Mog Station.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but when upgrading to the full retail version, please purchase a digital or physical copy from places such as the Square Enix e-Store to make the transition.

Posting in case anyone in this thread is on the trial version and looking to commit.

nwNjhu.png

This is awesome! Which Knives are those? Garuda Trail?

Just hit 70 finally, still need to finish the MSQ and Job Quest though, too tired to do it tonight.

Does anyone have a link for the location of the FATE for the Fox Minion fragments? Not the actual Fox Lady, but the FATE. Ive done it once already but completely forgot where it was, all I remember is it was by a lonely tree in the middle of a shallow lake.

It's the Yukimitsu, the Ninja's AF2 weapon. You can get it by giving Centurio seals to the old guy behind the counter at the tavern in Ishgard.

Apoptomon

What does this actually mean? I'm playing through the trial right now have a key from the $5 Amazon sale I'm planning on using once I hit the level cap. I can still do that right? I don't know anything about the mog station.

I believe it means that you need to buy the game (if you bought from Amazon you're probably fine), rather than just unlock it on Square Enix's accoutn system.

remz

So I bought this on steam (8 bucks!) and am really digging it.

What do I need to buy now to get the expansions, do I need to get heavensward or is it included in Stormblood now? The "Complete" FFXIV is really cheap here in physical but I read somewhere you can't use physical keys with the steam edition?

duckroll

So I bought this on steam (8 bucks!) and am really digging it.

What do I need to buy now to get the expansions, do I need to get heavensward or is it included in Stormblood now? The "Complete" FFXIV is really cheap here in physical but I read somewhere you can't use physical keys with the steam edition?

Stormblood includes Heavensward. But if you bought FFXIV on Steam, make sure you buy every subsequent thing on Steam too. You're locked in. Just like me!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Does buying the Steam version get you 30 days too for free like it does if you buy the PS4 / (non steam) PC versions? I still haven't actually paid a dollar yet for the subscription (sorry duckroll) because I got the PS4 and PC free time that comes with the game stacking together lol.

remz

Stormblood includes Heavensward. But if you bought FFXIV on Steam, make sure you buy every subsequent thing on Steam too. You're locked in. Just like me!

Thank you Duckroll!

Also: RIP. If I walked into a store I could have got the whole thing with expansions for half the price of just stormblood from steam T_T

@above: yeah it gives you 30 days when you buy it, then I got some bonus days for hitting level 30

Astral

So I don't remember my password and I can't access the email my SE account is linked to. I called aol customer service and everything and they are unable to get into my account. What the fuck do I do? I can't reset my password because the confirmation code is being sent to that blocked email address. I'm pissed. Will I have to create a new character if I create a new SE account?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
If I'm a lvl 60 gatherer with the base 3.0 hq gear, I think it was serpent skin, without slotted materia, how should I go about leveling? Should I try and grind until I hit 61 and buy hq or vendor gear, or should I buy the ironworks gear so that I can gather easier?

iammeiam

Between 30 and 40 you get the 3 in the 1-2-3, Wildfire, and the first turret. NuWildfire is kind of weird and without the old buffs or the old damage oGCDs at 40 it still isn't going to feel fully thought out most likely.

MCH at 30 feelsbad and there are almost no guides.

Does it get better? :/

Wait for after the live letter tonight.

The short version is that the SB rework left the job in really bad shape before 64; they removed the existing core mechanic, replaced it with something new, and then made the actual cool new part level 64. Before then you have a bunch of pieces that don't make a lot of sense. This is a not-terrible overview of Stormblood Machinist, but you'll notice you have access to almost nothing it talks about at level 30. It's an absolute mess at low levels right now, the big mystery is if they fix the destination or not.

Post 64 it's in a rough but fixable spot; what if anything they announce they're doing to the job in the patch next week will probably determine how much guidance is out there. If they leave it as-is it won't get played much.

Ozigizo

I'm kind of glad Blank doesn't do damage anymore because a lot of young MCHs thought they could finish off mobs and just ended up making melee DPS and tanks annoyed lol

They still use it in PotD, and it's the most annoying thing there is.

When I'm leveling Summoner in there, I don't use Garuda for that reason.

It's just a dick move.

I'm kind of glad Blank doesn't do damage anymore because a lot of young MCHs thought they could finish off mobs and just ended up making melee DPS and tanks annoyed lol

Mixed feelings for me. It suuuuucks not having as many damage oGCDs, but as a melee main, accidentally pushing something always hurts me inside.

iammeiam

Responsible Blank usage was a thing, and doesn't address that we lost our native stun and got to keep useless Blank.

s a l t

(mostly it's that most of the flow you got used to for WF in HW is completely removed now, so WF at 40 is a distant cousin to what it ends up being at 70.)
They still use it in PotD, and it's the most annoying thing there is.

When I'm leveling Summoner in there, I don't use Garuda for that reason.

It's just a dick move.

but

but

obey

?

iammeiam

Are they actually gonna get into the balance stuff in this live letter? I thought that wasn't until later.

It should be in three hours; it will probably be the usual Live Letter of informative meaning we'll get a bunch of information about two or three things and then "please look forward to the patch notes!" on the rest, but when they released 4.01 they told people to wait for the 7/15 LL and 7/18 4.05 patch for balance changes that will hit alongside Savage this Tuesday.

Landford

Banned
So I don't remember my password and I can't access the email my SE account is linked to. I called aol customer service and everything and they are unable to get into my account. What the fuck do I do? I can't reset my password because the confirmation code is being sent to that blocked email address. I'm pissed. Will I have to create a new character if I create a new SE account?

Also lost acess to my Square account email. Sent a ticket to support, hoping for the best.

What really sucks is that I cant even buy the game again on steam, since I already own it, and I cant remove it from my library and buy it again because steam will just send me the same key. And the saddest part is that I KNOW my Square Enix account credentials, I cant log in because they are too trigger happy with the "suspect behaviour" thing.

iammeiam

On the one hand staying up until 2:30 for inevitable disappointment seems unwise.

On the other hand they're mentioning a lot of the Big Questions as things they'll address in the LL:

People are already at the event and asking the dev team questions, and posting stuff to twitter.
http://ff14net.2chblog.jp/archives/51698215.html
Translations of things so far:
There will be adjustments to Dragon Sight
Something about casters, either BLM or RDM, it looks like the poster might have made a typo
Looking into implementing ways for players to visit the garden before the 4.0 final boss again after clearing it
Doing something about Demi-Bahamut blocking the view likely won't make it for 4.05, but they'll look into something going forward
We'll talk about Machinist and Dragoon in the PLL
Adjustments to Shake Off, will talk about the Beast Gauge getting halved in the PLL
Editted, some more:
YoshiP says that Monks could outdamage Samurai in Savage Raids
The dev team agrees that the level 70 WHM skill is hard to use and will be adjusted

MCH hype for inevitable letdown (60s stabilizer, restore Overheat, make Turretnado Kick not dumb, please not just potency bumps) and I'm just going to laugh that nobody in their testing realized how annoying Demi-Bahamut was going to be.

duckroll

Yeah hopefully they do something about Dragon Sight not being so annoying to use, even with a macro it's unreliable in the heat of battle and confuses too many players.

Edzi

Red Mage nerfs incoming.

Huh, do we need a nerf..?

I guess I got mine to 70 and I still gear it up with leftover totems from my Ex Primal runs, but I don't really play it much. Switched to Paladin pretty much full time.

I suppose I'm not super familiar with where they rank damage wise, but I felt like they were kind of in a good place -- not too powerful, not too weak.

Yam's

That feel when you reach 99 Lakshimi totems and haven't seen the mount drop since the first runs. At least I'll be able to buy it once they add the option to.

That's a long time to wait for it to get good. My main isn't even at 64 yet.

The problem is that they give you the heat gauge way too soon. So you have this gauge to manage, yet you don't have anything interesting to get out of it until lv 64. Once you get there, the gameplay gets more interesting, yet quickly frustrating if you fail to properly manage your heat. I only play mch in pvp, but I hope they'll bring some changes on Tuesday for those who main it.

Alex

Huh, do we need a nerf..?

I guess I got mine to 70 and I still gear it up with leftover totems from my Ex Primal runs, but I don't really play it much. Switched to Paladin pretty much full time.

I suppose I'm not super familiar with where they rank damage wise, but I felt like they were kind of in a good place -- not too powerful, not too weak.

RDM is middle of the pack but with a higher skill floor.

Unlikely they'll be nerfed especially considering that actual nerfs are fairly rare in this game.

The question was about Triple Cast for BLM, anyway.

Top Bottom