• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Thorgal

recently got to 70 on SAM and decided to make some small alterations on my kitty .

ffxiv_dx112017-07-1816bksy.jpg

ffxiv_dx112017-07-181pdkdu.jpg

ffxiv_dx112017-07-181vlk4p.jpg

Style

Banned
I know I'm being a dick for the huge schadenfreude, but I've always been salty that as a beta player I had to pay double the price of the late adopters on Steam. I wish I could pay the same price as you instead of the contrary.

I think this takes the cake for the worst attitude ever. You're salty you paid full price for a game 4 years ago so you feel schadenfreude towards people complaining about price increases now?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Anyone test MCH yet with the changes?

BTW, I just have ARM left to get to 70. Thanks again to those who gave some tips and advice earlier in the thread. I'm out of leves though so I'll have to grind collectables for ARM...luckily books are red scrips so yay?

Astral

I love it.

This isn't my current glam but I'm not home atm. sorry for the size I'm on mobile.

FHXLUN6.jpg

7R6oR11.jpg

Love me some dark-skinned characters. Almost makes me wanna buck up and grind through a new character. Wouldn't know what class/job to pick though. My old character was a White Mage and that was fun, but if I have to start over I'd wanna do something different.

Edzi

Can we stop encouraging Miqo'te's pls

Thanks

Miqo'te are the best race by virtue of having the most normal human proportions, followed closely by the Au Ra because the Doma storyline was great. Hyur are boring, Roegadyns are dopey looking, and Lalafells are Lalafells.

We also have Y'shtola, so we win by default.

Miqo'te are the best race by virtue of having the most normal human proportions, followed closely by the Au Ra because the Doma storyline was great. Hyur are boring, Roegadyns are dopey looking, and Lalafells are Lalafells.

I like how you didn't even mention Elezen

I finally decided to use a fantasia and leave the potato people behind. It was a hard choice but it had to be done in the interest of the glamour endgame.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

Well, because they are cosplaying Hyurs. =P

iammeiam

Very interesting they are running SCH/WHM

I think Fold is just straight up maining SCH in SB and Miunih has openly had no interest in AST for a while so I assume it's their default comp. I haven't been watching streams (the only spoilers I care about are mechanics spoilers ;_;) and can't find kill pics, but were they running an AST on earlier floors?

I sort of figured with their retiring from world first race they were just going with whatever they wanted. I also think (?) there's one of every healer pairing in a group on 4 at this point, so it'll be interesting to see what they walk away with.

ebil

I think Fold is just straight up maining SCH in SB and Miunih has openly had no interest in AST for a while so I assume it's their default comp. I haven't been watching streams (the only spoilers I care about are mechanics spoilers ;_;) and can't find kill pics, but were they running an AST on earlier floors?

I sort of figured with their retiring from world first race they were just going with whatever they wanted. I also think (?) there's one of every healer pairing in a group on 4 at this point, so it'll be interesting to see what they walk away with.
Yes to this. I've seen WHM+AST and AST+SCH. It's interesting.

iammeiam

^- That picture was taken shortly before the sandwormwalrus in the background enjoyed a mashed potato supper. RIP.

Yes to this. I've seen WHM+AST and AST+SCH. It's interesting.

This is arguably the most encouraging part of the current healer balance. I'm going to remain stubborn in my position on optimal/WHM got done dirty with the lily crap, but that groups that push hard and relatively early are approaching things with flexibility is a good sign overall.

I NEED IT

Man, just wait until the next tier of crafter gear comes out and ornate versions start appearing in Khloe books.

Guaranteed pentamelded crafting VIs, can you even imagine.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would honestly just sell that thing for 20 million.

Squishy3

OK, but if there are five meld slots

it's not overmelding
Yeah I realized that, but I don't know if that stuff will get around the restriction. Guess we'll see if anyone will get it and do it for science.

Watching Layla's O4S stream, this fight is nuts and they've only gotten it to 85%. <_<

iammeiam

Yeah I realized that, but I don't know if that stuff will get around the restriction. Guess we'll see if anyone will get it and do it for science.

There's no restriction to get around, though. The language is explicit that it only applies to advanced melding, i.e. over melding.

Like, you can put 2 VIs on the right. One in the guaranteed slot, and then one over meld.

You can put 3 on the left in a chest, because there are two slots on the left, and the third slot is the first over meld.

So on a gear piece with five on the left, all five slots would work. There's no reason to think otherwise. If they wanted to limit it to two melds, they'd have just said two instead of Only The First Overmeld.

Top Bottom