• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

dramatis

That means you have to go through 2.x patch story, which is indeed long and draggy for the first half.

Then 3.0, which is Heavensward proper and quite good.

Then 3.x story, which is actually fairly short.

Then you're at Stormblood.

IvorB

Yeah the GoT reference wasn't subtle there :p

Indeed but I honestly did not mind the GoT references one bit. :)

It's more like both the Dothraki and the Azim Steppe guys are based off the real nomadic tribes of the Eurasian Steppe. The best known of these is probably the Mongols.

For sure, I think all these warrior, grassland peoples reference the Mongols at al to some extent. But I think the devs in this case were also drawing strong influence from the Dothraki specifically as well. I'm not very clued in on the detail of Mongol life and culture though so maybe that's just my lack of knowledge...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The last thing I did was the ultimate weapon :lol

The Post-ARR/Pre-HW quest line is the most tedious. Its just as long as the ARR quest, and not nearly as interesting most the time.

Once you hit HW things get a lot more fun, and the post-HW stuff before Stormblood is also good.

Village

Is there an aether current glitch at the peaks

So i'm there, at this location that I have seen on video and marked on maps as an aether current location

fjjvK1a.jpg
It is not here, and I saw a video where a guy a level 60 walked up in there with most of his map covered so he just got there, saw it and nabbed it.

Is this a known glitch? because its certainly not here

it's called role skills now
you learn them as you level up, the higher leveled you are the more of these skills you can equip up till a max of 5

Ah, so your highest job sort of dictates It? Your highest can use everything but your low level can't? They changed this a lot.

Zomba13

Is there an aether current glitch at the peaks

So i'm there, at this location that I have seen on video and marked on maps as an aether current location

It is not here, and I saw a video where a guy a level 60 walked up in there with most of his map covered so he just got there, saw it and nabbed it.

Is this a known glitch? because its certainly not here

Is your compass telling you it's there? Maybe you got it and forgot about it?

Is it weird I kinda run about doing old content and not playing stormblood? Im running about unsyncing lots of stuff, it's fun feels like old ff games when your mad over levelled you just stomp things 😂😂

dramatis

A dark skinned Lalafell joined me for the final ARR dungeon and she was cute as FUCK that's why. I also wouldn't mind being a cat. I wish you could create new characters without having to do all the tedious shit all over again.
Never regret not being a potato or a catgirl

A dark skinned Lalafell joined me for the final ARR dungeon and she was cute as FUCK that's why. I also wouldn't mind being a cat. I wish you could create new characters without having to do all the tedious shit all over again.

You can change your character's appearance with a Fantasia. You get one for free after a month of subscribing or you can purchase one on Mogstation.

Village

Too many potatoes, not enough Roegadyn.
Not enough female Roegadyn especially, I like their design.

Oh that's fair. I've been rocking male Dark horned Au Ra from jump, and have no regrets

This is a question for the crafters.

I have been levelling my crafters to 60 and have both CRP and WVR at 60. Should I bother with Ironworks set/Augmented JOB Sets? Or Should i straight away go to Stormblood sets?

If the first question answer is yes. I should target Ironworks set and use the scrips for the crafting books right? Statistically melded ironworks is better than Augmented Job sets?

Ironworks gear is still pretty expensive on the marketboards on my server and even more expensive to craft, especially hard to meet the high craftsmanship and control requirement to make it where you're at. It still goes for 800k for the HQ body and the mats are still expensive. If you're going for ironworks anything, I'd go for HQ ironworks accessories and meld those with CP materia. Accessories are usually more affordable, around 150-200k. If you can only afford some, I'd go for earrings and necklace and bracelet. Those will not be outclassed until you hit level 70. I think you'll be fine with HQ carbonweave gear until you hit 63 and you can craft yourself some HQ ruby cotton gear which outclasses HQ ironworks gear. You'll see a lot of people still stick with ironworks gear up until 70. But that's usually because they melded and overmelded every slot with V materia. But the 63 and 65 craftable gear than unmelded ironworks gear and all have better stats when HQ'd. Plus they are cheap and easy to get.

Use your scrips for crafting books since you will want master recipes to complete your job quests.

Sorian

Banned
It gets interesting faster than Original ARR though. You are really only suffering through the first 3 patches and they aren't really that long.

Gator86

Post ARR is just as long as ARR!? Are you fucking serious?

It feels just as long, if not longer. It's a fucking drag until the very end. I just grinded through it and it felt like an eternity. The immediately immediate switch to Heavensward after was a godsend. You also keep leveling but have no access to new abilities until Ishgard. It makes sense given how the releases work, but coming to it after the fact it feels awful.

The 2.1-2.5 patches are in total about half as long as the ARR MSQ. It feels about twice as long because so much of it is just mindless busy work in content you've already seen for the most part, hide and seek, and the occasional cool stuff.

I wouldn't blame you if you used a jump potion just to skip past it to Heavensward, to be perfectly honest.
I did on my second character.

Not enough female Roegadyn especially, I like their design.

I just hit 51, so here's mine.

mcw

Given all the other goofy shit in this game, I don't know why I fixated on this one, but the idea of a jump potion still cracks me up.

NPCs: Protagonist, you gotta help us! The world will be destroyed unless--
Protagonist: One sec. *pops open a bottle and takes a giant swig*
NPCs: Never mind, everything's cool now.

Given all the other goofy shit in this game, I don't know why I fixated on this one, but the idea of a jump potion still cracks me up.

NPCs: Protagonist, you gotta help us! The world will be destroyed unless--
Protagonist: One sec. *pops open a bottle and takes a giant swig*
NPCs: Never mind, everything's cool now.

It's actually a magical book that makes the reader "swear they experienced the events firsthand". Take that as you will, haha.

Village

The 2.1-2.5 patches are in total about half as long as the ARR MSQ. It feels about twice as long because so much of it is just mindless busy work in content you've already seen for the most part, hide and seek, and the occasional cool stuff.

I wouldn't blame you if you used a jump potion just to skip past it to Heavensward, to be perfectly honest.
I did on my second character.

I just hit 51, so here's mine.

She's all big with the armor on and tough I like it

I shall share, I just hit my first 70 class

Lizardmen

Astral

What should I spend my Tomestones of Poetics on? I see I can buy Ironworks armor with them but is it worth it or will I find something better soon just by continuing the story?

What should I spend my Tomestones of Poetics on? I see I can buy Ironworks armor with them but is it worth it or will I find something better soon just by continuing the story?
Ironworks will last you till around level 65. Once you hit 60, you can also buy ilvl 260/270 gear with Poetics

Ken

Ironworks is stupidly overpriced for the gear and the upgrade items. If you're 50 you might as well just run PotD 51-60 naked and then buy some level 60 white gear for gil imo.

You don't really need to grab the Ironworks stuff since MSQ will give you like ~110 stuff, but if just want to dump your tomestones or want a quick ilvl boost, then go for it. I certainly wouldn't bother augmenting it at this point. By the time you get to Idyllshire, you'll have enough tomestones to grab a bunch of Shire gear anyway. If not, I'm sure you can still ARF 'till you barf if need be.

I got the sword, shield, torso, and leg pieces from feathers, so I figured I would just grab the rest of the left side. /shrug

She's all big with the armor on and tough I like it

I shall share, I just hit my first 70 class

Lizardmen

Which gear is that? I only bothered to get as far as the Verity gear on my SAM.

After playing a potato for so long, it kinda felt weird at first to have basically everyone come up to my characters stomach, haha.

So I should maybe save up for Shire gear instead?

If you're level 50, go for ironworks gear. Then go for shire gear at 60. When you're dungeoning you will get some good green gear from the 50-60 dungeons, but ironworks will help if you don't wanna wait for quest rewards and drops piece by piece. You'll make enough poetics doing daily roulettes and running dungeons anyways. No need to be stingy if you've nothing to spend it on.

Village

You don't really need to grab the Ironworks stuff since MSQ will give you like ~110 stuff, but if just want to dump your tomestones or want a quick ilvl boost, then go for it. I certainly wouldn't bother augmenting it at this point. By the time you get to Idyllshire, you'll have enough tomestones to grab a bunch of Shire gear anyway. If not, I'm sure you can still ARF 'till you barf if need be.

I got the sword, shield, torso, and leg pieces from feathers, so I figured I would just grab the rest of the left side. /shrug

Which gear is that? I only bothered to get as far as the Verity gear on my SAM.

After playing a potato for so long, it kinda felt weird at first to have basically everyone come up to my characters stomach, haha.

Which part

Shirt: Gazelleskin Corselet of Striking
Pants: Gaskins of the Rising Dragon
Shoes: Gazelleskin Open-toe Boots of Striking
Hands: Claws of the Beast
Neck: Redbill Scarf

So I should maybe save up for Shire gear instead?

Poetics cap out at 2000 I believe, and you'll be getting a lot of them from your daily roulettes and your regular dungeon runs between the end of ARR and when you get to Idyllshire. So it's your call.

Which part

Shirt: Gazelleskin Corselet of Striking
Pants: Gaskins of the Rising Dragon
Shoes: Gazelleskin Open-toe Boots of Striking
Hands: Claws of the Beast
Neck: Redbill Scarf

Cool. I knew recognized the torso at least.

Top Bottom