• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

yami4ct

I think Noclip's first video about FFXIV 1.0 is supposed to go out tomorrow or the day after; Danny O'Dwyer said the date yesterday but I already forgot.

Did he? On the GB E3 Night show I only heard him say 'soon'. Hopefully, I'm really looking forward to seeing what he puts out with the access he got.

rocK`

Banned
hey - so I bought FFXIV for PC from a retailer way back when and upgraded to heavensward using SQEnix' shop.

If I wanted to get stormblood, what's the best way to do it - ideally it's all on steam, but I don't want to somehow mess up and get stormblood on steam and it not recognize my FFXIV download.

any thoughts?

Ken

hey - so I bought FFXIV for PC from a retailer way back when and upgraded to heavensward using SQEnix' shop.

If I wanted to get stormblood, what's the best way to do it - ideally it's all on steam, but I don't want to somehow mess up and get stormblood on steam and it not recognize my FFXIV download.

any thoughts?

You need everything to be on Steam or else they'll be incompatible.

yami4ct

That souleater nerf has to be a typo. It has to be. I see no reason why you'd nerf it for PVE and keep it for PVP. If anything it'd be the other way around.

any thoughts?

You have to buy a retail copy, either a retail download code through someone like GMG or Amazon or a boxed copy. Steam expansions don't work with the retail base game and vice versa. It's dumb. I know.

R0ckman

Did Ninjustsu always do elememtal damage? The descriptions say does "ice/fire/water/lightning damage" but why is that even relevant if it doesn't matter?

All tank enmity attacks got their enmity effect increased, nice
Did Ninjustsu always do elememtal damage? The descriptions say does "ice/fire/water/lightning damage" but why is that even relevant if it doesn't matter?
It was relevant because Fuma was affected by slash down and Raiton was affected by Foe's

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Because flavor, and legacy systems I guess.

I'm glad they did away with attributes. Fucking waste of time. Elemental nonsense will be next I bet.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
It's gonna feel weird not having Touch of Death in my rotation. Haymaker was quite nice for solo fights too. Frees up some room on my bars though, which is great. The new Chakra gaining abilities are a godsend. Riddle of Earth looks like it'll be massively useful for keeping GL during annoying boss phases where they leave you with nothing to attack for 1000 years.

yami4ct

From the Soul Eater job guide entry

Combo potency increased from 260 to 280.
Dark Arts combo potency increased from 400 to 420.
Grit combo bonus has been changed from "Absorbs 50% of damage dealt as HP" to "Absorbs a portion of damage dealt as HP."
Combo bonus "Increases Blood Gauge by 10" has been added.

Well.......what the hell are you doing to DRK SE?

These DRK nerfs are making me feel bad man. I have PLD at 60 too, but always envisioned DRK as my main, lore wise. I was a PLD main before I fantasia'd at HW's launch. Not sure if I wanna go back. Ugh.

yami4ct

Looking at what they've done, at least my main DRG is buffs across the board. Really sad that Dragonfire Dive doesn't also grant Dive Ready. It really seems like SE just gave it the most powerful base potency and felt that was enough to do to it forever. The animation is so good too.

I'm gonna wait until people figure out how DRK does at the high end before committing to leveling it the rest of the way now. I'm prepared to be wrong, but nothing that they've done with it seems good. Like at all. That Souleater nerf is a real what are you doing moment. So much for trying to get people over to tank with the new job changes. I'm gonna level AST along with my DRG and then pick up a RDM at this point.

BlackJace

Turns out I got into EA even though I just bought the standard SB 10 minutes ago.
Hyyype
AU7Amsc.gif

iammeiam

The "Absorbs a portion of damage" change is all over the WAR stuff, too. Tanks in general took hits to self-sustain.

Seeing... basically no real major adjustments that have a marked impact on reactions formed around the super-old build we all needed to calm down about.

We are going to get so many balance patches.

iammeiam

Haha holy shit they gave Ranged Shroud:

Gradually restores own MP and the MP of all nearby party members.
Duration: 30s
Additional Effect: Halves enmity

Same thing is on Tactician.

So no way to prevent yanking threat in a burst phase, but you can blow support skills to halve your threat if it's getting close!

yami4ct

DRG is confirmed SICKEST of SICK. THIS JOB ARE SICK.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's nuts how we were already pretty great but just got buffed across the board aside from losing a mere 5% off of Disembowel and losing Phelobotamize. I question the balance in these changes, but I'm not gonna complain.

dabig2

I'm generally OK with the NIN changes. Wasn't much, compared to the other classes that is, but overall I think the class will benefit.

Hide: The additional effect "Resets ninjutsu recast timers if out of combat" has been added.

Yeah boy!

Jugulate: Now acquired at level 30 (previously level 34).
The additional effect "Silence" when under the effect of Kiss of the Wasp has been removed.

THink they mean "Stun" here as Silence is now the 1 and only effect this casts. I'm "eh" with this as it's going to require some practice. I stunned, a LOT, with jugulate and now I'll have to find space on my main action bar for leg sweep.

Death Blossom: Action now exclusive to rogue and ninja.
Potency increased from 60 to 110.

Yeeeeeeeeaaaah boy! Get ready to see actual death raining from above instead of the old "throw toothpicks at the enemies and hope for CRITS".

Duality: No longer stops critical damage from occurring.

Awesome.

Dream Within a Dream: Recast time decreased from 90 to 60 seconds.
Potency increased from 100 to 150.

I love everything about those 2 sentences.

And of course removing Dancing Edge and buffing Shadow Fang instead deserves a yeeeeeeaaah boy. And I like the new traits here. Really upping the DPS potential.

duckroll

So in ALL the changes they made on DRG, this is the only actual debuff:

On Disembowel:
The combo bonus "Reduces target's piercing resistance by 10% has been changed to "Reduces target's piercing resistance by 5%."

And even then, the actual potency was increased, the duration increased, and the TP cost reduced. Lmao.

Turns out I got into EA even though I just bought the standard SB 10 minutes ago.
Hyyype
AU7Amsc.gif

Congrats!

KanameYuuki

Damn, looking all those nerfs on Monk is depressing, even less of a reason to play it, so now you neither bring utility to the party nor do that much damage...

iammeiam

You didn't, MP/TP regeneration is now a cross role skill for BRD and MCH

Yeah, but the turrets lose Promotion and so the turrets are basically set-and-forget hyper charge machines with a self-destruct button. Bard lost the regen things from songs, but the songs got new purposes.

MCH lost the regen things from Promotion, so they just said fuck it and nuked the entire concept.

yami4ct

As someone who was working on a DRK, yeah these changes are a huge bummer. Like, it almost gives me no choice but to level a PLD if I want to play tank because it's just so significantly better, even though I like the look of DRKs much more. I don't see what would've been wrong with leaving DRK with more natural sustainability in exchange for PLD getting more utility and slightly more potency.

Help me pick between bard, sam, or red mage.

Quick I need a 3 sided quarter.

Everyone is gonna be Sam or RDM. Be hipster and stick with the old class.

Xux

So, only the level 70 Job quest will give an ability? The rest are just big sidequests? ...If there are even more than just the level 60 and level 70 ones.

Top Bottom