• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Omni

Wooo

9X0Z7c.jpg

No drops but I did get this!

hubPd9.jpg

Also WHM perspective if anyone is interested (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfQ7ZgURGnI) AST was 'main healing' because of the hate issues and alike.

I thought that Hien showed nothing. I mean he's the "Lord of the Castle" and did have a badass music theme, but what the hell did he do? The people only followed him only because he was the lord of the castle. The WoL was the one who kicked their asses, not Hien,
all he did was cut Yousetsu (sp?) and leave his (badass) protector to die
. What the hell did Rhaoubhan do? He would've lost both of his arms if it wasn't for the WoL. Also, he would't have made past the wall if it wasn't for the WoL, so of course he isn't worth shit without the WoL. For that matter, no one did shit without the WoL
except for Hourchfaunt, he's a badass
not even Hrasvalgr. Bastard got his ass kicked by a dead dragon. WoL had to come in and clean up his fucking messes. Point is, Lyse is no different than any other major character in the game, so why are you singling out her for this reason?

So basically trying to put an objective reason why you don' t like a character is dumber than hell. If you just don't like Lyse just because she rubs you wrong then own up to it.

I think WOL really does make other characters look like crap but this is a great post. Pretty much the way I feel about this topic.

scy

Repeat clears week can be summed up as "Everyone forgot how it worked"

Grats! And grats on the mount! Derpy lizard is a thing and I still feel bad taking it from the rest of our cross-server group and their server first flaunting ;_;
but then derpy lizard soooo

AST was 'main healing' because of the hate issues and alike.

Yup. That was the conclusion we came to in prog of "Soooo, can we just make the WHM not heal?" :|

Village

I got a more Mongolian feel from the Au Ra this expac. but yeah, loved it. Hien was great too. Easily the best character in the expac.

That's fair, IIRC the sir names ( clan names) are based on Mongolian , that said, the tapestry , and the giant structions, like the sun aztech sun faces, some of the rock monsters, and the type of huts really read Africa/ Native america mix

That said, much like all things in final fantasy its probably all of those things.

Like heavensword being like " hey western European castle and Catholicism but in russia, with dinosaur land just around the corner"

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I assumed the kharlu bowl was a reference to Karakorum, but yeah I can see the mesoamerican influence now I think about it.

I was halfway through typing out a post about wishing they'd made female Au Ra closer to femroes than Miqo'te, but then I realized like three people play femroes and everybody plays waifus and we're doomed forever.
I've never been in a party without a roegadame, I don't know what you're talking about.

I finished my first job quest line through lvl. 70 (Monk). I just realized I'm going to have to wait until the next expansion to continue the story for my jobs. That's definitely the longest wait for me since getting FFXIV. :(

Village

So uh, ok. I saw the gifs for the XV multiplayer beta... Can final fantasy XXI or whenever the next mmo is look like that. Not just like visual fedility, I mean, instead of the old knights mixed with flying ships , but more modern day but with crazy fantasy shit in it. I would play the shit out of a FF mmo that was like that

The conclusion we can draw is that Xaela are the best

Truth facts, Its hard not to be cool when you are born into this world looking like a satan

I finally got my PC back and set everything up. I'm getting some weird lag that I wasn't getting on PS4. PC is hooked via ethernet and I have firewall turned off. Any idea what it could be?

I can notice it on my GCD, and it doesn't always register my inputs. Also, combos don't register as quickly. It's totally fucking my rotations on DRK and MCH. Pls help.

That's fair, IIRC the sir names ( clan names) are based on Mongolian , that said, the tapestry , and the giant structions, like the sun aztech sun faces, some of the rock monsters, and the type of huts really read Africa/ Native america mix

That said, much like all things in final fantasy its probably all of those things.

Like heavensword being like " hey western European castle and Catholicism but in russia, with dinosaur land just around the corner"

True, maybe the Mongolian vibe was more of the region and warring tribe aspect. Also lmao at the dinosaurs.

I'm a little irritated that I missed savage last week, my FC kinda flaked on me and went during my work hours. Guess I'm going to have to rely on Party Finder and hope they don't mind taking a MNK.

Leveling up NIN but not sure if I like it as much as MNK now, so much micro management on utilities yet it's the raid crutch job people want.

rubius01

Iwas thinking the same. I looks mongolian at the surface, but its a mixture of quite a bit of pastoral societies. The music during the day, for example sounds much more stereotypical african than mongolian. But alot of their customs seem to be more Dothraki inspired than anything taken from reality.

With all the talk of female Au Ra being waifu bait (depending on which you pick, I guess), I feel like they were also kind of intended to be more dynamic in how they presented. Sadu and several of her tribe are definitely not waifu bait.

I still wish you could just pick a set of emotes for your character to make this a bit better, because having mine sit is not what was intended. My Hyur, before this, sat perfectly fine (if a bit more dainty than I would have liked).

I guess I'm just wishing we could, I dunno, get more sit/point/whatever emotes. Just let us pick the set instead. That is my only regret going Hyur > Au Ra.

Oh and let me make her taller. I went from a 6ft goddess to a 5ft nothing... cutie.

rubius01

With all the talk of female Au Ra being waifu bait (depending on which you pick, I guess), I feel like they were also kind of intended to be more dynamic in how they presented. Sadu and several of her tribe are definitely not waifu bait.

I still wish you could just pick a set of emotes for your character to make this a bit better, because having mine sit is not what was intended. My Hyur, before this, sat perfectly fine (if a bit more dainty than I would have liked).

I guess I'm just wishing we could, I dunno, get more sit/point/whatever emotes. Just let us pick the set instead. That is my only regret going Hyur > Au Ra.

Oh and let me make her taller. I went from a 6ft goddess to a 5ft nothing... cutie.

Meh, they wouldn't be that bad if they got rid of their nasty scales and horns.

and made them lala

Edzi

Joined my first farm party and went through Susano EX about 5 times last night. I finally feel like I'm no longer just some scrub stumbling through this game.

Fixed my issue. It was the Nvidia control panel causing shit to run amok.

Here's some glam shots I took while trying to fix this and not being able to play tho

1920x1080.png.805303a75a324d6987a876202a352483

1920x1080.png.cfe36aa51ee549bf94b56132f678be93

Meh, they wouldn't be that bad if they got rid of their nasty scales and horns.

Yeah, you can remove like 2 sections of scales and even then only on the face. I would have expected/wanted to remove more. Some outfits make my girl look like she has a tramp stamp and I just... no.

There's just something lame about Miqo'te.

Not even talking about the "waifu" stuff that people go on about. Just something about their design rubs me the wrong way. It's either the proportions, faces, animations or some combination of all of the above.

I think it's a matter of how they are executed, I have no problems with cat inspired races in games it's just that Miqo'te specifically come across as awkward to me for some reason(s).

Not even talking about the "waifu" stuff that people go on about. Just something about their design rubs me the wrong way. It's either the proportions, faces, animations or some combination of all of the above.

I think it's a matter of how they are executed, I have no problems with cat inspired races in games it's just that Miqo'te specifically come across as awkward to me for some reason(s).

Nah, they're just really cringeworthy.

Edzi

Nah, they're just really cringeworthy.

Don't be jealous of the best race.

Not sure what you could mean by the proportions, they look like they have the most balanced proportions alongside Hyur.

EDIT: Proof

MogCakes

After being an au ra for a couple of days I'm used to it and I kinda prefer this look to my catgirl. I am definitely one of those waifu types everyone complains about though.

At work now, so I can only post the lodestone picture. Might post more later.

f112f4ce3edfedf76c037af89920b5af_c514cdcdb619439df97d906d4434ccc6fl0_640x873.jpg

Edzi

After being an au ra for a couple of days I'm used to it and I kinda prefer this look to my catgirl. I am definitely one of those waifu types everyone complains about though.

At work now, so I can only post the lodestone picture. Might post more later.

f112f4ce3edfedf76c037af89920b5af_c514cdcdb619439df97d906d4434ccc6fl0_640x873.jpg

The infection on your chest is showing through, you should cover up.

To be specific, I have zero problems with the male Miqo'te. They look fine to me.

Oh, then carry on. I agree about the female Miqo'te designs, with the exception being Y'shtola. Something about her design/model seems different than the rest of the player models. It's something about the faces.

I just wish there were more options if you wanted to do a character with a bigger build. Your choices are basically male Au Ra or a male/female Roe and of those three the only one that actually looks decent is a Femroe.

Astral

I don't know how anyone can hate female Lalafells. They're adorable. Fuck all the males though. Especially the ones with facial hair.

There's Highlanders too

I remember initially making a Highlander when I did my switch to Femroe but something ended up bothering me before I finalised the change and so I went with Femroe instead. I think my problem was with the height, since I was changing from a Lala I wanted to be as tall as possible and Highlander wasn't cutting it.

iammeiam

I don't know how anyone can hate female Lalafells. They're adorable. Fuck all the males though. Especially the ones with facial hair.

Female lalafell not having access to the facial hair options remains one of the great injustices of ffxiv. Don't tell me I can't have a goatee, I am a walking potato and the normal rules do not apply :|

kagamin

I didn't choose the punch life, the punch life choose me.
Code:
[IMG]http://img2.finalfantasyxiv.com/f/913df3c2b35af66feb193dd0c3c88d7e_a91aae52cff9ef65932db06b150ffd47fl0_640x873.jpg?1501801455[/IMG]

Top Bottom