• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Zomba13

Shame the event stuff this year seems so lazy. dyable dungeon gear, a poster, the song from the sentai event (it is that right?) and some shaved ice.

studyguy

Tx3CG_libQ0bkhqPV3aW_wuFfE.png
D A T A S S

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I don't think it's possible to make a Miquote look that mature either.

Au'ra seems to be what everyone makes theirs to be, but it seems like her skin disease started affecting one of her eyes though. 😬

MechaX

Bane won't really do anything about the current state of SMN. I wonder whats this about system changes, though.

Hm... this may be a long shot, but I wonder if they explored folding Summon Bahamut and DWT into one thing (in other words, ditch Bahamut stacks and at level 70 have DWT automatically bring out Bahamut too). They would have to adjust the potencies for a lot of shit + wyrmwave but SMN would still be able to summon Bahamut, but could still operate in a HW fashion of focusing around faster 60 sec aetherflow management as opposed to 2 minutes of awkward juggling. Dying would still hurt, but you could just focus on getting to your Super DWT only vs how it is now.

And for the issue of Bahamut blocking shit more frequently, that is where the size change aspect is imperative (or just make it not fucking move or follow you given how it's range is a literal football field).

Eldren

Huh , i guess I worded it weird. I like your outfit and it looks really cool. It just to me has a lot of modern anime aesthetics to it, which I like a lot in how its working on it.

Ah ok, well in that case I'll take it as a compliment, cheers.

I'm not too bothered about the Moonfire gear. It's extremely popular (every other female Miqo'te and Au Ra in Rhalgr's Reach is wearing some version of it) and I don't think I've ever worn any of the event gear anyway.

What does bother me
aside from the unrealistic body proportions in the artwork...
is that they decided to lock the crafter/gatherer gear to those classes only so you can't glamour that awesome jacket to a combat class. It's the first time they've done that I think and it's upsetting because that jacket is one of the best pieces in the entire game.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ah ok, well in that case I'll take it as a compliment, cheers.

I'm not too bothered about the Moonfire gear. It's extremely popular (every other female Miqo'te and Au Ra in Rhalgr's Reach is wearing some version of it) and I don't think I've ever worn any of the event gear anyway.

What does bother me
aside from the unrealistic body proportions in the artwork...
is that they decided to lock the crafter/gatherer gear to those classes only so you can't glamour that awesome jacket to a combat class. It's the first time they've done that I think and it's upsetting because that jacket is one of the best pieces in the entire game.

Keep saying it. They need to copy FFXI and make all gear glamable on any job so long as it's leveled.

I would love to perm-glam some of my job specific craft gear on other jobs.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Ishikawa Natsuko (who wrote Coil, ROG, DRK 30-50 questlines) apparently wrote Azim Steppe and BLM SB quests.

Not even surprised! She's the best they've got and she hits 10 out of 10 every time.

It's also her birthday today!

Astral

Should I do the Binding Coil if Bahamut any time soon considering the gear I'll get won't be worth anything at this point?

Eldren

Should I do the Binding Coil if Bahamut any time soon considering the gear I'll get won't be worth anything at this point?

Definitely, it has some of the absolute best story and lore in the entire game. If you can get a pre-made party and do it unsynced it's pretty easy.

Unless I do that, people are gonna wanna skip everything aren't they?
It's more like people won't want to do it at all unless you do it like that. The cutscenes and the fights cant start until you finish watching them so you don't have to worry about another Castrum

Astral

It's more like people won't want to do it at all unless you do it like that. The cutscenes and the fights cant start until you finish watching them so you don't have to worry about another Castrum

Yep. Some of the fights are cutscene heavy, so you'll want to make a party where everyone is okay with watching all the cutscenes.

There's even an FMV in there that's exclusive to the questline.

The bigger problem if you try doing it in DF it would be actually clearing it. Good luck doing T9 synced with randos.

Dammit I missed a lot by not playing this game when everything was fresh. I think I'll leave it for when I'm done with HW and SB then. I don't wanna delay the expansions any longer.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Ishikawa Natsuko (who wrote Coil, ROG, DRK 30-50 questlines) apparently wrote Azim Steppe and BLM SB quests.

Not even surprised! She's the best they've got and she hits 10 out of 10 every time.

It's also her birthday today!
Neat! The Azim Steppe quests were the best. Sadu, Magnai, and Cirina are probably my three favorite characters from this expansion so far.

Man, I hate this new art style or whatever but i'm pretty sure it's impossible to make a catgirl look like that. I'd play one if they looked mature.... maybe. Also, yeah another lazy event.... we just got that swimsuit from that dungeon xD but it was on twitter last week so I already knew it was coming. Sometimes I think SE just rushes these events. There are some good rewards but this reskin is just terrible since it's super lazy to design the exact same piece as shisui striking but dyeable.

Just finished up Stormblood MSQ. It got a bit Les Miserables at the end there lol.

I liked it. Doma was phenomenal. The story, locations, characters, and music there were perfection. I still think I like HW better because I thought Ala Mihgo was lacking. My favorite part of that storyline was
Estinien showing up to wreck the cannon, so I guess HW still has a stronger hold on me!

MVP was the Azim Steppes and the Xaela tribes.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Just finished up Stormblood MSQ. It got a bit Les Miserables at the end there lol.

I liked it. Doma was phenomenal. The story, locations, characters, and music there were perfection. I still think I like HW better because I thought Ala Mihgo was lacking. My favorite part of that storyline was
Estinien showing up to wreck the cannon, so I guess HW still has a stronger hold on me!

MVP was the Azim Steppes and the Xaela tribes.

Than join the great debate! What did you think of Lyse?
Did she deserved her leader position handed down to her? Did she do anything substantial through the MSQs outside being a downer, yelling, getting angry at people for not joining the Resistance and punching things?

I curious about your opinion in her because around here you either like her or not. I don't...

Edzi

Kahran Leah in-game:

WKbNtDI.jpg

All of these items are just stock stuff you get from completing Stormblood-quests but I really like them. Purples and blues go great with my character.

I'm assuming that's the tigerskin coat, right? I'm using that too, but how did you manage to change the colors on different areas of the armor?

Maybe I'm just getting old or I was spoiled by The Burning Crusade but I really can't stand these brain dead aoe fest speed runs they call dungeons anymore.

Pffft, lookit all these whiners complaining about the Moonfire rewards. Don't even try to deny like y'all aren't gonna still do it to get dyeable fashion.

Rua

Maybe I'm just getting old or I was spoiled by The Burning Crusade but I really can't stand these brain dead aoe fest speed runs they call dungeons anymore.

I've never liked them for the same reason. I don't ever run expert roulette, I can cap my weekly tomes without it.

Also wasn't bothered when they said they're only adding one expert dungeon in odd patches or whatever.

DarkKyo

That looks ridiculous (in the good way). What gear is that? Feel free to spoiler if it's a grey area - still in Heavensward here.

Thank you!!
Here's all the pieces I used:

Weapon: Endless Expanse Greatsword
Head: Prototype Alexandrian Visor of Fending
Body: Proto Ultima Mesh
Arms: Augmented Hellfire Gauntlets of Fending (dyed)
Legs: Dravanian Longkilt of Fending
Feet: Augmented Shire Custodian's Sollerets (dyed)

It's gear from all over the place in Heavensward assembled for the purpose of a cohesive glamour/look. In terms of spoilers maybe the weapon is the only pertinent story fight in Heavensward that could potentially spoil something for you. The rest are probably fine to look up how to get them, I think.

I've never liked them for the same reason. I don't ever run expert roulette, I can cap my weekly tomes without it.

Also wasn't bothered when they said they're only adding one expert dungeon in odd patches or whatever.

Running dungeons used to be why I liked mmos working with a team but there's no team work with every pull being 3 wimpy mobs or two strong mobs that you aoe down while everyone watches Netflix. In HW I capped my tomes doing PVP but I've lost interest in even doing that lately.

Edzi

This is probably why I've been gravitating towards ex trials/raids now. It's still fun when you get new people, but going through the expert roulette with parties who know what to do can get kinda boring.

Than join the great debate! What did you think of Lyse?
Did she deserved her leader position handed down to her? Did she do anything substantial through the MSQs outside being a downer, yelling, getting angry at people for not joining the Resistance and punching things?

I curious about your opinion in her because around here you either like her or not. I don't...

Alrighty. Lyse was...

Just kinda there. No doubt she was an asset to resistance morale due to her father and her desire to help and she was fine taking up a leadership position after Conrad's death because the war didn't last much longer after that event. I'm unsure of her role going forward. There was no character introduced that made me believe they could lead the freed nation. The Resistance, yes. The nation, no. Not like Hien in Doma. Lyse sure as shit can't lead the nation, neither could Conrad or Raubahn.

I didn't hate Lyse, but she failed to make an impact unlike when we journeyed with Iceheart and Estinien, or even Gosetsu in Stormblood. She did get annoying with all the yelling she did at people for not immediately rising up and risking their necks to fight.

Gator86

I really dislike the AOE speedrun dungeons. I vastly prefer smaller groups of genuinely dangerous enemies. This is especially true as a sub-60 Dragoon - just spamming the same skill for 59 levels and counting...

Astral

I got grouped up with a party of newbies in the Duty Roulette and went around aggroing everything in sight when I noticed the tank kept pulling one or two enemies at a time. I think I made his life difficult lol. But he's gotta learn!

Edzi

I got grouped up with a party of newbies in the Duty Roulette and went around aggroing everything in sight when I noticed the tank kept pulling one or two enemies at a time. I think I made his life difficult lol. But he's gotta learn!

Nah, you shouldn't be pulling if you're not the tank.

This is probably why I've been gravitating towards ex trials/raids now. It's still fun when you get new people, but going through the expert roulette with parties who know what to do can get kinda boring.

I really dislike the AOE speedrun dungeons. I vastly prefer smaller groups of genuinely dangerous enemies. This is especially true as a sub-60 Dragoon - just spamming the same skill for 59 levels and counting...

I do enjoy doing EX trials but I wanted to tank and that means more brain dead leveling dungeons I got to 65 on my warrior and just gave up. It doesn't help that the Stormblood dungeons are super bland at least to me.

It ruins the game I'd rather have no trash like raids then to have trash which is obviously only there to paid out the dungeon and serves no purpose since the mobs aren't dangerous unless you have 12 of them wailing on you.

Guess Who

Banned

I definitely wouldn't recommend doing that, even if your tank is going slow. Newbie tanks especially need to learn at their own pace how much they can pull. It's frustrating when you're trying to manage aggro and someone else keeps pulling ahead of you - for the healer, too, since they now need to keep an eye on both the tank and the DPS who's pulling. Newbie healers can also struggle to heal tanks who pull big.

Squishy3

Learning aggro management in the lower dungeons is also the key part to being a competent tank, because if you can manage it in low level dungeons when you barely have access to any enmity generating skills or your tank stance, you're going to have 0 problems with it in any content post tank stance, especially with all the other party members now being able to manage their enmity themselves.

Top Bottom