• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Berordn

Just finished the MSQ through the end of Heavensward base game. About to start the post-game. Heavenward was terrific. Cant wait to see Stormblood. That said,
you accomplish hilariously little in HW. It begins with Nidhogg ready to attack and ends with Nidhogg ready to attack.
At least you got two Ascians though.

Thankfully the HW postgame quests actually do continue that story in a much more satisfying way than ARR's 7th Astral Era nonsense. The credits rolling actually mean very little.

Guess Who

Banned
Save for one guy and myself, my entire full party right now was a bunch of cats.

EDIT: So I realized I'm almost level 60 so the next step is to buy Shire gear right? The next best thing after that looks to be Lost Allagan gear purchased with tomestones of creation. Not sure how to get these. Then after that it's savage gear. Is this correct?

Yup, once you're at 60 Shire gear is the best thing to invest in. Lost Allagan gear/tomes of creation is level 70.

Just finished the MSQ through the end of Heavensward base game. About to start the post-game. Heavenward was terrific. Cant wait to see Stormblood. That said,
you accomplish hilariously little in HW. It begins with Nidhogg ready to attack and ends with Nidhogg ready to attack.

You do
kill the leader of Ishgard and thus effectively overthrow their government.

That's cause
3.3 is the ACTUAL end of Heavensward. And it's one of the best patches MSQ wise.

Gator86

Thankfully the HW postgame quests actually do continue that story in a much more satisfying way than ARR's 7th Astral Era nonsense. The credits rolling actually mean very little.

That's cause
3.3 is the ACTUAL end of Heavensward. And it's one of the best patches MSQ wise.

Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to the post-game for HW. It was an endless slog of bullshit for ARR but it sounds a lot more interesting for HW.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

I hope post SB stuff is done well since it really does wrap things up in 4.0.

Astral

Yup, once you're at 60 Shire gear is the best thing to invest in. Lost Allagan gear/tomes of creation is level 70.

Damn that means I'm gonna be at least slightly above 60 by the time I get the Shire gear since the place you get them at is blocked off and I apparently can't access it till a level 58 MSQ. I'm 57 but still doing level 50 story quests.

It is mindboggling how some people can get so far and know so little. I've had people refuse to use enmity combos because "they do less damage" in a 4man dungeon. I hope they get bit by a sugarglider.
If nothing else the experience has now led to me learning about sugargliders so I'd say it was all worth it.
A friend of mine played a Marauder up to 60 in HW and got high end crafted gear. Then he did roulettes and 24 man raids to see how people would react. Apparently people don't care. And he didn't even have trouble to tank through everything.
This is kind of blowing my mind given that I see people complain about far less pretty frequently.

LordKasual

Banned
They also lowered F4 base cast time, and while it doesn't sound like much, believe me, it's huge. BLM is now the best it's ever been.
You're not supposed to flare in single target with F4 as it is right now.

The only ???? part about BLM right now is that F2 is utterly weaksauce

Likely because of the Flare + Umbral Hearts upgrade and Foul

If they had that extra potency on Fire II then they'd just shit hard over every other class in AoE

I'm currently torn between leveling Ninja or BLM now.

On one hand, Ninja gets almost nothing but DPS skills in Stormblood...on the other, they fixed EVERYTHING i complained about with BLM in Stormblood.

Berordn

I hope post SB stuff is done well since it really does wrap things up in 4.0.

There's a whole lot of different directions they could take it (rebuilding of both Gyr Abania and Doma, that cliffhanger with those dead people, empire seeking retaliation for the death of daddy's little boy) but knowing them, they're just going to let those plot threads dangle for eternity and do more Ascian stupidity.

scy

Any free solution (legally) to change audio channels without rebooting the game?

"Hey PF, we're in Discord"
"Ok, lemme quit out of the game so I can hear"

Your best bet may be using Virtual Audio Cable or Voicemeeter, or any other similar audio routing, to handle the swapping or reouting or whatever you need of your audio since FFXIV doesn't play nice otherwise.

Basically just make a separate source that XIV is pumping audio to and then have that source output to your headphones; as long as the source itself is never cut off, it'll keep working even when you change outputs.

ch4fx_

Somewhat stuck. Excuse my poor terminology, but here's where I'm at --

I've made it to the next to last story mission in ARR, Rock the Castrum, & it wants me to run a dungeon I'm not geared for. I did get a prompt telling me I can buy stuff from Auriana in Revenants Toll, but said items require "tomes of poetics" & I can't figure out how to obtain any.

Googling, I was able to find out (some?) dungeons give tomes upon completion, as well as some daily roulette activities. My problem is I don't think I've unlocked any of the dungeons that give out tomes, & the only categories I have under daily roulette are: leveling & guildheist. I did run straight through the MSQ up to where I am now, so I'm afraid I might have missed something I need to do to unlock the higher level dungeons, roulettes, etc.

Xux

Somewhat stuck. Excuse my poor terminology, but here's where I'm at --

I've made it to the next to last story mission in ARR, Rock the Castrum, & it wants me to run a dungeon I'm not geared for. I did get a prompt telling me I can buy stuff from Auriana in Revenants Toll, but said items require "tomes of poetics" & I can't figure out how to obtain any.

Googling, I was able to find out (some?) dungeons give tomes upon completion, as well as some daily roulette activities. My problem is I don't think I've unlocked any of the dungeons that give out tomes, & the only categories I have under daily roulette are: leveling & guildheist. I did run straight through the MSQ up to where I am now, so I'm afraid I might have missed something I need to do to unlock the higher level dungeons, roulettes, etc.
Have you done your Job quests through level 50? Those give level iLvl 90 gear when you beat the level 50 one plus you learn job abilities.

Squishy3

There's a whole lot of different directions they could take it (rebuilding of both Gyr Abania and Doma, that cliffhanger with those dead people, empire seeking retaliation for the death of daddy's little boy) but knowing them, they're just going to let those plot threads dangle for eternity and do more Ascian stupidity.
Yoshida basically said there's a branching point they have in the 4.1 scenario where the dev team is deciding if they want to pursue the Garlean story or a grander story.

G: Up to what point have you already decided the future of the storyline? How far forward are you thinking with Stormblood‘s storytelling?

NY: While it's still very rough at this point, we have kind of mapped it until the last part of 5.0. About the narrative of 4.0, we are already planning for the 4.X patches and especially for their beginning chapters. The plot for 4.1 is coming together as we speak, but there is one point I'm thinking about, and considering that we might change it. Do we still want to move in a straightforward manner and fight the Garlean Empire, or is this an opportunity to consider fighting a more fantastical sort of enemy that threatens the realm... or something like that.

http://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-interview-naoki-yoshida/

ch4fx_

Have you done your Job quests through level 50? Those give level iLvl 90 gear when you beat the level 50.

I had not, but I'm finishing it up now! I had the level 45 WHM quest in my quest log, so I'll knock that out & the level 50 one, then hopefully finish ARRs main story.

Thank you!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Flying through Ruby Sea and I spot this random flame floating in midair....

oCBr1Bf.png

Luigi87

Bluh, still waiting to hear back from Squenix about having my Software Token removed (broke my old phone)... can take up to a week apparently...

Meanwhile Blizzard removed my authenticator from that account within four minutes of submitting a ticket.

Bluh, still waiting to hear back from Squenix about having my Software Token removed (broke my old phone)... can take up to a week apparently...

Meanwhile Blizzard removed my authenticator from that account within four minutes of submitting a ticket.

I had to get a token removed twice recently because my phone kept wiping the cache for the app for some reason. My advice is to ditch the email and just use the Live Chat support.

The first time with live chat, I was afk when the agent connected, but he saw that I had verified all my information in the ticket and so removed it without me having to ask him. Next time after that was similarly painless.

The email support will take a week to get back to you just to say they needed one more piece of info.

Astral

Damn did they recast everyone except the Coerthas folk? I miss Sam Regal. And Urianger isn't fucking Balthier anymore. They better not have recast Yda...

Berordn

Yoshida basically said there's a branching point they have in the 4.1 scenario where the dev team is deciding if they want to pursue the Garlean story or a grander story.

http://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-interview-naoki-yoshida/

Not pursuing the Garlean story is making the same mistakes as they did with the Warriors of Darkness in my eyes. The entire expansion was building up to an escalation with them, if we focus on anything else it's just going to end up underdeveloped again...

Luminaire

Thanks, man. I'm listening to a recent episode about White Mage changes in Stormblood and it's very educational; really enjoying it.

MogTalk is great. State of the Realm is great. I haven't bothered to check any others out as I'm pretty particular about my podcasts. Do be prepared for the Xeno episodes if you haven't heard them yet. Some people found themselves rather offended/put off by how he is. He's fine overall.

Steiner

Banned
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to get into the game on PC or get a friend into it.

I got a complete set up for one of my best friends to play with me, and he never got around to doing it -- and he never will. Selling it all off in the BST thread. Complete edition of the game (ARR, Heavensward, Stormblood) with a 60-day time card and the two jump potions. Everything is discounted, obviously.

Yeah, we were gonna go all in. Yeah, my spirit is a little wounded.

Man, these fucking Astral Era quests are never going to end. I'm at lv57 and still haven't even gotten to Shiva yet

Edit: Is Moenbraya meant to be Australian? She seems to have a hint of an accent

Anyone here have sb on an external drive? I just moved xiv from internal to external Ssd and its only 11.48 gb, something isnt right here it should be 60 gb? Can anyone check for me if you have the same size?

20170806_191255ynuii.jpg

Didn't see the post ..but it's the same thing for me. Btw , If you use the drive on another PS4 , the launcher will try to redownload 26gb+ of files... if you cancel ,that update , you will be able to use the drive install on your own PS4 just fine.

I learned that when i wanted to show the game to a friends using my account.
So weird.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Didn't see the post ..but it's the same thing for me. Btw , If you use the drive on another PS4 , the launcher will try to redownload 26gb+ of files... if you cancel ,that update , you will be able to use the drive install on your own PS4 just fine.

I learned that when i wanted to show the game to a friends using my account.
So weird.

Thanks!

You should call the support line if possible. It will be way faster than dealing with ticket support. Took me less than 5 minutes to get it removed over the phone

Guess Who

Banned
The arena you fight Ravana in fucking sucks. Your vision is constantly blocked if you move too far away.

If you haven't learned this yet - the correct way to play this game is zoomed all the way out with the camera at like 70 degrees above the ground

Astral

If you haven't learned this yet - the correct way to play this game is zoomed all the way out with the camera at like 70 degrees above the ground

Oh yeah I always see people play it like that but I don't like it. It's definitely becoming necessary though now that I have a spell that requires me to move a cursor around.

Euphony

Banned
Would I be hurting myself if I wanted to switch jobs to try something new while leveling? Or should I just stick with my level 37 SCH until max level and then try out the other jobs.

Your best bet may be using Virtual Audio Cable or Voicemeeter, or any other similar audio routing, to handle the swapping or reouting or whatever you need of your audio since FFXIV doesn't play nice otherwise.

Basically just make a separate source that XIV is pumping audio to and then have that source output to your headphones; as long as the source itself is never cut off, it'll keep working even when you change outputs.

So annoying that this game lacks such a basic feature. I went ahead and downloaded Voicemeeter and it works fine. Thank you.

The correct way to play is in first-person view.

With a VR Headset

Swuabino

Just finished up my platinum run on FF12 so I decided to resub to fill the hole in my life. My main is only a 33 summoner, but I want to finally get through ARR and HW to check out that sweet Stormblood goodness. So far I've been focusing exclusively on MSQs and paying a lot more attention to the story, and I'm loving it. Any key side things (retainers, crafting, etc.) I need to be sure to level as well so I don't screw myself over for end game?

I also submitted my application for the GAF guild, so hopefully I can run some of said end game content with you folks down the road.

Blitzhex

Finally got my group an O4S clear before reset. We lost way too much time this week due to an unstable internet connection with one or two members and my bard being out of town for the week, but we still managed to pull through.

Clear video

Nice, hows the difficulty compared to o3s?More complex mechanics and tank gets hit harder?
I haven't even looked at o4s yet.

Omni

Nice, hows the difficulty compared to o3s?More complex mechanics and tank gets hit harder?
I haven't even looked at o4s yet.
IMO it's harder than o3s but easier than a12s from last tier.

Also Exdeath is harder than Neo Exdeath for some reason (if you wipe to Exdeath it seems mostly due to RNG more than anything. At least in my experience). Neo is very scripted and doesn't even auto attack. I think I cast like two benefic IIs in the entire fight when I cleared, haha.

Just finished up my platinum run on FF12 so I decided to resub to fill the hole in my life. My main is only a 33 summoner, but I want to finally get through ARR and HW to check out that sweet Stormblood goodness. So far I've been focusing exclusively on MSQs and paying a lot more attention to the story, and I'm loving it. Any key side things (retainers, crafting, etc.) I need to be sure to level as well so I don't screw myself over for end game?

I also submitted my application for the GAF guild, so hopefully I can run some of said end game content with you folks down the road.

Be sure to level your retainers and send them out on ventures. I didn't start doing this until recently and considering I've been playing for 3 years, I've missed out on a lot of moniez

FInished the manderville quest line of ARR . the final battle was pretty cool visually.

I really laughed a lot during the last 2 episodes .. is there more manderville planned or added in heavensward/stormblood ?

Berordn

FInished the manderville quest line of ARR . the final battle was pretty cool visually.

I really laughed a lot during the last 2 episodes .. is there more manderville planned or added in heavensward/stormblood ?

Manderville is the actual MSQ. He's in HW (though it's not as good as ARR) and they almost outright state that he's going to end up in the Far East in the finale for that.

Top Bottom