• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Well wasn't having issues for a while there. Couldn't get Cold Steel quest to go, so went off to go unlock RDM and SAM and then swing back around.

Got booted first time, queue was about 1,200.

Get in, try again and booted. Queue nearly 3,000.

Got DC'd trying to POTD.

Queue of 600.

Waits a minute.

Queue now 900+.

Didn't know that's how queues worked.

I DCed, I queued with 600ish, queue over, loading screen, 90002 DC again during loading, queue 850. Good stuff. I just want to get that MSQ out of the way when it's kinda maybe working before the weekend.

Alo0oy

Banned
Matchmaking when playing anything but a Tank is a pain. I think I'll abandon the Red Mage for now. Duty Finder puts you in a group in less than 5 seconds with a Tank, but it takes upwards of 20 minutes even in the most mundane activities when playing a DPS.

EDIT: I think II'll use a Gladiator instead of a warrior this time, any good tips for powerleveling from level 20? Levequests? Dungeons?

Luminaire

Finally get into the instance.

Black screen with a loading icon.

And I get a 90002.

FUCK YOU SQUARE ENIX

TAG-TEAM FUCK YOU SQUARE ENIX I DONT EVEN CARE IF I WASNT TAGGED IN YET

I ended up just using a macro on my keyboard that spammed the instance while I did other stuff. Lines can burn.

Gala

Set the alarm clock to 3:15am to try Cold Steel again and there were still tons of people trying it. But it worked. Thank god.

FML...AVOID COLD STEEL!!! sat in queue for like 10 minutes...clicked the quest finally and got booted out of game and back in queue...yeah I'm done for the night

R0ckman

Maybe I shouldn't PvP. Was completely fine until I tried another round, booted from entire world stuck in a close to 2000 queue

FML...AVOID COLD STEEL!!! sat in queue for like 10 minutes...clicked the quest finally and got booted out of game and back in queue...yeah I'm done for the night

Did this to me twice. Queue size nearly doubled the 2nd time and I'm still waiting. I think it was about 2,700 or so and now I'm.. 1,564.

Foxxsoxx

Maybe I shouldn't PvP. Was completely fine until I tried another round, booted from entire world stuck in a close to 2000 queue

Jesus 2,000 is crazy....

Got sam to 54, played a little of the MSQ with bard and really like the changes but I want to level so many jobs...

Bard.
Machinist.
Samurai.
Red Mage.

But what do I choose...

Aquila

Reading this thread, sounds like I'm not missing much but I preordered off Amazon the other day and still haven't gotten my early access/item codes. I talked with their customer service and got one code but it doesn't work on mogstation. It's a 123456-123-123456-123 kind of redemption code. Am I inputting in the wrong section or am I just SoL?

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Got to play for several hours, but then tried to do the 51 dungeon and got kicked right when the party formed. Now I can't even connect to server (2002 error).

Zomba13

Yeah, trying to do some HW primal fights with the FC to help out and it's just luck of the drawn on if trying to get into the instance will d/c you or not and then there are the big queues to get back in. I think when I get in I'll stick to the one I'm in and try and do some of the MSQ.

Wagram

Some people are making it through, but the cost for failing is much harsher than before. 90k and a 1,500+ queue that you can 90k again once trying to log in!

Cmagus

I've spent all day trying to get my account fixed. Waited over an hour each phone call on wait and I've talked to two reps who couldn't do anything and had no idea what the issue is and I've been sitting in queue for web chat going on 6 hours now with 249 people still in front of me. You'd think they would have people for customer service available for a fucking launch, I'm beyond pissed at this point.

Some people are making it through, but the cost for failing is much harsher than before. 90k and a 1,500+ queue that you can 90k again once trying to log in!

Nearly 2,700 or so queue.. now at 769. Bet your sweet ass I'm going to try Cold Steel again.

I've spent all day trying to get my account fixed. Waited over an hour each phone call on wait and I've talked to two reps who couldn't do anything and had no idea what the issue is and I've been sitting in queue for web chat going on 6 hours now with 249 people still in front of me. You'd think they would have people for customer service available for a fucking launch, I'm beyond pissed at this point.

That's crappy, sorry you're going through that shit. It seems their customer support is hit or miss. I've generally had good experiences over the years with the customer service, though most of it was back playing FFXI.

Luminaire

Finally got to finish Cold Steel. Skipped all the cutscenes afterwards because I didn't wanna risk it. The whole server dying must've helped.

Ala Alba

I was running PotD with no problems, suddenly 90002 upon entering another time.

Wait through a 900 player queue, immediate 90002, back to a 1009 player queue.

iammeiam

It does look like they raised the limiter and are just letting the instance servers boot us.

Queued for first dungeon, popped, 4/4, infinite zoning... 90k. But my character location is, indeed, the dungeon, so I half expect to find out I'm stuck in limbo now.

Still preferable to the nigh-impossible solo instance before, but man there are gonna be some salty DPS if all dungeons are like this.

R0ckman

It does look like they raised the limiter and are just letting the instance servers boot us.

Queued for first dungeon, popped, 4/4, infinite zoning... 90k. But my character location is, indeed, the dungeon, so I half expect to find out I'm stuck in limbo now.

Still preferable to the nigh-impossible solo instance before, but man there are gonna be some salty DPS if all dungeons are like this.

Yeah I knew this would be more effective, but more annoying at a price. Just boot a crap ton of players so a small rush can make it through bit by bit rather than just sit there clogged.

Shahed

Most people on Odin seem to get past the Raubahn Cold Steel quest. The city of Rhalgr is completely messed though since everyone is now going there same time for the next several MSQ's. Can't even pick up the items

iammeiam

Yeah I knew this would be more effective, but more annoying at a price. Just boot a crap ton of players so a small rush can make it through bit by bit rather than just sit there clogged.

I honestly don't know? If they'd done this twelve hours ago things would be much more spread out. They've now guaranteed a ton of people are going to hit the second instance in waves, and that ton of people is now expanded to include the people who were PotDing SAM and RDM to 60 twelve hours ago.

Had they just gone with letting things be rocky from the start, everyone would have suffered, but it'd have been less concentrated.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Whelp, tired of the disconnects and errors. I'm done until everything is confirmed sorted.

Really bummed about this early launch. HW went so smoothly as I recall.

Stepped away, came back and was knocked off.

Queue is now 3,829. Holy fuck.

j8kfQRu.jpg

Top Bottom