• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Foxxsoxx

PVP giving XP is such a good change.

Really trying to get used to the new PVP system though.

RED MAGE OR HUNTER GUYS I NEED TO KNOWWWWW

ScrapBrain

This game right now...just...ugh

ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh. I tried to get into cold steel for around 5 hours, took a break and got in the line to see if that would help, waited another hour, got to the front, no dice after another 100 attempts. The story is the reason I play this game, and I'm blocked by the solo PVE instancing? Why isn't this handled client side anyways? It's a solo encounter, just transmit completion data to the server once it's done, this is ridiculous...

They say your body is 80% water...I have 80% brine right now due to all the added salt :(

Ozigizo

Boy, D/C'd after 3 successful potd runs and get back on to a 4000 person queue after fighting 2002 for an hour.

Christ. If I'm kicked off again I'm just gonna call it a night.

Qvoth

i'm kinda glad i chose not to keep trying raubahn's cold steel quest, seems like people really tried for hours and still couldn't get in
instead joined a fate party, then finished my ARR speed enhancements
hoping to reach at least 63 today

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Tech: "OK Sir, we've added instances to accommodate " “Best Served with Cold Steel". Should we do the same for the next solo instance 30 minutes later?"

YoshiP: "Nah. Fuck 'em. Fix it in 15 hours."

Aquila

Wow I'm dumb. Finally got the code to work, forgot to put in hyphens lol.

Any idea if I'll be able to log in past Tuesday if I level past 50? I never bought Heavensward and my Stormblood copy won't be delivered until Thursday apparently.

Marcel

I'm done. Even Destiny 1.0, a game I loathe, had a better launch day than this piece of shit.

Ala Mhigo can choke under the Garlean yolk for the next 100 years for all I care.

iammeiam

First dungeon down. Earthly Star is stupidly good, but I'm dumb and keep burning it right before aoe damage somehow. It's not quite Assize, but it's almost as good.

Now I'm getting the same "A system error occurred during event movement" message in the second MSQ duty...

I started yelling SKIP EVERYTHING as soon as people started getting into Cold Steel because... Yeah.

It seems to be happening intermittently everywhere, but if everyone watches cutscenes you're all gonna hit pipin at the same time and it's raubahn 2.0

Luminaire

First dungeon down. Earthly Star is stupidly good, but I'm dumb and keep burning it right before aoe damage somehow. It's not quite Assize, but it's almost as good.

I started yelling SKIP EVERYTHING as soon as people started getting into Cold Steel because... Yeah.

It seems to be happening intermittently everywhere, but if everyone watches cutscenes you're all gonna hit pipin at the same time and it's raubahn 2.0

Earthly Star is the best! So pretty.

Bowlie

Banned

I don't like losing story but I'll do that next time and watch people streaming the quests I skipped later. Better than to stay put for hours.

iammeiam

I don't like losing story but I'll do that next time and watch people streaming the quests I skipped later. Better than to stay put for hours.

It's starting to sound like there are a decent number of solo instances sort of throughout; just hit Kugane and /shout about one that's kicking people.

Doesn't sound as bad as Cold Steel, but I dunno if it's going to get worse.

scy

Earthly Star is the best! So pretty.

I still have spell effects off (RIP) so all I got to see was a fairly wide circle of yellow sparklies.

I actually managed to stay inside of it
once

Edit: Yeah, 90k'd at the next-next solo instance:
It's Probably A Trap
, tagged the name just in-case.

Luminaire

It's starting to sound like there are a decent number of solo instances sort of throughout; just hit Kugane and /shout about one that's kicking people.

Doesn't sound as bad as Cold Steel, but I dunno if it's going to get worse.
It'll get worse. The pileup from Raubahn is getting bigger and bigger.

iammeiam

Meanwhile I got in OK, and there doesn't seem to be a pileup of people at the questgiver so it's not super bad... yet.

It sounds like it's going to be easier to get through if you sprint; not sure if there's a point where you can have built up enough buffer to stay ahead.

Gattsu25

Banned
Note to players who initially owned FFXIV on PC before it was released on Steam and then decided to buy it on Steam when that version was available (and used the same email for both):

DO NOT BUY THE STEAM VERSION OF STORMBLOOD

Square will not let you redeem the steam keys on your account as they consider your account a non-steam PC account. You MUST buy the non-steam PC version of Stormblood from Square's store.

Consider that a PSA

Note to players who initially owned FFXIV on PC before it was released on Steam and then decided to buy it on Steam when that version was available (and used the same email for both):

Square will not let you redeem the steam keys on your account as they consider your account a non-steam PC account. You MUST buy the non-steam PC version of Stormblood from Square's store.

Consider that a PSA
This doesn't effect someone who bought the steam version in the first place right?

Gattsu25

Banned
This doesn't effect someone who bought the steam version in the first place right?
No, only the (hopefully) rare situation where they had a non-steam PC account before they rebought it on steam (IIRC FFXIV launched on steam at the same time as the 2.0 relaunch).

Still, it's something I would have liked to know before I bought the expansion on Steam.

Firebrand

Consider that a PSA

On the up-side, you can use discounts at GMG etc to get cheaper expansions. I wish I didn't have the Steam version...

Risev1

Hey guys. I'm just getting into the game, level 10 character. I'm wondering if it's necessary to do the hunting logs / dungeons / those quests which you pick up by the dozen from an NPC and then activate in a specific location in order to keep up with the main quest level requirements, or can I just ignore them for the most part?

kaze343

No, only the (hopefully) rare situation where they had a non-steam PC account before they rebought it on steam (IIRC FFXIV launched on steam at the same time as the 2.0 relaunch).

Still, it's something I would have liked to know before I bought the expansion on Steam.
pretty sure its listed somewhere that pc and steam arent the same thing. people ran into the same thing with HW

Hey guys. I'm just getting into the game, level 10 character. I'm wondering if it's necessary to do the hunting logs / dungeons / those quests which you pick up by the dozen from an NPC and then activate in a specific location in order to keep up with the main quest level requirements, or can I just ignore them for the most part?

ignore them, main story quests give you enough exp to just power through the story up until nearing lvl 50, at which point its faster (and much more fun) to do dungeons or POTD to keep lvling up at a pretty fast pace.

You don't have to do everything but some quests unlock stuff like PvP modes for instance or aether currents so you can fly in certain zones and you will have to do dungeons at some point during the MSQ anyway.

Gattsu25

Banned

Hunting logs are good bonus exp. Not mandatory IIRC

Dungeons are a great way to earn Exp as well as play with other players and learn your character. Queue up for Guildhests (think of these as trainer dungeons) while you are doing normal quests and when you are done with those then start Queuing up for dungeons.

The last type of quest you describe are Levequests. Those can give you some rewards that are valuable (including a currency that is eventually useful).

If you want to level up fast, in ranked order:
  1. Unlock the Palace of the Dead endless dungeon mode and play that. See this wiki page for details (look at the Floor 1-50 entry requirements): https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Palace_of_the_Dead#Floors_1_-_50
  2. Do Fates that are around your level (those are the blue circular zones with timed mission objectives that sometimes pop up while you are exploring) (this is tied with #3)
  3. Do all Guildhests as a tutorial and then do dungeons (this is tied with #2)
  4. When you are in a zone with a hunting log enemy, find them and get that bonus exp
  5. Do levequests

Omni

This Cold Steel quest is really starting to annoy me now.

Like did they not think about this at all? Why is "try again later" a reasonable response? It was broken last night. It was broken this morning when I woke up. And it's still broken now. I mean ffs

/rage

R0ckman

Going to laugh if I get to 70 with a character before I complete the story. This is absolute trash. Get out of one clog and into another, try to spend time in pvp, get booted on a match start up.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Tried to do a mainline story quest... got booted and have failed to log into the server for over 20 mins now... I haven't even bought stormblood, I just started playing the game this week and I'm only level 24. Didn't think I would have a worse online experience than the first week of MLB 17 this year but this tops it. Come on S-E :(

Zomba13

Stepped away, came back and was knocked off.

Queue is now 3,829. Holy fuck.

j8kfQRu.jpg

Don;t know if this is better or worst. (from like, 3 years ago)

Rua

I'm liking the pvp action changes but hate how unbalanced the jobs are.. If you're a melee dps in frontlines you're just gonna get shot from across the map from ranged dps before you can even get close to them.

Before you had stuff to deal with this like gap closers and defensive cooldowns but those are all gone, for the job I'm using anyways.

Top Bottom