• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Foxxsoxx

Welp gotten to the point to where I can't even log in anymore.

Every time I do its an error. Can't do samurai quest, can't do POTD....

Come on man.

Bebpo

Banned
Finally try out frontline for the first time and it disconnects trying to load it and then I get continually disconnected when I try to log back in ~_~

Uh, I don't think it knows where I am lol. I'm in Fringes but it keeps showing Ishgard art and then crashing.

*edit* can't get back to the game. Every time I wait through the queue it starts loading the map and I get a disconnect message now. Fuck. Was working all night outside cold steel MSQ for me.

Hmmm, it says my location is "The Fields of Glory" I wonder if that's screwing it up.

dili

Not sure if this has been answered yet or not but when exactly do i get Heavensward? I bought stormblood on steam and I don't see any option to DL heavensward

Foxxsoxx

ZYKkUY0.jpg

Squishy3

Not sure if this has been answered yet or not but when exactly do i get Heavensward? I bought stormblood on steam and I don't see any option to DL heavensward
You have it already. Nothing actually downloads through Steam, it's all through the XIV launcher.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Finally try out frontline for the first time and it disconnects trying to load it and then I get continually disconnected when I try to log back in ~_~

Uh, I don't think it knows where I am lol. I'm in Fringes but it keeps showing Ishgard art and then crashing.
Same. Ugh.

Bowlie

Banned

*edit* can't get back to the game. Every time I wait through the queue it starts loading the map and I get a disconnect message now. Fuck. Was working all night outside cold steel MSQ for me.

Hmmm, it says my location is "The Fields of Glory" I wonder if that's screwing it up.

exact same thing, holy fuck

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, I give up. Gonna do something else for a while and see if it fixes when server load lowers. Hope this isn't something like I'm stuck out of the game until they fix something on their side.

k1t4j

Holy shit so I noticed that the really cool monk garo gear can be used by Samurai

I don't even have a monk, lv 20 only, but i bought it because I thought it was a timed event and I didn't want to miss it ^^

Also guys, any ideas of where in HW map we could do some lv55+Lev quests or fate trains?

Without hitching on my GF SCH queues and after doing PoTD for 5 levels I need something else to get exp for a while or I'll go crazy :D

Holy shit so I noticed that the really cool monk garo gear can be used by Samurai

I don't even have a monk, lv 20 only, but i bought it because I thought it was a timed event and I didn't want to miss it ^^

Also guys, any ideas of where in HW map we could do some lv55+Lev quests or fate trains?

Without hitching on my GF SCH queues and after doing PoTD for 5 levels I need something else to get exp for a while or I'll go crazy :D

I think Churning Mists is the place to go for ~Lev 55 FATEs.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Yeah I called it quits for tonight, got out of one instanced bottleneck to arrive to another...
Im just gonna sleep it off and try again tomorrow.

Momentary

Banned
Is there any free time for returning players going on now or is it pay right out the game?Myself and a co-worker are thinking about jumping into this. Does the expansion come with Heavensward as well? Is this game super gear based or are things still doable with moderate gear like in Final Fantasy XI?

Is there any free time for returning players going on now or is it pay right out the game?Myself and a co-worker are thinking about jumping into this. Does the expansion come with Heavensward as well? Is this game super gear based or are things still doable with moderate gear like in Final Fantasy XI?
No free time and yes xpac includes HW. The later dungeons in HW have ilvl requirements but it's not super hard to get there.

AwShucks

Oh God, Trial roulette was one I haven't done in forever plus it was my first fight missing some previous abilities. That was confusing.

Firebrand

You can get 7 free days if someone in the game invites you back.

Finally finished the Ixali crafting line, and am starting to explore Heavensward. It's old news for so many folks at this point, but I'm really enjoying the introduction to Ishengard and the surrounding environs (though I can already tell that flying will make it MUCH easier to get around).

Queued for Daily Leveling and after 40 minutes (RDM DPS ohyeah), disconnected. And now I can't get in at all. Is this the famed 90002 everyone is talking about? Should have just stuck to the questing. :(

AwShucks

Anyone want to explain the whole Thunder I -> Thunder III thing? Like, it appears I can still use them individually, so how exactly is I now III?

MechaX

You know what's great? Apparently there is a third story solo-instance shortly after Pipin as well if some posts outside of GAF are to be believed!

Finally finished the Ixali crafting line, and am starting to explore Heavensward. It's old news for so many folks at this point, but I'm really enjoying the introduction to Ishengard and the surrounding environs (though I can already tell that flying will make it MUCH easier to get around).

Queued for Daily Leveling and after 40 minutes (RDM DPS ohyeah), disconnected. And now I can't get in at all. Is this the famed 90002 everyone is talking about? Should have just stuck to the questing. :(

Enjoy it man. Heavensward is an amazing expansion. The tone of the Dragonsong war, and the lore they craft is just phenomenal.

scy

You know what's great? Apparently there is a third story solo-instance shortly after Pipin as well if some posts outside of GAF are to be believed!

If it's the one I mentioned earlier, I crashed at it once but was fine after it. Haven't hit another bump after yet, however.

iammeiam

There is, but Pipin is essentially throttling everyone the way Raubahn was earlier. As long as 90% of everyone is stuck in one place, the quests after tend to work better. Most people were getting it on the second try when I went through. Failure means a long queue, though. So far it's been Solo Instance Solo Instance Dungeon Solo Instance Optional Dungeon Unlock that we got into instantly with no failures, not sure what next.

Basically if you get ahead, stay ahead. As soon as the mob gets there everything burns down on fire.

I could have sworn there was a option so I can fix the camera to look behind me while I run forward, am I crazy? I can do it if im standing still. But if I hold forward and try to position the camera my character just follows the direction of the camera. Anyway to change this?

Hope that makes sense

Edit: Figured out you have to hold backwards to do it, way different than what im use to lol

Anyone want to explain the whole Thunder I -> Thunder III thing? Like, it appears I can still use them individually, so how exactly is I now III?
Thunder 1 is a normal Thunder, Thunder 2 is AOE, Thunder 3 is an upgraded 1, Thunder 4 is an upgraded 2. Thunder does not stack.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
There is, but Pipin is essentially throttling everyone the way Raubahn was earlier. As long as 90% of everyone is stuck in one place, the quests after tend to work better. Most people were getting it on the second try when I went through. Failure means a long queue, though. So far it's been Solo Instance Solo Instance Dungeon Solo Instance Optional Dungeon Unlock that we got into instantly with no failures, not sure what next.

Basically if you get ahead, stay ahead. As soon as the mob gets there everything burns down on fire.
Jesus. :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So can people play the quest involving Raubahn now?
Seems like it, at least on Durandal. There were barely any people in the 3rd instance of the area, so I don't know how 1 and 2 looked people wise, but I got in on the first try just now.

The whole MSQ debacle is pretty inexcusable since a similar thing happened during ARR's early access/launch and they know what to expect with a huge surge. They had to know with the marketing they put behind Stormblood, it would have a larger swell of returning/new players than Heavensward and Square Enix should have been more prepared. To go from the relatively smooth and issue-free launch of Heavensward to this debacle is not a good look. Going forward, solo instance access points in the MSQ should be avoided at all costs unless they have a better type of system in place to handle the stress.

Personal PVP (Frontlines) Rant:
Also Frontlines PVP is trash now (from a healer, specifically WHM perspective) It's basically a glorified guildhest. You have less control over your situations and it's basically just a boring free for all where nothing you do really matters that much. Haven't touched feast yet, so not sure if its affected it the same way. Literally can no longer do any of my kill setups or a wide variety of assist strats, they neutered our escape abilities (way easier to kill us now, loss of defensive options -- specifically Repose), our mobility is bad now, we suck at AOE healing (hint: it's pretty much non-existent), and bottom line it is no longer fun. I loved Frontlines and was actually looking forward to the new maps and modes, but if this PVP system is the future, I'm done with PVP. It's never, ever going to be a serious thing beyond what existed during The Feast Seasons 1-4, and with it now providing PVE EXP, it's going to be filled with even more clueless people who simply do not care about PVP and just want their EXP and tomestone bonuses. Basically, there really was no reason to change PVP - they could have streamlined it a bit by providing an "optimal/suggested" layout of skills for newcomers to ease them in, but this full on scaling back is just so bad. For the small group that actually cared about PVP and enjoyed it, I think it's dead. It's now a party mode that has zero appeal for me.

I would seriously pay more money for access to a server with the old PVP system where it's made abundantly clear this is how PVP works on this server so people aren't ignorant.

At least WHM isn't as horrible as everyone was making it out to be thus far. I'm noticing higher DPS #s overall and the ease of healing without stance dancing makes it pretty clear healers should be mostly DPSing and throwing up heals only when necessary. I feel like WHM is a more than ever a DPS-leaning class now with strong heals to bust out in a short burst and then they should get back to DPSing. Of course, final judgment reserved once I hit EX Primals and Omega.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Follow up statement from Yoshida:
FFXIV Producer and Director Yoshida here.

This is a follow-up regarding difficulty in accessing certain instanced battle content.

The development team has changed the process for dealing with this issue so that as many players as possible can be moved to instanced areas for certain main quests and instanced battles.

As a result, players have become able to transition to instanced areas faster than originally estimated, but at the same time, players are now gathering at certain areas in large numbers, and this is causing the servers go down on some Worlds as a result.

Currently, the development team is making detailed adjustments by adjusting the speed at which players are transferred to instances on each World so that areas no longer continue to go down and to ensure that all players can continue to play as comfortably as possible.

Although these measures were taken to help alleviate the difficulty in transitioning to instances, we apologize about zones going down as a result.

Congestion in the “Rhalgr's Reach” area is especially intense, so to prevent zones from continuously going down, we are carefully controlling the logins to each World and transitions to the Rhalgr's Reach zone. Due to this, it will take some time to login to any of the Worlds.

Everyone on the team will continue to put in our full effort to ensure everyone can enjoy early access.

aceface

Seems like it, at least on Durandal. There were barely any people in the 3rd instance of the area, so I don't know how 1 and 2 looked people wise, but I got in on the first try just now.

Not for me on Ultros. I just tried for awhile and gave up.

Top Bottom