• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Okay.. well I just deleted the whole application and I'm redownloading 🙏

Edit: just checked my Moogle station account and I don't have the stormblood early access box checked. But I bought the game.. hmm

wont show up until you can try to log in on the ps4

Stuart444

I just finished the first SAM instance quest. It's pretty fun, The SAM trainer is awesome and SAM seems pretty fun to play.

I'm quite happy that I enjoy both of the new jobs introduced in SB.

Omni

Even tho I main SCH I decided to level MCH with the MSQ and save the dungeon spam for SCH and DRK. Also people were saying SCH isn't very good rn?
SCH is fine. Their AoE DPS was nerfed quite a bit, but so was everyone else's. Also the fairy was nerfed a bit too, but I'd argue most people won't notice that

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anyone leveling Dark Knight first?

laugh.gif

pelican

Decided to get back into FFXIV.

I originally had it for the PS3, but my license was updated to the PS4. Problem being I can't remember the password of my SE account and it is linked to a dead email address doh.

Set up a new SE account so back to square one. Still, I fany a MMO in my life as it has been a while. Also picked up ESO Morrowind which I like, but it doesn't really feel like a MMO.

Is there a GAF guild/particular server on PS4, I'm based in the UK so I'll be on EU servers.

Dunan

Haha yep, I think I'm locked out of my Mogstation account for trying to add crysta to my account too many times because it kept timing out and now it's in there I can't renew. I'm getting some error i2501 so now I get to spend the rest of my day on the phone with SE support lol.

Having the exact same i2501 error when I try to pay for more Crysta; cue the "SE, why won't you take my money!?" meme.

This error supposedly happens when you try to make a payment while physically being in a different country from the one you registered your account to; my SE account is based on my family's address in the USA and I'm in Japan now. I never had a problem during my previous 6 separate months of play -- I had to use a local (Japanese) credit card to buy the Crysta each time -- but suddenly this is happening.

Their chat is only available from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Pacific Time, on weekdays, so anyone having this problem now is stuck waiting until Monday at the earliest to get it fixed.

If anyone else is having this problem and has fixed it, please post; we expatriates are looking forward to playing Stormblood!

I'm just glad we can't buy plots yet. Otherwise this MSQ block would be incredibly more frustrating xD

It would have totally been unfair, right?

This place is deader than disco right now. I could have bought any of the plots I wanted because nobody is here. People are still stuck on that MSQ ridiculousness.

Get your shit together, Square Enix.

laoni

At this point, I wouldn't even mind if I just got passed Cold Steel and got stuck on the next instance. Just...some, any sort of movement.

Alex

The PvP is actually pretty good now. Much more concise and flows well.

Haven't really enjoyed any MMO PvP since uh... Burning Crusade? I'm having fun with this though.

They really butchered their low level kit. At level 50 all you have is Souleater combo and Dark Arts spam.

Removal of Low Blow and old Reprisal means you're limited to just Plunge and Carve and Spit for physical oGCDs.

I'm leveling it now just because I have this weird idea that the new abilities will somehow be fun to use even though it would be a smarter choice to go with Paladin or Warrior in terms of tanks.

Alex

RDM question: Is there any use for Jolt? At all?

I just can't think of a use for it.

Maybe I've really missed something but how do you play without Jolt? Without Dualcast or Verstone/Fire up, your hard casts take forever.

Its just filler but it has a very clear place.

I originally had it for the PS3, but my license was updated to the PS4. Problem being I can't remember the password of my SE account and it is linked to a dead email address doh.

This is what happened to my ye olde FFXI account. I would have prob never played it in any serious capacity again but... sad times nonetheless.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You're using jolt most of the time, unless you're god-rolling.

Stuart444

When you don't have Verfire or Verstone proc'd, you should be using jolt to get to your second cast.

Maybe I've really missed something but how do you play without Jolt? Without Dualcast or Verstone/Fire up, your hard casts take forever.

Its just filler but it has a very clear place..

You're supposed to use it to proc Dualcast so you can cast Verthunder or Veraero without the long cast times.

Oh

I've just been doing Verthunder -> VerAero -> repeat until VerFire/VerStone is up. huh

Guess Ill start using Jolt then!

I also dislike how the sort of just copied WAR's gauge onto Dark Knight.

So they get a single target move that uses 50 beast gauge and an AOE that uses 50 beast gauge.

Instead of getting something unique that would make Dark Knight stand out from the other tanks. People thought Inner Release looked cool. If Dark Knight had a one winged dark form or something people would be saying the same thing but they got lackluster shite instead.

I have DRK at 61 right now so it's not too late for me to get one of the other two tanks up to speed for the MSQ.

Managed to hit 60 on my RDM gonna keep going on it till they fix the damn instances and then I'll go back to SCH and focus on 70 for that.

I was on Moogle at about 8.45am and there were like 3 people near Cold Steel, compared to visibly a fuck-ton when I left at 2.30am. Just jumped in and did it. So I guess it's fixed on some worlds? I haven't checked the crowd since then though...

Marcel

I was on Moogle at about 8.45am and there were like 3 people near Cold Steel, compared to visibly a fuck-ton when I left at 2.30am. Just jumped in and did it. So I guess it's fixed on some worlds? I haven't checked the crowd since then though...

It isn't fixed. Stop spreading misinformation. Instances are shared across data centers so the "crowd" around your Raubahn doesn't really matter.

They are just going to let this go on for all of early access because they won't do anything.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
By the time I got in, I had only wasted... Uh

Six or so hours of my day off.

If this shit happens again on Monday, I'm going to flip out.
Things blew up at work and I ended up working for a while anyways instead of spamming the quest. rip

Despite all the bullshit I still did manage to have some fun. I really like the new zones and the music. The cutscenes and story I did get to see were enjoyable. Still stuck on choosing between JPN and ENG voices.

Also, it was really nice to see so many people running around again and not just cooped up in some AFK city. I know we'll be back to that soon enough tnough.p

iammeiam

so, instances in the first half of the MSQ (no real spoilers, just if you want to be surprised by when instances happen:

- Cold Steel (Sololololol)
- 20 minutes of quests later, Pipin thing (Solo)
- Some quests later, level 61 MSQ Dungeon
- More quests, Kugane solo instance
- New zone with optional level 63 dungeon; dungeon has an aether current, but isn't mandatory for MSQ
- Susano instance
- Decent chunk of time later, new zone, solo instance

Four mandatory solo instances, one mandatory light party instance, one mandatory full party instance, one optional light party instance in the first five levels of stuff.

FWIW it's been pretty smooth after the first couple for us; also the first post-Kugane zone is basically empty right now on Levi. People maybe gone to bed for the night.

kagamin

Pipin is hurting me more than Raubahn, the forced delay afterwards happens often and usually just makes it take longer for you to try again.

Luminaire

Pipin is hurting me more than Raubahn, the forced delay afterwards happens often and usually just makes it take longer for you to try again.

I feel like there are far more people fighting with Cold Steel, so you're competing with them for an instance spot.

Top Bottom