• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Waiting until 2:00am Pacific (US server) did the trick! Logged in with no queue, entered BLM job quest instance, got right in, failed the instance twice but got right back in again each time with no server issues. Hopefully it’s just as easy Saturday morning for Cold Steel.

Alfebit

Banned
I dunno how you can do it.

I did it once as a Ninja while I was waiting around for early access. It's so BORING!

I don't even want to keep doing it on my Monk, though I know I will eventually.

It's so boring.

A friend of mine just resubbed and bought a level skip potion so we ran through the first 50 floors to help teach him his class.

kagamin

Spent my first day of Early Access waiting for duties, fuck that time to move on with the story like the lucky bastard I am.

Rua

Spent most of the day just doing pvp for exp, waiting for people to go to sleep in NA so I could try and get in the instances. Worked out pretty well, made it to the first dungeon finally.

Thoraxes

5AM BUT I DID IT

DCg-XqIUMAQWMnv.jpg:orig

Cmagus

Having the exact same i2501 error when I try to pay for more Crysta; cue the "SE, why won't you take my money!?" meme.

This error supposedly happens when you try to make a payment while physically being in a different country from the one you registered your account to; my SE account is based on my family's address in the USA and I'm in Japan now. I never had a problem during my previous 6 separate months of play -- I had to use a local (Japanese) credit card to buy the Crysta each time -- but suddenly this is happening.

Their chat is only available from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Pacific Time, on weekdays, so anyone having this problem now is stuck waiting until Monday at the earliest to get it fixed.

If anyone else is having this problem and has fixed it, please post; we expatriates are looking forward to playing Stormblood!
Im in the same country and place I've always been literally nothing has changed with my account. I've been playing this for years and all of the sudden this happens after I take a break for a few days. I waited 7 hours in webchat last night and got cut off. Im gonna call again today when I get home but the problem is their phone center is in the US and its long distance to call them and the wait times are long.

Meccs

Still taking a break from FFXIV and haven't decided if I will buy Stormblood. I'll probably wait a few weeks because the server will be jammed most likely. Do we know how many new dungeons are currently in Stormblood?

Still taking a break from FFXIV and haven't decided if I will buy Stormblood. I'll probably wait a few weeks because the server will be jammed most likely. Do we know how many new dungeons are currently in Stormblood?

Servers are in disgusting condition right now, definitely hang on at least a week or two. Dungeons though I don't know. They also said they intend to do less dungeons in the patches, but to use that manpower to do other cool shit instead. We'll see how that goes

coughDiademcough

Red Mage is a lotta fun though! Really diggin its gameplay quirk.

iammeiam

Holy shit.

I'm pretty big on "90% of this game is faceroll, it needs to teach players better" etc etc

I just did the level 65 dungeon.

It was pretty much exactly what I want from an FFXIV dungeon. I'm hoping the player base steps up because this could be so good for the game.

Like, the launch has been a shitshow, but the actual content of SB so far is sitting with me better than HW did. Not from a story perspective or whatever but like... I dunno. Maybe it's sleep deprivation but that dungeon was super encouraging.

IvorB

Holy shit.

I'm pretty big on "90% of this game is faceroll, it needs to teach players better" etc etc

I just did the level 65 dungeon.

It was pretty much exactly what I want from an FFXIV dungeon. I'm hoping the player base steps up because this could be so good for the game.

Like, the launch has been a shitshow, but the actual content of SB so far is sitting with me better than HW did. Not from a story perspective or whatever but like... I dunno. Maybe it's sleep deprivation but that dungeon was super encouraging.

I hope I can reach there before they nerf it.

Meccs

Servers are in disgusting condition right now, definitely hang on at least a week or two. Dungeons though I don't know. They also said they intend to do less dungeons in the patches, but to use that manpower to do other cool shit instead. We'll see how that goes

coughDiademcough

Red Mage is a lotta fun though! Really diggin its gameplay quirk.
I only play SCH and AST and will probably level AST first. Less dungeons though, huh? Man I hope they don't trade this for more solo stuff. I love the group content in FFXIV.

Ouch. That framerate in Kugane.

You remember how bad Idyllshire was before PS4 Boost mode or PS4 Pro?
Almost that bad is Kugane now with PS4 Pro.

Beautiful City,
smallest main city in the game
but really atmospheric.

ebil

I had no problem at all getting past the solo duties. It apparently got better by 3AM on EU servers and now it's pretty smooth.

yaffi

Tried to get the instanced msq done five or six times; didn't work, went to bed.

Got up, logged in at 11am, no queue, first instanced msq works, the second as well. This is good.

Keep getting moments where this Cold Steel instance gives me a black screen for 40 seconds and then just gives up. Every time it gives me hope it might have worked.

Etroveria

Neo Member
Had a smooth experience on JP server this morning, I got in both instances on first try phew. Just passed the dungeon. Still took me about an hour to log in the game though.

God Samurai to 60. Tachi: Kaiten + Midare Setsugekka = 10~15k crits with an i270 weapon every 30 seconds or so.

Also 1050 potency dot before any buffs other than Kaiten :3

I started the MSQ and made it to the first zone, went into a fate where people were struggling, and just glassed the entire area with ease. Big numbers, weebtastic, nothing personnel, kid

Omnicent

God Samurai to 60. Tachi: Kaiten + Midare Setsugekka = 10~15k crits with an i270 weapon every 30 seconds or so.

Also 1050 potency dot before any buffs other than Kaiten :3

I started the MSQ and made it to the first zone, went into a fate where people were struggling, and just glassed the entire area with ease. Big numbers, weebtastic, nothing personnel, kid

Make sure you Kaiten your Higanbana. It buffs the DoT (so its like a 1.4k potency attack though it takes 60sec).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Had a smooth experience on JP server this morning, I got in both instances on first try phew. Just passed the dungeon. Still took me about an hour to log in the game though.
Yeah, it feels like they did something. I did both Cold Steel and the next fight (the latter without skipping cutscenes) without any problems and with barely any people around - and it was the middle of the day here. I don't think it worked out naturally, because I saw tons of people at Cold Steel in the morning and couldn't finish it.

Make sure you Kaiten your Higanbana. It buffs the DoT (so its like a 1.4k potency attack though it takes 60sec).

You know it.

Even there, though, Kaiten on every Midare Setsugekka and Higanbana, I'm having trouble dumping resources, so I'd imagine my kenki spenders come from 60-70.

Went to bed, got in a full nights sleep. Wake up, hop on and there's only 72 people in queue. Figured that might have been a decent sign.

Nope, still can't get past Raubahn.

R0ckman

I just spent all night trying to get into the first instance on NA servers and failed.

I'd expect GAF memebers to stay up trying, but it seemed like everyone and their grandma stayed online last night. At this point I lowth the crowded chatter sound effect.

Now that I think about it, a simple solution would have been to make this a level 61-62 challenge to funnel into a couple of hours of grinding.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Enjoying the story so far, about to go to kugane
The story is well paced imo, I think better than HW?

aiNsE7s.gif

Whoever made the decision to have two instanced solo fights right off the bat needs to be fired.

Anyone beat the MSQ here yet? How many of these fucking things are there? Because every single one is going to be like this.

I'm still fighting this boss because my pc decided to shut off for updates last night lol
slightly more reasonable 1855 minutes at the moment

untitled3mupx.png

see you like next week maybe

ebil

Whoever made the decision to have two instanced solo fights right off the bat needs to be fired.

Anyone beat the MSQ here yet? How many of these fucking things are there? Because every single one is going to be like this.
People are most likely going to spread around a little more whenever they make it to Kugane and start unlocking more dungeons. Still, putting a fairly long solo instance very early into the MSQ almost immediately followed by another was as stupid as it gets.

Was up at 5am and couldn't access the Cold Steel instance. FML.
Going on vacation this week, so I guess the game probably needs some time to iron things out too.
SAM is fun enough, though.

k1t4j

My GF an I just completed a FF14 long dream.... we managed to buy a house... in Gridania :D

Top of the Hill, great view 3mil.

Top Bottom