• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

duckroll

I'm still fighting this boss because my pc decided to shut off for updates last night lol
slightly more reasonable 1855 minutes at the moment

untitled3mupx.png

see you like next week maybe

Your modem ilvl is too low. Upgrade your equipment before trying this raid.

Well I got a ce-30022-7 error for my PS4 version as soon as it updated, which means I can't even launch the game. The internet seems to suggest I need to reinstall the game.

Is this likely to be patched again or am I going to have to wait for the physical disc to come in the mail to avoid reinstalling everything since 2.0?

Well I got a ce-30022-7 error for my PS4 version as soon as it updated, which means I can't even launch the game. The internet seems to suggest I need to reinstall the game.

Is this likely to be patched again or am I going to have to wait for the physical disc to come in the mail to avoid reinstalling everything since 2.0?

According to Square, that error message means that something has likely become corrupted in the game's data, which is something that only be fixed by redownloading the data to try to replace it with an uncorrupted version.

According to Square, that error message means that something has likely become corrupted in the game's data, which is something that only be fixed by redownloading the data to try to replace it with an uncorrupted version.

Great, I guess I'll start on that now. :x

Edit: I guess 150 min isn't that bad.

Stuart444

It's still messed up? I should've woke up at some ungodly hour to do the solo instances.

If you're on an NA server, that wouldn't help. No one on the US servers want to give up and just stayed up spamming it all night.

I woke up at 2am UK time and it's now almost 2pm UK time (so like 9 EDT at night until 9am) and it has no calmed down at all.

LaneDS

There's no way to toggle whether or not to use rested XP, right?

I'd go mess with a new class but it feels wasteful somehow.

This is the worst launch I've ever seen.

It's been more than 24 hours and the game is still broken.

You've been lucky if this is the worst launch you've ever seen! There have been far worse, but again you only know about them if you've had to sit through em. This seems pretty bog standard to me at the moment. A little funny almost, that it's an age old problem that you'd think they'd have seen. But here we are!

For those bored of PotD, you don't have to exclusively spam it. Sure, it's faster, but it doesn;'t mean that other methoes are unbearabvly slow. Leves, beast tribe quests, regular roulettes. It's been less than 24 hours since I started and I got my RDM to level 55 and that's including having a full night of sleep, and other regular real life stuff.

You've been lucky if this is the worst launch you've ever seen! There have been far worse, but again you only know about them if you've had to sit through em. This seems pretty bog standard to me at the moment. A little funny almost, that it's an age old problem that you'd think they'd have seen. But here we are!

Heavensward was much smoother than this.

Things have regressed.

Heavensward was much smoother than this.

Things have regressed.

Yeah, I guess if that's your sample size I can understand your reasoning. However, in general MMO terms this is pretty standard! Not entirely excusable though, but I don't think it's the worse from what I've seen looking in from the outside.

I feel like Diablo3 and Sim City were worse than this, and they weren't even typical MMOs (just silly always online games). It will get better, and you'd hope some good will time will be added to subs to make up for the downtime.

AlanOC91

Do most of you guys play this like a single player game or generally do raids and stuff like that? I bought the Base version and played to lvl 30 on pure SP. It was fun but it grew a small bit stale.

I've played it mainly as single player, with drop-in COOP with a friend now and again. I have no interest in high end raids though, far too time consuming (I blame WoW).

Trickster

Trying out the trial of the game currently. I'm only lvl 13...But, does it get better? So far the quests, visuals and combat isn't really doing anything for me

Do most of you guys play this like a single player game or generally do raids and stuff like that? I bought the Base version and played to lvl 30 on pure SP. It was fun but it grew a small bit stale.

I'm not a hardcore raider, but I still do them. Even if you don't care to do the tiers proper, the 24 mans are usually pretty fun. I also am usually solo, but only because my friend was going to play with me (which is why I joined Exodus) and never actually did.

Trying out the trial of the game currently. I'm only lvl 13...But, does it get better? So far the quests, visuals and combat isn't really doing anything for me

The battle system takes a while to get interesting. Square took great pain to ease people in which resulted in quite a bit of braindead-easy content.

Dungeons unlock in a couple of levels for you, so I'd say to stick with it for at least a little bit. I'm not really a fan of the It Gets Better™ argument, though, so if you're really not feeling it, I couldn't blame you for giving the game a pass.

It doesn't rewrite MMO troupes by any means, however it does provide a nice Final Fantasy world to spend your time in. This comes from another low levelish player, so I can imagine others will be able to give a more rounded experience.

This is the worst launch I've ever seen.

It's been more than 24 hours and the game is still broken.

I remember wow launch with some servers being down for like a week. This isn't even close to this or Rift launch or some other stuff. But for a modern game releasing a 2nd expansion, it is definitely pretty damn bad.

Yaska

Guess I'm done for a while. Was really excited but after mashing single instance for so long, it's clear that there is a game breaking bug on the instance itself as other instances like job quest instances work just fine.

Dunan

Im in the same country and place I've always been literally nothing has changed with my account. I've been playing this for years and all of the sudden this happens after I take a break for a few days. I waited 7 hours in webchat last night and got cut off. Im gonna call again today when I get home but the problem is their phone center is in the US and its long distance to call them and the wait times are long.

Has your credit card expired since you last bought anything from the Mog Station? That's the only other thing I can think of, but Googling for the i2501 error shows mostly people who have moved to other regions

This YouTuber suggests buying Crysta through Paypal, but when I tried that nothing happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqlAvDtfY-E

It's really infuriating. Fro what I'm reading, there's no way to pay them to get your service running again, unless (in my case) you have someone in your home country log in and enter the pay details for you.

In your case, can you do the Crysta workaround?

My friend and I woke up at 4am est to attempt to get through the two bottlenecks. We made it through within 20 minutes. Good luck to the rest of you.

LProtag

I'm thinking about getting back into the game this summer.

I think I was around level 50 as a Dragoon? Might try out the new classes, or see what's changed.

Got up pretty early when the servers were dead this morning, was able to get to the first primal! Wanted to clear a path so when I get off work later it shouldn't be congested where I'm at.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Any point in getting this if you're a new player ?
Of course! There are plenty of lower-level folks playing, and the game has a system which encourages more established players to run the older content, so you shouldn't have any issues progressing through most of the story.

Top Bottom