• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

febLey

Finally could finish the Raubahn Quest. Then went afk to pick up some grocieries and now we're logged out, 1.689 and 1690 ...

Any point in getting this if you're a new player ?

With the sheer amount of people running open world content and dungeons to level, right now is actually imo the best time to grab the game. If you are unsure you could always just do the trial and see if it is a good fit for you.

Luminaire

Finally done with the Pipin wall.

Advice to anyone - skip all the cutscenes once you finish the duty/fight. Then go watch them at the inn immediately after. They're fairly lengthy and I'd hate for anyone to get DC'd after squeezing in.

Cmagus

Has your credit card expired since you last bought anything from the Mog Station? That's the only other thing I can think of, but Googling for the i2501 error shows mostly people who have moved to other regions

This YouTuber suggests buying Crysta through Paypal, but when I tried that nothing happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqlAvDtfY-E

It's really infuriating. Fro what I'm reading, there's no way to pay them to get your service running again, unless (in my case) you have someone in your home country log in and enter the pay details for you.

In your case, can you do the Crysta workaround?

Not at this point Im locked out of anything payment related. Thing is I was able to buy Crysta and its sitting in my account to use so I can't see how its payment related because I was able to buy Crysta in the first place. My CC is fine and doesn't expire for another two years.

When I get home from work Ill get in queue again for webchat I mean I'll be super pissed if they can't do anything and I can't use my account Ive had my character since 1.0 and have spent thousands on this game between subs, cash shop and merchandise.

I think we need a thread title change.

BVGSwXg.jpg

to get the real experience we must quote this over 12000 times.

So do lore and scripture tomes have no purpose other than to trade in for poetics now?
Correct, you can get everything with Poetics now, old and new. Heck, you can even use Poetics to buy the special currency items needed to upgrade the old Poetics “Shire” gear, which previously you could only get through the 24-man raids.

Sioen

Anybody has some tips for leveling up my grand company, I'm really low ATM and want to buy a house. I can't turn in dungeon loot yet since I'm so low. Fates seem quite difficult to do alone at higher levels.. anybody knows something else?

Luminaire

please mind the spoiler :( :( :(

Is it me or even without doing anything the mount have an increased speed ?

If you're talking about the badly marked spoiler above, it's only a reaction to something you've already seen in the trailer. The spoiler is not entirely accurate and that's all I'll say.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Interesting. There is an exit zone trigger in
Yanxia
that does not actually lead anywhere, and in fact is pointed into
The wall with three force fields

Playing the PS4 version, suddenly textboxes are at the very bottom of the screen, partially cut off, and text is tiny, rarely taking up more than half a text box.

I tried to find them within the UI configurations, but there doesn't seem to be an option to move them.

Playing the PS4 version, suddenly textboxes are at the very bottom of the screen, partially cut off, and text is tiny, rarely taking up more than half a text box.

I tried to find them within the UI configurations, but there doesn't seem to be an option to move them.

It's tiny yes, they need to fix this, but it's not cut off, seems like your TV is in overscan mode.

jugann

Neo Member
Well this sucks, I was in the middle of playing and sadly there was a power outage in my area. I then tried logging back into the game and it's telling me to redownload everything (roughly 22GB). :(

Is there any way around this? I'm on ps4.

CaLe

Expansion launches are the best time for new players to get in a mmo actually

Of course! There are plenty of lower-level folks playing, and the game has a system which encourages more established players to run the older content, so you shouldn't have any issues progressing through most of the story.

With the sheer amount of people running open world content and dungeons to level, right now is actually imo the best time to grab the game. If you are unsure you could always just do the trial and see if it is a good fit for you.

I meant specifically this expansion, as I already have the base game (no expansions). Barely played when it launched.

JudgeN

I'm really confused with what they did with whm, they got rid of alot of spells that were necessary and made me pick 5? Get rid of stoneskin? What the fuck is going on, this job is worse than it was before the patch, at least at 60.

Trying free 14 day trial after game was automatically upgraded to ps4 launcher from my old ps3 acct. Man I don't know how I did anything back then when game launched. Might just get keyboard and mouse and stick around for a little. Beats buying lapis on brave exvius lol.

I meant specifically this expansion, as I already have the base game (no expansions). Barely played when it launched.
Here’s everything that getting the expansion would get you as a 2.0 player: as you progress through the 2.0 “Realm Reborn” storyline, you will unlock 2.0 areas where your mounts will run faster. I think I the first one is a level 22 main story quest. Then when you finish the Realm Reborn main story, you will be able to unlock the Red Mage and Samurai jobs. Of course at that point you’ll want Heavensward anyways to continue on, and Stormblood (post-early-access) comes with Heavensward.

Gala

How bad is the lag for European players in the GAF guild? Is it noticeable? Any experience from German players in the GAF guild?

I really consider changing servers, but I'm scared of too massive lag.

Qvoth

444k exp from a fate boss (fate with achievement and orchestrion roll reward) with a fate exp bonus lol
p0QHO.gif

with twist of fate probably could've reached 500k?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wonder how many jump potions they sold and if that might have something to do with the massive backlog of people trying to get in.

Maybe they should have held off a week on those.

Dunan

Not at this point Im locked out of anything payment related. Thing is I was able to buy Crysta and its sitting in my account to use so I can't see how its payment related because I was able to buy Crysta in the first place. My CC is fine and doesn't expire for another two years.

When I get home from work Ill get in queue again for webchat I mean I'll be super pissed if they can't do anything and I can't use my account Ive had my character since 1.0 and have spent thousands on this game between subs, cash shop and merchandise.

I don't think they do webchat except during Pacific time zone business hours, which means we're stuck waiting until Monday. I was thinking of e-mailing them with my problem, but they don't respond to e-mail outside those hours either so it might be more efficient to just make a phone call on Monday.

Googling reveals a few people who have even been banned after getting this i2501 error. I will lose all motivation if I have to start from scratch and reach level 60 all over again just because SE's billing system is this incompetent.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Bah, NPC for the quest
making the catfish sing
isn't spawning in the instance. Guess I'll keep reentering...

Edit:
As usual complaining here helped. Next time I entered the room the cutscene triggered properly.

jorgeton

I went from forgiving right back to salty about this Raubahn/Pipin road block.

Finally managed to get through the Raubahn instance this morning only to be met with this new one smh.

And also salty about DPS DF queue times. They should've thrown in a new tank or healer, despite what the "data" told them. Not here for 30+ minute queues, on top of an inaccessible MSQ.

Aside from fates and PvP (which..zzzzz), there's not else for me to do right now.

Not happy at the moment.

And all momentum with the MSQ story is pretty much gone. DGAF about freeing Ala Migho right now.

It's crazy how smooth Heavensward early access was compared to this flaming hot mess.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like I dodged a bullet missing out on launch. I'll be around after things calm down a bit. Going to be a struggle moving from playing in 4K on a big TV to 720p on my Surface Pro though, haha

Luminaire

Sorry if I'm being stupid but, is all PvP lvl.30 now? That's all I can see on my duty list.

I believe so. You only need to be level 30 to get into it. They've redone it entirely so there is no advantage due to level, gear, or abilities now. It's a good source of EXP as well.

Baleoce

I believe so. You only need to be level 30 to get into it. They've redone it entirely so there is no advantage due to level, gear, or abilities now. It's a good source of EXP as well.

Yeah I heard that was the case and I love PvP so I'm pretty happy. I love that balancing is independent of PvE now with different abilities. I take it queues are faster if you sign up as freelance?

Luminaire

Yeah I heard that was the case and I love PvP so I'm pretty happy. I love that balancing is independent of PvE now with different abilities. I take it queues are faster if you sign up as freelance?

From what I've heard, it's faster. I did Shatter 3 times myself when I was waiting around, only had 5 minute queues. Roughly 10-15 minute fights. 614k win or lose at level 60. Was a nice way to break up leveling!

Also Kugane super reminds me of Neudaiz from Phantasy Star Universe. Lotta nostalgia smackin' me in the face.

Top Bottom