• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Just finished this game, and....

Holy shit. What an absolutely crushingly amazing ending to the game. It made the really boring parts actually really amazing in hindsight. The scene at the bonfire was so emotionally crushing that it actually elevated the game to one of my favourites in the series. Seeing Noctis and Luna married at the very end as their 'final fantasy' actually drew a tear. Wonderful storytelling.

I also just finished and your post pretty much echoes my thoughts aswell.

Atkison04

So this was my first final fantasy game ever. I must say that I really really loved the game! That ending was amazing imho. The only thing that I had to warm up to was the combat, which I'm sure I'm still not very good at. I dug this game so much that I bought some of the official soundtrack off iTunes.

Anyways, what are the best things to do post game? I've been going around and finishing up some of the open quests and what not, and I've heard of end game dungeons (I'm only about level 50 at the moment). Any recommendations or great weapons to go for post game?

I plan on putting some quality time in ff this weekend before I pause for nioh.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Question: How do you complete the
Costlemark Tower dungeon?
I've been stuck for days,
i keep going down and doing all the "cube" paths and fighting fire demons
The other day i fought against 3 firedmons and a medusa, but yesterday there was only 1 fire demon

Ingeniero

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/final-fa...unches-february-21-chapter-13-update-march-28

60 fps update releases on February 21

Chapter 13 update on March 28
Wait, they are actually patching chapter 13? lol what a joke.

■ Updates

February 21

PS4 Pro Full HD 60 fps support – Not always 60 frames per second, but a maximum 60 frames per second.
Limited time quests – Quests that you can only take on for a limited time. This time it’s Hunts, but in the future there will be different quests such as fishing.
Level cap raised to 120 – Your experience points won’t count towards past level 99 until after the update, meaning you can’t start stocking up experience points before the update.
Photo capacity increased from 150 to 200.
Use the music player while riding a Chocobo.
March 28

Chapter 13 – Enhancements to the final stages of the game, including Chapter 13. You’ll also be able to play as Gladiolus for a short period.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/02/final-fa...hapter-13-update-march-28#tLP8K8aZm1H16oiD.99

That level 120 cap sound good, but we also need new items and quests!

Twookie

Question: How do you complete the
Costlemark Tower dungeon?
I've been stuck for days,
i keep going down and doing all the "cube" paths and fighting fire demons
The other day i fought against 3 firedmons and a medusa, but yesterday there was only 1 fire demon

you will get punished if you repeatedly take the wrong path.

you have take the right path by
activating the door that has a circle on the front of it, not sure of which one of the starter cubes you have to activate to come down there, but the room with the door you need activate is L shaped i'm pretty sure

i'm sure there's a guide out there somewhere that explains it better, but that's the gist of it

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
you will get punished if you repeatedly take the wrong path.

you have take the right path by
activating the door that has a circle on the front of it, not sure of which one of the starter cubes you have to activate to come down there, but the room with the door you need activate is L shaped i'm pretty sure

i'm sure there's a guide out there somewhere that explains it better, but that's the gist of it
There's a wrong path!?!

To activate
the door with the circle on the front i need a key
, i guess
the key is found inside of the maze... but i keep takin' the wrong path it seem.s
Thanks for the info Twookie!

Vashetti

Banned
There's a wrong path!?!

To activate
, i guess
the key is found inside of the maze... but i keep takin' the wrong path it seem.s

No, that door you need a key for is to unlock the endgame part of the dungeon. Nothing to do with finishing the dungeon itself.

Just look up a walkthrough.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I messed around with the Moogle/Chocobo carnival the other day. Ok-ish I guess.

There's no real reason to play beyond seeing the fireworks and getting the egg or whatever after right? I don't care about upgrade materials etc. as I doubt I'll do another playthrough. I just play on checking out special events and the three character DLC episodes.

Twookie

There's a wrong path!?!

To activate
, i guess

sorry, i should've been more precise in my explantion

it's not a door per se, it's one of those stoneblocks you can activate to move away, the one you need to activate has a circle on the ground in front of it.
the way you have to go is in the stoneblock puzzle thing, and not the open "crack" in the wall on the floor where the mobs spawn, that's the endgame hardmode dungeons/bossrush

i recommend looking up a walkthrough if you get frustrated, it's kinda hard to explain where it is

Fersis

sorry, i should've been more precise in my explantion

it's not a door per se, it's one of those stoneblocks you can activate to move away, the one you need to activate has a circle on the ground in front of it.
the way you have to go is in the stoneblock puzzle thing, and not the open "crack" in the wall on the floor where the mobs spawn, that's the endgame hardmode dungeons/bossrush

i recommend looking up a walkthrough if you get frustrated, it's kinda hard to explain where it is
Thanks dude, ill try again.
I didnt knew there was a "wrong" path to begin with lol
I'll start looking for the circle on the ground.

What is the best early game spot to grind? I want to play tonight but want to slow play it until the 2/21 patch

Rather than just grind that early on you can just get to Chp 3 when more of the map opens up and just do all the hunts/quest/side missions. Currently about 21 hours in and about lvl 40. Main story quest is where you meet Gladiolous sister but I haven't activated it yet.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
One more question...anyone play XV with remote play yet? Thoughts?

It was nice and fun. I completed 2 sealed dungeons via remote play.

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/final-fa...unches-february-21-chapter-13-update-march-28

60 fps update releases on February 21

Chapter 13 update on March 28

Welp. Just popped in to ask if the pro update was still going to be a thing because I wanted to start the game now, before BotW comes out. Guess I'll be avoiding spoilers for another month...

It does hurt to see that I'm missing things that are going to be gone forever though...in a single player game. Dammit all.

Toth

Welp. Just popped in to ask if the pro update was still going to be a thing because I wanted to start the game now, before BotW comes out. Guess I'll be avoiding spoilers for another month...

It does hurt to see that I'm missing things that are going to be gone forever though...in a single player game. Dammit all.

Like other SE games, they will cycle the content around if you miss it the first time. Or perhaps these hunts will be incorporated into the final online expansion at the end of the year.

Fersis

Many thanks to Twookie and Vashetti, i finally found the damn circle on the
Costlemark Tower puzzle

Like other SE games, they will cycle the content around if you miss it the first time. Or perhaps these hunts will be incorporated into the final online expansion at the end of the year.

Was talking about the carnival thing that is going on. Think I'll miss it completely if I do as planned and wait till pro patch.

Toth

Was talking about the carnival thing that is going on. Think I'll miss it completely if I do as planned and wait till pro patch.

I understand. They already have said they want to make it a seasonal thing. It will probably become permanent by the end of the year though.

I understand. They already have said they want to make it a seasonal thing. It will probably become permanent by the end of the year though.

Okay good. I really dislike missable time related things and it has kept me from even playing games in the past/returning to mmorpgs. If it is confirmed to pop up again I can wait till the pro patch with no worries. Thanks for the info.

Okay good. I really dislike missable time related things and it has kept me from even playing games in the past/returning to mmorpgs. If it is confirmed to pop up again I can wait till the pro patch with no worries. Thanks for the info.

If you have any manual save you can play the Moogle Chocobo Carnival. You only need to have a save to do it.

heytred

Neo Member
Hey folks - looking to get an HDR TV relatively soon. Been thinking about the Samsung KU6300. Anyone have any experience with the PS4 Pro and this TV? How about with FFXV? Thoughts?

I would really appreciate input if anyone has some - I've done a ton of research including checking out Rtings, just wanted to directly ask some people. :D

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Chapter 13 is legit the shittest thing I have ever played, can't even be bothered to finish this.

Sorry if it's already been covered but once I've purchased the suite at the Leville, what are the best things to spend my carnival tokens on?

I'm only ten hours into the main game so not quite sure which materials etc are worth bothering with.

Sorry if it's already been covered but once I've purchased the suite at the Leville, what are the best things to spend my carnival tokens on?

I'm only ten hours into the main game so not quite sure which materials etc are worth bothering with.
Cactuar Needle, Sky Gemstone, and Magnetron are the ones I got. I've been able to find everything else either via drops or just laying around the map.

The materials one, on the right. Oh, and the car stuff from the counter on the left is unique, so get those, too, if you want.

Oh, I'm an idiot, I didn't realise the three women at the counter each had different stuff, I just kept going to the middle one at each prize counter.

I think I just lost out on some tokens... I completed the quest where you photo the 6 moogles but didn't realise I was on 97 tokens when I claimed my prize so they just gave me two tokens :(

Vashetti

Banned

The exclusive Choco-Mog decal for the car, it'll be unavailable once the event ends.

bumpkin

Finally... After getting burned by the camera bug 3/4's of the way through Costlemark Tower, I decided to bury the hatchet and give it another go. Mission completed. Now, the only trophy I have left is the one for beating the adamantoise and the one for getting all of the other trophies.

I've seen a bunch of different guides online for how to best approach the fight. Any tips for success? I get the impression it isn't "hard" per say, just very time consuming.

Leaping

Neo Member
With regards to the carnival, I heard an npc in game say something to the effect of "It's a shame it only comes around once a year".

Given how seasonal events work in ffxi and ffxiv, I wouldn't be surprised if the next time they do the chocobo moogle festival in ffxv is a year from now.

Deku Tree

Is the carnival stuff worth doing? What do you get for doing it?

Finally... After getting burned by the camera bug 3/4's of the way through Costlemark Tower, I decided to bury the hatchet and give it another go. Mission completed. Now, the only trophy I have left is the one for beating the adamantoise and the one for getting all of the other trophies.

I've seen a bunch of different guides online for how to best approach the fight. Any tips for success? I get the impression it isn't "hard" per say, just very time consuming.

You know there is a way to get out of the camera bug right?

I forgot it what it is but I found the solution pretty quickly by googling. Turn something off and on again and then the camera bug goes away unless you get it again later on. But then you can do the same thing again.

Top Bottom