• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Toth

Totally called that Cor would be in Gladio's DLC! This will hopefully be a chance for his character to shine more and maybe reveal some of his background.

Vashetti

Banned
ZAiEo9Z.png

Sagely

Dammit, I'd just put the game aside after finishing up the carnival and was getting into the swing of Type 0. Now this stuff gets announced!

At least Gladio's DLC isn't for a couple more months, which leaves plenty of time to finish Type 0 and get into XIII-2. But pulling myself away from XV seems to be extra difficult (not really a complaint of course).

Neat, but the bummer here is that basically anything they release seems to be oriented toward people just starting the game (i.e. no new endgame/postgame equipment or content).

That said, outfits are sort of an exception insofar as they have a big effect on your stats at whichever level you're at.

I'm really hoping we don't have to wait for the expansion to get an improved AP economy and a much bigger Ascension grid.

Vashetti

Banned
Neat, but the bummer here is that basically anything they release seems to be oriented toward people just starting the game (i.e. no new endgame/postgame equipment or content).

That said, outfits are sort of an exception insofar as they have a big effect on your stats at whichever level you're at.

I'm really hoping we don't have to wait for the expansion to get an improved AP economy and a much bigger Ascension grid.

I'm really disappointed in the Armiger section of the grid. I assumed new abilities would appear once I collected more Royal Arms.

Nope.

I'm really disappointed in the Armiger section of the grid. I assumed new abilities would appear once I collected more Royal Arms.

Nope.
Yeah - Armiger and Magic both need serious expansion (and can both be improved in some really obvious ways). And most of the character-specific accessories in the game really ought to be Ascension nodes instead; so should the Friendship Band and the Fanfares.

As for AP gain, having NG+ reset you to level 1, giving 5 AP per level up, and having quest completion rewards be AP instead of EXP would basically instantly solve that problem (and keep the game a lot more interesting since it'd be tougher to accidentally overlevel yourself but just as easy to do it on purpose if you want to).

RiggyRob

Does the Aerowax actually make the car last longer without being refuelled, or does it make it faster to get to places (assuming you're not having to go through a loading screen)?

Also, the game makes some weird decisions, like giving you a tiny area to look for frogs and then not spawning them, or making you stop the car and have everyone be worried about demons for no reason, really disrupts the flow of playing.

Go Go Power Rangers!

I'm assuming Noctis is Black, Gladiolus is Red, Ignis is Blue and Prompto is Yellow?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Does the Aerowax actually make the car last longer without being refuelled, or does it make it faster to get to places (assuming you're not having to go through a loading screen)?

Also, the game makes some weird decisions, like giving you a tiny area to look for frogs and then not spawning them, or making you stop the car and have everyone be worried about demons for no reason, really disrupts the flow of playing.

Go Go Power Rangers!

I'm assuming Noctis is Black, Gladiolus is Red, Ignis is Blue and Prompto is Yellow?

Red is always the main character.

Noctis Red, Gladiolus Black, Ignis Blue, and Yellow Prompto.

Count on it.

sackninja

This is fucking horrible. Why have not a patch come out for this yet...they have had months.

Because they have seen sense and realized any fix they could make on a small scale would only make it worse. It could be improved by a major overhaul, otherwise it's pointless. Just making the ring more powerful makes no sense, the chapter is already stupidly easy.

Astral Dog

I don't know how to kill that damn Leviathan,its getting frustrating 😡

Also Altissia is beautiful O.O,better than the Uncharted 4 city

bumpkin

...are you fucking kidding me, Squenix? I just spent over an hour trudging through a pain in the ass dungeon and when it required me to look down to get a "X" to proceed prompt, I could no longer move the camera in any direction. My right stick is fine in any other screen (Map, etc.), but I can't turn the camera to get the prompt I need to continue.... Wow. Fuck you.

Tsuna

...are you fucking kidding me, Squenix? I just spent over an hour trudging through a pain in the ass dungeon and when it required me to look down to get a "X" to proceed prompt, I could no longer move the camera in any direction. My right stick is fine in any other screen (Map, etc.), but I can't turn the camera to get the prompt I need to continue.... Wow. Fuck you.
Yeah I ran into this

Having one of the Bros (Not Noctis himself) use an item fixes it.

bumpkin

Yeah I ran into this

Having one of the Bros (Not Noctis himself) use an item fixes it.
I already got pissed off and shut the game off. Oh well, not the first time this game has made me lose an hour or more of progress due to a bug. Last time I got stuck in a never-ending open encounter state keeping me from completing a quest.

Because they have seen sense and realized any fix they could make on a small scale would only make it worse. It could be improved by a major overhaul, otherwise it's pointless. Just making the ring more powerful makes no sense, the chapter is already stupidly easy.

It's also not that bad. Yeah it's the worst chapter in the game but it's not a broken unplayable buggy mess. It's just a boring section within the game that I feel doesn't really need to be gotten rid of. It could be shorter but games have those boring sections. If we're going to be patching out boring parts of games, then the gaming industry may as well just "patch out" the Assassins Creed series.

Twookie

getting some huge relapse today having completed the game fully last week, yet i still want more

man i cannot wait for the DLC

BeeDog

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but is there a list of one-off/rare items to grab from the carnival DLC?

I have gotten:
- Dream Egg from finishing the DLC
- The Chocobo logo (don't know the exact name, you buy it with medallions)
- The shirts from loading the DLC
- Two dishes from one of the cafe managers

Anything else I should grab?

About to start XV finally. Any advice (control scheme, wait or active, etc)?
I just use default controls, though people say the other types are better.

But use Wait mode. This isn't like other FFs, and Wait mode actually changes the combat dynamic—especially since Ignis uses Libra in Wait mode, whereas he only very rarely does in Active—and there are Wait mode exclusive abilities, as well. Wait mode also gives you time to move the camera around if you get a dumb angle, which you will.

Most would recommend setting the battle camera to Far. Mine it set to far, and it helps for you to be able to see a lot more of what's going on. However, setting it to default makes the combat feel more frenetic and the impacts have more oomph (Warp Strike will feel like a DMC Stinger, but if you set it to Far, it'll feel more like a shitty DMC2 Stinger).

BumRush

I just use default controls, though people say the other types are better.

But use Wait mode. This isn't like other FFs, and Wait mode actually changes the combat dynamic—especially since Ignis uses Libra in Wait mode, whereas he only very rarely does in Active—and there are Wait mode exclusive abilities, as well. Wait mode also gives you time to move the camera around if you get a dumb angle, which you will.

Most would recommend setting the battle camera to Far. Mine it set to far, and it helps for you to be able to see a lot more of what's going on. However, setting it to default makes the combat feel more frenetic and the impacts have more oomph (Warp Strike will feel like a DMC Stinger, but if you set it to Far, it'll feel more like a shitty DMC2 Stinger).

Cool, thanks.

I'll go wait mode at the start and try the different camera distances.

Zee-Row

Banned
I cannot level Gladios survival to level 10 to save my life. I've just been running from town to town and fighting in between and camping and the meter does not move. What am I doing wrong? I thought you simply had to run everywhere on foot?

I cannot level Gladios survival to level 10 to save my life. I've just been running from town to town and fighting in between and camping and the meter does not move. What am I doing wrong? I thought you simply had to run everywhere on foot?

Just do rubberband trick, tie around analog sticks to run in circle, find a safe spot like hammerhead.

Vashetti

Banned
Sorry if it's a stupid question, but is there a list of one-off/rare items to grab from the carnival DLC?

I have gotten:
- Dream Egg from finishing the DLC
- The Chocobo logo (don't know the exact name, you buy it with medallions)
- The shirts from loading the DLC
- Two dishes from one of the cafe managers

Anything else I should grab?

There's a rod and reel, as well as two unique lures.

There are also two trophies (one for each) for the Chocobo races for getting below a certain time (which the game doesn't tell you).

Arksy

Just finished this game, and....

Holy shit. What an absolutely crushingly amazing ending to the game. It made the really boring parts actually really amazing in hindsight. The scene at the bonfire was so emotionally crushing that it actually elevated the game to one of my favourites in the series. Seeing Noctis and Luna married at the very end as their 'final fantasy' actually drew a tear. Wonderful storytelling.

MistBreeze

Hi guys, know at 102 hours total play time,

Man the AP skills are waaaay expensive.

I did the explooit and accumulated 2200 AP

What are best skills to spend it on?

And what about limit breaks?

Top Bottom