• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

ubercheez

Christ, ch13 just kept going and going. I'd heard some of the mutterings about it here and decided to power through it in one go, not realizing that its sheer length was one of the reasons it was disliked. The previous chapters lasted about 30 minutes each.

Anyway, got through it. Ch13 ending spoilers:

I'm sure Ardyn said something pretty important to Noctis while Noctis was getting dragged into the crystal. I was definitely looking forward to hearing it and maybe piecing together what the hell his scheme has been this whole time. However, the sound engineer decided that Noctis grunting and straining against the crystal's pull was the more important audio track and made that twice as loud as Ardyn. Lol. Guess I'll need to look up a subtitled version.

Bahamut looked pretty badass though.

Manu

Hey guys. Guys. Hey. My GOTY is DOOM, and it has a 85 on MC.

Meanwhile, Uncharted 4 has a 93.

Who gives a fuck about Metacritic.

shiba5

Christ, ch13 just kept going and going. I'd heard some of the mutterings about it here and decided to power through it in one go, not realizing that its sheer length was one of the reasons it was disliked. The previous chapters lasted about 30 minutes each.

I'm sure Ardyn said something pretty important to Noctis while Noctis was getting dragged into the crystal. I was definitely looking forward to hearing it and maybe piecing together what the hell his scheme has been this whole time. However, the sound engineer decided that Noctis grunting and straining against the crystal's pull was the more important audio track and made that twice as loud as Ardyn. Lol. Guess I'll need to look up a subtitled version.

Had the same problem with the sound. And yeah, it was a bit of important info.

My saves got corrupted and I lost all of my progress due to a brief power outage that turned off my PS4 just as it was starting to load chapter 3. Thankfully, I'm not that far into it, but I was pretty damn angry.

Pejo

I was just thinking, has anyone got their Cindymobile skin code from that Carbuncle Surprise game yet? It's been a while now, and I never got an email or anything from SE. Do you have to log in and redeem it somewhere on their site?

Jennipeg

I'm doing Chapter 13 now, I've taken a break after
attempting to rescue fake Prompto
, how much more do I have to do? I'm prepared to be dissapointed with your answer....

Vic_Viper

Is there an easy way to tell which Dungeons youve already completed and which you havent. Trying to unlock the doors in the dungeons but have to complete all of them first before she will give me the item.

Mediking

I was just thinking, has anyone got their Cindymobile skin code from that Carbuncle Surprise game yet? It's been a while now, and I never got an email or anything from SE. Do you have to log in and redeem it somewhere on their site?

Or where is Cidney VR mode...?

LiK

Still waiting...

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I definitely see your point. I think there are people who have legitimate gripes with the game and I understand where they are coming from....but then you get a huge faction of folks that like to shit on games for...whatever reason. I'll never understand that sentiment, I just stay away from games I don't like.

Anyway, here are some numbers on FFXV's meta scores:

2 100's
1 95
2 92's
25 90's

3 88's
12 85's
1 82
19 80's

1 79
4 75's
1 73
4 70's

5 60's

-------------
30/80 Reviews scored 90 or better.

45/80 Reviews scored 85 or better.

65/80 Reviews scored 80 or better.
-------------

I don't get how people can say it "scored badly" but *shrug*.

Still my GOTY.

Hey guys. Guys. Hey. My GOTY is DOOM, and it has a 85 on MC.

Meanwhile, Uncharted 4 has a 93.

Who gives a fuck about Metacritic.

Jesus H Christ man, I never said it scored badly or that it was a bad game. I said it scored the worst in the main series, which is objectively true. I also said that it will likely have the biggest budget, longest development time, and worst sales (in Japan at least, possibly WW) in the main series. All of those are quantitative measurements.

And the whole reason I brought those up was NOT to say it's a bad game. I quite enjoyed XV. I was arguing against someone else who claimed that future titles would likely be open-world because of how greatly XV was received, when in reality XV was not well-received relative to the other main series entires.

Unfortunately a lot of people point to it and go "See. Game is shit. What a mess. 10 years. Tabata. Stella. Fuck. RIP SE."

Two major fights and the story are total shit. The way luna is treated is completely embarrassing and hell i'm not even up to the dreaded chapter 13.

I still have no idea how i'm supposed to know almost any villians individual motivation at this point.

FF15 can be fun but holy fuck is it a MESS.

Soriku

I wish they didn't allow you to have 99 (or some other high number. Even just 30 is a lot.) potions and phoenix downs, elixirs, whatever because it makes hard encounters just a battle of attrition that you will eventually win no matter how much you suck at the fight.

This game is no longer like KH, but one of the things I like about KH is the limited inventory. Then KH2 also had the MP recharge thing. Now some forms like Final and Limit allow you to break things a little, but it's still pretty balanced.

There isn't even a time limit until you can use items again, like Tales for example. You can just keep popping them.

Do we already know who composed Wanderlust?

Should just be Yoko.

http://vgmdb.net/album/63382

You know now that I am closer to the end and am reaching the more story heavy bits, I'm actually happy that the first part of the game was so sparse story wise, because this shit is fucking awful, and would've likely hampered all the fun I had with the game in the beginning.

No one has experienced an issue trying to get the quest for Formouth Garrison (Regalia type F quest) to trigger? Been sitting here probably 3 hours of game time waiting for it to trigger.

Chapter 13 spoilers

Question, when they were fighting that particular daemon, they kept referring to it as the Emperor. That seems like a pretty major development but I saw virtually nothing else about this. Was there a cutscene I missed or did they just seriously neglect to tell that part of the story?

Soriku

Chapter 13 spoilers

Question, when they were fighting that particular daemon, they kept referring to it as the Emperor. That seems like a pretty major development but I saw virtually nothing else about this. Was there a cutscene I missed or did they just seriously neglect to tell that part of the story?

It's another off screen tidbit.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Two major fights and the story are total shit. The way luna is treated is completely embarrassing and hell i'm not even up to the dreaded chapter 13.

I still have no idea how i'm supposed to know almost any villians individual motivation at this point.

FF15 can be fun but holy fuck is it a MESS.

"FF15 can be fun but holy fuck is it a mess."

This actually sums up my thoughts perfectly. Everything outside of the four guys (and even then...), and the battle system (which I would say is simple fun, but shallow) in the open world is sub-par at best.

On top of this, I'm a little shocked to see no one raising a fuss over the blatant DLC bait that occurs in the game. Like, what the hell? It is like they punch you in the face with it.

Jesus H Christ man, I never said it scored badly or that it was a bad game. I said it scored the worst in the main series, which is objectively true. I also said that it will likely have the biggest budget, longest development time, and worst sales (in Japan at least, possibly WW) in the main series. All of those are quantitative measurements.

And the whole reason I brought those up was NOT to say it's a bad game. I quite enjoyed XV. I was arguing against someone else who claimed that future titles would likely be open-world because of how greatly XV was received, when in reality XV was not well-received relative to the other main series entires.

o_O

I wasn't responding to you though?

That being said, it is really difficult and possibly even misleading to compare main series review/meta scores across console gens, ESPECIALLY across multiple console gens. Games like VIII and X probably wouldn't score amazingly well in the current gaming standards, either. They would do well, probably right around the ball park of what XV did. They would not be 90-95 metas, though.

The bolded isn't even remotely close to being true.

shark sandwich

Chapter 13 spoilers

Somehow I completely missed this. Are you talking about that
Diablo-like demon that you can't kill until you get the party back together?

Dunkelgrau

]blacky[;226635187 said:
I'm in chapter 10 now and will not move on to chapter 13 until they have fixed it.

LOL. If you played the thing you'd know why they can't really "fix" it.

Reached chapter 13 now. I have read that the patch will fix some of the issues in chapter 13. On the other hand, what does “throughout the coming year" mean? I don't want to wait for months.

Chapter 13 spoilers

It's another off screen tidbit.

They don't know it's
the Emperor
until they see it and he starts talking. That's when they realize who it is.

Geg

Chapter 13 took me about 4 hours in total but I didn't mind it that much. The frustrating part is over fairly quickly.
Chapter 13 spoilers

They know it's the emperor because he's yelling about wanting the ring as it's fighting them, and earlier you can see the emperor's robes on his throne. The actual part where he turns into a daemon is all off-screen though; we're supposed to assume he was just another victim of the daemon infection like everyone else in that building.

It was, however, the worst 1st week sales since FFV. Which was over 20+ years ago.

I counter that with it becoming the best selling PS4 game in Japan after only being on the market for a day. So...yeah. I think it's important to have that context.

Edit: I also assume we aren't counting the MMOs because we don't ever count them when it comes to sales.

"FF15 can be fun but holy fuck is it a mess."

This actually sums up my thoughts perfectly. Everything outside of the four guys (and even then...), and the battle system (which I would say is simple fun, but shallow) in the open world is sub-par at best.

On top of this, I'm a little shocked to see no one raising a fuss over the blatant DLC bait that occurs in the game. Like, what the hell? It is like they punch you in the face with it.

Yeah you can see the hooks for your buddies dlc plain as day. I really can't believe how blatant it is.

shark sandwich

The bolded isn't even remotely close to being true.

First week sales in Japan were significantly weaker than the other main series games from VII onward and second week sales drop was about equal in magnitude to that of the previous entries. I can try to find the thread if you'd like.

Not sure if there is any reliable first week numbers for 1-6, but it looks like at least V and VI sold well over 2M in Japan in their launch years. XV will likely end up the worst selling main games in Japan with the exception of 1 and possibly 2.

Cor's girl Friday.

Yes, agreed. The moment (end-game spoilers)
where you're wailing on Ifrit, and then Gent. strolls past you, winks, and goes all sexy destructo on Ifrit
was one of my favorites.

The cutscene where she puts her finger on Ardyn's mouth, like "bitch please be quiet". Soooo good

Bladelaw

No one has experienced an issue trying to get the quest for Formouth Garrison (Regalia type F quest) to trigger? Been sitting here probably 3 hours of game time waiting for it to trigger.

Wait what?

I was just driving to a Vyv Photo Op when it flew over head and landed, in my earlier post I got my ass handed to me in there but barely made it out. Was there something I should have grabbed in there?

Finally made it to chapter 13 last night. I'm soo happy I was able to find a place to save so I could call it a night. I thought i was stuck going through that one all night.

z1ggy

Finished the game last night, 30 hours. It's a mess, but its fun and theres some great moments. But i feel they should have delayed the game at least 1 more year, could have been a masterpiece, the potential is there.

First week sales in Japan were significantly weaker than the other main series games from VII onward and second week sales drop was about equal in magnitude to that of the previous entries. I can try to find the thread if you'd like.

Not sure if there is any reliable first week numbers for 1-6, but it looks like at least V and VI sold well over 2M in Japan in their launch years.

I am purely responding to the statement that it has "worst sales (in Japan at least, possibly WW) in the main series." This includes the first six games. The implication that WW it's doing the worst sales in the main series is false and is using a broad strokes. As for the worst in the whole mainline series, in Japan, is also false. If you said "with the exception of the first 4-6 Final Fantasies and MMOs" I would have a difficult time refuting that.

I think it is a bit of both.

And A Realm Reborn patched that up and then some.

I think for hardcore fans it did but not for the larger FF fanbase. Being an MMO and having a monthly subscription is a huge turn off for many single-player fans of the series.

I counter that with it becoming the best selling PS4 game in Japan after only being on the market for a day. So...yeah. I think it's important to have that context.

Edit: I also assume we aren't counting the MMOs because we don't ever count them when it comes to sales.

People might disagree with me here, but could one factor be that the game seems very... "trying to appeal to western audiences" too much. Not saying it's a bad thing or anything.

Top Bottom