• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Ha ha. "World going to shit? Eh. Immortal shogun going to sit right here and have himself another beer."

I would play the shit out of Cor DLC, that's for sure. With this battle system, a high risk/high reward, Cyan-esque slow in-scabbard power-charge into Iai strike would be sweet.

I think it was Monica who was saying that Cor's helping the hunters clear out some daemons in certain areas, hence his non-appearance (she only says this if you keep talking to her). And in some areas, you can hear some hunter NPCs talk about seeing him and how cool he is.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I think for hardcore fans it did but not for the larger FF fanbase. Being an MMO and having a monthly subscription is a huge turn off for many single-player fans of the series.

The "larger" FF fanbase (how large is it anymore, really?) should bow and pray to both XI and XIV: ARR. XI carried the company and franchise by funding them for years. XIV will do the same for years to come.

So I get that apparently Iris becomes annoying or something, but she really fits in with this cast. Would have been cool if she joined the party almost permanently at the moment she rides along with you.

The cutscene where she puts her finger on Ardyn's mouth, like "bitch please be quiet". Soooo good

Yes, loved that. So much sass.

I think it was Monica who was saying that Cor's helping the hunters clear out some daemons in certain areas, hence his non-appearance (she only says this if you keep talking to her). And in some areas, you can hear some hunter NPCs talk about seeing him and how cool he is.

Oh, I know. Just lamenting his relative off-screen-ness is all.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Too much is never enough, anyone? I take it's not in this game? Maybe DLC?

Also I don't know if people owning the collector's edition noticed but there is some artwork for monsters by Nomura for this game, like the skeletons and Demon Wall. He didn't just work on the main 4 bros apparently.

Koozek

Also I don't know if people owning the collector's edition noticed but there is some artwork for monsters by Nomura for this game, like the skeletons and Demon Wall. He didn't just work on the main 4 bros apparently.
If you watch the credits from the title screen it's there, iirc. Actual credits spoiler:
Stand By Me plays in the actual credits first, then Apocalypsis Noctis (or another arrangement of it, dunno) in the second half.

Whompa02

Dino is definitely Nomura's creation too.

People might disagree with me here, but could one factor be that the game seems very... "trying to appeal to western audiences" too much. Not saying it's a bad thing or anything.

It could be. But I see the Japanese console market and the decline of software sales there, and the damage the brand took last gen, I believe, is the more damming situation presented to XV.

The "larger" FF fanbase (how large is it anymore, really?) should bow and pray to both XI and XIV: ARR. XI carried the company and franchise by funding them for years. XIV will do the same for years to come.

I mean, sure. That doesn't change the fact that many single-player fans don't want to pay a monthly subscription and just don't want to play MMOs. I spent years trying to get many of my friends who were self-proclaimed "FF fans" to play both. Most of them played the free trails but never committed to a subscription. Even some data I've analyzed suggests as much.

Doesn't mean these aren't big money makers for SE.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you watch the credits from the title screen it's there, iirc. Actual credits spoiler:
Stand By Me plays in the actual credits first, then Apocalypsis Noctis (or another arrangement of it, dunno) in the second half.

What Koozek said.

Ishida

Banned
Only the
boss fight
was the highlight.

Chapter 13's spoilers.

Finding the Crystal, walking towards it with the awesome arrangement of the Prelude, then getting absorbed by the Crystal, then having Ardyn explain his backstory, seeing Bahamut, etc.

Those were massive highlights for me as well.

LiK

Chapter 13's spoilers.

Finding the Crystal, walking towards it with the awesome arrangement of the Prelude, then getting absorbed by the Crystal, then having Ardyn explain his backstory, seeing Bahamut, etc.

Those were massive highlights for me as well.

i don't count cutscenes. i'm referring specifically to level design and the gameplay.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest

Seriously? In the title screen only? wtf...

It feels so weird after spending tens of hours in Chapter 3 to breeze through the next couple chapters haha Between the portions that force you to continue the story and the fact that there are no new side quests, just full steam ahead. In chapter 6 now. There was a single quest that popped up in Golden Quay but I have no idea why it popped up because apparently I can't do it until I hit Chapter 8. Doesn't make sense to me why it would pop up this soon but whatever, added to the list of quests I can't access the region to yet :p

Mezoly

What level should I tackle the last chapter? I don't want it to be too hard and take forever. I felt [previous chapter spoiler]
The Ravus fight was a little long and used a ton of items because I was level 40
I don't want to do many side quests because I'm not enjoying them.

Ishida

Banned
What level should I tackle the last chapter? I don't want it to be too hard and take forever. I felt [previous chapter spoiler]
The Ravus fight was a little long and used a ton of items because I was level 40
I don't want to do many side quests because I'm not enjoying them.

~45

Jennipeg

I'm still chipping away at chapter 13. I have been trying to be positive, it's much better when
you get the sword
but then they introduce
a daemon that goes all dragoon and randomly appears to wipe out my HP
. At this point I say no. So cheap.

Ishida

Banned
I'm still chipping away at chapter 13. I have been trying to be positive, it's much better when
you get the sword
but then they introduce
at this point I say no. So cheap.

I also disliked Chapter 13.

But the boss battle at the end of it, and the story cutscene more than made up for it.

notaskwid

you get the sword
but then they introduce

It made me angry because I couldn't tell when he was going to show up. Is there supposed to be some way to?

OrionX

Jormungand
in Costlemark's sealed dungeon is complete bullshit. Nothing in the game has given me trouble until now. The completionist in me won't allow myself to give up, but I've already died several times. Why Tabata? :(

So my buddy sent me a text saying he's playing the game and everything going fine until both Prompto and Ignis is gone. They're not getting any XP or showing up at all.

iWarHNp.jpg

He's not on a tour mission as it says he can go the Costlemark dungeon

Bhhu99p.jpg

He says even when he loads the game, they're still gone. Anyone else ran into this problem?

I didn't even know this glitch was possible. The only thing that I came close to this happening was Gladio and Ignis being invisible but when I get into battle, they're weapons will appear attack.

Jennipeg

I also disliked Chapter 13.

But the boss battle at the end of it, and the story cutscene more than made up for it.

The light at the end of the tunnel, after my initial misgivings (I wasn't sure how to deal with enemies) I really tried to be positive. But now
it's gone full Resident Evil, in the bad way with all the keycards, and i'm just waiting for it to end.
If it was outside in the streets, it would have been better I think.

It made me angry because I couldn't tell when he was going to show up. Is there supposed to be some way to?

As far as I can tell no, tis bullshit. Thank god I restocked my potions.

Ishida

Banned
The light at the end of the tunnel, after my initial misgivings (I wasn't sure how to deal with enemies) I really tried to be positive. But now
it's gone full Resident Evil, in the bad way with all the keycards, and i'm just waiting for it to end.
If it was outside in the streets, it would have been better I think..

Your mileage may vary, of course. You might also end up hating the boss and the cutscene. I can only speak of my opinion, and I loved the ending of Chapter 13. Good luck!

:)

Jennipeg

Your mileage may vary, of course. You might also end up hating the boss and the cutscene. I can only speak of my opinion, and I loved the ending of Chapter 13. Good luck!

:)

Thanks, in general I have enjoyed the story stuff. It's given me a load of questions but I still like it. I'll be very happy for more story at this point.

yunbuns

you get the sword
but then they introduce

I didn't bother fighting him and just ran away from him each time tbh.

Geg

Seriously? In the title screen only? wtf...

The actual in-game credits were really short, the credits you select from the title screen seem to be the "actual" credits. I kind of wish they had included them in the actual ending sequence itself instead of what they ended up doing because I actually like that whole credits sequence. Maybe they cut it out and moved it to a thing you can optionally select because they thought it would make the ending too long; it is around 10 minutes of credits I think.

Ishida

Banned
Is there a way to land the Regalia softly? I've only been able to do it once. It usually descends so fast.

It's so weird reading of so many people having problems landing the Regalia! I mean, it's not that I don't understand, but I always have smooth landings.

I manually get close to the road and hover over it for a few seconds, and then I press the landing button. After transforming, the car will softly glide over the road and then you can land it easily.

As I said before, I guess my experience with the Top Gun games on the NES prepared me for this. :p

Falk

that puzzling face
So my buddy sent me a text saying he's playing the game and everything going fine until both Prompto and Ignis is gone. They're not getting any XP or showing up at all.

iWarHNp.jpg

Bhhu99p.jpg

He says even when he loads the game, they're still gone. Anyone else ran into this problem?

I didn't even know this glitch was possible. The only thing that I came close to this happening was Gladio and Ignis being invisible but when I get into battle, they're weapons will appear attack.

Your buddy needs to start story stuff and see what happens. For science.

The actual in-game credits were really short, the credits you select from the title screen seem to be the "actual" credits. I kind of wish they had included them in the actual ending sequence itself instead of what they ended up doing because I actually like that whole credits sequence. Maybe they cut it out and moved it to a thing you can optionally select because they thought it would make the ending too long; it is around 10 minutes of credits I think.

Didn't GAF have a thread about this recently, lol

ubercheez

I'm doing Chapter 13 now, I've taken a break after
attempting to rescue fake Prompto
, how much more do I have to do? I'm prepared to be dissapointed with your answer....

You're a little under half way. But the remainder is a bit better since your combat options will improve.

Geg

iWarHNp.jpg

Bhhu99p.jpg

This reminds me that I'm still experiencing the glitch where the game no longer allows me to summon or ride chocobos aside from the racing minigame. It never fixed itself :(

Aesthet1c

Does anyone know if the food XP boosts affect quest turn in's.

I'm trying to farm enough XP to hit 99, but I'm not sure if I should just repeat high xp hunts, or go finish up a bunch of side quests.

Top Bottom