• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

mcz117chief

You can switch between Easy and Normal modes whenever you want, I think. You can play on Easy for some time and try to summon it, and then go back to Normal if you wish.

Arrright, I might try it eventually. Will anything happen if I switch difficulties? Trophies disabling, content locking, etc.?

This reminds me that I'm still experiencing the glitch where the game no longer allows me to summon or ride chocobos aside from the racing minigame. It never fixed itself :(

I guess I got lucky as I never encountered any glitches like this. Hopefully they patch it by the time I decided to play it again next year (just got the platinum trophy on Sunday, so it's break time).

Falk

that puzzling face
The only difficulty-related trophy is beating a near-end boss on Normal. You can do only that boss on Normal and trigger the trophy.

Trying to dig through 2 OTs worth of content and I'm having problems finding it, where was the spot to farm for coins? And the general max out XP strat? Also, I'm in the middle of chapter 10 and maybe I'm being dumb but...
how do I get back to altissa for hotel and food?

Anung

Un Rama
Finally got Gladio to survival level 9. The jump from this to 10 is going to be hella tedious.

Still got 4 levels worth of fishing to do D:

Aesthet1c

Trying to dig through 2 OTs worth of content and I'm having problems finding it, where was the spot to farm for coins? And the general max out XP strat? Also, I'm in the middle of chapter 10 and maybe I'm being dumb but...
how do I get back to altissa for hotel and food?

To get back to
Altissa, you call Umbra when at a lodging spot.

ubercheez

So I get that apparently Iris becomes annoying or something, but she really fits in with this cast. Would have been cool if she joined the party almost permanently at the moment she rides along with you.

I really liked the bit where Iris is rolling with the gang. Getting to go through a dungeon with her was really fun, especially since she provides the only bit of White Magic I've seen in this game.

He should rest and see if non-existent Prompto is still taking pictures!

I'll ask him again as the only pic he sent me after this glitch happened when camping is this. And he said they aren't receiving any EXP. Hopefully they show up as he tries to do more story missions that require them to show up for cutscenes and stuff.

PX8kgQU.jpg

JayEH

So I have a question about the health level III ability in the tree. I'm lvl 99 right now, would that do anything for me or does that only work when you're leveling?

Geg

I guess I got lucky as I never encountered any glitches like this. Hopefully they patch it by the time I decided to play it again next year (just got the platinum trophy on Sunday, so it's break time).

Yeah some glitches that people are reporting are things I never experienced, like party members turning transparent or camera freezing in an optional dungeon. This is the only big one I've experienced but it's annoying because it means I have to run everywhere to do hunts and stuff now, instead of quickly sprinting to the area with a chocobo.

tariniel

I'm level 39 at the end of chapter 8. There are a ton of sidequests and dungeons marked on my map. Should I go do them before I move on to the next chapter?
It tells me I won't be able to return to the open world for a while when I talk to Cid.

I only have 4 or 5 of the royal arms so far. To be honest I rarely use them because of the health drain, but some of them are really cool. I think I have the 4 from the story so far, and the mace from the
volcano. I made a huge mistake in that dungeon by checking what quests and hunts are available before going. The IGN wiki said "Take the hunt for a Zu before going". Big mistake, that thing was level 67 and oneshot everyone. I had to panic to run by it to get the royal arm and to exit. Very scary.

Also I feel like I do very little damage to some monsters, they don't resist my damage type but take forever to kill. Last night I took a hunt for 5 of the grey-colored Dhalmels - they were level 28, and at level 39 with fairly up-to-date weapons it took me at least 6-7 minutes of straight fighting to kill all 5 of them.

BTW, driving around listening to the FFXI Gustaberg or Ronfaure songs is pure bliss. Love it.

ch4fx_

Story related question.. SPOILERS possibly?

Does Noct ever stop complaining about his headache? When I'm doing side quests, I keep hearing him say "ahhhh, make it stop" or something along those lines.

Certainly not game breaking for me, but if I didn't hear it again I wouldn't be upset.

Who cooked that toast?

You know, I never thought about that (o_o)

Story related question.. SPOILERS possibly?

Does Noct ever stop complaining about his headache? When I'm doing side quests, I keep hearing him say "ahhhh, make it stop" or something along those lines.

Certainly not game breaking for me, but if I didn't hear it again I wouldn't be upset.

Yea, once you do a bit more story missions, it'll stop. If I recall it's right after
you face the Archaeon/titan and obtain his summon

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I'm level 39 at the end of chapter 8. There are a ton of sidequests and dungeons marked on my map. Should I go do them before I move on to the next chapter?
It tells me I won't be able to return to the open world for a while when I talk to Cid.

I only have 4 or 5 of the royal arms so far. To be honest I rarely use them because of the health drain, but some of them are really cool. I think I have the 4 from the story so far, and the mace from the
volcano. I made a huge mistake in that dungeon by checking what quests and hunts are available before going. The IGN wiki said "Take the hunt for a Zu before going". Big mistake, that thing was level 67 and oneshot everyone. I had to panic to run by it to get the royal arm and to exit. Very scary.

Also I feel like I do very little damage to some monsters, they don't resist my damage type but take forever to kill. Last night I took a hunt for 5 of the grey-colored Dhalmels - they were level 28, and at level 39 with fairly up-to-date weapons it took me at least 6-7 minutes of straight fighting to kill all 5 of them.

BTW, driving around listening to the FFXI Gustaberg or Ronfaure songs is pure bliss. Love it.
You can return and do quests in any chapter, don't worry about that.

You get a few more royal arms as part of the story. You might as well get all of them except the one in Costlemark (maybe best saved for postgame) and perhaps the one in the mine (recommended level 50).

One thing to keep in mind is that the royal arms have some insane passive stat boosts. You are best off equipping 3 of them for stats + one regular weapon that you actually intend to use. Ultima blade is actually pretty easy to get, and is the best weapon until postgame.

Ignis' enhancement ability is very useful for increasing damage.

ubercheez

One thing to keep in mind is that the royal arms have some insane passive stat boosts. You are best off equipping 3 of them for stats + one regular weapon that you actually intend to use. Ultima blade is actually pretty easy to get, and is the best weapon until postgame.

HOLD UP. I still get the stat boosts from non-active weapons? Oh my god, game changer.

tariniel

You can return and do quests in any chapter, don't worry about that.

You get a few more royal arms as part of the story. You might as well get all of them except the one in Costlemark (maybe best saved for postgame) and perhaps the one in the mine (recommended level 50).

Ignis' enhancement ability is very useful for increasing damage.

Wow had no idea about the passive boost. Thanks! I looked up the Ultima sword and I think I already completed over half of it just playing normally. Cid called me last night to pick up the 2nd upgrade so I just need that last one.

I'm really loving this game right now. Can't wait until I get home to play.

Finalow

the
Adamantoise
fight didn't take as long as I thought it would, but it was still so goddamn boring, they didn't even bother to give him more than 2 attacks. probably wouldn't have done it if I wasn't doing 9999 damage with every warp strike.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Ended up playing some more last night and this morning since my copy of TLG didn't come yesterday (installing now as it just came in the mail).

Finished up the Dave and Sonia and Randolph quests and farmed some more XP. So now all the side quests are done aside from the fishing one (have the level 28 catch the whatever Gar one). Did all the royal tombs and the first sealed dungeon (Keycatrich Trench). A bit over 71 hours in, with Noctis at level 93 and the others at 91.

Doubt I'll play anymore until DLC. I can't go for the platinum since my complete 40 side quests trophy didn't unlock despite getting the one for doing 80. I don't feel like grinding fishing, cooking and survival to level 10, nor doing the Admantoise fight, anyway.

Really enjoyed the game despite it's many flaws. Will be hard to decide where to place it on my GOTY list as it has so many flaws, yet I dumped over 70 hours in it which is super rare for me and enjoyed most of them.

Muffdraul

Finally got Gladio to survival level 9. The jump from this to 10 is going to be hella tedious.

Still got 4 levels worth of fishing to do D:

Is there some awesome reward tied to fishing? I'm over 90 hours with one dungeon and a few hunts left to do and that's it. Noct is at fishing lvl 3 and I wasn't really intending to get him any higher.

Mailbox

I'm at level 42. Should I do quests or hunts to level up faster? are there specific quests/hunts that grant big exp?

If you haven't finished the game, you should be good until the end.
If you are in post game, just do some sidequests and hunts and then sleep at Galdin or Altissia.

Easiest way to level: lasagna, expericast, bandersnatch, high Xp hotel. Went from 60 to 90 in one fight with about ten minutes prep.

Or that

Mezoly

Easiest way to level: lasagna, expericast, bandersnatch, high Xp hotel. Went from 60 to 90 in one fight with about ten minutes prep.

So bandersnatch is in the thicket quest only or is their a repeatable hunt?

If you haven't finished the game, you should be good until the end.
If you are in post game, just do some sidequests and hunts and then sleep at Galdin or Altissia.

Or that
Haven't finished the game yet. I'm on the final chapter but I felt the previous chapter fights were taking too long so I figured I'd level up a bit.

Yeah, it's serious business. Even in chapter 1, with no lasagna and just using the Debased Coins I pick up off the ground, I got 5-figure EXP that way.

It's not a quest or hunt; it's just roaming around there. The easiest way to find it is to talk to the guy at the diner at Hammerhead and put a marker on the Eos Green Peas slightly to the northeast. If you pick up the peas, there's another low-value food item--potatoes or something--nearby that's right around there, too.

Mediking

Another exhilarating moment is fighting at night and strong enemies step to the plate to fight.

I remember... wayyy back when I first got to Hammerhead.... there was a powerful Iron Giant at night and I ran from him because we didn't stand a chance.

But recently? The guys and I destroyed him. I was warping around that clown and hitting him where it hurts.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

There's one that spawns just north of Hammerhead, in the little crater area on the map.

Is there some awesome reward tied to fishing? I'm over 90 hours with one dungeon and a few hunts left to do and that's it. Noct is at fishing lvl 3 and I wasn't really intending to get him any higher.

Most people are just doing it for the trophy. There's a trophy for getting each of the bros skills to level 10. If you aren't going for the platinum, and dislike fishing, you can ignore.

kaiiri

There's one that spawns just north of Hammerhead, in the little crater area on the map.

Most people are just doing it for the trophy. There's a trophy for getting each of the bros skills to level 10. If you aren't going for the platinum, and dislike fishing, you can ignore.

Using Expeicast is definitely faster (just the collecting of coins is what takes awhile), but I found farming the quest mission killing wyverns next to the volcano was better for me. Not only was it good experience (roughly 4800xp every 3 mins or so) but up to 11,000ish gil from the drops they give you as well (1600 a piece).

Leveled from 60-99 in a few hours and went from 150kish to 600kish as well. Was able to kill two birds with one sword. XD

It's a bummer that there don't seem to be any character skills, no matter how high-level, that are capable of healing your maximum HP - you *need* items to do that.

Don't get me wrong, I really love the return to the oldschool dungeon-crawl feel of really needing to budget what you've got before you return to a safe spot to save and heal up, but in the postgame it'd be nice for there to be a way to do away with the majority of that.

Kyoufu

It's a bummer that there don't seem to be any character skills, no matter how high-level, that are capable of healing your maximum HP - you *need* items to do that.

Don't get me wrong, I really love the return to the oldschool dungeon-crawl feel of really needing to budget what you've got before you return to a safe spot to save and heal up, but in the postgame it'd be nice for there to be a way to do away with the majority of that.

You can go into danger and be healed by an ally to recover maximum HP with the corresponding Ascension ability, no?

Im about 7 hrs in, I thought I wasnt going to like the battle system but I really like it, Im guessing theres no way to use libra without going into wait mode, correct, I play in active mode.

1. Open up map, return to rest point.
2. Loading screen.
3. Talk to NPC,
talk to Umbra, travel to Altissa
4. Loading screen.
5. Pay 30k Gil for 3x XP.
6. Loading screen.
7. Hop on Gondola to restaurant.
8. Loading screen.
9. Eat 100% more XP food, open up map, return to rest point.
10. Loading screen.
11. Talk to NPC,
talk to Umbra, travel to Lucis
12. Loading screen.
13. Open up map, return to car.
14. Loading screen.
15. Hop in car, auto drive to dungeon.
16. Loading screen.
17. Complete dungeon, then repeat.

Can't wait for this to come to a certain platform where most of my time isn't spent in loading screens. Yay for open world games and terrible HDDs.

Mailbox

Im about 7 hrs in, I thought I wasnt going to like the battle system but I really like it, Im guessing theres no way to use libra without going into wait mode, correct, I play in active mode.

Not manually at least.
There is a node for ignis to analyse but its at random and its inconsistent.

Bladelaw

How exactly does expericast work? I can make the spell (I'm sitting on a trove of rare coins and debased currency) but I don't want to burn more materials than necessary to get maximum benefit.

I really want to take another crack at Crestholm Channels but I need to bulk up a bit first.

Top Bottom