• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck.

Fighting behemoth and it tells me to cast fire when he's standing over the oil drums and the shit will not work. I have fire equipped and it will NOT cast and it just keeps getting me fucking skewered by him.

I don't understand why I don't get the combat in this game and it's not clicking with me but it's driving me insane.

I had the same damn problem. Would love to know this too.

Burbeting

Banned
Platinumed the game in 85 hours. Could have done it in maybe 50, but I kept concentrating on stuff not related to the platinum trophy itself.

LotusHD

Banned
So, this is a glitch when trying to be the behemoth?

It's not a glitch, we just suck at aiming. I tried to hit the barrels too, but failed miserably. It's whatever, not a particularly hard fight regardless of whether or not you hit the barrels anyhow.

ffvorax

Finished the game... Chp14 is so good... if all the game was so well made... :(

Liked the game a lot, now going for the plat. Finished at lv60.

Also today finished the Costlemark Dungeon... well the
fucking labyrinth... O_O I had to fight three big red giant + a lot of jelly + one medusa snake... thx god ramuh helped me at a certain point of the battle... :D

EDIT:
I actually think that chapter from 13 to the end are the best of the game. storytelling, gameplay variations, pacing... everything it's so good.

_Isaac

It's not a glitch, we just suck at aiming. I tried to hit the barrels too, but failed miserably. It's whatever, not a particularly hard fight regardless of whether or not you hit the barrels anyhow.
I thought it was hard without the barrels.

Im really enjoying but jeez, wish it had better side missions, just not good, also the game is weird with manual saves, doesn't let you save everywhere, couple of bugs ran into but overall Im enjoying FF and kind of missed jrpgs in general.

iFirez

Hey all, I'm finally starting my 2 week Christmas break and with it, time to finally play Final Fantasy. Any news on if the PS4 Pro updates have been talked about anymore? I'm going to be at a different place for 2 weeks so I'll only have my 45" HDTV with me and not my 55" 4K TV, so 4k support isn't a problem. Other than that, I'm pretty damn excited to finally sit down for 8-10 hours a day for 2 weeks and sink my teeth into FFXV.

Mr. Hyde

Hey all, I'm finally starting my 2 week Christmas break and with it, time to finally play Final Fantasy. Any news on if the PS4 Pro updates have been talked about anymore? I'm going to be at a different place for 2 weeks so I'll only have my 45" HDTV with me and not my 55" 4K TV, so 4k support isn't a problem. Other than that, I'm pretty damn excited to finally sit down for 8-10 hours a day for 2 weeks and sink my teeth into FFXV.

There is a game update coming out Dec 22nd but there is no word if it will have the Pro performance patch. It seems to be doubtful. I am thinking they don't want to rush a fix.

Leeness

Basically lmao.

I got beat up pretty hard though and just managed to get a win, but yeah, it was me and my terrible aiming, no glitches involved haha.

Mediking

Does fixing up the car do anything? Or just looks?

Service the Regalia = Cindy actually fixed broken windows and cracks and scratches on the Car.

Customizing the Regalia = designing the Regalia into almost anything you want. One of the best things.

Doing Cindy quests = upgrades for the Regalia.

Its a shame you cant see Hammerhead grow but Cindy does explain that its because of all the drama and monsters that they have far less customers.

Cid = Upgrady weapons guy and old man who tells you to man up. I wished he was more like Roshi though.

Zakalwe

Banned
Is there any decent combat guide out there? I want to get gud with weapons like the Greatsword.

Some weapons have combos attached to the left analog direction. You can find them with a quick test. There's really not much to "getting good" with a particular weapon beyond learning the timing of each combo and matching vulnerabilities.

Heavy weapons tend to have air strikes which can be very handy.

Gorillaz

Are they going to fix summons in this update?

im sitting here hitting L2 when it showed up with 2 iron giants out here and shit ain't even happen

JCizzle

Finally got to chapter 13 after reading the vague negative impressions. Damn everyone is right, super disappointing after what I thought was a very strong game before it

You need to hold the button.

I've had times where I've held the button for 10 seconds or more, and it still fails to trigger. I would have greatly preferred a summon meter that grows really slowly. Then, you hold L2 and press triangle or something then summon appears based on various factors such as how many items you used to heal, how much damage you've taken, how much damage you've dealt, and how much damage your party members have taken.

Kyoufu

I've had times where I've held the button for 10 seconds or more, and it still fails to trigger. I would have greatly preferred a summon meter that grows really slowly. Then, you hold L2 and press triangle or something then summon appears based on various factors such as how many items you used to heal, how much damage you've taken, how much damage you've dealt, and how much damage your party members have taken.

It'll only fail if:

1) you stand still and trigger Wait Mode
2) an enemy hits you

That's only if you get the prompt to summon. If you don't get the prompt then yeah, there's nothing to fix, it's just the way they've made the summon system work.

GametimeUK

Please someone tell me that I don't have to go though the pause menu and activate / deactivate wait mode every time I wish to scan an enemy. There has to be a more intuitive way.

Please someone tell me that I don't have to go though the pause menu and activate / deactivate wait mode every time I wish to scan an enemy. There has to be a more intuitive way.

Dont deactiviate wait mode. it only appears when you completely stop moving.

So if you want to scan an enemy just stand still at the start of the battle, scan it, then go do your thing.

iFirez

There is a game update coming out Dec 22nd but there is no word if it will have the Pro performance patch. It seems to be doubtful. I am thinking they don't want to rush a fix.
Ahhh okay. Well the performance stuff doesn't seem super bad to me so I'll live with it. I'm pretty much going in blind too, I know nothing about the game other than Episode D that I played earlier this year.

Ferr986

3 red giants, a shit ton of flans, a fucking Naga that can heal himself whenever the fuck he wants....
What in the fucking fuck was SE thinking?

Gbraga

Ahhh okay. Well the performance stuff doesn't seem super bad to me so I'll live with it. I'm pretty much going in blind too, I know nothing about the game other than Episode D that I played earlier this year.

You should watch the Brotherhood anime, it's really good at giving the main characters and their relationship some backstory.

It's not necessary, but it's pretty fun. And it's free.

Neiteio

I guess you also don't know
what a covenant is? I ask because I genuinely don't. Luna wakes them up and asks for a covenant, this takes it's toll on her physically. But does anyone know what it is? She isn't summoning them, or controlling them, she's just their alarm clock.
A covenant is a pact, in this case to lend Noctis their strength. Luna is capable of talking to the gods. That's what the Oracle does. So she's calling upon the gods, trying to convince them that Noctis is worthy of their power. Meanwhile, Noctis is doing his part by seeking out the Royal Arms. This is during the first half of the game when the primary goal for Noctis and Luna is still "overthrow empire, reclaim throne." And from Luna's POV, she knows Noctis needs all the power he can get, since he's fated to confront the star-scourge (i.e. lengthening nights, parasites turning men into monsters, etc), which they touch on lightly early in the game.

jiggle

I'll take that as a "no". Not game breaking for me, I just wish it was more intuitive. Swapping between wait and normal at a swipe of the touch pad would have been great.
So would swapping techs on the fly
Or turning HUD on/off
It's only fair that we get non!
Nobody wins!

Kyoufu

So we should never feel anything because of a video game? What about movies? Should we feel something there?

This is just a weird answer to me...

I'm sorry that you find it weird that I don't have any problem with slaying an imaginary "Garula" with my imaginary magic sword.

GametimeUK

So we should never feel anything because of a video game? What about movies? Should we feel something there?

It's a shame he won't get emotionally invested in the Final Fantasy games. I can't imagine Aeriths death without being emotionally attached because "it's just a game".

LotusHD

Banned

I guess he probably means that killing animals in this game and most others isn't the same as doing it in real life, so he saw no issue with it. I feel similarly, it's no different from all the various monsters and stuff we kill in this game, so meh.

As for me, I killed them every now and then early on in the game, but then I just stopped bothering out of boredom. I only remotely felt bad about it when my friends jokingly called me out on it.

Neiteio

I'm sorry that you find it weird that I don't have any problem with slaying an imaginary "Garula" with my imaginary magic sword.
*Flashback to the '90s. Everyone in the movie theater is crying as Jack slips away from Rose in 'Titanic.' Kyoufu stands up and turns to the audience. "Why does everyone feel sad? The characters are imaginary!"*

Top Bottom