• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

I know, what I‘m complaining about is that my first Blazing Sword character was Nergal, and now my first Sacred Stones character is Lyon :|

The order you'll get characters is always the same, going by reports of the Japanese release. So, it seems like in your case you'll always get the main villain of each set before anyone else.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
help help how do I replenish the heal staff? :O

Buy a new one.

Also my Kellan/Miriel combo is just an invincible experience sponge. Doesn't matter who, they just deal no damage and then die horribly. They are way too broken a combo.

NeonZ

How do you repair/recharge weapons?

Hammerne staff, a very costly staff (IIRC, 2000 G and with only one use). Really, it's only worthy it to repair legendary weapons which can't be bought. Everything else should just be left falling apart and be replaced by new ones.

NeonZ

So uh, Olivia can level past 20? I was scum bagging leveling her in the DLC map pack.

Yes. Special classes that don't have promotions, like Dancer, Manakete, Taguel, Lodestar and the two DLC ones all can reach up to lvl 30. The main advantage of reaching lvl 30 is that you can class change them straight to a promoted class, they don't learn any new skills after lvl 15.

What does the Champions of Yore pack include seeing as Champions of Yore 1 was free?

Also, bought another master seal. Which character should I class change?

NeonZ

What does the Champions of Yore pack include seeing as Champions of Yore 1 was free?

Champions of Yore 1, 2 and 3, basically discounting 50 cents from 2 and 3 (when the free period of Champions 1 expires, Champion's pack price will change to 6$). 2 is just a rehash of 1 with higher levels (still unpromoted ones though) and without anything special regarding DLC Roy. 3 has a new skill that can be given to any character (all stats +2) and "Shadowgift" Dark Mage Micaiah, who can use dark mage-only spells in any class. Combined they also form a mini-story with introduction and resolution.

Tunavi

Banned
that feel when my character blocks a boss's final blow to Chrom, then the two retaliate and double strike for the victory.

jesus, this game.

MechaX

I really don't want my 3 or so hours spent in the game so far to go to waste, but I am seriously considering restarting on Hard Casual.

Second night in a row where I'm trying to squeeze in some playtime after school/work, only to have a session blow up in smoke because some asshole came out of nowhere with a 1%-4% crit chance and nuked a character I liked. I don't know how I got through this on older FE because it seems like I'm making no kind of progress.

I really don't want my 3 or so hours spent in the game so far to go to waste, but I am seriously considering restarting on Hard Casual.

Second night in a row where I'm trying to squeeze in some playtime after school/work, only to have a session blow up in smoke because some asshole came out of nowhere with a 1%-4% crit chance and nuked a character I liked. I don't know how I got through this on older FE because it seems like I'm making no kind of progress.
What are you playing now? Hard Classic?

Why not try Normal Classic?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
How long would you guys say the game is not including restarts.

Chapter 17, 35 hours on my file. Probably around 42 hours if I checked my 3DS stats. I am very slow with my playthrough, doing a ton of Paralogue missions, grinding up some relationships, taking my time enjoying it. You could probably just blast through the game much faster if you stick with a tight, powerful group. Playing on Hard / Classic.

MechaX

What are you playing now? Hard Classic?

Why not try Normal Classic?

I tried a little bit of normal, and it's a bit too easy in general. Hard mode is a bit harder than I expected (this is a case where a difficulty in-between the two would have hit a sweet spot), but still good enough. Hard Casual seems kinda counterproductive since the key about higher difficulties would be to not lose units, but when most of my time is playing restarts after RNG shenanigans, well...

Ken

Buy a new one.

Also my Kellan/Miriel combo is just an invincible experience sponge. Doesn't matter who, they just deal no damage and then die horribly. They are way too broken a combo.

Some shops sell "Heal" for 500. Is that basically recharging the staff or something?

Doorman

Gotta love those Fire Emblem "oh shit oh shit oh shit--oh--oh shit YEAH!" moments.

Ricken dodged a potentially-fatal 73% attack from a boss, countered, and Chrom happened to come in and dual to finish him off. Went from "I lose" to "the rest of this map is cake" in about 4 seconds. Thank you Ricken!

If only I actually had room to use you in any actual battles...

How does one exactly grind?

This is one game I wouldn't mind doing so because I don't want it to end...I'm on chapter 10, just beat paralouge 4

Mr. Fix

This is one game I wouldn't mind doing so because I don't want it to end...I'm on chapter 10, just beat paralouge 4

The first DLC chapter is alright for getting your units to level 20 pre-promoted. And the Nino spotpass battle (I think) which you could summon at will.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

DLC, Spotpass battles, random Risen battles (can summon with the reeky box, although it's expensive). Really the free DLC is great to catching up some characters that have fallen behind, but it gets old really quick.

Only some rare items repair, otherwise you just buy more weapons from shops. Skirmishes will get you the gold you need.

Other teams you just fight on a random spot on the map after selecting them, if you beat them, you recruit the leader. Some of the high level ones are really good.

-You don't.
-You get to use their leader without having to beat them in a skirmish I assume.

Hammerne staff, a very costly staff (IIRC, 2000 G and with only one use). Really, it's only worthy it to repair legendary weapons which can't be bought. Everything else should just be left falling apart and be replaced by new ones.

OK thanks everyone.

Roto13

DLC, Spotpass battles, random Risen battles (can summon with the reeky box, although it's expensive). Really the free DLC is great to catching up some characters that have fallen behind, but it gets old really quick.

Everyone's talking.

I bought the DLC bundle. Not a hundred percent sure why. It'd be nice if the enemies scaled to your level, since my characters are all beasts now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Everyone's talking.

I bought the DLC bundle. Not a hundred percent sure why. It'd be nice if the enemies scaled to your level, since my characters are all beasts now.

I'll probably wait to start my second playthrough until later in the year, when most of the DLC is out. That way, the low level DLC won't be as useless and it'll give me something fresh to play.

fernoca

Just got the game and artbook!
Now, my only doubt is around Spotass. I activated the option but...is it "activated" on the same Chapter as the one you can start getting DLC?

I'm just starting Chapter 2 and I'm taking a break (just arrived from work), will it download any Spotpass stuff right now while on Sleep Mode?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hmm. I snagged the Champion 2 and 3 DLC combo, but I noticed that in comparison to Japan, we're missing the equivalent King versus King DLC with Leif for a similar point in time. I wonder if Nintendo's saving it for a bundle.

Incidentally, did Japan any type of bundles? I noticed on Serenes that some of the dlc appeared to get a price cut after a while.

GeekyDad

Wow, man, this game really wanted Sumia to die. Had to restart a mission twIce because she kept getting whacked with crit hits. But I dig her, so that shit just wasn't gonna stand. The heavy knight dude no one ever notices was the first one I let stay dead. Never liked those slow fuckers in FE games anyway. Their movement around a map is so laborious.

Just discovered the WiFi stuff, though -- wow! This game's a treasure trove of content.

GSR

It's nice there's so many support convos in this game, but man if the S-ranks don't feel sudden in some cases. Lissa/Kellam took a sharp swerve from pie-eating to proposals.

I guess it's to be expected when there's so many support options.

Chrom

Incidentally, did Japan any type of bundles? I noticed on Serenes that some of the dlc appeared to get a price cut after a while.

No DLC bundles were ever released in Japan, and there were never any DLC that got reduced prices in the long run. Champions of Yore 1 was free initially just like now, and Harvest of Bonds was originally released at a reduced price, but was eventually adjusted to normal after a while.

It's nice there's so many support convos in this game, but man if the S-ranks don't feel sudden in some cases. Lissa/Kellam took a sharp swerve from pie-eating to proposals.

I guess it's to be expected when there's so many support options.
They also have to walk a fine line. A supports can't be too leading because you can still get them after you S rank with someone else.

Wow, man, this game really wanted Sumia to die. Had to restart a mission twIce because she kept getting whacked with crit hits. But I dig her, so that shit just wasn't gonna stand. The heavy knight dude no one ever notices was the first one I let stay dead. Never liked those slow fuckers in FE games anyway. Their movement around a map is so laborious.

Just discovered the WiFi stuff, though -- wow! This game's a treasure trove of content.

Generals are great in general, in my opinion, but with Pair Up, this game makes their movement a non-factor. Just pair them up with a flier, fly somewhere, then switch back.

Stoof

Chapter 10 has some AMAZING music, dayum. Also, Donnel reclassed as a merc is destroying everything along with Avatar x Tharja <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom