• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

Are there any characters that are recruitable like Stefan?

Do you mean a character who appears in the middle of nowhere with little in-game explanation about the conditions to get him? No, things generally are much more obvious here.

Mr. Fix

Is it worth it to level up any of the char's you recruit from spot pass?

They don't seem bad. Jaffar really helped me out near the end of the game. Hector and Eliwood are great as well, and the pair up bonuses they give are good.

So swordmaster or assassin?

I'd go with Assassin. Swordmasters are good for crits and assassins have that OHKO skill.

So...
I have been upgrading my characters at level 10,
and i realized i missed a guy after watching giant bombs quicklook.
I think i want to start all over....

Was it Kellam? Nah, you're good.

Are there any characters that are recruitable like Stefan?

Swordsmasters?
Say'ri

Her future husband is always potentially in the thick of things and without Reek boxes for easier experience all the enemies atm are well well above low leveling especially on hard. Can you max Seed of Trust her with her husband to S? Or does Seed of Trust only work once?

It seems to improve the support boost from pairing up, so I guess you could just pair her up with her husband all the time if you don't mind her not being able to heal and being down a member.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just got my payment request for the Knights of Iris artbook. Can't wait to get it.

GeekyDad

So...
I have been upgrading my characters at level 10,
and i realized i missed a guy after watching giant bombs quicklook.
I think i want to start all over....

Nah, that's paint-by-numbers, dude. Enjoy your first playthrough. You can always do another, hitting all the highlights. You can never get that fresh feeling back again. Might as well make the most of the adventure.

Neiteio

OK, already got Chrom X Sumia, Sully X Stahl, and Lissa X Vaike.

Now I'm working on Gaius X Tharja, Lon'qu X Miriel, Kellam X Maribelle, Virion X Cordelia, Gregor X Nowi, and Avatar X Anna.

Uh, can all of these pairs produce children?

Just did Ch. 10. THE RAIN. THE MUSIC. YESSS.

Question about it:
No way to spare the general, right?

Man, this game is incredible. First go at Fire Emblem, but even without knowledge of past Fire Emblems, I imagine Awakening would be difficult to improve on, right? Or at least, a new installment would need to shake things up to distinguish itself, if Iwata Asks indicating this is an "ultimate culmination" is anything to go by.

So does experience gain eventually slow down to the point where there is an effective level cap, or you can keep switching classes and leveling indefinitely?

Anteo

OK, already got Chrom X Sumia, Sully X Stahl, and Lissa X Vaike.

Now I'm working on Gaius X Tharja, Lon'qu X Miriel, Kellam X Maribelle, Virion X Cordelia, Gregor X Nowi, and Avatar X Anna.

Uh, can all of these pairs produce children?

Just did Ch. 10. THE RAIN. THE MUSIC. YESSS.

Question about it:
No way to spare the general, right?

Man, this game is incredible. First go at Fire Emblem, but even without knowledge of past Fire Emblems, I imagine Awakening would be difficult to improve on, right? Or at least, a new installment would need to shake things up to distinguish itself, if Iwata Asks indicating this is an "ultimate culmination" is anything to go by.

This is life, this is death..

Is not the first time a boss and his army is not your trully enemy but you still have to fight them. In RD there was certain general that refused to counter attack one of your units, and started most fights saying "We are not your enemies". =/

Neiteio

This is life, this is death..

Is not the first time a boss and his army is not your trully enemy but you still have to fight them. In RD there was certain general that refused to counter attack one of your units, and started most fights saying "We are not your enemies". =/
Aw, man. :( In this case (Awakening), the general was totally between a rock and a hard place. At least he was good to his men. :-\

Also, the whole chapter before that (MAJOR SPOILER:
Emm's death
) was so, so, SO very EXCITING! Cool-looking area, too (
dragon bones in the desert
). Actually, all the backgrounds are awesome, in general, lol.

you know... I don't get why people flip out about that spoiler in video reviews/ QL (
marth's gender
). If a spoiler about
was gonna flip your sock... you'd probably get a heart attack from learning about anything more interesting in life, like where your car keys are.

vall03

Cordelia not a dark flier?

Sadly, yes. I promoted her without knowing any of the skills each class learns. Oh well, at least her daughter has access to it. Im betting everything to all the children characters anyway, so most of my characters are benched for a while.

Can you seriously not add just the exact amount of money for the DLC? Because that‘d be bs. Unless it was a weird thing that only happened to me.

And wtf is this game‘s deal with wanting to make me fight lv20 sorcerers for my first character in a spotpass pack? :|

Mr. Fix

Can you seriously not add just the exact amount of money for the DLC? Because that‘d be bs. Unless it was a weird thing that only happened to me.

And wtf is this game‘s deal with wanting to make me fight lv20 sorcerers for my first character in a spotpass pack? :|

If you hit the update option, you should be able to download all the spotpass teams released. Some are doable early on.

I played so much today that I strained my eyes something awful. Got to remember take some breaks and turn the 3D off every once in a while. Seriously want to keep playing, but I feel terrible.

If you hit the update option, you should be able to download all the spotpass teams released. Some are doable early on.

I know, what I‘m complaining about is that my first Blazing Sword character was Nergal, and now my first Sacred Stones character is Lyon :|

You can. Just select add needed funds and it will add the exact amount you need.

And that‘s exactly what wasn‘t appearing on my end.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I picked up Hector on Spotpass the other day. The first Spotpass team I couldn't beat. His team of promoted level 20s would just stop my face right now.

How do you repair/recharge weapons?

Also what does recruiting other teams do for you? Do you get to take them on missions instead of your own?

Midou

Also what does recruiting other teams do for you? Do you get to take them on missions instead of your own?

Only some rare items repair, otherwise you just buy more weapons from shops. Skirmishes will get you the gold you need.

Other teams you just fight on a random spot on the map after selecting them, if you beat them, you recruit the leader. Some of the high level ones are really good.

FireVoa

It seems to improve the support boost from pairing up, so I guess you could just pair her up with her husband all the time if you don't mind her not being able to heal and being down a member.

Yeah I just brute forced it. I kept using the Matthew character maps and left Gregor and her paired and cleaned up the map solo. Did it a bunch of times and got an S ranking with them.

-You don't.
-You get to use their leader without having to beat them in a skirmish I assume.

And that‘s exactly what wasn‘t appearing on my end.

What do you know, it was the usual process of stuff doesn't work->complain on the internet->stuff magically works again.

Jachaos

I burst out laughing at Frederick's conversation with Cynthia.
He's married to Sumia. I can just picture him racing onto the field with purple petals raining down from above him and going ''... I know.'' And then saying this is most inappropriate''

Wilsongt

So, I guess since we are on to the Sacred Stones characters, all of the FE7 characters are now available. *grinds like a mad man*

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
...I've restarted this game THREE times.

First: I started a Normal Classic game, made it to Ch. 5. I was NOT liking all the deaths. And really, the game could/should do a better job of making death more of an... event. Like here's two lines of dialog from a dying character, and that's it. I mentioned, before there needs to be like a graveyard or some way to "remember your fallen comrades" or something after deaths, to make it more meaningful. Or, maybe the equipment that a dying character was holding is now "Powered Up" as a memory of the fallen character. SOMETHING to give you a reason to just not immediately reset the game. The game gives you really no interesting/good reason to carry through a character death, other than 'Well, I don't want to restart'.

So then I started a new game of Normal Casual. Made it back to Ch.5 ... only this time I was really figuring out the pairing system and how to play the game a lot better. I think I made it all the way to Ch.5 this time with NO deaths or restarts. So I learned how to play the game properly, and now I'm thinking "Casual mode is way too easy".

So then I do ANOTHER restart of Normal Classic. And now the game feels just right. I definitely survey the battlefield, choose the appropriate units to head into battle depending on what enemy units there are. Learned to pair and fight close together. And the game is just clicking with me so well now.

TL;DR
... But still, seriously for a game that's all PERMA-DEATH IS HARDCORE YALL! they could give you a better, or ANY reason to actually carry through a perma-death other than restart. My only major major gripe of the game. As it is, Perma-death makes you play the game more "carefully" and less reckless which adds more fun to the game when you have to take every battle and move "seriously".

Jachaos

So, I guess since we are on to the Sacred Stones characters, all of the FE7 characters are now available. *grinds like a mad man*

Why does the Champions Pack say you get the three Champions of Yore maps in a single bundle for 4$ if I only see two of them available, one of which is free ?

Wilsongt

Why does the Champions Pack say you get the three Champions of Yore maps in a single bundle for 4$ if I only see two of them available, one of which is free ?

Champion of Yore 3 will be next week. So if you buy the pack, you save a dollar, since Yore 2/3 will be $2.50.

vall03

ok, I feel so fucking content and confident with my characters now. Chapter 14 had 32 enemies against my 13 units. In just 1 turn, I decimated that 32 to 7 units with barely a scratch on any of my units. sogood.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom