• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait... So there isn't an item that prevents arrows from doing massive damage to flying units in this game?

It's a skill that you get as a reward for clearing one of the later DLC stages.

How do DLC skills work? Do you get an item you can use to give a unit a skill or something? Can you do it more than once?

Comes as an item for the non class specific ones that'll teach you the skill. You can clear the DLC stages over and over for the item.

Also, my husbando joined the merry band of misfits so no more pairing up with Miriel.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I feel like LonQu constantly hits his criticals. He tears it up in my game.

Yea, he's just killing it. It's just a matter of getting him a few levels without dying. Got him teamed up with Sully and the two are ripping into my enemies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I didn't bother with Lon-Qu until I started grinding some of his hilarious support conversations. Which is odd, because I usually love Myrmidons. He didn't seem anything too special when I got him, compared to my other sword fighters. I yoink'ed that Killing Edge off of him and gave it to someone better equipped.

I'm up to Chapter 17 now, but I think I'll start working on some more Paralogues later. I still need to grind Cordelia and Sumia to get Galeforce before I work on those two Paralogues, however.

I never had that luck with Lon'qu, so I just stuck to other characters ;_;

I'll probably grind him up later though, as I've been doing with most all of the characters I ignored at first.

Busaiku

Ugh, I really regret not changing my Avatar's name.
I blame it on me playing Lunatic multiple times, resetting and, then just rushing through Hard initially.

zroid

Banned
I kept putting my paired up Miriel and Stahl on those relationship booster spaces and now they have an A-rank whereas no other dyad has anything above C. lol

Their support chats are pretty amazing though

Esura

Banned
I'm up to Chapter 17 now, but I think I'll start working on some more Paralogues later. I still need to grind Cordelia and Sumia to get Galeforce before I work on those two Paralogues, however.

So you have to get those skills before doing the paralogue?

chrono01

So you have to get those skills before doing the paralogue?

Yes. The Skill in your Fifth slot is passed immediately after completing the Paralogue [dedicated to that particular child]. If you have Galeforce then [in the Fifth slot], it will be passed on.

This game kills my life.

Time just flies by.

If I had one "complaint" is that I wish there were more non-story fights. I feel like during story missions I have to take my best out on the field. While the random battles I can just train dudes.

GeekyDad

Before getting the game, I hadn't even given the 3D any consideration, but I'm really enjoying it, especially the opening. My eyes still hurt, though. Not sure I'll be able to play the whole thing with it on.

chrono01

I didn't even know about that until I started using Pair Up to grind Supports. God it is so useful.

It is useful, but not when they're already at S Rank.

I always have my units paired up, and it's kind of a waste when I land on the tile and get a relationship boost instead of an item or XP/weapon increase. -_-

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ugh. Cannot wait for the massive xp/low level level enemy DLC.

Grinding the dark pegasi up to 15 after second sealing sucks.

What level should I be before tackling those DLC missions?

First one has enemies at 6-8/9, I believe.

2nd is 9-12.

Ketch

Downloading this from the eshop now. I didn't want to go digital but I had a gamestop giftcard from my birthday and they were all out so I got eshop points with it.

I picked up 3DS last night, and the next time I looked up, my battery light was blinking red.

Those thirty minutes sure flew by! *rimshot

lol.

Same thing happened to me and I was like "wtf is this blinking red light for? WAT DOES IT MEEEEAAAAN".

I literally had to look it up.

Felt so dumb.

Goes to show how much I play my 3ds.

FireVoa

This game is nothing short of the best Fire Emblem game in the franchise I dare say, it's way too much fun. But what's the best way to level up relationships for units like Lissa? Her child is the only future child I'm currently missing.

So what did yall do with your main character? Stick with tactic and grandmaster?

mine is speed/def, so I'm a bit flexible with what to reclass.... hmmmm... maybe wyren lord or assassin.

hmmmhmhmhmhmhmhmhm

This game is nothing short of the best Fire Emblem game in the franchise I dare say, it's way too much fun. But what's the best way to level up relationships for units like Lissa? Her child is the only future child I'm currently missing.

If she's still stuck with healing, having her heal someone is the best method she got. Making sure she's always next to the person helps too. Basically glue her next to her future husband.

Socreges

Banned
Got some questions. Wireless Options:

How do I gain Renown?
How does my Bonus Box get filled? Does Nintendo make content available over time? Right now I've only got Bonus Teams (Nergal and Eliwood) and nothing else. How were they unlocked and what are they even for?
What's the purpose of the Avatar Logbook? I've unlocked Pr. Marth and Gaunce as well. They have a Gold value next to their names. What's the deal?

Problem might be that I'm not at all familiar with StreetPass. Am I expected to have StreetPass on and go into public places with my 3DS on and a StreetPass team assembled? Do they then battle other StreetPass teams (encountered in public when near other 3DSs) in simulated matches? What does the winner come away with? Just Renown? Items in the Bonus Box?

(sorry for all the questions)

Doorman

I keep wavering back and forth on who I should pair with who. Every time I feel pulled in a certain direction I keep rethinking it and going somewhere else instead, usually as a debate between future child stats vs. sensible/amusing personality matches.

I know I'm still pretty early-game here, but it's pretty shocking to me how few guys can get up to marraige-level for Sumia outside of Chrom and the Avatar. She's growing pretty well in my game and I'd like to use her, but I don't have a match for her yet. :\

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I keep wavering back and forth on who I should pair with who. Every time I feel pulled in a certain direction I keep rethinking it and going somewhere else instead, usually as a debate between future child stats vs. sensible/amusing personality matches.

I know I'm still pretty early-game here, but it's pretty shocking to me how few guys can get up to marraige-level for Sumia outside of Chrom and the Avatar. She's growing pretty well in my game and I'd like to use her, but I don't have a match for her yet. :\

Sumai is one of the few oddball women, where you can marry out all her potential mates and be stuck with no one. Everyone else seems to have far more options (with the exception of the that can only marry MU).

NeonZ

How do DLC skills work? Do you get an item you can use to give a unit a skill or something? Can you do it more than once?

Yes, every time you finish those chapters you get a book that can be used to teach the skill to any character. And, yes, replaying the chapter gives more books. DLC classes work in the same way. Finish chapter, get book, use it on any appropriate unit to promote it straight to the special class.

Got some questions. Wireless Options:

How do I gain Renown?
How does my Bonus Box get filled? Does Nintendo make content available over time? Right now I've only got Bonus Teams (Nergal and Eliwood) and nothing else. How were they unlocked and what are they even for?
What's the purpose of the Avatar Logbook? I've unlocked Pr. Marth and Gaunce as well. They have a Gold value next to their names. What's the deal?

(sorry for all the questions)

From Serenes Forestl:
Complete a chapter: 10 points
Complete a skirmish: 10 points (doesn't matter how many enemy teams)
Defeat (or hire) a SpotPass or StreetPass Team: 50 points

For the Avatar Logbook, one of the features is that it lets you carry over your avatars from other files into new files providing you have enough gold to hire them. Not sure how that applies with relationships and stuff like that.

BearPawB

Banned
So...
I have been upgrading my characters at level 10,
and i realized i missed a guy after watching giant bombs quicklook.
I think i want to start all over....

FireVoa

If she's still stuck with healing, having her heal someone is the best method she got. Making sure she's always next to the person helps too. Basically glue her next to her future husband.

Her future husband is always potentially in the thick of things and without Reek boxes for easier experience all the enemies atm are well well above low leveling especially on hard. Can you max Seed of Trust her with her husband to S? Or does Seed of Trust only work once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom