• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was in response to

wtf Chrom just proposed to her after they were already married what's going on

Honestly, I think the auto-proposal might've been better placed right before the wedding cg, but oh well.

It's because Chapter 11 forces Chrom into a marriage. Olivia, for you, happened to have the highest support rating with him (which is only possible if he basically avoids all the other women until then).

If it makes you feel any better, Olivia gives the children the best stats for Chrom.

Oh, and yeah, that.

(which is only possible if he basically avoids all the other women until then).

Or they're married or dead.

Hugstable

Banned
Gods do I love this game!

After playing on Hard/Casual all the way up to Chapter 16, I feel that the game has both gotten easier and harder for me. I pass all the story missions no problem, but I lose like 5 troops during each battle. The only other Fire Emblem game I've played with FE7 back when it came out so I wanted to start on Casual to get a feel for the game mechanics again.

I just restarted on Hard/Classic and I'm already up to Chapter 5, but dayuum is this chapter hard on classic. It took me a bit to get used to Chapter 3 and 4, and I basically learned how to play defensively and when are opportune times to pair up. I must say I'm actually enjoying the game even more here than I did in Casual mode, even if I do sometimes get unlucky near the very end.

What are some good support relationships to go with to create great to god-like children? I was just winging it when I was playing on casual and have no clue how any of the children and skill/job inheritance works.

Roto13

Henry is quite an amazing character.

I used Tharja in my first playthrough but I'm totally going to use Henry in my second one.

I'm doing that a lot, actually. What's-his-name-on-the-horse instead of Sully. Lissa instead of Maribelle. Miriel instead of Ricken. Kellam instead of Anna. (I switched him to a thief so he could learn Move+1 to help him out as a general.)

I'm almost done with Chapter 6. I closed the lid and threw it in my pocket. But it wouldn't stop nagging at me why that one enemy unit got a player character style death. So I looked it up. Guess I need to start over.

GeekyDad

I'm almost done with Chapter 6. I closed the lid and threw it in my pocket. But it wouldn't stop nagging at me why that one enemy unit got a player character style death. So I looked it up. Guess I need to start over.

Ha, ha. Yeah, it happened to me with a character later on in the game. My mind was elsewhere during the chapter. I moved forward, though. Already enough mouths to feed.

Hugstable

Banned
My goodness, my Chapter 5 run is finally coming to an end on Hard/Classic and the RNG gods have finally smiled down upon me. Haven't lost a unit yet, got like +1 on all stats except Defense on like 5 units, and ended up somehow already getting an Aversa's Night Tome. HEELLLL YEEEA

scy

My goodness, my Chapter 5 run is finally coming to an end on Hard/Classic and the RNG gods have finally smiled down upon me. Haven't lost a unit yet, got like +1 on all stats except Defense on like 5 units, and ended up somehow already getting an Aversa's Night Tome. HEELLLL YEEEA

And then suddenly, 1% Crit, time to do it all again.

About to start a Hard mode file, at the Avatar creation screen.

Currently have asset for skill and flaw for luck, I think last time I chose asset for magic and flaw for luck.

Anyone have any good suggestions?

Soulhouf

It's because Chapter 11 forces Chrom into a marriage. Olivia, for you, happened to have the highest support rating with him (which is only possible if he basically avoids all the other women until then).

If it makes you feel any better, Olivia gives the children the best stats for Chrom.

In my case Chrom married Olivia as well but I didn't understand why...
She was terrible at the beginning but thanks to Chrom's great support she was able to awaken as an awesome Pegasus Knight and she is destroying the enemy right now.
The only thing is, I hate when she does critical attacks and god knows how often she does it. Is that supposed to be cute???

Lifetaker is really amazing, so I'd say that.

hmmm probably gonna pass lifetaker and galeforce to my morgan. Making her a super vampire ninja <3

Marrying a kid is good value, especially if you got galeforce on them.

I got galeforce on my cordelia who passed it onto severa and now onto morgan.

2 for 1 (grind).

never got the whole Olivia chrom love. Is it solely cuz of the super kid?

Seems strange to marry a random hooker dancer like in 2 weeks. Keep your soup out of my FE!

Sumia bakes pies and I like pies :)

never got the whole Olivia chrom love. Is it solely cuz of the super kid?

Seems strange to marry a random hooker dancer like in 2 weeks. Keep your soup out of my FE!

Sumia bakes pies and I like pies :)

The way I see it was more of a whirlwind romance (especially considering the fact that he gets married right after the chapter you get her in your party). And going back and looking through her supports, I quite enjoyed them between Chrom and Olivia.

Still need to decide what asset and flaw to have for my Avatar, looking at Serenesforest makes me think that HP or Luck might be more useful int he long run, but considering skill just for the extra chance of skills proccing... Decisions decisions...

wttf I just spent like half an hour grinding olivia to level 10, and she didn't get any social ranks from the people she danced with.

I know! That heart icon is a lie.

But like in real life, you really can't actually fall in love with a stripper.

The way I see it was more of a whirlwind romance (especially considering the fact that he gets married right after the chapter you get her in your party). And going back and looking through her supports, I quite enjoyed them between Chrom and Olivia.

Still need to decide what asset and flaw to have for my Avatar, looking at Serenesforest makes me think that HP or Luck might be more useful int he long run, but considering skill just for the extra chance of skills proccing... Decisions decisions...

MU is pretty damn rounded so it matters little. Heck my brother's guy is str/int yet he's been super successful as a magic using grandmaster on hard lol.

though, it might just be me, but I always found speed to be the most important stat in the series.

Hero

So I'm trying to get my female Morgan Galeforce, she was a Dark Mage and used a Master Seal to promote her, now I'm trying to use a Second Seal to switch her to Dark Flier but that isn't an option, only Pegasus Knight. Does she have to level as a Pegasus Knight or did I fuck up by promoting her first?

So I'm trying to get my female Morgan Galeforce, she was a Dark Mage and used a Master Seal to promote her, now I'm trying to use a Second Seal to switch her to Dark Flier but that isn't an option, only Pegasus Knight. Does she have to level as a Pegasus Knight or did I fuck up by promoting her first?

I think you have to max out her level and then you can promote her as you wish.

scy

You need to be a higher level (10) before you can Second Seal a Promoted class directly into another Promoted class.

get Sorcerer to lvl 10 then you can switch to any first or 2nd job class.

btw: where do those bonus stats on Manakete come from? I don't think its from a skill, is it from the dragon stone?

mercviper

I can only imagine what Lunatic+ is like -_-

I'm on chapter 3 now (unlocked convoy whoo!) and it's been like 40 resets per chapter to do it perfect lol. I keep getting too greedy and trying to level up people that aren't Frederick and it just turns out terribly for them. Like chapter 2 the boss just had too much presence and after my 5th try getting to the bridge I just said fuckit and let Frederick kill all the fodder & whittle down the boss until I could last hit him with Chrom.

Gaining
Kellem(?)
in Ch. 3 should be pretty good as he's got enough defense to tank more than 1 hit as well, just lacking in speed which is fixed by pairing with Chrom. I've only attempted twice now and one of the resets was forgetting about his speed deficit and swapping Chrom with Virion for +2 defense, and then eating 6 attacks in a row. ;_;

The other reset was attempting to level Sumia on a 3 HP knight and failing to realize she only did 1 damage, so she got 1 shot by the counter. ;_; The new strat is to level her on pinned archers so there's no retaliation. :x

So uh, I just discovered skills in this game at Chapter 13. I mean I knew they were there sort of, and that I was getting new ones every 5 levels (right?) but I never really bothered to check them out because I knew they were all equipped. I would see them activate but didn't really know what they were doing. But damn they sure do add another layer to character development, support choices, and combat. It's almost too much for my brain to deal with.

However, it is at least helping me figure out who to give attribute+ items too. I just gave Lon-Qua skill+2 item (he was already at 33) because he has the Lethality skill (trigger % = Skill/4). So now with 35 skill he one-shots an enemy on a little under 9% of his turns, in addition (?) to Crits he gets. It feels like he basically crits/one-shots every other turn at this point. Then my character has Ignis, which 25% of the time (equal to Skill) adds half of either Strength (currently 35) or Magic (19) to the other stat. So 25% of the time he gets +8 Strength or +17 magic, which triggers a one-shot kill every time. So maybe I should have given that skill+ to him...

Anyway, just realizing how big skills are, after just seeing them pop up without realizing what they were.

On my second playthrough (on Hard) I'll try to match up Support with skills to max out effects.

Why does Nowi suck so much?

Does she? I don't use her a ton, and she's only at level 9 or so but she's pretty beastly when I do use her. Maybe you forgot to sacrifice a lamb to the RNG gods?

pahamrick

So, I think I was having too much fun grinding out support conversations and now my avatar is way over-leveled compared to everyone else.

For an example as to how over-leveled, I basically used him to solo all the spotpass teams currently available. Unfortunately, Donnel and Miriel bit the big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom