• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Okay, so I snapped up Future Past 1 pretty much as soon as it arrived in the EU store this week, and I am having real trouble keeping Nah and Noire alive. I'm using my team of almost-maxed kids, and they're absolutely fine in terms of dealing with the enemies on the map but it's the reinforcements who keep popping up that I'm having trouble keeping track of before they get a long range attack on the future kids.

Does anyone have a list of which reinforcements spawn on which turn, from where, and when those sorcerers with Mire show up? Or just any tips in general? I've never lost Cynthia, and Kjelle was only lost on my first try when I didn't account for the spawning sages.

Have you trained Nah and Noire's parents? The kids' stats and skills are based on their parents (just like the side stories). Noire could probably do with Tomebreaker from Tharja, for instance.

Otherwise, I think the Mire Sorcerers spawn from the south-west and north-east stairs. I don't know if more spawn--I usually have the map beaten pretty quickly or have my standby characters sit on the stairs by that point.

Anteo

Final mission is killing me, so any advice? I'm not sure my team are high enough level.

Endgame right? . The first time I got to the Endgame I was kinda underleveled, so the enemies that started around my team ended up killing some of my units, If you are having problems, start by spliting your team in 3, send one team to the easy, one to the west and one to the south, take out the initial enemies (do it in 2 turns tops) and then rush with all your army to the Boss. When you get close enough (but still out of range) try to take the enemies there with you strongest unit, after clearing them out, send an all out attack on the boss

Enjolras

Neo Member
Have you trained Nah and Noire's parents? The kids' stats and skills are based on their parents (just like the side stories). Noire could probably do with Tomebreaker from Tharja, for instance.

Otherwise, I think the Mire Sorcerers spawn from the south-west and north-east stairs. I don't know if more spawn--I usually have the map beaten pretty quickly or have my standby characters sit on the stairs by that point.
Training the parents might be an idea - for some reason I thought the stats were going to be the same as when you obtained the kids. Does it work the same way with the inheriting of the skills?

My main problem is that my lockpick characters aren't at a high enough level for the map, and I decided to press on anyway. Might be an idea to sort that out as well while I'm training up the parents! Thanks. :)

I know my posts are getting a bit repetitive, but fuck the reinforcements in chapter 19. I'm used to them by now but 8 at a time and one of my units is bound to get killed. My own avatar in the first try, Cherche in my second. Bow knight hits with 31 atk at 46%, She had 30 hp :'(

GamerSoul

I officially hate this stupid
Walhart paralogue.

Damn I think I missed that paralogue. I need to check my map.

I know my posts are getting a bit repetitive, but fuck the reinforcements in chapter 19. I'm used to them by now but 8 at a time and one of my units is bound to get killed. My own avatar in the first try, Cherche in my second. Bow knight hits with 31 atk at 46%, She had 30 hp :'(

I don't remember what chapter that is but yea I had a few resets because of crap like you described. I decided to keep fliers paired up in back since their weakness was slowing me down. The one time I didn't I lost chetche.heh.

I don't remember what chapter that is but yea I had a few resets because of crap like you described. I decided to keep fliers paired up in back since their weakness was slowing me down. The one time I didn't I lost chetche.heh.

It's the one in the open field with all mounted units everywhere, and
Walhart
at the castle gate.

I just keep forgetting Cherche is weak to arrows and I don't even know why.

GamerSoul

It's the one in the open field with all mounted units everywhere, and
Walhart
at the castle gate.

I just keep forgetting Cherche is weak to arrows and I don't even know why.

Yep that's the stage I was thinking of. I lost cherche there once and I chose to reset. Then I lost her the next chapter. it was nt meant to be. Lol. Id try to pair her up this time so you wont have to worry about those pesky bow knights. Unless you have memorized the reinforcement locations

Does your avatar have rally sprectum? If yes, keeps everyone together and use it over and over.

Nah, he's only level 7 GM. That would have been a great idea though :p. I've been splitting my team in two, using the forts on the sides for improved survival, but sooner or later the enemy units all start going to one side rather than the other, leaving my units overpowered.

Something else though, what should I get Donnel to give to Kjelle? He has a bunch of useful skills, so I don't know what to give her. Underdog? Sol?

ffdgh

Hmm appitude would help her reach max stats fast or you could give her the counter skill from the warrior class(15)

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Just finished up chapter 23 losing Cordelia and Basilio in the process! I think thats the first time I got an lost someone in the same fight! Was a moderately difficult battle but not to bad in the end. So now the storys getting kinda funky an must be nearing its end. Most chapter based games I've played are in the 10~12 range so I wasn't expecting 20+! I'd dare say I'll beat the game today but since 3DS take 3+ hours to charge I wouldn't make that bet!

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
I wanted to get all of the kids, sans Sumia's, and it took me 3 retries to get Severa since she kept getting herself killed like an idiot. I was tempted to skip all of her dialog simply because she's so annoying. I detest the tsundere kind more than anything.

ffdgh

I wanted to get all of the kids, sans Sumia's, and it took me 3 retries to get Severa since she kept getting herself killed like an idiot. I was tempted to skip all of her dialog simply because she's so annoying. I detest the tsundere kind more than anything.

The easy way to play that map was to use a rescue staff on her over and over while you clear out the units.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Alright, so looks like I got all the kids. Now to pick a husbando. B-but god there are so many choices. I want the Spotpass guys, but Brady is calling to me. I may end up S ranking all of them on different save files and just continuing on with who I like most.

oadrake

Neo Member
If you were to strike twice, Astra is rolled for each strike independently. Each of the five Astra strikes roll for hit and crits independently as well. However, if an enemy procs Astra against you, a supporting unit will make one roll for Dual Guard against ALL Astra attacks, success means all Astra attacks are nullified.
Don't forget that crits are calculated independently each strike as well.

Branduil

Why would you do that?

Man, I used to be a Hero Inigo man, but I'm in love with Swordmaster Inigo now. Astra with Sol Katti (87% crit chance with each strike) + Swordfaire + Galeforce + Armsthrift is just too good~

Draxal

Man, I used to be a Hero Inigo man, but I'm in love with Swordmaster Inigo now. Astra with Sol Katti (87% crit chance with each strike) + Swordfaire + Galeforce + Armsthrift is just too good~

Hero is just a much better class as is Berserker and Assassin. Brave Swords/Axe >>>> Sol Kati.

Markun

*sees the S rank conversation between Laurent and Noire*

Oh what the hell, Laurent. If I knew he was into that, I would've made Frederick his father and turned him into a tank.

Draxal

I dunno man; 10 hits at 1.5 damage each is pretty good.

Or you can have four hits hitting for 40-60 at a time; which is the reason Astra kinda sucks. Luna just destroys it.

Swordmaster just suffers from really weak stat caps, and it's not worth using unless the special swords are worth it (they're not); so Assassin's the better class as it has much better caps. Hero/Berserker just offers access to the much superior axe weaponry than sword weaponry.

McNum

Playing and loving the game.

Can I still play these paralogues and stuff after I finish the main quest?
Yes. There is no point of no return. From the very last time you can save in the main story, you can still back out to the world map where all the "post game" stuff will be.

Himself

Yup so take your time.

Sweet and thanks for the quick response. I'm glad there will be plenty more to do after completing the main quest.

I'm on Chapter 8 and I've been doing most of the battles with the monsters that pop up on the map. I've lost about 2 or 3 squad mates, nothing too tough yet. But just glancing through this thread it looks like the shit's gonna hit the fan difficulty-wise eventually.

luokyl

So having stopped my lunatic (2nd) playthrough at chapter 7 and finding that playing spotpass character maps isn't quite worth it (especially now that the FE4 characters are out), I want to play on hard again... but hard is too easy.

This annoys me.

Sweet and thanks for the quick response. I'm glad there will be plenty more to do after completing the main quest.

I'm on Chapter 8 and I've been doing most of the battles with the monsters that pop up on the map. I've lost about 2 or 3 squad mates, nothing too tough yet. But just glancing through this thread it looks like the shit's gonna hit the fan difficulty-wise eventually.

Depends on the difficulty level you're playing on of course, and how tolerant you are of your units dying. I(and most others) can't stand it and immediately restart if it happens, so chapters naturally get harder if you don't want any units dying.

Himself

Depends on the difficulty level you're playing on of course, and how tolerant you are of your units dying. I(and most others) can't stand it and immediately restart if it happens, so chapters naturally get harder if you don't want any units dying.

Playing on normal with permadeath on. I'm always tempted to restart and do it "right" if I lose someone, but living with the consequences of mistakes (and sometimes randomness) is a bit more engaging for me.

Top Bottom