• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nothing to diss there. Well, other than her disguise pre-reveal looking really dorky.

She wears pants.
Her disguise as Marth obviously fails.

Hey, her overall getup is the best in the entire army, period. They really reflect her strong, yet feminine traits at the same time. Well, in my opinion anyways <3

Lacking lady

:D

I consider myself a rather proficient user of the English language but I have NO idea what you mean by this, hahaha.

She's one fiiiiiine lady though.

What is this i dont even..my Morgan was nothing short of a demi god as a Paladin for me. I guess youre talking from a skill standpoint.

Now why would you do that to a girl as cute as Morgan? :(

Markun

I accidentally killed Gaius.

What a sour note for Gaius.

I still have no idea who I should hitch bestest son and bestest daughter to. Maybe if I actually finish the final four children's paralogues I need to complete, I'll find someone perfect for them.

Branduil

I marry arbitrarily based on how I'm feeling at the time. My son Laurent turned out to be a boring twit so I forced him to marry Nah; at least now people will think of him as a quirky creep instead of just a drab loser.

Top 10 Waifus

1. Lucina
2. Lucina
3. Lucina
4. Lucina
5. Lucina
6. Lucina
7. Lucina
8. Lucina
9. Lucina
10. Lucina

11. Olivia
12. Tharja
13. Cordelia
14. Anna
15. Cynthia
16. Cherche
17. Noire
18. Severa
19. Say'ri
20. Lissa

The rest are all meh.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
The true list:

Cordelia > Lucina > Severa > Say'ri > Tiki > Maribelle > Anna > Olivia > Cherche > Lissa > Sumia > Tharja > Aversa > Noire > Nah > Cynthia > Miriel > Kjelle > Emmeryn > Nowi > Flavia > Sully > Panne

Also, Male Morgan sucks. I want to disown him.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Top 10 Waifus

1. Lucina
2. Lucina
3. Lucina
4. Lucina
5. Lucina
6. Lucina
7. Lucina
8. Lucina
9. Lucina
10. Lucina

11. Olivia
12. Tharja
13. Cordelia
14. Anna
15. Cynthia
16. Cherche
17. Noire
18. Severa
19. Say'ri
20. Lissa

The rest are all meh.

I like you.

I like you a lot.

Although I will put Lissa at 11. That girl is so lovely.

Its a nickname Noel has in BlazBlue.

Never played the series before, hmmmm.

What a sour note for Gaius.

I still have no idea who I should hitch bestest son and bestest daughter to. Maybe if I actually finish the final four children's paralogues I need to complete, I'll find someone perfect for them.

Hitch bestest daughter to Yarne because she has an adorable nickname for him.

Hitch bestest son to Cynthia so they can be hero buddies and make catchphrases together.

Then hitch Brady to everyone because he deserves it.

Kincaido

Male Morgan also looks like he was dropped on the head as a baby. I want to punch him in the face.

WHY WOULD YOU GIVE MORGAN TO YARNE?!?!?! WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nah, MM destroys FM. FM wrecks stuff but MM annihilates shit.

It doesn't even matter when FM's adorableness >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything positive MM has to offer <3

Also, it warms my heart to see so many people here acknowledges the superiority of the best girl in this game.

Branduil

I don't understand why
Yen'fay
is a bonus character but then he doesn't even have any supports with
Say'ri
. I though that was going to be the whole reason he was even in the game.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't understand why
Yen'fay
Say'ri

It's because
he is not the same person.

Although you can't say that about
Emmeryn
, so the more probable case is just they're being lazy.

Moonlight

Banned
FeMorgan is the only way to go. I look at MaleMorgan every time I boot up my FeMU game and am filled with disappointment with him. He's the worst.

Anna and Lucina are the best characters with the best supports (although in Anna's case, it's apparently quality over quantity).

EDIT:

Whatever you do, do not give Morgan to Yarne. Scrafty is a fool who knows not what he says. Try her support with Inigo.

ohlawd

It doesn't even matter when FM's adorableness >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything positive MM has to offer <3

Also, it warms my heart to see so many people here acknowledges the superiority of the best girl in this game.

This is all combat prowess shit.

FM just pales in comparison to MM; you can't spin this shit.

FeMU passes down Galeforce (cuz what else are you gonna pass down aside from Dual Support+ and there's no sane person out there who would want Morgan to be relegated as a backup unit), who gives a crap about the dad, boom headshot Male Morgan is a deadly motherfucker, wrecking all kinds of shit.

MaMU passes down... oh fuck we got like 5 different skills that we can pass down, oh shit. Wait what, if I decide on one, how about the others? No Wrath if I pick another? No Axefaire? No *insert male exclusive skill here* if I pass another. Now male exclusive skills suck but still, I gotta say this shit since at least with the FeMU, there's that one definitive skill we can pass down.

MM can run more sets than FM.

AGGRESSOR. Shit, this is just MM teabagging FM at this point. FUCK.

There is no point in time where MM beats out FM in adorableness factor so we can agree to this. Actually, this is like some 2+2=4 shit in here. Shit is not up for debate. That's some X-Factor shit.

I don't understand why
Yen'fay
Say'ri

Play Hotsprings Scramble. That entire map was basically the developers going "Oh crap, we rushed the SpotPass characters and didn't give them enough Supports" and then giving each of them 3 spiritual ones with the other SpotPass characters. Be sure to have
Gangrel
talk to
Em
for some awesome character development.

Kincaido

FeMorgan is the only way to go. I look at MaleMorgan every time I boot up my FeMU game and am filled with disappointment with him. He's the worst.

Anna and Lucina are the best characters with the best supports (although in Anna's case, it's apparently quality over quantity).

EDIT:

Whatever you do, do not give Morgan to Yarne. Scrafty is a fool who knows not what he says. Try her support with Inigo.

I also feel nothing but disappointment whenever I look at Male Morgan. How does someone with Chrom as his dad become such a creepy little shit?! He is NOT cute and the way he looks just pisses me off. Not even a mother could love that face. He deserves to be beat mercilessly.

Yes, no one should give the adorable little girl to that coward with no redeeming qualities at all.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

FeMU passes down Galeforce (cuz what else are you gonna pass down aside from Dual Support+ and there's no sane person out there who would want Morgan to be relegated as a backup unit), who gives a crap about the dad, boom headshot Male Morgan is a deadly motherfucker, wrecking all kinds of shit.

MaMU passes down... oh fuck we got like 5 different skills that we can pass down, oh shit. Wait what, if I decide on one, how about the others? No Wrath if I pick another? No Axefaire? No *insert male exclusive skill here* if I pass another. Now male exclusive skills suck but still, I gotta say this shit since at least with the FeMU, there's that one definitive skill we can pass down.

There is no point in time where MM beats out FM in adorableness factor so we can agree to this. Actually, this is like some 2+2=4 shit in here. Shit is not up for debate. That's some X-Factor shit.

I pictured your avatar saying this, making the whole thing much more awesome to read, hahaha.

Well, true, in terms of skills MM can do more, but then again it's not like FM cannot run circles on enemies too. Pound per pound, FM's personality elevates her to a place MM just cannot reach <3

I also feel nothing but disappointment whenever I look at Male Morgan. How does someone with Chrom as his dad become such a creepy little shit?! He is NOT cute and the way he looks just pisses me off. Not even a mother could love that face. He deserves to be beat mercilessly.

Yes, no one should give the adorable little girl to that coward with no redeeming qualities at all.

Trying to decide who is the lucky bastard getting Female Morgan was one of the hardest decision ever.

I settled for Brady most of the times but damn, that shit's difficult to do son!

I take exception to that >:/

Y'all just can't handle Yarne's suaveness:

tumblr_mmm19e6b6e1sp5j14o1_500.jpg

He's got sharp, pointy teeth, ya know.

New 3DS owner here. Tried the demo, was really impressed actually, but I couldn't really get a feel for the game. I'm not a strategy RPG veteran by any means. Is it fairly easy to get into this game? And can you play it in short bursts?

Branduil

EDIT:

Cynthia+Yarne is guaranteed humor whenever they're teamed up. Their one-liners are so ridiculous.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I see a pattern of Lucina at the top or near the top of the list.

And I think...

"FE:A GAF folks are alright, alright indeed."

New 3DS owner here. Tried the demo, was really impressed actually, but I couldn't really get a feel for the game. I'm not a strategy RPG veteran by any means. Is it fairly easy to get into this game? And can you play it in short bursts?

Yes, it's very easy :)

And yes, you can save even in the middle of battles, so it's great for short bursts too.

Although expect that short bursts to immediately become solar-bursts in no time at all, hahaha.

ohlawd

yeh if FM is like a 10/10 in combat ability, MM is like a 11/10 then.

His face just pisses me off. Look at this dumb kid.

Easy as hell to get into and understand imo but the thread's here to help out.

Kincaido

^^^akjshiladhkjflajks

Fuck I wanna punch him in the face.

Trying to decide who is the lucky bastard getting Female Morgan was one of the hardest decision ever.

I settled for Brady most of the times but damn, that shit's difficult to do son!

It really was. That darn little girl really brings out your fatherly instincts. Never happened to me in a game before. I usually have her settle with Brady or Owain. I know that they'll treat my little girl right ;_;7

Draxal

Aggressor's really good but it's a better support skill, it doesn't fit in the main role slot.

I gave my Morgan to Gerome, he's the beastiest of the eat support characters.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah I don't really dig Aggressor... since like, 80% of the time spent in battles are spent with enemies attacking your units, not the other way around.

Well... it's great to have nonetheless I guess.

Moonlight

Banned
I was this close to pulling the trigger on Morgan and Brady after their A Rank (seriously, it was hilarious), but I started and finished off her support with Inigo immediately afterwards and couldn't resist. Like, they actually go out on a date. How could I not?

Turned out to be the right decision, too. Because I think Brady and Cynthia's support developed more naturally as well.

It sucks, because he's such a hard unit to ignore, too. :(

I take exception to that >:/

Y'all just can't handle Yarne's suaveness:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/9b8d60376f23b772dadfcfe4b29fb764/tumblr_mmm19e6b6e1sp5j14o1_500.jpg[IMG]

He's got sharp, pointy teeth, ya know.[/QUOTE]
You keep telling yourself that.

[quote="Branduil, post: 62299603"]Cynthia+Yarne is guaranteed humor whenever they're teamed up. Their one-liners are so ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
TOO SLOW BRO

I just got this game (and 3DS), so should I play on Hard and Classic mode?

I am new to the series but not to the genre. I start on normal and it just seem way easy.

Draxal

Yeah I don't really dig Aggressor... since like, 80% of the time spent in battles are spent with enemies attacking your units, not the other way around.

Well... it's great to have nonetheless I guess.

Ayup, it's more mean for a support char; as it doesn't need to be triggered in a dual attack.

Draxal

I am new to the series but not to the genre. I start on normal and it just seem way easy.

Hard/Classic or Hard/Casual. If you get around too chapter 5 without frustrating yourself too much on Hard/Classic it's fine, otherwise you could drop down to casual.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Even Hard + Classic can be real easy once the monsters... cute, adorable monsters... start joining your team.

Try Lunatic instead >:)

Ayup, it's more mean for a support char; as it doesn't need to be triggered in a dual attack.

Hmm, it works on Dual Attacks?

Kincaido

He would be better if Panne was a better mother and gave him galeforce.

I still wouldn't use him.

Draxal

Even Hard + Classic can be real easy once the monsters... cute, adorable monsters... start joining your team.

Try Lunatic instead >:)

Hmm, it works on Dual Attacks?

Don't think lunatic's worth it for a first playthrough unless you're a series vet, it's an exercise in frustration otherwise.

All stat boosts works on dual attacks (Faires/dual support+/all stats +2/aggressor)

A perfect Support Chrom is him with (Dual Guard+/Dual Strike+/Limitbreaker/Aggressor/All Stats +2).

Top Bottom