• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

I think he's just referring to the general tactic of not always going headfirst into the enemies all the time, and it's true!

^This pretty much. If you send 1 unit against 3 units then they will kill you.

If they do 8-10 damage per hit and you kill only 1. The other 2 will kill you on their turn if you kill 1.

You need like crazy HP, defense or just plain luck to survive.

Jawmuncher

Finally beat the game.
That last mission and the music was just SO good. Gotta say its one of my favorites this year.

Also what was it talking about avatars for after I beat the game?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
After 14 chapters~

Stahl, Donnel, Ricken, Vaike, Henry (dead)
Sumia, Miriel, Nowi, Olivia, Maribelle (retired)
Tharja (killed by me not knowing how recruiting works lol)
Kjelle (killed by baddies before she could join)

This begs the question: do any female characters (that are party of your party) die? Curious that my dead are all boys and my retired all girls...

You could have used a rescue staff to save Kjelle. That what I do since sage Lissa usually has more than enough magic to rescue her at the start of the map.
Ohh thats what those things do. I'll have Lissa hold one from now on!

SpotPass only takes one connection to the internet to get the weekly updates and nothing more.
I only started the game thursday an'll prolly be done within the next few days but I'ma turn that on while the 3DS undergoes its unbareably long charge time an see it nets me anything!

Lindsay makes me think they're speaking in Osakan dialect or something
Its the Hyper dialect cause I'm hyper!!

I think he's just referring to the general tactic of not always going headfirst into the enemies all the time, and it's true!
No way I so don't rush! If there was rewards for beating battles under a certain number of turns I'd get the booby prize especially lately as I let the baddies come to me more then I go to them!

Killed off Maribelle?! Literally killed off one of the best, Lindsay ;_;
The game prefers the term Retired for her not Killed >.>

At chapter 18 now, and at this point in the game it's pretty easy to distinguish the useful characters from the dead weight. Lon'qu, Stahl and MU aren't all that useful anymore, and Sully is getting there.

Also good god is Lucina fucking amazing. She's Chrom, but better at every stat by about 5 points. Also, Cherche with Deliverer is just unfair, flying from one end of the map to the other one-shotting everything while taking a large amount of
non-magic
attacks like a champ, love her.

Jintor

This begs the question: do any female characters (that are party of your party) die? Curious that my dead are all boys and my retired all girls...

1975625-coolest_pointless_moments_photo_u19.jpg

ffdgh

At chapter 18 now, and at this point in the game it's pretty easy to distinguish the useful characters from the dead weight. Lon'qu, Stahl and MU aren't all that useful anymore, and Sully is getting there.

Also good god is Lucina fucking amazing. She's Chrom, but better at every stat by about 5 points. Also, Cherche with Deliverer is just unfair, flying from one end of the map to the other one-shotting everything while taking a large amount of
non-magic

Mu being useless is impossible...

The only ones that retire are the plot relevant ones or the females that can potentially have their own kid.

If you don't fit either of the criteria, you die when you die.

Jawmuncher

non-magic

I love how people's games go differently character wise. Lon Qu in my game especially with S rank Tharja was unstoppable at every level. Hell even alone he was a force to be reckoned with.

After 14 chapters~

So Kellam and Gaius are alive?

Because if you managed to recruit them (especially if you got Gaius), it should have been somewhat obvious that you need Chrom to recruit a unit.

Some of the girls just get more special treatment then the boys do.

Would get rather complicated later.

Mu being useless is impossible...

Well I didn't say useless, I said "not that useful". He's just a jack of all trades right now, decent at offense, mediocre on defense, but good at neither. Just meh all over right now. Maybe that will change in time(levels) though.

I love how people's games go differently character wise. Lon Qu in my game especially with S rank Tharja was unstoppable at every level. Hell even alone he was a force to be reckoned with.

I actually compared his stats with an enemy Swordmaster at a comparable level, and he was worse at almost everything. RNG-screwed is my only explanation, even though that doesn't happen often with the high growths this game provides.

Solune

After 14 chapters~

Lindsay's playthrough is now both painful and extremely hilarious.

ffdgh

Well I didn't say useless, I said "not that useful". He's just a jack of all trades right now, decent at offense, mediocre on defense, but good at neither. Just meh all over right now. Maybe that will change in time(levels) though.

Oops sorry. If you're having issues with him, turn him into a hero.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
The only ones that retire are the plot relevant ones or the females that can potentially have their own kid.

If you don't fit either of the criteria, you die when you die.
Okies that clears that up!

So Kellam and Gaius are alive?

Because if you managed to recruit them (especially if you got Gaius), it should have been somewhat obvious that you need Chrom to recruit a unit.
Ya I got both of 'em an they're doing pretty well for themselves! Kellam was a recruit? I musta forgot all about that. Was pretty sure Gaius was the first in-battle recruit I encountered. Didn't know at the time only Chrom could "talk" an forgot/wasn't paying attention when getting Gaius, an totally forgot about Tharja's wishywashy mumbling at the very beginning of a battle by the time I got to her right at the very end of the battle! Even so I make no excuses for my obliviousness! Its just how I am!

Espada

Lindsay's playthrough is now both painful and extremely hilarious.

It can be summarized in one phrase: Blood and Thunder

Reading Lindsay's accounts have me coming back to this thread over and over.

I nearly screwed up that Warrior's Tomb mission. At first I tried talking to him with Chrom, and that didn't work. I finished the mission and got some ho-hum cutscene and no recruitment. Thankfully I had a save before the mission and brought Say'ri along. Is it worth using these endgame characters? They have only one support and the class options are just... okay. Are Priam, Walhart, and Aversa worth using?

GSR

Is there any particular reward/special dialogue for
saving all the children
in The Future Past maps? Those reinforcements out of nowhere are killer.

It can be summarized in one phrase: Blood and Thunder

Reading Lindsay's accounts have me coming back to this thread over and over.

I nearly screwed up that Warrior's Tomb mission. At first I tried talking to him with Chrom, and that didn't work. I finished the mission and got some ho-hum cutscene and no recruitment. Thankfully I had a save before the mission and brought Say'ri along. Is it worth using these endgame characters? They have only one support and the class options are just... okay. Are Priam, Walhart, and Aversa worth using?

Walhart does have the Conquest skill that could be useful.

Marrying Aversa means your Morgan could have Shadowgift allowing them to use dark magic and not be half naked all the time.

Priam shows all the hard work you did to get there. lol Well he does have three breakers which isn't bad as well as Sol and Luna. Too bad he can't learn Tomebreaker...

ffdgh

Is there any particular reward/special dialogue for
saving all the children
in The Future Past maps? Those reinforcements out of nowhere are killer.

Gratification that they don't meet a terrible fate and an extended ending. Put the parents and kids beside their alternate kids and selves for conversations.

This also applies to the bosses for the first 2 maps if you wait beside them with the avatar.

Espada

Walhart does have the Conquest skill that could be useful.

Marrying Aversa means your Morgan could have Shadowgift allowing them to use dark magic and not be half naked all the time.

Priam shows all the hard work you did to get there. lol Well he does have three breakers which isn't bad as well as Sol and Luna. Too bad he can't learn Tomebreaker...

Hmm, thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll use them after all. Man, I really wish there was a non-mounted polearm class.

Kjelle is one of my key units. She's definitely a keeper.

And Flavia isn't too bad a unit. I think i found my waifu for my next playthrough :3

Flavia's so cool. I like her artwork and personality. Same with Basilio, I love those two characters.

Draxal

Hmm, thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll use them after all. Man, I really wish there was a non-mounted polearm class.

Flavia's so cool. I like her artwork and personality. Same with Basilio, I love those two characters.

Armor Knights/Generals + Great Lords.

I consider Galeforce a must for one member of the pairing in a couple; so it's usually Maribelle/Sumia/Lissa/Cordelia/Say'ri/Emmeryn/Aversa that are a viable partners for a male MU (First gen of course); for me.

Markun

It's still such a darn shame those two can't get an S rank with each other. I really don't need them to have a kid and screw politics, I want them to get hitched, durn it.

Foofaraw

I managed to get a launch copy, but I am bad at playing games. Finally made some time for this and I am stuck on the 2nd Paralogue. Stuck is an odd choice here, as I am on classic mode and the last boss keeps one hitting one of my soldiers. Just need some patience to do it again, but I've "lost" 5 times now. Soon. Very soon. Sully for MC waifu.

CorvoSol

It's still such a darn shame those two can't get an S rank with each other. I really don't need them to have a kid and screw politics, I want them to get hitched, durn it.

I was likewise disappointed that Basilio and especially Flavia couldn't S rank anyone other than MU. Flavia and Say'ri are such important characters in the game, and yet they can't interact with anyone other than the Avatar.
I was disappointed in this for Anna and Tiki, but at least they weren't major recurring characters like Flavia and Say'ri (in the sense that they were not part of the ongoing plot.)

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Chapters 15-17 was some pretty smooth sailing. 15 itself was laughably easy, I saved Say'ri and talked at all the peeps in homes! Say'ri seems real good, shame about her bro. That tree battle place was super nice looking!! Makes me wonder why so many other battles are kinda lackluster in appearance. Chapter 18 was where I'm noticing baddies getting more powerful offensively. Even Frederick and Kellam are taking some lumps! Couple of close calls all around in that battle an there woulda been even more had I not seen right away what I'd need to do! Pair up & get the heck away from fire asap! My Chrom/Sully pairing is pretty much OP! Put 'em out in front and they'll take little to no damage & usually counterkill anything that approaches o.o

Oxx

I've been trying to build-up a second-class of characters to try and ge through Rogues and Redeemers without using my elite units.

Good to see some fresh-faces in the army.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Tax on DLC, DLC usually priced $1-$3, can only buy $10+ cards.

Ugh... I want to get the EXP pack, but I'm not paying $10 just to get 1 thing. I swear if Thearythm didn't duck the life out of my funds with tax, I'd have at least $7 available.

GamerSoul

Chapters 15-17 was some pretty smooth sailing. 15 itself was laughably easy, I saved Say'ri and talked at all the peeps in homes! Say'ri seems real good, shame about her bro. That tree battle place was super nice looking!! Makes me wonder why so many other battles are kinda lackluster in appearance. Chapter 18 was where I'm noticing baddies getting more powerful offensively. Even Frederick and Kellam are taking some lumps! Couple of close calls all around in that battle an there woulda been even more had I not seen right away what I'd need to do! Pair up & get the heck away from fire asap! My Chrom/Sully pairing is pretty much OP! Put 'em out in front and they'll take little to no damage & usually counterkill anything that approaches o.o

Glad to see you're getting the hang of it. Yea I loved that tree stage. And yea Sully has been a great unit for me through and through. She dodges almost everything and the rng gods gave her great stats all around.

I managed to get a launch copy, but I am bad at playing games. Finally made some time for this and I am stuck on the 2nd Paralogue. Stuck is an odd choice here, as I am on classic mode and the last boss keeps one hitting one of my soldiers. Just need some patience to do it again, but I've "lost" 5 times now. Soon. Very soon. Sully for MC waifu.

Try to keep your weaker units out of the boss's range. If he is a type of boss that moves lure him in with one of your stronger units. It s also a good idea to always make sure an enemy won't kill you like that.

Sully is a great unit. I told y'all. Lol jk

Sotha Sil

Good god some S-level support conversations are brutal. "Yeah, I like you I guess, let's do it. You'll always be my second choice, tho." To hell with strategic pairings, I can't bring myself to create loveless marriages. Or marry Nowi to anyone apart from Donnel or Ricken. Ancient dragon or not, it's still creepy, people. Fire Emblem, serious business.

Top Bottom