• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Henry is the best.

I don't really like him. His jokes and his whole persona seem... forced, for a lack of better word.

Although I heard it's more of a translation issue, since the translation decided to pull off his punny personality full force, unlike the Japanese version.

Also, speaking of a translation issue, what the hell is going on with Inigo's quip during one of the challenge map where the team must pursue those big Risen?

Don't think lunatic's worth it for a first playthrough unless you're a series vet, it's an exercise in frustration otherwise.

All stat boosts works on dual attacks (Faires/dual support+/all stats +2/aggressor)

A perfect Support Chrom is him with (Dual Guard+/Dual Strike+/Limitbreaker/Aggressor/All Stats +2).

Even dual attacks initiated when retaliating after attack?

Hmmmm.

Also, I once said Katarina's Bolt >>> Celica's Gale. How wrong I was, if only for the possibility of 4 consecutive dual attack strikes from the paired partner.

Markun

Wow, it's really interesting to see how everyone paired their Morgans off. The guys will have to go through me and big brother Owain before they even think of marrying my daughter though.

I may as well try and do a Top 10 waifu list before I buckle down and tackle the paralogues I have left because it sounds like fun.

1. Lissa (Creates my one true family so she'll always be on top.)
2. Cherche
3. Cordelia
4. Lucina
5. Anna
6. Tiki
7. Maribelle
8. Tharja
9. Olivia
10. Say'ri

Wow, it's really interesting to see how everyone paired their Morgans off. The guys will have to go through me and big brother Owain before they even think of marrying my daughter though.

I may as well try and do a Top 10 waifu list before I buckle down and tackle the paralogues I have left because it sounds like fun.

I paired off my FeMorgan with Brady because he is friggin' amazing, even though he's a Sage and she's a General so neither one benefits from the pair-up.

I paired off my Male Morgan to Lucina because it was the first link I initiated with him and I had not yet realized that he's basically a cartoon version of Denny from The Room.

Although I heard it's more of a translation issue, since the translation decided to pull off his punny personality full force, unlike the Japanese version.

He's not really that punny besides his self-recruitment speech.

He does have quite some depth that I am looking forward to discovering through his supports.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
He's not really that punny besides his self-recruitment speech.

He does have quite some depth that I am looking forward to discovering through his supports.

That's just it though. Folks at SereneForest said that it seems that displays of his personality depth that appeared in the Japanese version were scrapped in favor for a full crazy-punny personality in the translation.

Now, I don't know whether it's true or not, but judging from all the supports of him that I already collected, I tend to trust it though.

Draxal

I don't really like him. His jokes and his whole persona seem... forced, for a lack of better word.

Also, speaking of a translation issue, what the hell is going on with Inigo's quip during one of the challenge map where the team must pursue those big Risen?

Even dual attacks initiated when retaliating after attack?

Hmmmm.

Also, I once said Katarina's Bolt >>> Celica's Gale. How wrong I was, if only for the possibility of 4 consecutive dual attack strikes from the paired partner.

Aggressor won't work in a dual attack when the other team is attacking but every other stat buff will work.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Press L during that DLC to read what Inigo says. I remember complaining about that too when I got it lol.

Maribelle>Lissa

I have to agree with this. Always loved Maribelle, even before I got the game. She was up there for waifus when I first saw the game announced.

Branduil

The thing about Maribelle is that she doesn't have any bad support conversations, at least that I've seen so far. Her personality results in some kind of humorous conflict with every character, but she's not so proper that she doesn't have a sense of humor.

That's just it though. Folks at SereneForest said that it seems that displays of his personality depth that appeared in the Japanese version were scrapped in favor for a full crazy-punny personality in the translation.

Now, I don't know whether it's true or not, but judging from all the supports of him that I already collected, I tend to trust it though.

I really haven't encountered that yet though. Sure a pun maybe here and there, but unless they are saying his carefree-ness is something the localization added in which wouldn't make sense anyway.

FeMorgan x Owain
These two are soulmates. Would be a shame not to pair them up.

Lucy x Nightwing
Because the mask connection is cool and the respect they have towards one another.

Noire x Prince Inigo
Daddy's first little girl keeps him in line and it completes the royal family.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I really haven't encountered that yet though. Sure a pun maybe here and there, but unless they are saying his carefree-ness is something the localization added in which wouldn't make sense anyway.

Well, alright not really punny, but his zany, weird-joking personality.

The bolded above is exactly what happened, if folks at SereneForest is to be believed.

Anyways, not a big deal really, since I don't even like the guy.

Well... "don't even like" may be too strong... more like indifferent.

Well, alright not really punny, but his zany, weird-joking personality.

The bolded above is exactly what happened, if folks at SereneForest is to be believed.

Anyways, not a big deal really, since I don't even like the guy.

Well... "don't even like" may be too strong... more like indifferent.

Well when you considered his victory pose is literally him just laughing, it doesn't seem that off.

And I really haven't encountered one of his supports where he should be serious and instead is silly.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The thing about Maribelle is that she doesn't have any bad support conversations, at least that I've seen so far. Her personality results in some kind of humorous conflict with every character, but she's not so proper that she doesn't have a sense of humor.
Maribelle's dialogue feels the same with every other character she interacts with, and the noblesse oblige stuff never really goes very far.

Back in April I took my 3DS with me to a convention (gold mines for StreetPasses) and ranked up 60 or so StreetPass teams. From the people I passed by, Lissa seemed to be the most popular wife, which made me smile. :]

Lucina > Her > Cordelia > Cherche > Everyone else.

Succubi Pie

Neo Member

Japanese sure love their puns. Though I rather do like it when he just yells "Yeah blood!" It takes someone pretty good to pull off localizations and keep them funny or good. See The World Ends With You and Resonance of Fate.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
It's even better when she says it and activates Aether when she is close to death. So good <3

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Game Over!

Not the bad kind (not that I didn't have more then a few of those along the way)! btw the last 2 chapters were complete bloodbaths!

25: Kellam, Libra, Lissa, Frederick, Sully, Virion, Tiki
26: Lucina, Flavia, Gregor, Panne

Play Time: 16:57:04

Only abit shorter then PKMN Conquest took me. Maybe if I had started skipping animations earlier it woulda cut down on time? 25 was super rough an filled with numerous gameovers. Not a friendly place ta those weak to magic! Even though I lost a ton of good peeps I marched on to the final battle without saving! Figured I'd go for broke an do what you all claimed I was doing all along and just straightforward rush the boss! And it worked! I mean... I almost freaked out when the boss healed 30 hp... in the end however it worked out!

Since I didn't save between battles loading up my file just brings me to chapter 25. Blargh! An nothing new popped up on the world map neither. Which means... there is no post-game for me! Come to think of it no one but Chrom/Sully got married! What a ripoff. Anyways in a couple years when I replay this I'll do it on Casual mode so that maybe there will be a post-game!

Surviving Crew: Chrom, Say'ri, Gaius, Cherche, Anna, ...and the MC!

R.I.P.
Stahl, Donnel, Ricken, Vaike, Henry, Kellam, Gregor (dead)
Sumia, Miriel, Nowi, Olivia, Maribelle, Lon'qu, Coredliea, Basilio, Libra, Lissa, Frederick, Virion, Sully, Tiki, Panne, Flavia, Lucina (retired)
Tharja (killed by me not knowing how recruiting works lol)
Kjelle (killed by baddies before she could join)

Dresden

YbrjV1ll.jpg

Jintor

Game Over!

R.I.P.
Sumia, Miriel, Nowi, Olivia, Maribelle, Lon'qu, Coredliea, Basilio, Libra, Lissa, Frederick, Virion, Sully, Tiki, Panne, Flavia, Lucina (retired)

I can't say you played it wrong but I can say you played it different

mace999

Neo Member
I'm currently playing on normal/classic mode and am up to Chapter 9, but everytime I go into a fight it will give me the estimate of what our HP will be after each fight .....
But my wife has finished the game on the same normal/classic settings and can't remember ever seeing this, I just checked her save game before the final fight and there were no estimates .......

Now do these estimates disappear after chapter ?? or have I clicked some kind of help mode on or something !?!? My wife will take the piss out of me for weeks if she finds out I have some sort of casual mode on or something ..... lol

Savitar

R.I.P.

I'm not going to lie.

For the last five minutes I've been laughing since I read this.

Markun

Well... at least Cherche, Say'ri, and Anna survived. (´&#12539;&#969;&#12539;&#65344;)

I'm currently playing on normal/classic mode and am up to Chapter 9, but everytime I go into a fight it will give me the estimate of what our HP will be after each fight .....
But my wife has finished the game on the same normal/classic settings and can't remember ever seeing this, I just checked her save game before the final fight and there were no estimates .......

Now do these estimates disappear after chapter ?? or have I clicked some kind of help mode on or something !?!? My wife will take the piss out of me for weeks if she finds out I have some sort of casual mode on or something ..... lol

I think that your interface might be set to Simplified. Just press Full on the top right corner of the touch screen to change your interface.

Jintor

tab the tabs on the bottom screen

Moonlight

Banned

R.I.P.
Oh my god.

...at least Anna still made it.

Oxx

At least that makes for a more interesting story than if every single character made it through the game unscathed.

And someone needs to photoshop a toilet bowl on Gillian Anderson's head.

Nowi's supports are getting pretty boring.

Guy: I don't want to do that/I think we shouldn't do that.
Nowi: *cries*
Guy: Fine, let's do that.

Fisico

Come to think of it no one but Chrom/Sully got married! What a ripoff. Anyways in a couple years when I replay this I'll do it on Casual mode so that maybe there will be a post-game!

R.I.P.

Holy crap, you sure played the game differently than anyone else.

Top Bottom