• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

25: Kellam, Libra, Lissa, Frederick, Sully, Virion, Tiki
26: Lucina, Flavia, Gregor, Panne

Surviving Crew: Chrom, Say'ri, Gaius, Cherche, Anna, ...and the MC!

R.I.P.
Stahl, Donnel, Ricken, Vaike, Henry, Kellam, Gregor (dead)
Sumia, Miriel, Nowi, Olivia, Maribelle, Lon'qu, Coredliea, Basilio, Libra, Lissa, Frederick, Virion, Sully, Tiki, Panne, Flavia, Lucina (retired)
Tharja (killed by me not knowing how recruiting works lol)
Kjelle (killed by baddies before she could join)

.................... You have only 6 people surviving through your entire journey.................

I'm just lost for words as I'm typing this. You let Lucina die, you didn't get any of the children because only Chrom and Sully married, said wife died as well, the MC didn't even marry..............................

T_T I'm just gonna say good job getting through and having a 1/6 of the cast survive.

Lets hope playthrough number 2 is better than that.

Jinjo

So I started over again on Lunatic. Made it past chapter 1 now after atleast 20 tries. Goddamn. Chapter 2 now. Can't wait to be able to acces DLC lol. Guess after only one casualty on my normal and hard playthrough combined a lot more people are gonna die this time lol.

I think I goofed up by picking speed as my strength though. Ah well, not gonna start over now lol. Hopefully my MU will be able to hit twice sooner now.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So I started over again on Lunatic. Made it past chapter 1 now after atleast 20 tries. Goddamn. Chapter 2 now. Can't wait to be able to acces DLC lol. Guess after only one casualty on my normal and hard playthrough combined a lot more people are gonna die this time lol.

I think I goofed up by picking speed as my strength though. Ah well, not gonna start over now lol. Hopefully my MU will be able to hit twice sooner now.

Whaa? Speed is perhaps one of only good assets--if not THE only good asset--to pick in Lunatic or Lunatic+. Double attacking or avoiding to be double-attacked is a very primarily main concern in these difficulties (making characters like, say, Stahl, not ideal)

Anyways,

Just noticed this WTF: Frederick actually wears a butler suit under his armor. WTF.

Jinjo

Whaa? Speed is perhaps one of only good assets--if not THE only good asset--to pick in Lunatic or Lunatic+. Double attacking or avoiding to be double-attacked is a very primarily main concern in these difficulties (making characters like, say, Stahl, not ideal)

Anyways,

Just noticed this WTF: Frederick actually wears a butler suit under his armor. WTF.

Oh nice. I picked speed on my normal playthrough and even though I liked it, even if it felt like a bit of a waste since you end up waaaaay faster than anyone else anyway. Guess that's what made me underestimate its usefulness now. Good to know.

Will be going MU x Tiki this time, is it worth it?
I want green-haired Morgan.
Or am I better off with another pairing for my Avatar? Already did a Lucina and Cordelia pair-up, so I'd like to do something different now.

Hard/Classic or Hard/Casual. If you get around too chapter 5 without frustrating yourself too much on Hard/Classic it's fine, otherwise you could drop down to casual.

I think I am going to go Hard/Casual. I want to be able to save and play without frustration. Character that "die" in battle in casual mode doesn't gain experience right? If that is the case that will be punishment enough, I am too old for hard core mode. :/

On another note, is there a good 3DS thread here on GAF? This one and Animal Crossing seems to be the most active and I can't seems to find other.

I have some question about 3DS, mostly about how DLC and digital content work. Also is 4GB plenty for someone who wouldn't be downloading too many stuffs or should I go ahead and upgrade it to 8GB.

BTW, thanks for all the reply.

So I used a Second Seal on my avatar at level 10 and then a Master Seal once he had hit level 10 again.
I figured it's what you were 'supposed' to do as all skills for those classes had been learnt.

Have I handicapped my guy now?

cluderi

I'm still around stage 17 on my first play though but Henry is starting to scare me more than any video game character has ever scared me.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Oh nice. I picked speed on my normal playthrough and even though I liked it, even if it felt like a bit of a waste since you end up waaaaay faster than anyone else anyway. Guess that's what made me underestimate its usefulness now. Good to know.

Will be going MU x Tiki this time, is it worth it?
I want green-haired Morgan.
Or am I better off with another pairing for my Avatar? Already did a Lucina and Cordelia pair-up, so I'd like to do something different now.

It would be just fine, although aside from Manakete-related skills--which are pretty useless, in my opinion--Morgan does not get anything from Tiki that she cannot learn herself, unlike that very, very precious Aether.

Oh and Morgan benefits the best if the Avatar marries 2nd gen characters.

On another note, is there a good 3DS thread here on GAF? This one and Animal Crossing seems to be the most active and I can't seems to find other.

I have some question about 3DS, mostly about how DLC and digital content work. Also is 4GB plenty for someone who wouldn't be downloading too many stuffs or should I go ahead and upgrade it to 8GB.

BTW, thanks for all the reply.

The 3DS recommendation thread is one, but it is not that active; might as well just ask your questions here I think.

As for the memory card size, well that depends on your definition of too many stuffs... I personally put a 16 GB card in my 3DS.

Well, larger-size cards cannot be wrong, especially if that rumor that 3DS is gonna get an account system this year is true.

So I used a Second Seal on my avatar at level 10 and then a Master Seal once he had hit level 10 again.
I figured it's what you were 'supposed' to do as all skills for those classes had been learnt.

Have I handicapped my guy now?

Well... you can basically level up limitlessly in this game using DLCs.

And skills for advanced class are learned at 15, not 10. Unless of course you are master-classing someone again into a class they have previously leveled up in.

Sotha Sil

Are there characters you never bother to level? I try to mix things around in each playthrough, but Sumia, Vaike, Stahl and Miriel never make the cut for some reason.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Are there characters you never bother to level? I try to mix things around in each playthrough, but Sumia, Vaike, Stahl and Miriel never make the cut for some reason.

At the very least level up the people you plan on pairing so the stat for their kids don't suffer at the beginning.

Sotha Sil

At the very least level up the people you plan on pairing so the stat for their kids don't suffer at the beginning.

I really don't care about their stats, though, even on Lunatic mode. I just get their parents to S-level support and call it a day. Which means Laurent and Cythia are always doomed to be lame ducks. Poor saps.

CorvoSol

If GAF ever goes to war, please don't sign me up for Lindsay's unit, hahaha.

Anyway, finished up Chrom and Olivia today. Now its time to move on to Avatar and Cordelia. Avatar'll take a hell of a time, but whatevs.

Sotha Sil

Just read Lindsay's final report. Throwing a fail bomb of this caliber in this crowd of min-maxers takes courage; I salute you.

Seriously, I've been laughing for several minutes. Bravo!

Javier

Nowi's supports are getting pretty boring.

Guy: I don't want to do that/I think we shouldn't do that.
Nowi: *cries*
Guy: Fine, let's do that.
Nowi is a pretty bland character. I wouldn't even bother pairing her if it wasn't for the fact you get the far superior Nah out of her marriage.

sd28821

Game Over!

Not the bad kind (not that I didn't have more then a few of those along the way)! btw the last 2 chapters were complete bloodbaths!

Play Time: 16:57:04

Only abit shorter then PKMN Conquest took me. Maybe if I had started skipping animations earlier it woulda cut down on time? 25 was super rough an filled with numerous gameovers. Not a friendly place ta those weak to magic! Even though I lost a ton of good peeps I marched on to the final battle without saving! Figured I'd go for broke an do what you all claimed I was doing all along and just straightforward rush the boss! And it worked! I mean... I almost freaked out when the boss healed 30 hp... in the end however it worked out!

Since I didn't save between battles loading up my file just brings me to chapter 25. Blargh! An nothing new popped up on the world map neither. Which means... there is no post-game for me! Come to think of it no one but Chrom/Sully got married! What a ripoff. Anyways in a couple years when I replay this I'll do it on Casual mode so that maybe there will be a post-game!

R.I.P.
Sumia, Miriel, Nowi, Olivia, Maribelle, Lon'qu, Coredliea, Basilio, Libra, Lissa, Frederick, Virion, Sully, Tiki, Panne, Flavia, Lucina (retired)

too be fair it still could have been worse

Succubi Pie

Neo Member
Nowi is a pretty bland character. I wouldn't even bother pairing her if it wasn't for the fact you get the far superior Nah out of her marriage.

I sort of wish she was more like Tiki. Old, but acts maturely unless she's being childish in a cute way. Like in her A rank(?) conversation with Say'ri. Nowi switching from 9 to 900 is a bit off putting.

GamerSoul

Damn lindsay, I might have to retract my statement about you getting the hang of it but you made it through! And you kept Cherche alive..something I didn't do. Lol how in the...

aravuus

So I'll probably get my copy in a few days. Anything I really should know before starting? This is my first Fire Emblem ever and I know I'll be playing normal + casual since I dislike perma-death, and with a male avatar. That's about it. I understand FEs are pretty hard games, I don't want to find myself in a disadvantage because of some dumb decision I made early in the game.

McNum

On normal casual, it's hard to make mistakes that will make the game unwinnable.

And since the game has optional extra battles in addition to the story chapters, you don't need to worry about missing out on EXP or falling behind, because there's always more enemies to beat up on to catch up.

The only thing you really need to watch out for is Chrom's relationships. By the end of chapter 11, he'll marry the female he has the best relationship with, so watch out for that, it changes the available classes and stats for another character you get later. Not that there are any really BAD choices, it's more if you had a different idea than the game.

LakeEarth

Bought the game, it's pretty awesome. First Fire Emblem game. I put it on the easiest difficulty because I tend to get frustrated by these kinds of games when the going gets tough (Advance Wars). Lots of fun though!

R.I.P.

So who's worse, Lindsay or Deadpandas?

And are you going to do any DLC? I almost feel like Pokemon Conquest is cheating by having you do the same thing over and over.

Branduil

Man, Wellspring of Truth...
I'm lucky I had a few sucky underleveled characters. I feel bad for anyone who leveled everyone equally and played that map.

Oh, it's Anna's birthday? Happy birthday Anna. Please grow some strength. I want to use you but you make it so hard. See you/your sisters in FE14 and beyond.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm lucky I had a few sucky underleveled characters. I feel bad for anyone who leveled everyone equally and played that map.

I did it the right way.

The onslaught of enemies equipped with Limit Breakers is a real rush I don't get even when playing in Lunatic!

Kicked
Walhart's
ass in both 19 and 20. Checked out 21 and damn, most enemies have -faire skills and forged weapons. Looks like I'm going to have to pair up a bunch again :p

Moonlight

Banned
And so the best girl becomes the birthday girl. Happy birthday, Anna. One of the funniest, most affable characters in the game. I knew I had stumbled into greatness somewhere between dodging a 70% chance to hit arrow for the fourth time in a row and your first 'cha-ching!'.

Sadly, art hunting pulled up less than I'd hoped. Still found what I was looking for, though.

jSMroVR.jpg

0GabI5R.jpg

3j77rEI.jpg

That'll be 2000 gold.

So who's worse, Lindsay or Deadpandas?

And are you going to do any DLC? I almost feel like Pokemon Conquest is cheating by having you do the same thing over and over.

I had 8 characters at chapter 18 before restarting, I win.

Now how are you supposed to keep Olivia alive? I got to that point again but she too weak and keeps dying. Can't kill, can't gain levels. She sucks!

Jintor

Anyway, finished it yesterday. 92 hours or so, most of them self-inflicted. I really wish the main story was worth a damn, lol.

NeonZ

Is there any way to keep Donnel using a spear? found a second seal, but I dont really want him using swords or axes.

No, and the village class is just inviable due to low bases and caps. You must class change him, preferably into a mercenary.

Come on, going after a balanced army is how that stage should be played. Pair up and divide your troops, to make the enemies spread around too, makes the map easy enough already. Crushing my own troops was pretty satisfying. Only disappointing bit was the lack of conversations for most characters. So, after foolishly letting one character die, I reset and ended up taking an almost exclusively legacy character team there, since I wouldn't be missing any conversations.

Ghazi

So using a Second Seal on a class (specifically Chrom at great lord and MC at Grandmaster) to change to the same class gets you no bonuses right? But you still level up and get better stats, right?

-Horizon-

Game Over!

Not the bad kind (not that I didn't have more then a few of those along the way)! btw the last 2 chapters were complete bloodbaths!

Play Time: 16:57:04

Only abit shorter then PKMN Conquest took me. Maybe if I had started skipping animations earlier it woulda cut down on time? 25 was super rough an filled with numerous gameovers. Not a friendly place ta those weak to magic! Even though I lost a ton of good peeps I marched on to the final battle without saving! Figured I'd go for broke an do what you all claimed I was doing all along and just straightforward rush the boss! And it worked! I mean... I almost freaked out when the boss healed 30 hp... in the end however it worked out!

Since I didn't save between battles loading up my file just brings me to chapter 25. Blargh! An nothing new popped up on the world map neither. Which means... there is no post-game for me! Come to think of it no one but Chrom/Sully got married! What a ripoff. Anyways in a couple years when I replay this I'll do it on Casual mode so that maybe there will be a post-game!

R.I.P.

Just saw this and went :0
At least Cherche, Say'ri, and Anna survived I guess.

So using a Second Seal on a class (specifically Chrom at great lord and MC at Grandmaster) to change to the same class gets you no bonuses right? But you still level up and get better stats, right?

You just gain 19 more levels to gain more stats. You won't lose or gain any stats in the changing of the class to the same class.

Top Bottom