• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

demidar

http://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan-e/entry-10736119736.html
http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2011/03/18/mikatans-factory-field-trip-part-4/

Mikatan did a series of articles on how these figurines are painted, some parts are machine painted, some are hand painted. Nowdays lots of small parts are done with 3D printers too, the books and that chair of this Tharja figurine is probably done with a 3D printer (maybe not the chair, but the books would definitely be a pain to do without 3D printers).

That's really interesting. I wonder if the march of 3D printer technology will put these people out of a job. I would think the higher end, more premium figures are hand painted.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
So where can I order that Tharja figurine? It's so sexy. I don't care what my wife says, I want her next to our bed.

I'll post links where to get her when they come up.

The best girl should get a figurine too :\

I mean, she's like, 10 million better than Tharja anyways.

*Raises Anti Tharja-Fanboys Shield*

She's getting a figma at least!

*waits for Cordelia figure*

I'm buying the whole stock if she gets one. Screw everyone else!

So where can I order that Tharja figurine? It's so sexy. I don't care what my wife says, I want her next to our bed.

It'll be up for preorder tomorrow, check http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/ . Or http://www.amiami.com/ . I hope you do realize the typical prices of a 1/7 scaled figurine and don't freak out when you see it going for 9000 yen.

The best girl should get a figurine too :\

I mean, she's like, 10 million better than Tharja anyways.

*Raises Anti Tharja-Fanboys Shield*

If this Tharja figurine and the upcoming Marth figma (which is taking too long to come out) sells well there's a 100% chance of more Fire Emblem figurines coming out. So tell your friends and family to get them if you want more Fire Emblem figurines.

MKUltra

I just bought this today to get another code for the 'So Many Games' promotion and can't wait to jump in. I'm maybe thinking getting Animal Crossing, this and Monster Hunter so close together wasn't such a great idea for my productivity though.

Sotha Sil

I had promised myself I wouldn't buy any DLC this month as I rarely play them, but Lunatic is kicking my ass in so many ways that I end up grinding on Champions of Yore #1 between each story chapter/paralogue... Damnit FE:A, I wish I could quit you.

Ghazi

It's someone's birthday today, I just can't quite place my finger on whose it is.

E: Beaten

A look at the final version of the Tharja figure: http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2013/06/24/17th-scale-tharja/

c85bc030.jpg

And I said goddamn, luckily I'm #TeamCordelia but my #TeamTharjaWaifu friend's brain would melt if he saw this.

GamerSoul

That is one of the most impressive figures I've seen. She looks superb and that detail is impeccable.

Just got Brady yesterday, dude is badass. Hah, how ironic that he came from miss proper herself. Lol. I think Fred and Maribelle seems like the perfect pair to concieve Brady. And his supports so ffar with Nah are good. I really like her VA.

Fedrick is an okay dad. He just sucks as a character.

Brady wants to be a Sage who can benefit from his mum's beefy Magic skill, though. Henry, Libra and (in a scenario in which you're not using him for Owain or Laurent) Ricken are the best dads for the thuggish charmer.

GamerSoul

Balls-To-The-Wall Brady is a baller. Sucks that your's has the worst parent as a dad, though :(

Hey I also like Sully so I'm not good at choices ffor this game. He gave Brady Luna so its not too bad. I just wanted the character moreso than the skills. Skill management is not my strong point. Heh. I also finally got my female MU with galeforce and passed it to awkward Morgan. Feels good! I turned him to a barbarian just because but its weird seeing him all muscular. Does not fit him at all.

http://i.imgur.com/1gHeDrL.png

What should happen when a pegasus knight blocks an arrow.
I liked to think of the block as the other unit pushing the unit out of the way rather than the taking the blow shown in the animation.

But taking damage (or even getting killed) for blocking sounds like the kind of thing that would happen if FE5 had Awakening mechanics (also add in enemies being able to pair up).

bon

Still surprised Nintendo is releasing a sexy figure of one of their characters, but it's Tharja and it's super high quality so I'm okay with it just this once.

TrueBlue

I'm planning to buy the DLC when I eventually get a job. If i get all the Scrambles, all of the Future chapters and Rogue & Redeemers 3, will I be missing it on much?

ohlawd

I'm planning to buy the DLC when I eventually get a job. If i get all the Scrambles, all of the Future chapters and Rogue & Redeemers 3, will I be missing it on much?

Buy the Cheat Code pack, too - comes with EXPonential Growth for easy cheesing of fresh units, Golden Gaffe for easy monies and Infinite Regalia for easy legendary weapons.

Lost Bloodlines 2 for Dread Scrolls; an item that allows males to turn into Dread Fighters.
Lost Bloodlines 3 for Paragon; a skill that gives 2x exp you normally get. MUST HAVE. IT'LL SAVE YOU HOURS OF TORTURE. This is also the best map to grind as it has 50 enemy units.

Smash Brethen 2 for Wedding Bouquets; an item that turns females into Waifus... I mean, Brides.

And a personal favorite of mine, Champions of Yore 3 for All Stats +2, a skill that gives you.... +2 to all your stats except HP.

If you didn't know, you can keep playing your DLC maps over and over to receive skills and items. Have fun getting like 20+ Limit Breakers.

Lost Bloodlines 3 for Paragon; a skill that gives 2x exp you normally get. MUST HAVE. IT'LL SAVE YOU HOURS OF TORTURE. This is also the best map to grind as it has 50 enemy units.

This isn't out yet in EU and god am I dying little by little when I grind. I can't get more than 8 exp per kill for some of my units even when defeating lvl 20 promoted enemies...
I gain like 2 levels tops for every reeking box. Why the hell do you not want my money Nintendo!

TrueBlue

Buy the Cheat Code pack, too - comes with EXPonential Growth for easy cheesing of fresh units, Golden Gaffe for easy monies and Infinite Regalia for easy legendary weapons.

Lost Bloodlines 2 for Dread Scrolls; an item that allows males to turn into Dread Fighters.

Smash Brethen 2 for Wedding Bouquets; an item that turns females into Waifus... I mean, Brides.

And a personal favorite of mine, Champions of Yore 3 for All Stats +2, a skill that gives you.... +2 to all your stats except HP.

If you didn't know, you can keep playing your DLC maps over and over to receive skills and items. Have fun getting like 20+ Limit Breakers.

Got the cheat code already, EXPonential Growth is great for grinding. :p

Chrom

Thank Naga for Paragon.

If you ask me, it seems really silly for the Lost Bloodlines and Smash Brethren series to not be released yet in Europe.

Acid08

Banned
For anyone have a good noob introduction guide for this? I feel like I'm totally shitty right now, not understanding all the systems. I'm sure it takes time but I would just feel more comfortable going forward with more sound knowledge about how things work.

For anyone have a good noob introduction guide for this? I feel like I'm totally shitty right now, not understanding all the systems. I'm sure it takes time but I would just feel more comfortable going forward with more sound knowledge about how things work.

What exactly are you confused about? Skills? Classes?

Although I am happy to provide some advice , my real advice is to just play through blind. Fire Emblem is a game meant to be played on multiple playthroughs, dont worry if you finish the game with half your units dead.The 2nd time round you'll know what works and what doesnt, and you'll have a more fun time. For now I suggest you just enjoy (or not enjoy) the story.

Acid08

Banned
What exactly are you confused about? Skills? Classes?

Although I am happy to provide some advice , my real advice is to just play through blind. Fire Emblem is a game meant to be played on multiple playthroughs, dont worry if you finish the game with half your units dead.The 2nd time round you'll know what works and what doesnt, and you'll have a more fun time. For now I suggest you just enjoy (or not enjoy) the story.
Biggest problems right now is where to properly place units and which units to pair up.

chrono01

How long does it usually take for these things to sell out? I want one but I don't have the money right now.
You don't get charged until shipment, so don't worry. December is a long ways off.

As for how quickly, it depends. This seems to be one of the more popular releases [for good reason], so I wouldn't wait too long.

You should be safe waiting a week or so, but I wouldn't personally take the risk. Pre-order now, pay in December [if she's not delayed]. >:)

Biggest problems right now is where to properly place units and which units to pair up.

Keep the enemy range visable at all times, and lure them to you using a tank. In your case its probably Kellam or Frederick.

Pair up depends on what you need. If you need a little more speed to double the enemy, pair up with Sumia or Lonqu. If you need strength, pair up with Vaike. Each class has different pair-up bonuses which may be useful in different situations.

99% of the time its best to pair-up than go solo, because it provides dual strike and dual guard chances, which can help you in a pinch. Consider pairing up the same units all the time to raise their support levels, which will raise the dual strike/guard chances.

As for how quickly, it depends. This seems to be one of the more popular releases [for good reason], so I wouldn't wait too long.

You should be safe waiting a week or so, but I wouldn't personally take the risk. Pre-order now, pay in December [if she's not delayed]. >:)

Scaled figurines usually don't sell that well; unless the figurine is Hatsune Miku or Madoka Kaname I wouldn't bet too much on it selling out. And this is a preorder which means it'll only sell out if there's too much demand for them to meet, which is pretty unlikely. Nintendo figurines don't have that much of a fanbase.

demidar

Scaled figurines usually don't sell that well; unless the figurine is Hatsune Miku or Madoka Kaname I wouldn't bet too much on it selling out. And this is a preorder which means it'll only sell out if there's too much demand for them to meet, which is pretty unlikely. Nintendo figurines don't have that much of a fanbase.

On the other hand, I'm having a hard time thinking of a sexier Nintendo figure.

CSX

So sad :(

I like the fact that the kids never return to their timeline but it's kinda tragic when you think about it...

well they kinda explained why they didnt

From their timeline, one of the fire emblem gems was actually missing so that future was more doomed than the DLC one. Their goal was impossible to acheive. DLC future had all the gems but everyone was doomed to an early death. But I guess Lucina's endng hints to her going back and attempting the impossible i suppose.

Top Bottom